Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > No sex in a long time .. good or bad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fadetoblackfadetoblack
Msg: 26
No sex in a long time .. good or bad?Page 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Well hasent been that long for me but i would wonder why and if it is by choice or not?and if you want to give it to him then just do it !!!!!
 Ldygmr
Msg: 27
No sex in a long time .. good or bad?
Posted: 1/3/2006 11:29:09 PM
Is someone who is too picky to screw anything that walks by with the right equipment a turn off?
Does this same someone want to screw ME? So I pass his pickiness? Hell no, it's not a turn off. I would rather help a guy get his stamina back than be one of the fifty he's done this week for DANG sure.
 Angel_73
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2006 12:38:49 PM

Well hasent been that long for me but i would wonder why and if it is by choice or not?and if you want to give it to him then just do it !!!!!

fadetoblack ... as for your comment... Im not sure if you where talking to me or just in general but, It is my choice... yes i miss sex ALOT! but i would rather not have any sex then go and have sex with some guy who says he likes me or wants to see me again and never hear from him after sex. I feel like crap and like i was used so i dont do that anymore. I had it happen a few times and im not going to be the gullable sucker anymore lol I wasnt sure if that was the guys plan in the firt place or not( to just get a piece) but i never have a chance to ask them since i never hear from them again.
I dated my last bf for 3 weeks before we had actual intercourse and I plan on doing the same thing with my next one. If he likes me enough he will stick around and wait for it cuz it will be worth waiting for he he he lol
 niceiowaguy
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/9/2006 10:31:33 AM
If you havn't had sex in a long time, it is not a good thing..to me I need sex almost everyday with same person or maybe different person if I was married, which I am not.

Sex is good as long both of you get done within 30 minutes or so.
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/24/2006 8:32:52 PM
It's simply ridiculous. And it doesn't appear I have any options on the horizon to change the situation. Sigh.
 colt8301
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/29/2006 1:26:30 AM
I girl that hasn't had sex in a while isn't bad at all, i prefer a woman that has self control like that.
 cobaltblu
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2007 6:32:48 AM
I absolutely positviely would respect a guy that has shown some restraint-and has maybe been waiting for the right person/relationship before having sex since his last relationship. As oppossed to someone thats been having many partners/casual sex/no care or feelings for the ppl they are sleeping with....i'd much rather prefer someone that has some standards.

Thats been my situation...haven't had sex in quite some time...and if a guy i thought i was interested in was turned off by that-i'd question his sanity. He'd have much preferred that i was out screwing many guys before meeting him?? No-i have been waiting to be dating someone seriously....and I haven't found that. Yet!
 curlygrl
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/11/2007 9:06:05 AM
My self control freaking scares me sometimes -

No not in a while - I have not met anyone yet that I want be with -
oh wait - I have met someone I want to be with - he lives far away
though - I guess the streak continues-
I am not a casual sex kind of girl and I would respect a guy either way -
Some guys just have to have it - no matter how they feel - I can respect that -
But respect the fact that you have to earn it with me - so - yeah like I said-
the streak continues -

so Good or bad - depends on the person -
 that sam i am
Msg: 38
Posted: 4/11/2007 1:10:39 AM
9 months isn't a long time at all.
 sassyansweet
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/2/2007 1:02:54 AM
oh Mcbirdie...it's like riding a bike ...once u figure it out u NEVER forget ;)

Just get back on it and ride!!! LOL
 scorpiomover
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2007 4:39:33 AM
Do you think there is something wrong with that person
Only if they have a 6-foot appendage growing out of the back of their head.

wonder why they havent had sex for so long
People usually tell you why.

Common reasons given:
Person who clearly gets offers of sex and/or dates: wants more than a cr*p shag.
Everyone else: above, or lack of opportunity.

Sometimes this is true. Sometimes the reverse is true, and people are in denial, and believe that they are less attractive than they are, or more attractive than they are. It has more to do with how they see themselves, and less about how attractive they are to people.

does it make you want to be the one to break the dry spell
If I fancy her, then yes. If I don't, then no.

However, I don't want to have random sex with anyone, and only want a relationship with someone I respect, so see the last question and my answer to it.

is it a turn on or a turn off?
In a woman I fancy and respect and who is waiting for more than sex, then it is a turn-on.
I don't think it's ever been a turn-off for me.

Does it make you resepct that person?
If she quit while she was ahead and she's doing it out of respect for herself and her body, and her desire to have a genuine relationship, then I definitely respect her more for this. I know one woman who was doing this the last time I saw her.

If it is just because she's got so used by men, that she no longer wants it from men until it's special, then it makes me respect her less. I have felt that way about things other than sex and from what I understand, it's called burn-out. I put this because I have met many women in this situation.

I realise that my opinion can be viewed as misogynistic. However, I just believe in 2 concepts:
1) That self-control is admirable, and a lack of it is not admirable.
2) That one can have too much sex, and simply switch off, rather than say no.

