Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cocytus
Msg: 933
Cheating- can you forgive?Page 28 of 59    (19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59)

Forgive a Cheater???? that's the same as forgiving a Liar!!!! Will you ever be able to truly believe a Liar??? NO, right??? Same goes for a CHEATER*******cheats, liars, abusers,thieves, etc,etc., etc..,******* ALWAYS RESPECT YOURSELF FIRST AND FOREMOST,,,,,,,,,,,,never let anyone treat you with anything less than the TOTAL RESPECT you deserve. Obviously, Mr. Cheater was not thinking about how he was disrespecting you while he was doing her!!!!!
Move on baby....if you let him get away with it once.....he'll never take you seriously and he WILL CHEAT again!!!!

You got burnt once that should be enough!!
I've always told my man: "If you decide to cheat on me better' BE SURE ' she's worth it because you've lost me forever! It happened to me once.....he became Instant history because I love me the most!!!
It's hard sometimes but...be true to you!!! even if he's not!

Wow...did you read this after you wrote to see all of the bitterness that's in it?
I seriously doubt that only one man ever cheated on you...
Unless you only dated one man...
Or you followed the others everywhere they ever went....

And all of the icons...that was a little bit of overkill,don't you think?

OP....if you like the ways things are going or went...then by all means forgive.
Or don't.
But, again. forgiveness is up to you...
If you don't forgive...then you'll be the only loser....
 Annuvin
Msg: 934
Cheating- can you forgive?
Posted: 2/16/2008 10:57:55 AM
In my opinion, the foundation of every quality relationship is built on trust. If a girl was to cheat on me, that foundation would fall apart and the entire relationship would come down like a house of cards. If this person did it once, why do you not think they would do it again? Leopards don't change their spots. I know it would be hard, but if a girl cheated on me, that relationship would end the moment I found out.
 .kathydlton.
Msg: 935
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 5:55:46 AM
Cocytus...... I am not bitter....I was married for most of my life since age 18 and have been a widow now for almost 18 years....I know in my heart and soul that "My Husband" never cheated on me!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!!
yes, one man,,,,,,cheated on me...that was someone from last year! He is the loser...not me!
And, these icons are here to use.......
Bitter???? Me?????? I am in no way bitter....just wiser!!!
I have a lot of self-respect and I expect "respect" from others because I deserve it!!!
 cocytus
Msg: 936
Posted: 2/18/2008 6:08:36 AM

Cocytus...... I am not bitter....I was married for most of my life since age 18 and have been a widow now for almost 18 years....I know in my heart and soul that "My Husband" never cheated on me!!!!! Thank you very much!!!!!!!
yes, one man,,,,,,cheated on me...that was someone from last year! He is the loser...not me!
And, these icons are here to use.......
Bitter???? Me?????? I am in no way bitter....just wiser!!!
I have a lot of self-respect and I expect "respect" from others because I deserve it!!!

Umm...so you "know" for a fact that your late husband NEVER cheated on you?
How, exactly would you be able to "know" this?
Wouldn't a more accurate statement be that you "believe that he didn't?"

And I guess that the "relationship" w/ the man from last year wasn't too important.
If he cheated on you and that fact ended the relationship...then things weren't that significant I guess.

Why is he a "loser?"
Apparently you were unable to meet all of his needs...and he went looking elsewhere.
You caught him...or he confessed...and then the two of you parted ways.
And this makes him a "loser".....how,again?

Finally...yes the icons are here to use.
But are you unable to to clearly and concisely make your points w/o using so many of them?
 HellsPrincess
Msg: 937
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:19:05 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, i made that mistake n the c**t did it 2 me again anutha 3 time hes lost not only his wife but his daughter as well, i want 2 slap the mare who he did it with as she knew he had a family but i also want 2 shake her hand 4 doin me a favor, im with a terrific guy now.
 cooldude
Msg: 938
Posted: 2/18/2008 2:40:27 PM

Apparently you were unable to meet all of his needs...and he went looking elsewhere.

Its an excuse a cheater uses to condone their cheating, trying to place the blame on whom they cheated on.

Some people will cheat on you no matter what you do....
 tak_boi
Msg: 939
Posted: 2/18/2008 3:30:31 PM
"If you forgive men for their transgressions, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men, then your Father will not forgive your transgressions" (Matthew 6:14,15)

