Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mortalez
Msg: 43
What is going slow in regards to a relationship?Page 2 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
It's funny that many here compare going at a natural(fast) pace to the behavier of chinps , well chinps are the 2nd smartest animals on the planet , they share 98% of our DNA(just 4 protein differences in their genetic code) , infact they are so smart they can be taught sign language and hold complex conversations with us. But thats where the comparison ends , they dont have complex mating rituals , they just seek out a girl chimp display their strengh and in most cases they mate for life . There is no divorse and alamony or child support, a girl chimp does not leave because she is bored, the male chimp does not beat his mate.
A male chimp acheives status not based on his familly tree but on his ability as a protector,
hmmmmm maybe chimps arent the second smartest creatures on the planet , maybe we are.
 Bandito
Msg: 52
What is going slow in regards to a relationship?
Posted: 1/27/2006 10:35:37 AM
Love your answer ~Red Fire~ Everyone should take note
 mortalez
Msg: 53
Posted: 2/4/2006 6:33:34 PM
Every life form on this planet , developes inate instincts for survival, without these instincts a species dies out(evidenced by the fact that only 1% of the species in our fossil record exist today), man being at the top of the food chain could not have gotten this far if not for said instinct(we were at the top of the food chain long before sociaty as we know it today formed), and it is interesting that women ask us to give up the very instincts that gave us a 3.5 million year run as head mammel in charge.
Nature gave us instincts for a reason, to go against those instincts is genetic suicide, our instincts tell us who to be attracted to(male=broad shoulders musculer frame shows strengh and ability to protect/female= curvy healthy body show most likely to produce and care for healthy children), they tell us how long to procide with said relationship and at what pace.
infact many of the things that kill relationships are traced to people going against their instincts.
example:
1.most divorce is over money issues(women spending more than their husband makes even though he makes enough to keep food on the table and a roof over head) note money does not appear in nature, natural instincts are based on survival, wanting more than that is simple greed (natural instinct makes us distrustful of greedy behavier)

and from a practical stand point I'd rather know someone is wrong for me in a week than in 4 months of wasting time barking up the wrong tree, I trust my instincts.
I'd rather find out sooner than later .
 bucsgirl
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/4/2006 6:37:08 PM
Any relationship should only proceed at whatever pace both people are comfortable with. It's also something they should be talking about or be ABLE to talk about. Fast, slow, reverse, neutral as long as they're both comfortable with it, what else matters?
 SthrnButtrfly
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2006 6:45:25 PM

I just started out in a relationship where we both agreed to go slow...
and take "baby steps" so to say.
But when the chemistry is overwhelming WHAM...you cannot get enough of each other...
so slow becomes a moot point.

shlow...smlow.........just follow your heart.
I agree 100% with carribean king....I can start of slow but if the chemistry is there...just can't get enuff him...
 carpemd
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 12/9/2006 9:18:58 AM
It means you are going to foot the bill for a lot of very nice dates while she keeps a weather eye out for someone who she really wants.

This will typically be a bad boy type who will guaranteed a self-destructive relationship and who the woman you've been wining and dining and being "respectful of" will sleep with on the first date.
 rufree2
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/10/2006 12:17:59 AM
LilKitten... I am adding that to my profile. Perfect!!
 kanyonatic
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2008 1:39:54 PM
it entails long long long conversations about how the other person has issues or wants to take ages to say they like you heaven forbid when they will say they actually love you lol some men and women have been so hurt they are unsure if they want to go deeper and so want to take it slow its hard being on the recieving end as you never quite know where you stand with them but if you care for them you will persevere with them and it may be worth it ..
 kezza79
Msg: 64
Posted: 3/5/2008 12:10:38 AM
it totally depends on the peps involved i mean i said it to my current boyfriend when we started to go out only because i just came out of a relationship after relationship one of thous a marriage and i didn't want to rush anything and get hurt again so in my book it meant just to get to no each other spend time together and just have a great time spending time together till i was comfortable with my feelings dose that make sense
 Redlance71
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2009 1:01:17 PM
Go slow...hmm I'm an expert on this one methinks. Go slow is the speed at which both parties are comfortable in thier closeness, needs, and intimacy. If one lags behind the other it is likely to end abruptly. Case closed. Next?
 mortalez
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/13/2009 4:38:10 PM

Going slow can be interpreted in different ways:
1. We need to take our time and get to know each other
2. I am confused don't know what the hell I want
3. Maybe we should just be friends
4. I am interested in someone else sorry better luck next time.

I always feel its number 4, I feel its best to go with the pace of your instincts and if the object of my affection is lagging behind she is most likely not into me.
 chuckyB51
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2009 3:52:37 PM
Going slow always means, "I'll keep you around until something better comes around."
 mnstrmum
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/23/2009 8:57:38 AM
Bingo!!! Chuckyb51...You are so right.... ...WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS???
 ForumsGee
Msg: 69
Posted: 4/26/2009 12:11:57 PM
It depends which end of the relationship you are in...in the beginning it means:

"Ive just met you, I dont know you, lets take our time to get to know each other"

At the end of the relationship it means " I don't quite know how to say Ba-bye, adios, arivadeci, astalavista" (sp) movin on ...........>>>>>>>>
 barbee1970
Msg: 71
Posted: 4/26/2009 3:48:38 PM
What I think is, take the time to get to know each other before you jump in the sack. I mean, what is the big hurry with these guys?

I'm not an old prude or anything. People who already know me, know I have a sense of humor. I just don't want to jump every Tom****and Harry who walks by.

Take the time to build a friendship, which is a foundation for a relationship.
 VivaciousVixen2010
Msg: 72
Posted: 5/3/2009 10:43:06 PM
the same rules apply to a man as a woman
if a man or woman has sex~ a relationship has to be determined as monogamous and a couple or just a f uk.

CUT AND CLEAR

no games

what is so difficult with that???? what are these coo coo bananas fu kin problems that they just can't be honest??????????

Either you are ~~~~~~~~~~~~~IN or OUT~~~~~~~~~~~
*******************************TADA************************ WEEHEE
Dumbazzzzzzzzzes
 c_deacon
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 5/6/2009 11:35:20 PM
In and out?????.......I like that, but it has little to do with relationships, and much more to do with fornicating....

OT.......So, a relationship must be monogamous or it is just intercourse? Where did you come up with this tidbit of knowledge????

Is this like saying that you can only love one person at a time, or ever? Do not situations dictate what may or may not be reality?

There is never anything that is clear cut.......and life has a way of making black and white.....much more gray......go figure

Just my opinion........
 browneyesboo
Msg: 74
Posted: 7/7/2011 10:44:49 AM
You know, I'm an old school gal here.
But I seriously don't get why sleeping with someone
"too soon" wrecks a relationship.

If you like someone enough to sleep with them, what happens
after that the relationship goes sour? Bad sex? If it's good sex,
why wouldn't you want to continue seeing that person? And if
the person was only looking for sex in the first place, isn't it
best to find that out sooner rather than later?
It's not possible to have sex with someone and then continue
to work on a relatiohship?

In my mind, if I decide to sleep with someone, I'm going to
want to see him again unless something happens during sex
that changes my mind.

I'm not 16 anymore. If I find someone I like (and who appears
to like me) I'm going forward full steam ahead and damn the
torpedoes. That's not to say I want to sleep with EVERYONE I
meet, but ya know what? If I want to, I'm going to.

If I have to go slow to convince someone I'm worthy of a relationship,
I'm not interested. And I'm also not interested in "going slow" with
someone else to talk myself into liking them.

But...to each their own. I try not to judge.
 loverofYahweh
Msg: 77
Going slow.
Posted: 10/30/2012 9:49:08 PM
"Going slow" depends on the person and the situation. It could be anything that you listed. For me, 'going slow' means to take your time getting to know the person. If there is ever any doubt of where the relationship is/isn't going- you should ask. In any kind of relationship honesty is the best policy.
 mrcs84
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Going slow.
Posted: 10/31/2012 12:42:07 AM
Going slow = I want to call all the shots in regard to how things progress in this relationship, and I want you to acquiesce.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >