Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 48
so, why are you still single?Page 2 of 75    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
What I love are the people who ask "Are you still single?" and when I said yes, would then say "Why? What's wrong with you?"

sigh
 buck711
Msg: 51
so, why are you still single?
Posted: 4/27/2006 9:15:23 PM
Why ......

(A) Because I live under the only tree on the only hill in a 300 mile radius...
(B) Due to the fact the the number of men here out number the women 6 to 1 and that woman is married...
(C) I would say I lived in a one horse town but then I'd have to buy a horse....
(D) All the women I find interesting live so far away....

And the correct answer is.......

Buck
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 52
Posted: 4/27/2006 9:41:20 PM
Sometimes LUCKY.. sometimes not... Right now I feel extremely lucky to be single. I keep getting around people in relationships who are not happy. Men and women are always telling me how they are unhappy and wish they could have my life. Well, they could but it's too much trouble for them to actually have to get out and fend for themselves. It is more comfortable to stay in a bad relationship than break away. I have the best of both worlds right now, I have men I date or spend time with.. but I can always go home...
 marshw
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/27/2006 9:57:15 PM
Hey, you have to admit, most folks have been married at least once by the time they're 35. If they haven't been, I want to know why not. Not that it matters all that much. I still want to know.
It's usually fear of commitment. Or so it seems.

Epic....
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2006 10:02:05 PM
Its the same old problem, when you're with someone you wish you had more freedom but when ur single u wish u had someone to share ur life with .Its a tough balancing act but until ur ready to make a compromise with someone u truly care for, finding "the one" is gunna b tough
 chameleontat
Msg: 57
Posted: 6/5/2006 6:37:21 PM
I always say because I believe marriage is a lifetime commitment and the longer I wait the shorter I'll have to live with my decision
 Ldygmr
Msg: 58
Posted: 6/5/2006 7:46:06 PM
My answer to that question usually makes the asker change their mind about ever talking to me again.
*giggles*
Stupid questions irritate me.
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 59
Posted: 6/5/2006 10:35:48 PM
I am still single by choice, have been for more than 10 years. Now I am choosing to put
myself back into the dating arena but, unfortunately am not having much luck. I have not
met anyone I have connected with, not romantically anyway. I find that on this site men
my age don't seem all that interested. Like I said on another post, most of my e-mails are
from much younger males or from men seeking intimate encounters. Not my style. Maybe
if I click my heels together 3 times, I'll end up in someones Kansas.
 isla~maiden
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 6/6/2006 8:46:21 PM
Single is not all that bad. Settling for anyone is not the way to go. At 55 ,married 3 times and with 2 kids I have come to realize that being single, free and independent is not a bad way to be. And yes, I have been asked why. And been called GDI and GU. But..... I am happy and single and still enjoy a great date. Enjoy life by any means and know that single is good when you look at it that way. I know many miserable marrieds! hugs!
 sparticuss
Msg: 61
Posted: 6/6/2006 11:26:14 PM
The reason that I am still singe can be found in the "abusive women" post.
for the last few decades the whole disgusting culture of husband bashing has ben well hidden under the skirts of the feminist movement and many many wives genuinely believe that this kind fo abuse is a normal way to treat a husband.

Note that this paticular post on abusive women is the first to actualy feature posts by women who do agree that this behaviour is unacceptable.

If the choice is happily single or unhappily marrie well. go figure.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 62
Posted: 6/7/2006 3:09:57 AM
WHY do people ask us why we are single or not married... I mean what do they want us to say "oh I'm so pathetic nobody wants me"..... "I never get asked out"..... The last person stole all my money"....."gee I don't know..do you know?"...If there was a perfectly good explanation then the ones who want to be married would be!!! People who ask this question of single people don't realize just how rude it is. Plus they want us single people to envy them because they are married and wants everyone to think they have the PERFECT Life and marriage which is usually FAR from the truth. People have finally stopped asking me, I tell them I have 3 engagement rings on my dresser but I'll be dang if any of them fit in my NOSE!!
 neuromantic
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2006 10:38:32 AM
I WAS engaged to be married but that was 11 years ago...