We must base our relationships with others on the same standard on which God bases His relationship with us: love, acceptance and forgiveness (see Matthew 18:21-35)
 Desert Frog
Msg: 940
Posted: 2/18/2008 7:05:46 PM
I could, but I'm sure it would alter the nature of the relationship. I've never experienced this, but it's hard to imagine how it wouldn't at least loosen the interpersonal bonds anyway.
 Cowboypirate
Msg: 941
Posted: 2/18/2008 7:52:28 PM
To me, cheating may possibly be forgiven, but it is never forgotten. It is always a crushing blow in a relationship, and for me to even consider the slight possibility of staying with a person who has cheated on me once, I would have to be die-hard, 500%, complete, unbelievably in love with that woman. I've been cheated on by several women, mostly because I like taking my time in a relationship and not rushing straight into the bedroom a few days after meeting, and everytime, it hurt. A few, I have forgiven, but I could never forget.
 Yeronds
Msg: 942
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:13:11 PM
My only girlfriend cheated on me, and although I was very angry at her, time has passed, and we didn't see each other for a long time, but now we're talking again, and she's a great friend to have, and I have totally forgiven her.
 forum101
Msg: 943
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2008 9:57:01 PM
Cheating is the ultimate betrayal between a man and a woman. Can you forgive? Can you forget? If you ever experience that feeling of betrayal, the one person you trusted most in the world, cheating on you, you realize, you are the only one you can count on. Maybe forgive them and stay with them, and give them the opportunity to do it again. Never forget it though, everytime they are late, or you get that odd feeling, or they wont look you in the eye, you will wonder. odds are, if they got by with it once, they will try it again.
 cncgandolf
Msg: 945
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2008 11:03:21 PM
"forgive ... to be .. forgive" (paraphrased)

It all depends upon what you mean by "forgive". My spiritual guide teaches that the word "forgive" simply means "to release from the need for retribution" .... it is something I do for me, for my emotional, mental and spiritual health. Lack of foregivenss eats like a cancer of the spirit and mind.

However, foregiveness does not mean to condone or give the person an opportunity to repeat the behavior with you. It doesn't mean to forget. Actually, I have a whole list of things it doesn't mean.

If a person is not getting their needs met with me, leave. Then when they start something up they aren't a cheater. There are appropriate ways to end relationships ... cheating isn't one of them. It is deceptive and manipulative and cruel and self centered. It willfully hurts another human being for self-serving purposes. Yes, leaving also hurts, but it is honest and not manipulative.

Cheaters tend to rationalize, justify and excuse their behavior with blaming ... which is the lowest of the low behaviors.
 Countrygirl9833
Msg: 946
Posted: 2/19/2008 11:06:10 PM
I may be able to forgive someone for cheating on me but I would never forget, which means the relationship is over. No matter what you will always have that thought in the back of your mind that they possibly could be cheating and there will be no trust. There is no relationship if there is no trust
 talula1018
Msg: 947
Posted: 2/20/2008 7:12:54 AM
Once a Cheater , always a cheater! My2cents! Hugzzzzzz Talula
 happyboi
Msg: 948
Posted: 2/22/2008 3:30:04 PM
I tried forgiving... and never completely did... then she did it again. So, I have the once a cheater, always a cheater mentality.
 Happynature
Msg: 949
Posted: 2/22/2008 3:34:46 PM
This is the line in the sand that you don't cross. And if you do...it's over. OVAH!
 ~*Angel Eyes*~
Msg: 950
Posted: 2/22/2008 3:59:12 PM
Nope, I would NEVER forgive for cheating. Cheat once, and it's BYE LOSER!
 Sequoia31
Msg: 951
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2008 7:49:26 PM
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I cheeted on my ex I would never ever do that to a man ever again.
 jldude
Msg: 953
Posted: 3/10/2008 11:24:41 PM
No. If my girl kissed another guy delibirately, I can forgive that, but if she has sex with anyone, that's it. No goin back. That is my territory and if she wants to give it to someone else, there is no return or forgiveness for it.
 reallytakestwo
Msg: 954
Posted: 3/11/2008 12:19:38 AM
Many, many, many moons ago I did forgive someone, in my teens.
I'm a very forgiving soul.
But never have forgotten and probably never will.
Since then, the one other time I was asked for forgiveness, bye bye - alcohol is no excuse. And repeatedly asking for forgiveness will accomplish nothing.
 nycdoctor
Msg: 955
Posted: 3/11/2008 9:26:42 AM
everyone..cheat...my answer is YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 pathwalker49
Msg: 956
Posted: 3/14/2008 12:58:09 PM
No, never, won't happen, 1st time and I'm gone. I may still love you but I'll get over it.
 coca2
Msg: 957
Posted: 3/14/2008 1:27:33 PM
EVERYONE does not cheat. Please don't put everyone in that catagory. I never cheated on a bf. Had one that cheated on me...what an awful feeling. I would never make someone feel like a piece of dirt like that.
 HDynasty81
Msg: 958
Posted: 3/14/2008 2:25:02 PM
No way, not a chance.

The trust would be all gone and everytime she's not around, I'll be wondering where and who she is with.

It's better left alone,IMO.
 winny357
Msg: 959
Posted: 3/14/2008 5:20:37 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >