Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Ontario Disability support program      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 highdefinitition
Msg: 30
Ontario Disability support programPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
ODSP does not operate that way, what they do is if your spouse that is you if your working anything you make over $360.00/mth is deducted off his ODSP cheque that is if you both live together........ but if your seperated he has no right to your money, he is just trying to con you call ODSP and tell them what he is saying or better yet tell your ex that you are going to call them and find out why you have to pay him.....i think he will back off he doesn't ODSP will do something
 BlueIrisheyes2
Msg: 31
Ontario Disability support program
Posted: 6/29/2011 9:03:51 PM
Hi
I Am asocial service worker but NOT with ODSP. When someone is appling for getting benifets with ODSP or OW they have a legal obligation to apply and persue any money that they may be entitled to.such as child/spousal support.He would have been obligated to apply for CCP disabilty. It doesn't matter if he gets cppd, he just has to apply. Most people who apply for CPPD are turned down.what they really are after is spousal support . But try not to worry and I think he is probably telling the truth, But if they know the situation (abuse) they usually don't go after it...hope this helps.
 ladysweet52
Msg: 32
Posted: 7/5/2011 3:16:19 PM
I agree with highdefinition completely and I think you should follow their advice, I think you should also have a talk with the police in your area about it, too! If you do give him part of your earnings, it could bring his total assets above the $5000.00 mark and if O.D.S.P. finds out, they will cut him off his pension, his total assets must remain below the $5000.00 mark, in order for him to collect his pension! I'm not joking, it happens to be the truth, so do as highdefiniton says and notify O.D.S.P. about what he is up to, okay? And don't forget the police because I am pretty sure what your ex is doing is illegal, anyway! Besides, I think you've got the upper hand in this and not your ex, good luck in whatever you do about it!
 want to travel
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2011 9:04:55 AM
OP< You both sound like you are scamer 's...
uttering a threat, give me a break,
having him arrested, once again give me a break
I have a friend who works at a woman's shelter, and she has told me about women like you...
my brother in law is a Cop, he has told me all about people like you
my sons mother is a police detective, and he has told me about people like you!
 ladysweet52
Msg: 34
Posted: 7/12/2011 1:58:27 PM
I totally disagree with this want to travel guy, he obviously doesn`t know what he is talking about, which isn`t new! I strongly suggest that this want to travel guy should contact O.D.S.P., before spouting off what he says and he will find out differently but I doubt if he will, he hasn`t got the guts to! He doesn`t sound very mature, anyway!
 Fun Guy 48
Msg: 35
Posted: 7/15/2011 4:50:02 AM
Dear, you have a defacto nothing. And probaly no separation agreement either. He can file for custody which takes 30 days max and walk off with your kid. How are you going to file the child as a dependant on your taxes? Or even get baby bonus? you can't. Is the child attending school so that you can prove you have it?. You can get extra monetary help from sociall assistance that way even if you haven't got full custody yet. Be careful too about criminal matters that can come up.Family courts and criminal courts are two very different animals that don't mix. Under the Ontario Childrens law reform act, if he should ever allege that you made any kind of threat to him, then under zero tolerance, the cops lay a charge and the courts work this out. it typically takes over a year to resolve a criminal matter, or even minimum 3 months to have it throw out at pre-trial for lack of evidence. The issue is that while this is ongoing and unresolved you CANNOT EVEN RESPOND TO A CUSTODY HEARING AT ALL until it's fully resolved.So if he pulls a fast one like that and files for custody the day after the charge-he wins sole custody automatically 30 days later. There's nothing you could do. I lost two sons this way ,I know, and I had the charge dropped for lack of evidence but not before she got them. File now and don't give him heads up. Also tell welfare and/or ODSP your dilema. You can't even get support or taxes or nothing. Incidentally if an ODSP recipient is in jail more than 90 days they are cut off and have to reapply. Phil Francois/ Fun guy 48.
 L,A, Woman
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/13/2013 7:54:16 PM
ODSP just wants to make sure he has exhausted all his ways to obtain money from other sources. I dont' think they could make you pay support. But, if you knew he was disabled from the beginning, maybe. IF you knew his condition and accepted it as part of your life then they might have a case. You cannot talk about his case to a worker anyway as they are bound by confidentiality. You can talk about you but not about him. By law, he is the only one able to talk about anything to do with him.
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Ontario Disability support program