Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 coleyhall
Msg: 20
wanting to date a tranny anybody have some good advive for me?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
i myself am transgendering into a woman bet you couldnt tell but its pretty tough. anyways if you wanna date a tranny then go for it dont let anything stop you from being you.
 JCinVicBC
Msg: 21
view profile
History
wanting to date a tranny anybody have some good advive for me?
Posted: 11/1/2011 5:37:50 AM
A good place to start might be not calling them trannies. Some of them find the term offensive. I know it's a bit of a minefield there, but if you just specify transwomen, transmen, or (I hate this term--it sounds derogatory to me--but it's the only one I know of, other than transandrogyne and transintersex, which I coined myself) genderqueers, you should be safe on that point.

I'm sort of in the same situation, though I'm quite certain I'm interested in them. I like both ciswomen and transwomen equally, both emotionally and sexually, and 3 of my major crushes (including one of my top 4) are transwomen. But I really don't have any dating experience at all, with people of any gender, and I've also never had the opportunity to actually spend time with a transwomen, other than chatting on facebook.

I would say that's the place to start. Spend time talking to them, online and in person. Not necessarily flirting or anything, just friendly chatting. Learn about their gender identity and treat them appropriately. If the person is a CD, for example, and MTF, they will probably identify as male; whereas one who is transgendered (ie. has gender dysphoria) will often identify as female. (It can be difficult sometimes--I talk occasionally on facebook with a very passable and attractive CD, and find it very difficult to think of him as a man.)

i myself am transgendering into a woman bet you couldnt tell but its pretty tough.

Yep, you look quite passable, and lovely too.
 Shannon_1981
Msg: 22
view profile
History
wanting to date a tranny anybody have some good advive for me?
Posted: 11/1/2011 3:09:44 PM
For one thing, the word "tranny" is a slur. Stop using it. For two, educate yourself on the LGBT community. Do not treat them like fetishes, because they are not fetishes, they are people. Start there, master that part, and then perhaps you will have more luck.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >