Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 92
view profile
History
No sex in a long time .. good or bad?Page 6 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Can't go more than a few days. Otherwise I might have to drink!
 NJgirl116
Msg: 93
No sex in a long time .. good or bad?
Posted: 9/10/2015 9:32:37 PM
I can't go without a beer for more than a couple of days. That's probably what compensates.
 spot4username
Msg: 94
Posted: 9/11/2015 5:20:27 AM
Since my separation in '96 and ultimate divorce if you add up all the celibate/active time periods I have been celibate more. Often for many years at a time. I was busy being a 24/7/365 parent. Now that I am single and have an empty nest I can't find anyone I want to have sex with.
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 95
Posted: 9/11/2015 7:08:17 AM

Now that I am single and have an empty nest I can't find anyone I want to have sex with.

You're young, you're attractive, that should be rather easy to remedy.

(Crickets.)

Wait, you live in Amelia Island.

Don't they have wild horses there?
 spot4username
Msg: 96
Posted: 9/11/2015 7:42:25 AM
^^^ The horses are next door on Cumberland. I was there a few weeks ago for some time off the grid. One of my sons was there all day yesterday. It is an amazing place. It really is like stepping back in time. There is no way to accurately describe it for someone who has never been.

If it was easy to remedy I wouldn't be on POF anymore. I would be out having fun with a man and even *gasp* getting laid.
 gtomustang
Msg: 97
Bad. Very Bad. Apparently there should be charity sex for us
Posted: 9/11/2015 12:04:37 PM
Apparently for us, a long dry period turns us into addicts who come to a website to watch people get deleted :)

Boy, I have to say, when IG mentioned horses a real bad picture entered my mind :) I let my passions out in car shows, running 3 hours up to Lake George NY for a car show, but 20 % chance of showers :( Makes for better photos, but perhaps fewer cars. I'd let Belle know, but it might not be worth the travel for her if it rains.
 spot4username
Msg: 98
Bad. Very Bad. Apparently there should be charity sex for us
Posted: 9/11/2015 12:53:18 PM
Yes, I hesitated a moment at the horse reference but I knew what he meant.

We have a great car show here.
https://www.ameliaconcours.org/
Lots of amazing cars and interesting individuals on the island that week.
 Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 99
Let's talk about sex bay bee, let's talk about SEX
Posted: 9/11/2015 12:57:31 PM
WHOA , WHOA , WHOA ( speaking of horses )

This subject is about SEX

S E X

Let's not get off track here people !
 spot4username
Msg: 100
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:42:24 PM
Oh trust me. I know exactly what the subject is. SEX.

I wish I could stop thinking about SEX.

Witnesstomythoughts
Msg: 101
Posted: 9/11/2015 1:47:39 PM
^^^^ I know , people up there say what's the big deal but man....I sure do miss kissing and touching a woman DAMMIT
 InnerGorilla
Msg: 102
Posted: 9/11/2015 2:50:49 PM

WHOA , WHOA , WHOA ( speaking of horses )

This subject is about SEX

S E X

Let's not get off track here people !

Damn it, when I talk about sex you all scream at me TBA, TBA and when I talk about something else, you guys go BACK TO SEX!!!!

Hehehehehe.

It's a no win situation, so back to sex.

Have you guys seen horses mate?

(Okay, TBA!! TBA!!)
 gtomustang
Msg: 103
Does Adidas stand for all day i dream about sex?
Posted: 9/11/2015 8:22:57 PM
You're right about the concours, Spot, I've read about it in my magazines for years. Its a big deal, someday i'll get to check it out.

for sure, I miss all the little things about sex, and foreplay. Pity the poor lady who gets me, she's going to get hours of it. in that way, however, not getting any of it does change me in a way--it makes it more of a focus. and for sure, i'm not the only one. as the movie says, desperation is the world's worse cologne. there may be chances I lost somewhere in the past due to it.

went to a small town fair tonight, that offers enough to attract people from around the area. surrounded me with all sorts of pseudo cow girls and country gals, and the like. Last time for everyone to flirt and carry on before the cold weather has us all bundle up and hide ourselves. fun to watch, yet a reminder of what is missed.

at least the figure 8 demolition derby was the best one yet. As much destruction, as a race to a finish line. Competition and rooting for a winner as well as the energy of watching one car crunch into another, sometimes upsetting the one in the lead. one was smart enough to put his car in reverse and go backwards across the finish line. and then there's the creativity in painting the cars.

yep, that's how I substitute for a nice body massage. brother :)
 lunn1969
Msg: 104
Posted: 5/8/2016 1:30:35 PM
hi to you need to
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2016 1:05:29 AM

I can't go without a beer for more than a couple of days. That's probably what compensates.

Drinking beer for me makes me want it more. Also helps lower one's standards to be more open to it. Or, as you point out, helps one fill in the void of not having it. Beer's the cause and solution to all of life's problems! :)
 LetitiaLeGrande
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2016 2:41:29 AM
I agree with Summer teeth, it is like riding a bike and you never forget especially with the right person. I know those who choose not to have sex sometimes for years on end. Prefer not to have casual with just anyone. Each to their own.
 south_city
Msg: 107
Posted: 5/10/2016 8:07:58 AM
I don't think it's a good or bad thing. I am open to casual sex. But I would rather not have sex in a long time instead of having sex with a woman that I'm not at least somewhat physically attracted to.