NOW it's same old same old, I'm hardly perect and I'm incredibly shy (despite doing a community radio show, go figure). I think I lead a fairly alternative lifestlye (JUST fairly), In the past I've been mistaken for gay (which has gotten me into a LOT of trouble over the years), and having a lot of gay friends (and hanging out in gay clubs) certainly hasn't helped. (and BEFORE you ask, I've had enough gay men hit on me over the years to know where I stand on the possibility of actually being gay)

Toe knee :}
 who_the_fox
Msg: 69
Posted: 6/8/2006 9:45:16 PM
because I am old and everyone knows that a woman over 35 is worthless
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 74
Posted: 8/7/2006 6:51:04 PM
Hey dark f5... you obviously haven't looked in the right places!!!

I'm seeing someone now, so I guess I'm not too single and he has tattoos... ears pierced.. drinks... likes metal and LEATHER... Mmmmm..... leather.... lol
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 76
Posted: 8/7/2006 8:55:43 PM
IF you scare them pagangoddess then we all know they would be too whimpy for you anyways!!! Who wants a man who can't handle such a woman as yourself?

kcsapper, now come on... you look like a big strong handsome guy to me.... try again.... no sympathy from this peanut gallery.
 djfourmoney
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Posted: 8/8/2006 2:21:18 AM
Why am I still single?

Cause I won't settle?

Seems a good reason for me. Sure I could have settled for my ex 5 years ago and hated her guts by now, which I why I broke it off after 2.5 years. Nevermind I should have left her for at least 2 other women (never cheated!) but didn't.

Been basically single since 2000, dated on and off, spent most of my time single however.

I'm the process of solving my "issue" and this site hasn't helped me one bit, but this was a fluke thing anyway and I have used other sites with more sucess.

First post, most likely the last one as well.
 sparticuss
Msg: 79
Posted: 8/8/2006 7:23:48 AM
I hear a great deal of this sort of thing from my father's or even my grandfathers generation.
The reason I'm single is that I grew up and lived through three generations of manhaters hiding thier man hating under the skirts of the feminist movement. The single life was a far better option
 SexySoulEyes
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2006 6:02:38 PM
Honestly, I think it's about timing and being ready. I have met the right people at the wrong time and the wrong people at the right time and now am just waiting to meet the right person at the right time.

Of all the men and women that I know who waited a little longer to get married (and have been happily married for eons) - they all have said the same thing - when it's right, it's right and you just 'know" and that it won't happen until you are truly ready for it.

Since I haven't yet had that instinct that it's right, I am trusting that it will happen when it does and in the meantime I am making sure that I do my personal work so that I can be 'ready' when it happens.

As for answering the friends and family - I just tell them that I am in love with an alien from another planet who promised to come back for me in the year 2050. That usually shuts them up pretty quick!
 Bobby4771
Msg: 87
Posted: 8/20/2006 12:46:51 PM
Because I have put a lot of my energy into other projects such as my hobbies and also my work instead of getting out there and doing something about it.

Also being 6ft6 I am very conscious of my height and find that I dry up in conversation these days yet once I get to know someone I can hold a conversation all night
 wanderingbeauty
Msg: 89
Posted: 8/20/2006 8:57:26 PM
Travel Travel Travel
For the last 6 years I have pretty much traveled around the country and the world. I am often not in a place long enough to find a meaningful relationship, or anyone to convince me to stay. Also, though men seem to be fascinated with my life and ease of picking up and going, owning no possessions, etc etc. No one ever wants to join me. At this point, I feel I am sacrificing love, but if I stay do I sacrifice life that I love?
 lovinsomething
Msg: 90
Posted: 8/21/2006 3:23:01 PM
Nope, I get asked this all the time.. My answer is always the same everytime. I used to be way to busy, travelling, and too dam spontaneous and this turned a few guys off. But now I'm a little older and looking again. I'm more settled down LOL
 who_the_fox
Msg: 91
Posted: 8/21/2006 3:59:32 PM
I don't ever meet men I would be interested in dating
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >