Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yorku
Msg: 176
so, why are you still single?Page 4 of 75    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41)
I hate this question, "Why are you still single?" Well life has just worked out that way for me is my usual answer
 ImDene
Msg: 178
view profile
History
so, why are you still single?
Posted: 1/25/2007 5:10:31 AM
Because it is hard to find the right type of guy. I think they all moved out of Washington.
 Be gone
Msg: 179
Posted: 1/25/2007 5:19:45 AM
Because I have found it is not as bad as I thought it would be. After a 20 year relationship it took awhile to get used to the single life / freedom... but now I kind of like it.

Not saying I wouldn't like to find someone. Just haven't found anyone interesting enough to give up the new found freedom!
 Thanos666
Msg: 180
Posted: 1/25/2007 9:58:49 AM
The reason most of us are 'still' single is multi-fold. We have jobs, which limits our social reach. A lot of us have kids, which limits even more, lol!!! We are a bit more experienced, which makes us more selective. And we are ( a lot of us ) getting or have gotten out of a long-term relationship, which puts another relationship a lot lower on the list of priorities!!!!! Lastly, a good number of us are really enjoying our new-found freedom!!! Those who question our singlehood are used to our being with a significant other, so it seems out of the ordinary to them. Later!!!!
 ab initio
Msg: 188
Posted: 1/31/2007 3:40:13 PM
Some quick answers to this question off the top of my head:

1) I'm a sleepwalking cannibal and ate my bf/gf

2) Roofies wear off in 8 hours

3) Why are you still married?

4) She installed window shutters, then it was over

5) Don't worry, I prepay my alimony

6) So I can sleep with youir wife/husband and not feel guilty that I'm cheating

7) I'm relying on human cloning and am in the process of drafting the perfect mate

and for the ever popular "so I'm never gonna have grandchildren" quip, just tell them "well, biologically you do, but that was a long time ago..." and just stare off wistfully into space..
 tigah_72
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2007 6:08:51 AM
I'm single by choice. I don't have to argue or have dramas in my life. Right now, I'm pretty content with myself. I don't have to have someone else to complete my life. If someone comes along, when I'm not looking, fine, but I'm prepared to be alone. There is nothing wrong with me, I am very independent. :)
 JustCallMeMike
Msg: 203
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2007 7:44:11 PM
I have found out that I may still be single because I am too intense and that I may be scaring off people...To me that is a good thing. It keeps away those who do not fit into my category of datable. It shows lack of trust, fear of the unknown, and insecurity in who they are. And this is just my opinion. But, I can only be who I am, just like everyone is suppose to be. The only ones who rate my change are those who actually invest in me.
 BillisWild
Msg: 207
Posted: 2/9/2007 4:07:21 PM
Like most of you here I'm selective, independent and OK if I end up single the rest of my life.

I'm not looking for an opposite and it's hard to find a active athletic woman at my age (41). Out of those that are, we would have to click too so I may end up single for the rest of my life and I will enjoy the hell out if it anyway.

The only question for me is how many active athletic women are there at my age (41)?
 sassieredhead
Msg: 220
Posted: 2/18/2007 7:53:31 AM
I have had this question asked tons of times....most men I run into think I have guys standing in line at the door....NOT! Finding someone when you are older is more difficult because you are not in the Social scene as much...unless you frequent bars. I live in a small town where there really is no place to go (unless your in college and enjoy rap crap!) I am a waitress and get hit on but I joke it off simply because this is my work place and I am not there to find dates.
Another obstacle with age is finding someone that has been down the same road....when I was young any road was one I hadnt yet taken...but now, I no longer want the same things...Example: I have 3 children....I do not want any more. I am financially stable and expect the "man" in my life to be the same.
Spending the vast majority of my life "singe" was not what I wanted or planned when I was younger....but the years went by and thats where I am. Result: Internet dating...we will see what happens next!
If all else fails in the next 15 years....I can always go to the Senior Center....they always have stuff going on..
 Soul Seductive
Msg: 223
Posted: 2/19/2007 12:25:51 PM
The reason I am single...is cause I am divorced "AMEN AMEN AMEN"...she was crazy, controlling, a cheat and "FOUL" in every way...thank goodness we didnt have any kids...that would have been a real mess.....she would probably have them confused about who their daddy was...if we did have kids...thank God we didnt....
 workerbee68
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2007 1:18:41 AM
Just have not found the next ex-wife yet.
 CountStrahd
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2007 11:39:04 PM
I don't know why, it has been so long since I have actually had someone that I could call "girlfriend" and since then it has been a lot of meetings and flings, but nothing ever serious, just don't know why I can't find someone to get serious with, but not like right away...lol
 tig53
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2007 1:04:54 AM
Because I've taken care of people all my life. Now it's Terry-time. Honestly, just haven't found the one that makes me want to do the work .
 whothehellknows
Msg: 239
I am single
Posted: 3/4/2007 6:58:23 AM
You can always try these answers...

Why are you still single?

* Gay marriage is illegal.
* My warden was an a-hole and would not give his consent. After waiting for me for 8 years, she eventually found another.
* Single? You think I'm single? Oh I'm sorry, did I forget to mention my wife again?
* I have yet to find the special partner that my pastor is willing to give his approval.
* I support polygamy and legally I can't get married to more than one, so I choose to not marry any, just to be fair to the others.
* Well it all started when I was a small child. One day at band camp... and just ramble on for about 20 minutes and ask "What did you ask again?"
* One of my personalities is married.
* Because I have issues.
* After four wives, I gave up.
 ponygrlâ„¢
Msg: 240
I am single
Posted: 3/4/2007 10:17:47 AM
hmmm, why am i still single...i'm single because of a few reasons, take your pick...

1 - i live up in the sticks in ringtown, pa...the nearest big towns are about 20 miles away. i live too far from anyone not willing to travel and i'm limited right now.

2 - i'm not legally divorced yet...haven't been with my ex hubby since 3/03. but i did have a boyfriend from 9/03 until 6/05, we're still very good friends (not fwb).

3 - some people say that i'm too honest and too outspoken. i won't take no bs off of no one and like to get to know everyone (friends).

4 - i gained a few pounds since 11/06. only 15lbs so that's not that bad but i am planning on loosing it once the weather breaks with more walking again, i'm just limited to things with my arm....oh, and my tailbone as well, i need a pillow or towel for comfort...that was fractured twice...playing on a quad and getting thrown and slipping and falling on my butt from ice.

5 - i was involved in a car accident (victim) and just because i'm living a life of hell right now with suffering the financial and physical burden as a result of the accident guys look at me as either i'm out for the money (which i could care less about) or i'm not able to do everything that i like to do (limitations with left arm r.o.m)

so, think of what you want about me....i do have a heart of gold, i'm far from being a gold digger, i may have my limits with the use of my left arm, and i may have gained a few pounds but that doesn't make me such a bad person. just because i'd rather friends first, that's the way i've always been. a successful relationship is like a successful business...you have to start from the bottom and work your way up.

that's why i'm still single...........now, why are you still single?
 MsCharlotte2U
Msg: 242
Posted: 3/4/2007 7:47:03 PM
I was married once, got married at 20 and was divorced by 21.. I just turned 36, the kid is now 18 and I wonder now what. I've dated, but haven't been in a serious relationship since the marriage. I guess I was a little jaded for a while and when I finally realized that he didn't mater anymore..lol I got too comfortable with my independent not answering to anyone but myself lifestyle, (not that there is much of one) Anyway, I guess my thing is, there doesn't have to be a marriage at any age.. For me, what would be more important is just to have someone to share you day with, companionship and that occassional shoulder to lean on and a piece of paper is not required for that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you enjoy life, no need to worry over that..
 Neysha61
Msg: 244
view profile
History
Posted: 3/5/2007 8:13:42 AM
Turns out, I like it this way!
 ladysunicorn_42
Msg: 245
Posted: 3/6/2007 10:21:47 AM
well ive been seperated for 8 years and for me i dont think anyone would be interested in a 44 years old women with 2 kids i dont find myself looking good im even ashamed and thats why i dont go out much
 that sam i am
Msg: 249
Posted: 3/22/2007 4:04:38 PM
when i'm asked if i have a girlfriend, i usually answer, "yes, but my wife doesn't know about her."
that usually shuts them up really quick, or steers the topic away from that subject.
win-win situation.

I'm single cuz I like being single.
 Scintillating_Angel
Msg: 259
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2007 11:18:03 AM
Regarding Ladysunicorn, msg 400: Okay, girlfriend, I read your profile. Your photos are pleasant. Why are you ashamed of how you look? You need to get some self-esteem going on. Also, the "separated" part is a turn off. Unless you have a terrific reason for remaining legally tied to someone who is out of your life, I would do something about that too.

Good luck to you
 Karl the Hermit
Msg: 262
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2007 12:13:37 AM
So many answers to this one...

1) The Arrogant Answer - I've never found a woman who deserved me!

2) The Spiritual Answer - God apparently has other plans for me, and who am I to argue with the Divine Creators' plans?

3) The Low Self-Esteem Answer - I'm fat, ugly, and unambitious. Who'd want me?

4) The No-Luck Answer - Some day my ship will come in, but with my luck, I'll be at the airport.

5) The Descartean Answer - I think, therefore, I am. Other than that, the rest of this world seems to be an elaborate illusion...

6) The Casanova Answer - What?! Sex with the same woman for the rest of my life? Yikes!!!

7) The Soulmate Answer - There's only ONE woman for me! And judging by some of the messages I've received on other personals sites, I swear she lives in the Ukraine.

8) The Real Answer - I've never fallen in love with anyone who's fallen in love with me.

Sure, I would love to say I am single by choice, but I'm not. And as I get older (I'm 38) I date less, as well. There are several women I've met over the last year or so that would go out with me, but I know in my heart that my interest in them could lead to no more than friends with benefits, and I don't want that. So we flirt a bit and I leave it at that. Anything more would be disingenuous on my part. I've also met a woman that I really care about, but she's dating someone else and doesn't seem interested in going beyond friendship.

In the words of Kurt Vonnegut... "And so it goes."
 pcmerc
Msg: 263
Posted: 4/5/2007 12:42:37 PM
Perhaps by choice. Finding a diamond in the rough can tend to be a daunting task. There's alot of cubic-zirconia mixed in with the rough.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >