Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 megd
Msg: 26
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?Page 2 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
umm I dont know...I hear that they shoot Republicans in Canada for leisure!...
 Talitha001
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:59:22 PM
I wouldn`t leave Canada..Our health insurance, dental, eye glasses are all paid for(my employer pays) and if I had kids at home, definately not, as I wouldn`t want them to get drafted!!!! The military is not compulsary in Canada... You enlist because you want to....I love this country and wouldn`t move for any reason...
 megd
Msg: 28
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:15:50 PM
yrsfrlve...
I understand you have no republicans...they have all moved to the states by now..
 HB2
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:37:03 PM
Yes although the winters scare the piss out of me
 seliel
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:42:41 PM
hey im from alaska. thats pretty much canadian so i would not hesitate!
 Racer71
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:39:42 PM

To move or not to move?? I would move to the U.S. only under two conditions: One being work and two being the weather. As far as health care, I am still entilled to it as i would not being giving up my Canadian citizenship!

Most reasonably qualified positions offer health care anyways...
 Racer71
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:43:35 PM

in a heartbeat....anyone from florida need a roomate...?

got 3 unused bedrooms in my house.. However, I'm mostly looking to fill the vacancy in the master bedroom and not just a roomate
 Racer71
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:45:19 PM

actually, I was wrong Meg; we have republicans: French republicans...
What we don't have is talk-directly-to-Gawd, kill 'em all let god sort 'em out, hide under the chair until Osama has left the room, pound the p*ss out of Grenada and Iraq, tax the poor and spend until their eyes bleed, faq the deficit, steal the election, faq the environment, obfuscate and contravene the constitution, stack the supreme court, trample human rights, torture, render and disappear innocent civilians of middle eastern origins, bomb children of foreign leaders, instigate coups in democratic third world countries, fund terror campaigns in central america, pervert and misrepresent intelligence documents, coerce eastern euroean nations, invade panama, threaten iran and north korea, fail to plan New Orleans evacuation kind of Republicans... yeah, you're mostly right. We don't have too many republicans here...

Let's make a deal.. We are gonna send all Liberals to Canada and you Canadians send all your Republicans down here!!
 HB2
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:48:51 PM
yep I really am looking for a roomie buggs!
mail me lol
just a roomie ya pervs!

If love is in Canada I'll go, if not I may go anyway
 the supernatural
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 7:54:49 PM
Hmmm... Been to every major city in Canada and BC (in fact most of the world, and every US state). Sure, I'd move to Canada just like I would move across the US to Manhattan or overseas to Hong Kong. It is easy to overlook politics when you are in a beautiful, fun place with someone you love. There's the rub.

Canadians, if you would avoid Wash DC, Detroit, Atlanta, Dallas and Los Angeles, you would find the US to be quite friendly and generally safe (at least as safe as Montreal).

Our countries need to make up.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:10:41 PM

The military is not compulsary in Canada...

Psssst....it's not here in the US either. The only draft is the whoosh of hot air coming down from the podium when the president speaks.
 twang67
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:26:45 PM
Move from British Columbia............Not in this Century never this is home and my paradise I once moved to Ontario for a woman I was seeing I was home sick for the mountains, crystal clear waters, and scenery in general. Ive been to the states for a visit and I liked most of the people I met but even southern cal with its sunny weather could not convince me.
Sorry I may be biased but Vancouver is not voted one of the nicest citys in the world for nothing.
 ashley1861
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 8:28:21 PM
I could learn to speak the language...
 shelleybear
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:10:59 PM
I could NOT have said it better myself!

... faq the environment, obfuscate and contravene the constitution, stack the supreme court, trample human rights, torture, render and disappear innocent civilians of middle eastern origins, bomb children of foreign leaders, instigate coups in democratic third world countries, fund terror campaigns in central america, pervert and misrepresent intelligence documents, coerce eastern euroean nations, invade panama, threaten iran and north korea, fail to plan New Orleans evacuation kind of Republicans... yeah, you're mostly right. We don't have too many republicans here...
 shelleybear
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:13:15 PM
Just don't get sick.

Canadians, if you would avoid Wash DC, Detroit, Atlanta, Dallas and Los Angeles, you would find the US to be quite friendly and generally safe (at least as safe as Montreal).
 Single Dad In Florida
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/23/2005 2:55:39 AM
Thanks everyone,great to read honest posts,about your feelings.
Lady Bugg,In a Hearbeat
 THEARTIST-L
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/23/2005 2:58:41 AM
GREAT QUESTION! I am involved with a girl from Canada right now and I am from the U.S. so I have been going through this as we speak. Honestly, if she wanted me to move to Canada... I would do it in a heartbeat. But then again, I would follow her anywhere.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/23/2005 3:33:27 AM
Blastkiss, I would like to know where in America you resided. You said some pretty deragotory things that I feel are much unfounded.
 kcub63
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/23/2005 3:41:52 AM
If I felt I could trust the guy, yes.
 Jazzie1753
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:56:36 AM
Most definately....I WON'T let geography determine my happiness....But was wishing right at the moment I lived more south than north....sigh....
 mbadpuppy
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/23/2005 11:25:24 AM
Yes. The weather here was almost perfect today, and the people as usual mean as hell.
 picker_grinner
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/23/2005 12:10:38 PM
I had a lengthy post all typed up and then realized 2 pages into this thread that it had become more like political rhetoric and national chest thumping. I’ll just say no. ~delete~.

If I was contemplating a move to another country because I had met someone, I wouldn’t be concerned with the pros/cons of gun control, universal health insurance, whether or not it was legal to smoke pot, whether George Bush is a closet Democrat, state paid child day care, illegal immigration, the next terrorist plot or the price of a six pack. Although if the move is to gulf coast of Florida you may want consider the price of homeowners insurance.

Slacker msg 52 …. is right. Work and the weather. The weather I could acclimate. So it would be all about employment. But this is all hypothetical.

For those that had bad experiences in the States, so sorry. Come to Florida, we treat ya right.
 megd
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/23/2005 12:30:02 PM
themaven..
So because I am 20yrs old I dont have my own opinion?? Wow thats a first. It just so happens that "without an opinion" I have managed to buy a house, start graduate school, buy a car, pay my bills, begin a career, and holy shit who would of thought that at the age of 20, and with no pertinent opinion that I could have accomplished all of that on my own!...So I believe that as hard working, well educated woman...and yes I said woman that I have a right to my own opinion, and you do as well! So if your opinion is that I have NO opinion, then so be it. But think about how educated that makes you sound in the process.
 Racer71
Msg: 49
Posted: 12/23/2005 1:20:38 PM

Just don't get sick.

Most qualified positions offer employer paid (80+%) healthcare. You can also choose to pay a private insurance. It's still cheaper than what the Canadians pay for their health insurance through the taxes that they are paying.. Furthermore, the quality of healthcare here in the states is better.
It's just BS that there's no healthcare here. Here in the US you have the free choice if and what insurance to get. In Canada you get forced into a government plan.
 racind42
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/23/2005 1:26:15 PM
Absolutley. 100% I travelled down south for 6 years 20 weeks a year all over the US.
Some great places down there. With Arizona, Florida, Texas and California being amongst my fav. places.
A great lady and a job in a Harley dealership..........Leave tomorrow, ok not until the New Year
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?