Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > No sex in a long time .. good or bad?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sundust20
Msg: 51
No sex in a long time .. good or bad?Page 3 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Well for some of us guys,we are hard working and don't have a lot of times to go out there on the dating field,so i don't think anything is wrong with that guy.it happen to me before,how about 2 years?
 Kippercat
Msg: 52
No sex in a long time .. good or bad?
Posted: 12/29/2012 1:53:51 PM
Id like to take this opportunity to get a plug in for God ! - 1Cor:6:9: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
 Della D
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/29/2012 2:59:39 PM
All I can say is to each their own, sex is an important part of life for some while it is not for others.

My thought about it is:

If someone has not had sex for 9+ months without any medical/physical implications, it stands to reason that this person might not be very sexual. Therefore, if sex is an important part of life and relationship to you OP, tread careful here.
 Single_Dad_Dave
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/29/2012 3:21:18 PM

If someone has not had sex for 9+ months without any medical/physical implications, it stands to reason that this person might not be very sexual. Therefore, if sex is and important part of life and relationship to you OP, tread careful here.

Or that sex is an important part of their life, but they don't sleep around and haven't been in a relationship.
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2012 10:31:57 PM

f someone has not had sex for 9+ months without any medical/physical implications, it stands to reason that this person might not be very sexual..

I shall not dispense with time spans, let's just say if offered a slice of "better than sex cake" I would have to decline on the grounds that the mists of time have rendered my ability to make an honest comparison moot.
That being said, I am pleased that the above cited posted, in wisdom, included the modifier, "might."

Since the last time I check I fully confident that I am not an animal ruled by instinct and self-preservation as sole motivating stimuli. As a sentient being capable of rational thought and not ruled by physical desires alone, I subsume my need for physical intimacy (sex) into the greater desire to be coupled with an equally desirable woman. As others have posted, physical intimacy without the grander design of a mutually pleasing relationship is not my cup of tea.
Sex with a stranger, or near stranger, would hold no joy for me in that, while my body might be naked, my gestalt would still be covered - thereby erecting a barrier between myself and my would be lover. No joy.

TK
[Joy is important]
 natgoat227
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2012 1:02:27 PM
With a Partner??
Going on 2-years
If it weren't for my typing and my Golf game....
I'd have no use for my Left Hand.....At All!!!
 SouthsideJohnny01
Msg: 57
Posted: 1/8/2013 7:40:30 AM
No matter what is said, it is bs on what the opposite sex will view you as.
If a guy goes say 4 years without sex, I have before not a big deal, women will NOT view him in a good light. She will think he has problems, and think "Great a guy who doesn't like sex" or "He won't know what he is doing, probably can't satisfy a woman." Yet if the guy is having casual sex he is definitely looked down at. Can't win.
Women not having sex for 4 years let's say, well guys many times will think "Hmm she likes to use sex as a weapon." or "She's a prude." But if she is sleeping around then guys will think "Ya right, I am not having any part of that...."

So you cannot win. Online people will bs because you wanna look good to the masses.
 MutedEnthusiasm
Msg: 58
Posted: 1/8/2013 8:59:08 AM
^^^ not sure where you’re getting all these narrow-minded views, but why give them space in your head?
 lwisegirl
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/14/2013 7:40:05 PM
@ Kippercat - Re:

Id like to take this opportunity to get a plug in for God ! - 1Cor:6:9: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Thank you, and Amen to that!
 cja41575
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2013 2:52:32 AM
Going on 40 years here. It's weird reading how normal people deal with their months long dry spells.
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/15/2013 4:53:56 AM
I've only had sex once in 54 years and that one time was 10 years ago so I must be really messed up.

Yes I am.
 passion2pleaseaz
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/21/2013 10:10:57 AM
i don't see where that would be a problem.i think that someone who has went months without sex is more of a positive than
a negative.it probally means they are not whoring around looking to screw anything willing to accomodate them.
 CyclistWill77
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2013 1:55:04 PM
In my case, I'm not interested in sleeping with someone outside of a relationship. Due to the fact that apparently I'm undateable and therefor less than relationship material, well, you can do the math. I've had exactly one opportunity about 5 years ago, she was very attractive, and very drunk. It would have taken no effort to make it happen (she wanted sex.) We made out, and I didn't sleep with her. I had no interest in taking advantage of her (where is the fun in that?) Half of me thinks I made the wrong decision, but in the long run, it was likely the right decision.

