Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Summer Teeth
Msg: 26
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?Page 2 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
I'd be surprised if I ever left Oklahoma. I love it just as much as I love my family and friends.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 27
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:14:36 AM
well, I would consider Europe, but only if she had a nice trout stream and miles of prime waterfowl land
 travisty
Msg: 28
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:16:47 AM
Move to fortress America? Not in a million years
Canadian women are quite hot enough thanks.
 rainy_day1975
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:17:02 AM
FerrariDriver...

That's a pretty general statement about a rather large country overall. For example, the dollar I earn in Alberta is going to go further than a dollar I earn in Vancouver. My taxes may be higher in the maritimes, but housing is going to cost less and I have the opportunity (in my career) to earn a higher salary. Yet if I tried to move to Toronto, I couldn't afford to maintain my current standard of living.

Much like the US, the cost of living fluctuates across this country. But nice generalization on the horrible living conditions up here.
 Tinkle
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:19:14 AM
i want to live in canada even without a partner. I can't take my job with me tho
 petetoky
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:28:32 AM
When I was young-I always associated "Suitcase" with "Canada" and visa-versa. Was I seeing into my future? Or was I just a child of the 60's-when a lot of men were, avoiding the draft and left for Canada?

I wouldn't move........because, Canada is becoming more, Anti God. So, too is America. So, i'll just stay put. But, maybe one day I will move to Israel. I can actually see that as a possibilty.
 Cante_Skuya
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:49:13 AM
I actually did move to the U.S. for two years and I was there on 9/11. Like Blast when I got home to Canada I practically fell down and kissed the ground it was so good to be back. Not to knock the U.S. but I found that the blind patrotism was just too much. I was always put down because I was a Canadian.

I don't know if I'd move back. I figure anything is possible, but after my first experience I'd think long and hard. I think it would be better if any American who wanted to be with me moved up here.
 Blastkist
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:00:12 AM
35 K in real estate??? In Canada? Is he an agent? It's harder to sell houses in Canada, we're more picky. We also don't have all kinds of loopholes around mortgaging...you work, you make enough money, you have credit ,you buy a house. We don't have all the credit "outs" that the States have and we don't have loopholes that allow people to buy homes and forfeit on them a year later. I saw a lot of that kind of thing in the US...maybe that's why agents or anyone in that field make more. Kinda makes you have to work for your money here.

I did notice though that Canadians work twice as hard as Americans do for the most part. I'm prepared to stand by that idea...the comparison was phenomenal!
 cara2005
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:03:19 AM
I wouldn't date someone from another country. Just simple as that.
 travisty
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:35:36 AM

Canada is becoming more, Anti God

Hilarious..if you mean we don't appreciate religious zealots or evangelists that promote assasination or getting old people to give up their life savings so they can drive in limos.
Well, I'm glad we're doing a good job then. Too bad we couldn't get all the religious fanatics from sending money up here to subvert our political process.
By the way, you can keep mulroney, take harper too, please!

I guess it wouldn't be fun living here when you can't oppress a people like the palestinians, eh? I'm all for building a wall along the border. The bigger, the better.
There are lots of great americans but your policies suck a*s.
 ImYourAngel23
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:43:07 AM
I wouldnt move to Canada. I been there a few times and the falls are really great to see but for moving and living there......no way would i live there. I hate the cold and im from NYState...now if i had what i got now and could still have what i got and move down south like Florida i go for it....no questions ask.
 themaven
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/22/2005 11:57:34 AM
Well I have to agree with one person's post that said moving anywhere simply because of another person is high pressure and I wouldn't even consider it. I wouldnt want someone moving here for the sole purpose of being with me and vice versa. Imagine if things didn't work out a few years down the road and the only reason that person is in your environment is because of you? How would everyone feel about that? Stuff to consider for sure. If on the other hand they had other reasons for wanting to relocate including me...then bring it on.

Would I go anywhere? Nope. I wouldn't relocate within Canada (I feel I live in the best city in the Country.....hehehehe) and there is even less of a chance I would go to the States. Not for love or money.

As for the people who have been to Canada once and don't like the weather......c'mon give me a break....that would be like me saying I have been to the states once and don't like the weather. Cripes...big countries...many different types of weather, even if we are typically cooler, where I live we get less rain or snow than most of the Northern States....including our neighbouring WA state. Seattle gets oh about 60% more rainfall than where I live, and tons more snow.
 shelleybear
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:06:12 PM
Let me know what happens to you $80,000.00 when you get sick?
 bsymomoffour
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:13:14 PM
my husbands from virginia and well i can be the great story teller on LDR ,they dnt work havent seen him in 15 mnths and prob never will .so if anyone ever considers moving to another country or state id think twice.its not tht easy to get to live in canada or states...to much legal stuff.
 WorkingGirl
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:32:52 PM
There's very good reason why Canada is consistently listed by UN and WHO as being one of the best countries in the world to live in
 Scottsmom
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:36:53 PM
I hear Canada is cold and rainy and it CUTS right through you,,,but if Singledadinfla can help break the barrier of the cold for me,,,I may be able to survive there with my bear skin coat and husky. Do you have an extra bedroom?
 -Horrible/Brazen-
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:40:39 PM
He would have to be one hell of a man for me to move to the States, because I honestly couldn't see myself living there.
 Unfriendly_Good_Guy
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:48:22 PM
Nope, I love Texas. I like it hot.
 ou812ic
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/22/2005 12:58:00 PM
YEs, If I knew I had a job to goto first
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:17:46 PM
Wouldnt move to the USA. If you are educated its easy to go down and get a job. Not wanting to be part of the brain drain. Have had too many friends go down and have to move back after a few years. Just the nonstop patriotic rhetoric, viloent crime, gun mania and lack of healthcare, presidents are diefied instead of treated like a public sevant. No longer even worth going there for the cheap gas...it isnt cheap anymore. Although with the US$ plummeting over the last few years it is a cheap place to shop. Nice place to visit but I wouldnt live there.

Please dont think I am knocking americans. I have many american friends.

sagittariuslibrarising Thanks for complementing the city I live in. Its the best place in Canada and our harsh winter is over now...we had frost all last week but its back to being warm. might get another frosty day in Jan but the grass is still green and the trees are still green...the whole country isnt like Saskatchewan.
 Lachrymal
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:51:04 PM
My dad left our family for another woman in Canada after meeting her ONLINE. He moved up ther for a few months before she decided she'd move to Oklahoma with him. Life aint always grand.

But damn Canada is expensive! Seven bucks for a pack of cigs!
 megd
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:53:54 PM
umm I dont know...I hear that they shoot Republicans in Canada for leisure!...
 Talitha001
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:59:22 PM
I wouldn`t leave Canada..Our health insurance, dental, eye glasses are all paid for(my employer pays) and if I had kids at home, definately not, as I wouldn`t want them to get drafted!!!! The military is not compulsary in Canada... You enlist because you want to....I love this country and wouldn`t move for any reason...
 yrsfrlve
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:08:46 PM
megd, please be assured we don't shoot Republicans here; we don't have any. I'm quite sure you wouldn't recognise politics up here. Our conservatives make your Democrats look like raving rightwing fundamentalist fanatics....

But, as to moving stateside:

Even though there is no problem with the language,like other countries.

I really must paraphrase an authority here, a minor British politician, one Winston S Churchill:
"The trouble with Canadian-American relations is we are separated by the barrier of a common language...". On the whole, if I had to move to learn another language, I think I'd pick something easy like say, Cantonese or Russian....
 megd
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:15:50 PM
yrsfrlve...
I understand you have no republicans...they have all moved to the states by now..
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?