Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sugargirl83
Msg: 240
If she has the condoms is that a good thing?Page 11 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
Smart women carry condoms. End of story.
 MikeWM
Msg: 241
view profile
History
If she has the condoms is that a good thing?
Posted: 10/8/2011 2:20:14 AM
If you dont really know the woman then I wouldnt trust their condoms personally and have on a few very rare occassions where I either didnt have any condoms or hadnt taken enough with me had to decline penetrative sex

Each person HAS to be responsible for their OWN protection, that is the cardinal rule

99% of the time using condoms a woman has with her wont be an issue, but that other 1% will leave you having to pay child support for the next 18+ years when it "miraculously" splits and if you are unlucky enough to have found that 1% then you will only have yourself to blame

And being in a relationship doesnt remove that possibility as its hardly unheard of for a woman IN a relationship to try and cement, stregnthen or try to repair it with a child, or to just simply be more bothered about having a child at that time in her life than about how her partner will react to there being an "accident"

So if you dont want to be a father take responsibility for your OWN protection, dont rely on someone else having YOUR best interests at the top of their priority list because it never ever will be. Theirs will always be the top few items on their own list as yours should be on your priority list
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 242
Posted: 10/8/2011 3:38:30 AM
She's just careful. You should carry some too.
 SeaCatcher
Msg: 243
Posted: 10/8/2011 3:44:35 AM

Well said. I like the phrase of Pickles! "if you question her virtue you must also question your own." She enjoys sex and so do you. That's the way it should be.

Why assume she is "too sexually active" just because she's careful enough to carry condoms? She's the one risking pregnancy, but both of you risk sexually transmitted diseases, so I suggest next time you should also carry condoms.
 bilby886
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2011 8:34:27 AM
yes,
its responsible
 MikeWM
Msg: 245
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2011 3:36:11 PM
But you being responsible relied on YOU having your own condoms that you know are intact and a decent quality make

Putting whether or not you become a father in somebody elses hands ISNT by any stretch of the imagination being "responsible"
 bilby886
Msg: 246
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2011 4:21:09 PM
coorect and if your condoms have been sitting on the dash of your car, or you wanna go for thirdies forthies i's 5am sunday morning in Paris the corner shop isn't open? and blah freakin blah

wether you are a man or a woman each person should be equally responsible Its just about pregnancy anymore........ with some STDs it could be a life or death decision!

So YOU only carry condoms so YOU don't have to think about "new responsibilities to new life?

If both sides of the condom practice safe sex it means each person has condoms incase the other doesn't or uses them up. In a normal safe sex session you might need 6 condoms - I'm talking strictly safe sex but very colourful and spicy type.

for the 'ol 1-2 yeah two condoms from your manly wallet would do - but due to storage conditions I would doubt the integrity of the condoms.

Any way Blah!
Ladies regardless of what why where moralizing / fathering and mothering just carry some fresh condoms in case you need them or give them to a friend - you may be saving your friends life you know!

Any Man criticising women for bring condoms to the party is not a real man!

being a "Responsible Adult" is NOT gender specific
 bilby886
Msg: 247
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2011 5:24:01 PM
But you being responsible relied on YOU having your own condoms that you know are intact and a decent quality make

Putting whether or not you become a father in somebody elses hands ISNT by any stretch of the imagination being "responsible
*******"***

firstly,
who said anything about reliance??? its about an individual taking the responsibilities for themselves.
secondly,
unprotected sex has bigger risks than just pregnancy
(which BTW is reversible - another topic time and place)
or in your above statements of "unplanned fatherhood" ----> what about your health? what about the person you will have sex with I could not be so selfish as to not include their health in my concerns!

YOU HER ME HE SHE...WHO has the condoms is not so important just long as FRESH INTACT QUALITY BEAR STRENGTH CORRECT FITTING CORRECTLY FITTED CONDOMS (and above all electronically tested!) are used... No-body needs a Uni degree to know this by now.

now the health risks:-
if we don't use one or use one of dubious nature (quality/fit/integrity brrah brrah braah read the instructions, go-on!) the health risks for
1. my Tickle Me Elmo - terminal......corroded battery terminals
2. for my partner or me or future parnter, next partner, customer ...terminal illness - AIDS/HEP C LEADING TO LIVER CANCER and so-on,
not to mention the lifestyle changing and debilitating incurable social diseases - such as herpes(genital warts)

Soooo If I were a lady expecting safe sex - what ever reason - yes, there would ALWAYS be FRESH condoms loosely yet safely stored in my LV bag (oh awlright Burberry for you then) at any given time - NOT some SCRUNCHED UP FRANGER thats been siiting in *YOU*r trouser back pocket through three wash cycles and four drunken visits to the local bar!