At this point, I kinda have to ask, whats the hurry. I've been single all my life, if I run out and sleep with someone just to sleep with them, all it will do is make me more frustrated by the fact that no one is interested in what I have to offer.

I guess in my case its both a good and bad thing. A good thing because well, no STDs or anything like that. I'm also not messed up from a wrong/bad relationship. A bad thing because social norms say so, and no one my age wants someone with no experience.

I can't go become a monk, that would entail following a religion, and I'm anti-religious. I guess I'm screwed; or in this case, not getting screwed. Perhaps I should become a covert spy for the CIA, that might work. Avoiding getting caught/shot tends to take ones mind off whether or not they are sleeping with someone or not.
 seafoodandeatit
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2013 4:27:31 PM
dont let it get you down BondGold.
my ex done me over real good and it took me a few years to even just look at a woman.
just dont bad for the other side and it's all good.lol
 gloomysunday
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/22/2013 7:44:23 PM
To be honest its not good or bad I can think of a few ways its good but zero on how it could be bad.

I've only had sex once in 54 years and that one time was 10 years ago so I must be really messed up.

Yes I am.

I can actually relate to this post because at 26 I've only had sex twice in my life and I passed the 6 years without sex mark and I don't see me trying to break it.
 sigungq
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 8:00:39 PM

You talk to someone and you find out they havent had sex in a long time (lets say 9+ months) Do you think there is something wrong with that person .. wonder why they havent had sex for so long, does it make you want to be the one to break the dry spell, is it a turn on or a turn off? Does it make you resepct that person?

Just curious to see what everyone thinks lol

Sex???? What's that???? Never had it. Probably a turn off for most women. But then again, if I had any idea how to turn a woman on, I suppose I would have had sex at some point.
 OhioJeepindude
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2013 9:25:52 PM
For women I think they can go a while without sex without problems.
Men (Or maybe its just me) Need to keep "the pipes cleaned out" every now and then so as to not let things get backed up.
 shine1274
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/23/2013 2:30:52 PM
It has been a while for me. I found my relationship to sex being similar to that of alcohol and food. I decided I had to get a grip on these things. Meditation really helps get you through it. I got the "need" (really it is an urge) for alcohol and sex under control. Food is still an issue.
 m.arellano07
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2013 5:39:44 PM
well not exactly like take me i been here helping my bby mama out and its hard to belive but we havrnt had sex i havent had sex in about 6 months dam thats a long time but any way theres to much shit out there so i rather take a cold shower and well yeah i do miss having sex buthey im not a hrndog well if is there hell yeah all day all night but thats only if im with some one if not im taking showers all day lol....
 Martyb1966
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2013 12:21:04 PM
I haven't had sex in over 2 years... I live in Dover DE does any women want to break that spell for me....I sure do need it badly. The last time I had sex was Nov. of 2010.
 Football11234
Msg: 71
Posted: 3/4/2013 4:44:22 PM
I haven't had sex in a year and a half. And the time before that was a year. I would like a guy who respects that, and shares the same morals as me. I don't know why, I just am not attracted to guys I hear have sex all the time with any random girl.
 kjay41
Msg: 72
Posted: 3/4/2013 5:32:26 PM
Nothing is wrong with that person, and on a personal note...Nothing is wrong with me, I love sex but I am very selective and don't enjoy one night stands or flybs...Not my forte per se. I can wait it out, till I am intrigued by the right one.
 sigungq
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2013 5:35:35 PM
What if you've never had sex?
 alexander.13
Msg: 74
Posted: 3/5/2013 12:12:35 PM
im almost 19 and i never got the chance, life is kinda bland not knowing what all the fuss is about but hey, not so bad when you got your hobbies to keep you distracted, im pretty young though still but at this day and age, hard to meet a virgin anyway
 sunsunsunandmoresun
Msg: 75
Posted: 3/6/2013 9:23:38 AM
I'd rather hear her say she hasn't had sex in 9 months than ... AN HOUR AGO !
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > No sex in a long time .. good or bad?