Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > It's time: Brutally Honest Profile Reviews ... as promised      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 letmewooyou
Msg: 51
DKD15Page 3 of 30    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
i want in... go ahead let me know
 Mani
Msg: 52
view profile
History
mani
Posted: 12/20/2005 7:23:25 AM
I would definitely hit on you kiki but I'm already torn between Ottawa and Montreal. Adding Guelph to my story would literally drain the life out of me

Thanks for your review. I have removed the comment structure and those talking words. I also adjusted some of my interests.

To comment on the cheating allusion, your are rigth it's not cheating, just a different way to live life. We happen to think it's the best one, specially for us! This could be a new thread...

As for swinging, don't really mind but don't fancy it enough to get on the bar scene. Thanks again, you're cool
 badad0ty
Msg: 53
view profile
History
hi
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:11:36 AM
hi my names adam can u review me because i,m nt havibg much succes here thanxs
 kikilynn
Msg: 55
red83
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:33:54 PM
Your caption needs spice. Its extra firm tofu.
Your one picture is okay. Its a wee bit fuzzy, but that's okay. Try to post some fun pics.
Don't have aimless sentences (and then put what you really want to say in brackets.)
Just say what you want to say in the sentences. Clear and simple.
Consider throwing in what you're looking for...
As for your first date... who's the one being unoriginal here?
Its a good start. Keep up the good work, and good luck with your RN program.
 kikilynn
Msg: 56
ma-che-fai-tu
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:47:14 PM
Wat-da-fuk-dos-it-meen?
Cheque is not spelled checque... check. And I believe the saying is, "Don't let your mouth write a cheque your ass can't cash." Don't go around trying to make up "new" old sayings. It makes you sound dumb.
Scrap the useless images.
Make sure your interests are blue. If they're not blue, they probably aren't an interest.
Capitalize 'I', spaces after punctuation, spelling, use apostrophes when necessary (ie. don't), and don't replace periods with commas (ie. ...).
Okay, so, you're a bad guy with attitude, who wants the perfect woman, but she shouldn't expect much of you, cause you can't write, you have attitude, you usually carry yourself around looking like a mofia member and you think you're all that and where it's at!
Well, don't let me bother you... cause you're obviously way too good for me.
 kikilynn
Msg: 57
javiergf
Posted: 12/20/2005 8:53:58 PM
Your headline is also extra firm tofu. Come on people, you can do better!
Pictures are a good start. The head shot is good and the full body. Try to get more pictures where there's some action and we can see your face.
Your profile is too conversation-like. Remember you are writing here, not speaking.
What the heck is DFW?
Don't put your messenger ID there. Its tacky. It makes you look desperate. If I want it, I'll ask for it.
Just be careful with your spelling, try to spice it up a bit, and consider throwing in a paragraph about what kind of woman you are looking for.
 kikilynn
Msg: 58
dasmann
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:02:26 PM
As soon as I read your request, "Stab me a slab me!" I knew it was going to be bad...
But suddenly, it was almost refreshing.
Some one who knows how to spell, use grammar and write (okay, I won't push it...)
Its not bad!
The only thing I can say that's going to help you win the ladies, is to get walking. I know you've started working out, and I admire that, but remember, cardio burns calories. I think you'll be a real cutie when you get outta that bubble.
Good luck.
 kikilynn
Msg: 59
betchacanteatjustone
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:15:40 PM
Okay, so you're like a black GQ man. That's cool. Your pictures are good, but... VERY bad move making your main photo a picture of your rock hard body with a woman all over it when you're trying to pick up. This may be the internet, but its still like walking up to a girl at the bar, sitting beside her, buying her a drink and using some smooth line on her, all with your girlfriend on your arm. Do you see where I'm going with this?
I'll do this ONCE
I'm into expressive women, nothing too weird(COMMA) ie. tarot,(SPACE)s&m,(SPACE)toe fetishes(SPACE)(Yukk!) I'm into being a total gentleman...there is nothing like treating a woman like a precious jewel and watching her sparkle in front of your eyes! I like,(REMOVE COMMA) love stories(SPACE, PERIOD, REMOVE THE STUFF I PUT IN ITALICS ->)(hopeless romantic I am) I would love to be the man to bring up a young ladies self-esteem, and self respect(PERIOD, REMOVE THE STUFF I PUT IN ITALICS ->),...I think it would lift my own to be able to do such a thing! That's my sister piggy in the pic... (REMOVE PERIODS, ADD COMMA)she has a twin sister..(REMOVE ONE PERIOD)
Do put a paragraph about yourself at the begining of your About me. That's more what your reader is interested in.
 kikilynn
Msg: 60
new dude at this
Posted: 12/20/2005 10:47:50 PM
You make this so easy.
F*ck off!
You either want a review, or you don't.
It may be b*tchy, it may not.
You take your chances posting here.
I'll refer you to Message 1, page 1 - then you can decide if you want a review or not.
 kikilynn
Msg: 61
badad0ty
Posted: 12/20/2005 10:59:23 PM
Adam,
You may not be having success for any or all of the following reasons:
1) Headline. Should read like this: Naughty or Nice, you chose
2) You don't have a job.
3) You can't spell socializing, you, I'm, because or laugh.
4) You do not know when to use capitals, or proper grammar.
5) You have lol's in your text.
6) You won't tell me about yourself. (We want to know something, now!)
7) Your writing style is shitty.
8) You're probably lying about being athletic. Its not like you've proved otherwise in your photos.
You may just want to try doing this the old fashioned way and go get some chick drunk in a bar. But, that probably won't work for you either.
 kikilynn
Msg: 62
tmstephen
Posted: 12/20/2005 11:15:14 PM
You're cute.
However, you need a decent headshot as your main picture. The picture of you and your friend at a training class (presumably veinipuncture)... delete it. He's better looking that you are. Makes you look bad.
Now, being an ex-teacher, I would think that you should know that there is an apostrophe in I'm, and quiet is not spelled quite! Double check all of your spelling, always! Remember, you have to make a good impression, and all you have here to do that are pictures and your ability to write.
So far your about me is cute. I think you need to delete the last sentence (if you wanna know more...) and add a paragraph about what you are looking for in a lady. You never need to tell people to e-mail them or tell them that they're allowed to e-mail you. You're here, and if they like you, it is implied that they can drop you a line.
Stephen, you must have gotten carried away when writing your first date, because there are a bunch of spelling mistakes. You need to fix them.
Okay, so you have some work to do, but I think that you're probably a good catch, and that's the most important thing.
 kikilynn
Msg: 63
bricthegreat
Posted: 12/20/2005 11:28:39 PM
Headline: Looking for a fun down to earth girl.
LAME-O! Who isn't looking for a fun down to earth girl these days? Even girls are looking for a fun, down to earth girl! Even I'm looking for a fun, down to earth girl... see where this is going?
Pumpkin, you are not average, you need to change that to "A Few Extra Pounds" and then go for a walk.
Your fouth picture, a headshot with the blue background, looks like it was taken in jail. Scrap it, its doing more harm than good.
Your About me is okay. Its a bit punchy, which is good. I don't know what you're looking for or what you're doing here... And you don't have a first date. Maybe you don't want to go on a date? I dunno!
 kikilynn
Msg: 64
jestanuff
Posted: 12/20/2005 11:38:24 PM
First and foremost, I welcome you to the fugly list.
So, I searched for dromomaniac on dictionary.com, and here's what it came up with:
No entry found for dromomaniac.
I would say that if you are one, that could be a problem, and if that's all you're looking for, you're severely restricting your possibilities.
You're a hobo and you do drugs (prefer not to say = yes). Most women these days are fairly sophisticated and like a man with a job who doesn't do drugs. I can see why this isn't working out for you...
Your About me reads like this:

i've been travelin (hitchin,yaeh people still do that ) 4 a decade i play the banjo and have lots of fun .....ido what i want ......i consider my self a high class hobo (only the best baby ) i've never had a real job and don't care to get one ........some people look down on me but ya know what I DON'T care cause i'm at least livin my life ..............def. dromomaniac (from uncle johns bathroom reader) someone who compulsily travels .........if you don't like that well i don't care

Okay, so now we know that you don't have a job and you don't care that you don't have a job. You're a f*cking write off! Delete your profile and go find yourself a squatter somewhere. She's not going to be on the internet, but you may find her on your travels. I'm sure she'd be happy to have a great catch like yourself!
 kikilynn
Msg: 65
jestanuff
Posted: 12/20/2005 11:41:08 PM
^^^
I swear people are making up fake profiles just to see the reaction they'll get!
 kikilynn
Msg: 66
countrygal45
Posted: 12/20/2005 11:48:41 PM
Country gal, welcome to the fugly list!
And that's all I have to say to you.
Your profile is good otherwise.
I think your market may be slim here, because I think you're up with the times more than most of your generation, but that's totally cool! Hey, good luck. If you meet people here, great! If not, join some social activities for retired people in your area!
You sound like a happy, well established, intelligent woman who doesn't carry a lot of baggage!
Wicked job!
Just put up a picture! (And please, not a nude... *wink*wink*)
 kikilynn
Msg: 67
Enryk
Posted: 12/21/2005 12:01:51 AM
You seriously need help with that brow line. Get in touch with your meterosexual side and go see an esthitician. Or, don't put up the eye as your main picture. Better yet, do both!
Notice that the "Profession" space is small? Don't write a novel here. Just one or two words.

Any questions or comments_? Please start answering the first question... what would you ask if you were given one wish AND ONE WISH ONLY... no, doesn't work if you ask for more wishes.

I think you should delete this. It's a bad idea to tell people what to write to you. Just be glad that they're writing to you.
Otherwise, I like your profile!
*Small pat on the back for Enryk*
 kikilynn
Msg: 68
refreshed5
Posted: 12/21/2005 12:29:59 AM
You do not look refreshed in any of your pictures. Some are too dark. They're all kinda mediochre.
And that's basically all that's on your profile.
The about me is quite thin, and you don't have any ideas for a first date.
 kikilynn
Msg: 71
Enryk
Posted: 12/21/2005 3:36:22 AM
^^^
Please don't let them neglect chest, back or butt either!
 kikilynn
Msg: 72
The Fugly List
Posted: 12/21/2005 3:53:31 AM
For those who don't know, fugly means f*ckin' ugly. It is an assumed description of any POFer who doesn't post their picture on their profile.
For those of you who have made this fugly list, congratulations. First, it means that you had enough guts to post in this thread for a review. And second, it means that you are officially fugly!
I will update this list from time to time.

O-T-B
arri
100percentgeek
jestanuff
countrygal45

Merry Christmas to everyone! I will be gone home for the holidays and may not be around as much until next week. I will get cought up with the reviewing on the 28th.
 Olddog
Msg: 75
view profile
History
It's time: Brutally Honest Profile Reviews by Kikilynn... as promised
Posted: 12/21/2005 10:00:55 PM
Say, you aint got a sister named Snow White, does ya? She was meaner than Seven Hundred Hells too! But she was a looker!
Show ALL Forums  > Profile Reviews  > It's time: Brutally Honest Profile Reviews ... as promised