I'd rather someone quit while they're ahead. Some do, some don't till they are no longer ahead and no-one respects them anymore.
 darkjedi1
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2007 3:17:51 PM
Hell its been 3 years for me, and it sucks lol. But to the question, last 2 years i had an online g/f that lived in illinois, i was in oklahoma. She used to live where i did but ended up moving before i moved there, my friends that were friends with her introduced us. She said she would move back, but neither one of us had the money, supposedly, i know i sure as hell didnt, or a car that was good enough to go get her. She ended up dumping me because she met some guy where she lived. Now to the reason for all that crap. I had a few opurtunities in those 2 years to be with another girl, i never did because even though we lived in different states and hadnt met, i wasnt going to cheat on her. So that was a good reason for not having sex in so damn long.
 jasond1970
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2012 3:08:12 PM
9 months is nothing try 9 years. I have been tempted to become a monk except doesn't celibate mean no oneism?
 Chi Squared
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/4/2012 8:32:41 PM
My current hypothesis, which is subject to further analysis, is that most men who claim that they have not engaged in such activity are either being dishonest or have very to offer in terms of being a skilled boyfriend or friends that have certain types of benefits. The reason I make this claim, which should not be taken as an assertion of fact, is because I feel that men who are sexually charged are not capable of remaining celibate for such a period unless they maintain some type of trait that is typically undesired by a typical female. Examples of those specific traits can be given to those who have questions. Further, I will forward the assertion, even though it may be hasty, that a man who has refrained from sexual intimacy for two months is an ideal candidate. My reasoning behind this is because it is likely that he is being honest, which we can all admit is an honorable trait in a man, and it is also an indication that this man cannot be satisfied by tugging on his wanker alone; he needs the touch of a woman in order to satisfy those itches that we all have. This is by no means a complete work but it is the beginning of something that I do believe most women should consider to be true for not necessarily all men but a good some of them.
 Chi Squared
Msg: 45
Posted: 10/4/2012 8:34:11 PM
I did leave out the word "little" in the second line. Proofreading was always my weakness.
 Fireball827
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/4/2012 11:10:26 PM
Honestly they have means of taking care of themselves.......lol they have BOB. A battery operated boyfriend.
 deerdog1
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/5/2012 4:06:58 AM
I cant imagine not having sex for 9 months ...hell i cant imagine not having sex for a week though it has happened but not by design ..and i am not a sex maniac..and yes i am willing to wait till a woman is ready ..I just cant imagine not being in a relationship that includes sex or has the promise of sex to come...but to tell the truth since I was a teenager I never had to wait for sex ...when I meet a woman I know pretty darn quick if there is chemistry ..and when there is said chemistry I know how to pore on the charm ..I know how to put a woman at ease ... and yes I know how to get in her panties ...and how soon that happens will never make me not want a relationship with said woman ...I want a woman to sleep with me when she is ready ...when she wants to...and it is my job to make her want to as soon as possible so we can get on with our relationship..no Im not a sex maniac im a love maniac .. its not that I cant do without sex ...its that i cant do without love ..and love includes sex
 hunnyluv2g
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/26/2012 11:50:50 PM
I'm freaking out a little b/c it's been four years. Had my first kiss in four years a week or so ago and it was fabulous so I'm hoping a roll in the hay will be equally so.
 ravenhair4u
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:25:59 AM
I haven't had sex in 4 years.
I'm a relationship girl, I need that emotional connection. I'm not going to be used for sex, then thrown away like a piece of garbage afterward. If we're intimate, we truely love & care for each other, & we are in an exclusive relationship. I don't just have sex with anyone, if it's meaningless sex, than what's the point?
When I'm out, & a man makes it obvious he's out for casual sex, sex with no strings, a hook up, it makes me recoil. That is not for me.
I haven't been out there on the dating scene, meeting new ppl. I go to work 5 days, then I stay home most weekends. I like to be home. If I got out more I would possibly have a b/f.
I don't want to be hurt again, I don't want my heart broken again. I just want to meet a decent guy who wants to be in a relationship with me. To be my friend & my lover.
A nice guy, that I find to be physically attractive, that will love me, is that too much to ask? Is there anyone like that out there for me?
 genezvouspas
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/29/2012 9:55:17 AM
Mssgs 203&204
I don't know how you do it, you must be angels or something. Definitely not my cup o'tea; I'm no angel.
 REDMAN4015
Msg: 51
Posted: 12/29/2012 12:59:48 PM
i havent had sex in 3 1/2 years,IM ****IN HORNY,IT HURTS
 natgoat227
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 1:19:01 PM
I agree with 'raven....'...I want some form of ~connection~ before I get involved , intimately.
(I'm even considering writing her...to talk about the possibilities...)
I want there to be a mutual desire to experience each other , sexually...
because I know that I've been often described as a 'Real Experience'!
~ b l u s h ~

As far as 'Good or Bad' . . . ??

Gee...
Ummmmm...
Lemme think........
Bad??
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > No sex in a long time .. good or bad?