As a guy I keep some ( 1/2 doz.)in my laptop bag, a box at home. I do not have a hand bag but seldom without my laptop thus laptop bag. I don't store them scrunched up in my wallet or back pocket ( YOU didn't buy them scrunched up so why store them like that - RTFI)

whether you are a man or a woman
(or no matter which side of the condom you are on! :-)) - for our friends in transition or see themselves in the middle of the sexual horizon
IF ITS NOT ON THEN "IT'S NOT ON"
 Secondhand_Lion
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2011 8:00:18 PM
Well, I guess that depends on what condoms she's toting. If she pulls one out, and the container is the diameter of a beer can with a super magnum label....I tend to get a little insecure.
 Sasyecats
Msg: 249
Posted: 10/8/2011 8:20:50 PM
It's only a bad thing if
it's tossed around in the bottom of her purse and she's not checked the seal,
she 's not bothered to check the expiration date...
or it's waaaayyyy too small...

If your allergic to latex having your own is a good idea...talk about ruining a moment..
 Becoming_Me
Msg: 250
Posted: 10/8/2011 10:41:17 PM
I agree with the other posts here. I carry a condom in my bag most of the time I am not sexually promiscuous or easy. I'm just safety conscious better safe than sorry.
 MikeWM
Msg: 251
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2011 3:42:39 AM
I'd personally choose to go without penetrative sex rather than use a condom somebody else had if I didnt really know them that well

And even when you do know them "well" you should have a better idea of how many you "might" need anyway, so rather than carrying "enough" always carry several times more than you need anyway

If youre meeting someone for a coffee do you take exact change with you? Course not, so why only carry a minimum amount of condoms around?

Even when I'm single and not even entertaining the idea of hooking up with anyone I have three in my wallet and a dozen in the car maybe a minimum of two dozen at home to allow for a "busy weekend" cropping up out of the blue, as the wallet ones get used theyre replaced from the car and then new ones from home replace those and are replaced by new ones

I've never, not once in my life been in a situation where I have had to rely on a condom provided by somebody else even during the more "athletic" periods in my life
 LabradorOokpik
Msg: 252
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2011 7:41:50 PM

I have three in my wallet

I've always heard that keeping condoms in wallets degraded them. Taking a risk there.

http://www.trojan.ca/ArticleDetails.aspx?ArticleId=12
 MikeWM
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2011 5:03:30 AM
Depends how quickly they get used though really and where theyre stored too

Mine are in a pocket behind my credit cards so they dont get flexed or stressed

And times when I have been taking a break from dating/relationships (of any type) I tend to throw them all out anyway then just buy new when I'm ready to get back into it

If someone had one in there they'd still not used since college then yeah, what a muppet. But they'd probably be the type who is so disorganised theyre always getting food poisoning from eating out of date food from their cupboards too
 milehiguy12
Msg: 255
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2012 3:47:50 PM
If it was me, I would think:
1. Wow what a well prepared woman!
2. I hope she doesn't think less of me for not being responsible!
3. I bet there is a lot I can learn from this woman.
4. I feel lucky one of us was thinking.
5. This is a girl I need to get to know better!!!!
 Lionesse19
Msg: 256
Posted: 5/15/2012 4:38:00 PM
You are over analysing and were you prepared to have sex without one as you didnt have any?? Cant please some men!!! Of course she does not want to get pregnant and it is none of your business who she has sex with, as you are not in a relationship. Be grateful. Next time bring your own, buddy.
 saveta
Msg: 258
Posted: 5/16/2012 5:44:12 AM
I used to carry condoms around, just in case. It didn't mean I was "a little too sexually active" - because I wasn't, but it did mean that I really didn't want to find myself pregnant. So, don't judge a woman when she whips out a condom from her bag. One of you - surely - has to be responsible.
 DomG79
Msg: 259
Posted: 5/16/2012 5:48:32 AM
Why would it be bad if she has condoms? Seriously? Is this a Rick Santorum fan page, or is it a "Sex and Sexuality Issues" forum? Did the clock roll back to the 1950's and no one told me?
 jan135135
Msg: 260
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:27:38 AM
if a boy isnt smart enough to remember a condom-no s*x no exceptions

jann
 internetdatinglol
Msg: 261
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2012 7:32:21 AM
Massive turn off. Some guys love it but uh... on the whole they're the same type of guy that goes to computer swap meets and Star Trek conventions in sweat pants and a gravy-stained tshirt.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
 DragonBits
Msg: 263
Posted: 5/16/2012 9:07:48 AM
IM experience, if she has a Mechanical Condom Vending Machine next to her bed, it's a bad sign for a LTR.
 Eros_realm
Msg: 265
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:32:43 AM
She is just thinking ahead. Get over it and enjoy what she is offering. Who knows one day, year, or rest of life you may not get anymore..
 naughtyjunebug
Msg: 266
Posted: 5/16/2012 10:48:40 AM
who cares if shes to sexually active she prepared and ur about to get laid its a win win
 prairiecutie19
Msg: 267
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:06:52 AM
I dont know why men are worried if a woman has condoms, at least you know shes clean and has no stds (hopefully). I personally have condoms for the simple fact that I only consent to safe sex. Dont be silly wrap your willy :) Always!.
 tlhthrillseeker
Msg: 268
Posted: 5/16/2012 11:17:34 AM
I think that just makes her a wise woman who understands her sexual needs and knows better than to trust some man's condom that has been in his wallet so long there is an indentation.......WTF with the double standard?
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  >