I don't care about no experience. I prefer not too much experience because of course what diseases did they pick up along the way

Regardless of experience, anyone that had sex could have a STD. Perhaps they never used condoms and/or had sex with a IV drug user. Or they got a STD from an ex-spouse / significant other. It's not just the amount of sex and/or having casual sex that determines whether a person has a STD.
 ginghamgal
Msg: 108
Posted: 5/10/2016 10:48:03 AM
Neither. Doesn't matter to me if the last sex a man had sex was the day before he met me or 5 years ago.
 south_city
Msg: 109
Posted: 5/10/2016 7:55:36 PM

Replace "self respect" with "can't find anyone up for it", and THEN what...?

Yes that can happen. Some people aren't looking for sex outside a relationship. Some people are looking casual sex and weren't interested in whomever was available at the time. Some people are looking for casual sex and couldn't find anyone that was interested in them.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 5/10/2016 9:58:31 PM

Regardless of experience, anyone that had sex could have a STD.

And those who haven't -- virgins, too. Just because something's transmittable via sex doesn't mean it requires sex. 10% of virgins are estimated to have HPV, not to mention other things. One could really scare themselves silly.

Replace "self respect" with "can't find anyone up for it", and THEN what...?

If he can't ever find anyone up for it (and trying) over a real long period of time, then yeah, he can't exactly brag on self-respect. Nor one who has sour grapes about it either.

Some people are looking casual sex and weren't interested in whomever was available at the time.

True... but to relate to another thread, I think that's where the proposed "6-10s are all the same to me" concept comes in, when it's not quite that way. One would be more apt to be bothered by minor incompatibilites with those they see as 6 VS minor incompatibilites possibly not even seen with the 10s. One will be more apt to have their desire limited to casual sex with what they see as a 6, but obviously Very inclined for more with a 10. Also, one may be turned off in some ways (outside of looks) with a 6 to not want to engage in casual sex, while someone who's a 9 or a 10 in their eyes, oh they most certainly will want to engage (but may not want to go further than that relationship-wise).

I think if someone's looking for everything from casual sex on up, but over a long period of time on that fertilization egg hunt they can't find anything, they can say they weren't interested in whomever was available at the time -- but basically what that means is everyone they found good looking enough weren't interested.
 south_city
Msg: 111
Posted: 5/11/2016 7:10:17 AM

I think if someone's looking for everything from casual sex on up, but over a long period of time on that fertilization egg hunt they can't find anything, they can say they weren't interested in whomever was available at the time -- but basically what that means is everyone they found good looking enough weren't interested.

Perhaps. But it is also possible they found very few people that were good looking enough for them. Some people can be extremely picky about whom they would have casual sex with. They may not consider anyone that is below a "8" or a "9" in their eyes.
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 112
Posted: 5/11/2016 10:42:18 AM
Hmmm.....I meet 2 women, one says they just had sex YESTERDAY, the other says they haven't had it for over 9 months....which one would be more appealing ?

Yeah, that's a tough one !

( eye roll )
 ohenryx
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2016 11:54:53 AM
^^^ Uh... both?

That is, both are equally appealing, right?

I mean if they were both equally attractive, then who cares if it was 30 minutes or 30 days or 30 months?

I have always heard that a woman is never more willing than when she just did. And a lifetime of actual experience tends to back that up, so ...
 Butterchickenchuck
Msg: 114
Posted: 5/11/2016 12:02:58 PM
^^^^^^ EW

IOW, I beg to differ

Call me squeamish all you want, I don't like the idea of dipping into some other guy's goo.

Different strokes
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2016 2:04:34 PM

Perhaps. But it is also possible they found very few people that were good looking enough for them.

Yeah, true, that's possible... although with just "I wasn't interested any of those available during that [long stretch of] time [on a hunt even for casual sex]," even for the very pick

It wouldn't be the best answer by them, tho. Otherwise, I would assume they'd emphasize, over this long period of time when they were also on the Hunt even for casual sex, that there wasn't hardly any somewhat cute guys/girls out there at All. I would think that'd be their main frame of mind, right?

Just "I wasn't interested any of those available during that [long stretch of] time [on a hunt even for casual sex]." If I were in Vegas, I'd make good money (but no, not win every time of course) that they just couldn't get ones they were attracted to.

They may not consider anyone that is below a "8" or a "9" in their eyes.

Yeah, some people can be like that (although for being open for just casual sex, people won't be as picky compared to Date-worthy)... but if they're on the actual Hunt, there are going to be options. They either get shot down too much (going for 8s/9s when they're a 6 but don't mention it) -- or too scared to face it head on To get shot down much... so I guess you could add in "too shy" despite allegedly being on the hunt.
 south_city
Msg: 116
Posted: 5/12/2016 6:58:00 AM

Call me squeamish all you want, I don't like the idea of dipping into some other guy's goo.

To each their own. I don't make any assessments about a person simply based on the last time they had sex without knowing any other factors.
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >