Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carolann0308
Msg: 101
view profile
History
My Weight and My BoyfriendPage 14 of 16    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16)
Move on. You are a beautiful girl that deserves a man that adores you head to toe. I have been a size 4 and a size 12 and the men I was with never ever tried to get me to gain or lose. This is a bad sign of a very controlling nature. It will not stop at just a few pounds eventually he will criticise your hair, clothing intelligence etc. Stop it now.
 JohnXYZ
Msg: 102
My Weight and My Boyfriend
Posted: 10/12/2008 9:12:04 PM
There is nothing more beautiful than a BBW.

There are many men like me who would not only accept, but adore a woman who is a BBW. Find one and enjoy your life.
 submarinequeen
Msg: 103
Posted: 10/12/2008 9:32:44 PM
I hope this helps
same thing happened to me
Just not the right guy.
things happen. weight happens
a lot of men will still like you
don't stay with him when he is being a**** Status is bullshit. He is bullshit.
I bet many of his friends like you...look into it
 chrisann23
Msg: 106
Posted: 10/13/2008 6:48:36 AM
Regardless of when the thread started, this is an ongoing debate.

A woman who is comfortable with herself at whatever weight shouldn't change herself for a man or to get a man. Either take me as I am or move on.

Now, if you want to lose weight for yourself, for your health, for your life, by all means explore possibilities. You cannot embrace the weight loss plan until you are ready, and not when someone else says you are.
 jackster121
Msg: 107
view profile
History
Posted: 10/13/2008 10:52:50 AM
Yo can't intimidate someone into losing weight. That causes stress which leads to comfort eating.
If you decide to lose weight do it for yourself only. It won't work if you are doing it for someone else.
He should be encouraging, understanding and supportive. He is not, time to go.
 honestspirit
Msg: 109
Posted: 10/13/2008 5:21:55 PM
Sweetie I'm a larger girl myself and have never had a "di&%" treat me like that and I wouldn't take it if I ever come across one. You said you met him when you were larger than you are now. He obviously knew this when you met... duh! I only have one thing to say, kick the "dick" to the curb. Don't let him make you feel less a woman because of his insecurities. The next time he says something to you about your weight stand up for yourself and tell him if he doesn't like how you look, tell him he's a****and hit the pavement, otherwise you'll live up to your "big girl" status and throw him against the pavement. I don't usually advocate violence but a girl can only take so much.
Then enjoy your new status as sexy "single" woman on the prowl for a new one.****that is.
 SamuraiPixie
Msg: 110
Posted: 10/13/2008 6:28:10 PM
My advice to you, given what I do for living, is much along the same lines as the other wise people on here, dump the loser, this relationship is toxic on so many levels, it would take me an hour, to type it all out. The bottom line is that if he is this emotionally abusive, never mind the fact, that his suggestions for you to starve yourself, are completely above and beyond merely twisted, but show a complete and total disregard for your health, or well-being, physically or otherwise, if his needs or desires are in direct contradiction to your own, to include your medical well-being. This man is being abusive to you, these are your words, and clearly your feeling, do you honestly think he's going to stop with just this sort of abuse? Abuse typically, and statistically, increases the longer it's allowed to continue, do you really want to be on the receiving end of a beating when his emotional abuse is no longer enough for him to feel "superior" to you, and he needs a bigger fix?? People, men and women alike, who degrade their partners in this manner have serious, and severe issues, it is one thing to sit down with your partner and have a compassionate discussion about your concerns for their health if their health is being adversely affected by their weight, or diet, or what have you, it is quite another thing to bludgeon your partner with demands of "starve yourself", this shows neither concern or compassion, but more so, evidences a single-minded desire to diminish your overall well-being, physical, emotional and otherwise, and a more than likely the singular desire to degrade you. No one deserves to be able to do that to you, let alone a miscreant who cares only about himself and what he wants. His statement to you to, "starve yourself", is pretty indicative of some severe emotional immaturity issues. You can do far better, give yourself the chance to do better, and you will get better, but you're the only one that can want that for yourself.

Suz
 duqdukes99
Msg: 111
Posted: 10/14/2008 8:23:24 AM
There's almost no point to me even saying anything here because it's been said 1,000 times over already, but all I will say is get away from him before he breaks you down and you're a mess for the rest of your life. As for the weight, that's your call.

God Bless
 2emesoog
Msg: 112
Posted: 10/16/2008 11:13:58 AM
If you want to loose 150 #, dump him!
 Gaddflye
Msg: 113
Posted: 10/16/2008 1:19:16 PM
Do yourself a favor and lose some weight for your own good. Do not let your feelings about how he approached you about it affect you one way or the other.
 flowerforce
Msg: 114
Posted: 10/16/2008 1:48:36 PM
Lose weight because it is healthy to do so not because your boyfriend wants you to. I once dated a fellow who thought I was big. I wore a size eight at the time and am five feet one inch tall so I looked pretty good. I got tired of hearing this from him . So I made him a deal. He was five feet six inches tall. I told him that if he grew two inches I would lose ten pounds. He never spoke of it again. I also was once interviewed by a fellow who wanted to know what my weight was because he wanted to date only thin women. So I asked him about the size of his penis. I told him I only wanted to date men with big penises. he could not handle that. My point here is a persons dimensions are not a criteria for loving. I think your boyfriend is behaving like a jerk to you. His behaviour is not loving it is insensitive, disrespectful and uncaring and is bordering on abuse. There are a lot of wonderful loving men out there. Put him back in the pond and go fishing.
 FeatherHues
Msg: 115
Posted: 10/16/2008 2:09:49 PM
First- Break the relationship.
Second- Try to lose the weight carefullly and healthy minded...you'll feel better
Third- After the weight loss and the New You emerges.... pass him in a store ,
cordially shake your buttocks, (cute as it is) as you walk away from him..
letting him get a good look at the New You............
Fourth- Get around the next corner, out of sight...... and smile and grin real big.

Fifth- Feel Good ... the rest of the day, maybe into the next.

Good Luck Lady!
 KitKat1959
Msg: 116
Posted: 10/16/2008 5:28:40 PM
You will forever feel this pressure with him. I am a big girl as well. My ex accepted me as I was but then was more subtle than your other half that maybe I should lose a few pounds. I found that very hurtful. I did get into weight lifting and lost several pounds and became very fit at one point. He was never someone overweight by a lot but could have lost a few pounds himself for health reasons but I put so much pressure on myself that whenever I started to gain weight I felt awful. I tried and tried and couldn't keep it off and his constant eating of junk food in front of me didn't help. His reply was always....you're the one on the diet so why should I do without. I'm 49 years old now and married and divorced three times to men who were not very sensitive to my weight. Two of my ex's have since hit the middle age spread themselves and the latest now has a girlfriend 10 years younger than him and he's the one losing weight to keep up with her. Do you really want to put yourself through all that. Dump him and move on...you'll just be constantly putting that pressure on yourself. If you want to lose weight then do it for yourself and no one else. Do it for your health. I'm new to this site so I put on there "a few extra pounds" and I have promised myself to be honest with anyone who contacts me. I don't want to put myself into another relationship based on my size at the time because I know from my past I can put it on quickly and the older you get the harder it is to take it off and keep it off. You are a person, you are beautiful inside and out no matter what someone else says. He is abusing you...don't take it...get out now!!!
 Gaddflye
Msg: 117
Posted: 10/16/2008 6:33:56 PM
He may or may not have been "abusing" you. He may have been trying to do you a favor by shocking you into losing weight. One thing is for certain, you are abusing your body by being obese, so lose weight!
 ariatlady
Msg: 118
Posted: 10/16/2008 7:25:35 PM
I never had a weight problem UNTIL I hit mid forties and was put on medication for arthritis. I had two worn out arthritic hips that needed replaced. I toughed it out for 15 years-in pain, depressed, and overweight because I couldn't move or have an activity level like I previously had. People were rude to me and told me to my face that I was fat, ugly, and repulsive. I had people to tell me that I needed to quit eating. Obviously, not everyone has weight problems that are related to food. Mine was medication and side effects. People need to put their brains in gear before they put their mouths in motion.

One of these "charming" people who was continually disrepectful was a guy that I dated. Long story short, I had both hips replaced, regained my life and activity level, lost almost 90 pounds and have kept it off. All of the superficial people that had no time for me have started to come around. I have point blank told them that if they didn't have time for me before, then I certainly don't have time for them now and to go away henceforth and forever more.

Girl, you need to dump him. Tell him to "hit the trail". You are better off at home without the verbal abuse and the deplorable treatment that you are tolerating. Under no circumstances do you have to put up with that BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is someone out there who will appreciate you for you! Without all of the superficial guidelines that society has deemed as necessary criteria for dating or courtship.

No one deserves to be talked to or treated like an inferior life form because of extra weight. Period.
 honestspirit
Msg: 119
Posted: 10/20/2008 6:27:37 PM
debeers is a total cretin and a lurker who sounds like a loser. Keep posting things like you did here and you'll never find a single person that could tolerate you. As for your weight sweetheart, if you want to lose pounds do it for yourself, not for anyone else. But never tolerate abuse from someone else, whatever form or fashion they choose to dish it out. I did for far too long from someone and almost lost who I am inside. Know your self worth and always cherish that. Don't take his abuse and let him know you will not tolerate it. Once you get on with your life without that mental baggage of him trying to bring you down, your self-confidence will grow and so will you sense of self esteem.
 SuzukiSamurai
Msg: 120
Posted: 10/21/2008 11:24:45 AM
I agree with most everyone on this thread - DUMP HIM. As far as losing weight is concerned, you need to remember you didn't put the weight on overnight, and it's not coming off overnight either. I'd like to offer this advice from experience: when I started my soulmate journey, it began at my doctor's office. In December of 2007, when I had my physical, I weigt 330pounds. My doctor basically said, lose it or die. So, he gave me a prescription for Meridia(appetite suppressant-works VERY well) and he hooked my up with a dietician at the local hospital, who gave me a copy of the Canada Food Guide and told me, healthy weight loss for me would be eating 2000-2400 calories per day. She said, write down what you eat. Which I did and now, in October 2008 I weigh 274 pounds. I haven't been on the Meridia since July of this year because it is quite expensive. Even though I'm not taking it, I'm still losing weight; not as fast but it is a loss nevertheless. The trick is to STAY AWAY FROM DIETING/YO-YO FADS and diet books. Record everything you eat and when you see it written down, you know you have to eat more protein/less carbs, whatever. Check out www.fitday.com for a very helpful calorie counting/weight loss plan. I use it every day, it's free and it WORKS.

2milk servings/2meat servings/6-8grain servings/8-12fruit servings per day is a good place to start. Getting moderate exercise, still eating what you want, but controling the amount is key.(drink lots of water) The best thing for you to do is distance yourself from this jerk. If he really cared about you, he'd respect your feelings. To him, your nothing more than a bootycall, and you DESERVE BETTER.
 GuyN3xtDoor
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 10/15/2009 2:47:12 AM
Wow, it sounds like he says some pretty hurtful things. If it is abusive then you are best off leaving regardless of the time you have been together. You do not deserve abusive treatment under any circumstances, so you need to either leave or ask him to stop the abuse.

He would be much better off encouraging you and being concerned for your health and approaching it that way. I think some people think that if they make something painful enough for someone then they will change. But in this case he is just making you feel worse.

It is true that the majority of men are overly concerned with appearance. This is similar to how some women judge men on their financial position.

If you think he will stop the abuse, then I would sit down with him and have a heart to heart about how he is hurting you and tell him you have the same interest to be healthier, however you need his encouragement. And, if he is unable to stop being abusive, then you will need to leave the relationship.

That is my best advice. Also, you might read a book called Boundaries, by Townsend and Cloud.

Best wishes!
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 126
Posted: 10/15/2009 5:41:32 AM
I'd break up with him, and then use the time you used to spend with him making improvements to yourself. That makes your life much more productive.

Then if I felt like it once I lost the weight, and got myself on an healthy eating schedule with a good lifestyle change I'd probably consider allowing him to stand on his head and spit wooden nickels to try to get me back. And maybe I'd consider it, but probably not.
 cinsav
Msg: 129
Posted: 10/15/2009 4:03:10 PM
Why are you people answering a post from four YEARS ago?

Secondly, most guys / girls don't want a big 'en. If you can't control yourself when it comes to cake, muffins and pie... if you don't care enough about yourself to stop shoving Bic Macs down your gullet... well you get the idea.
 WomanInProgress
Msg: 130
Posted: 10/15/2009 9:07:01 PM

Why are you people answering a post from four YEARS ago?

My bad - I usually notice stuff like this. OP is probably really thin and married to a whole other guy by now.
 maybe1more
Msg: 131
Posted: 10/16/2009 7:08:58 AM
DUMP HIM!!!!! It will be hard because he is your first love, but you need to date other guys that don't treat you so disrespectfully. You will soon see that most guys don't say such hurtful things to their girlfriends. You deserve waaayyyy better!
 StevieCashmere
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 5:58:47 AM
Mentioned before ..i'm sure

Don't change yourself for anyone - they are never worth it if they demand it
But If there something you don't like and you can't change for yourself, then.........

~sc~
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2009 7:31:34 PM
Get rid of him, hes not intrested in you the person. Just like you said he isnt being sensative regarding your position. Remember someone can always loose weight but its much more difficult for ugly to become beautiful
 WalkingInLondon
Msg: 139
Posted: 10/18/2009 9:08:42 PM
Why in the world would you stay with this jerk? Kick him to the curb. If you want to lose weight, do it. But do it for you, not for this douchebag. He is controlling and asinine. I wouldn't be with someone who treated me this way. It would totally make me rebel and eat Hershey bars all day long!

Pack all the stuff he has at your place and drop it off at his front door. He's a loser.

Beth
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >