Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 shelleybear
Msg: 79
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?Page 2 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
Better educated then ignorant.
But I'm not even going to try with the likes of you.
 small*mtn*lake
Msg: 83
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 12/26/2005 10:34:36 AM
My feeling is that it would be exciting to live there ....... and might improve my golf game. She would have to help me, of course, and there would have to be opportunities for me to earn as well as I do here ! There is a lot of myth about differences, and a lot of Canadians think we have it so much better, but our society isn't improving. Have to be the right girl
 sddude
Msg: 87
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 12/26/2005 10:02:12 PM
all of you get your heads put of your butts , it is gooey in there .

YOu guys talk about politics and simantics all superficial stuff , news politics and healthcare , to me waves are waves , snowboarding is snowboarding , inside the house and with the one you love is it , only the job is to be found , I work for the gove , Uncle sam , I do not care about politics and news
What ios the difference ? You create the effect with your votes , one day when you are really old you will not care
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 88
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:11:44 PM
you people amaze me.

canada is better

no! america is better

my dad can beat up your dad

my mom can beat up your mom!

are you 12?!

i'm staying here, in my cube, where it's safe. everyone is nice and everyone here in my cube realizes there isn't that much of a damn difference. places are places people are people.

there is no chest thumping flag waving ignorant stereotyping here in my cube!

god bless my cube!
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 89
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:20:36 PM
bubbles are good. as are rocks and holes in the wall
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 90
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:28:17 PM
i have no choice but to live here and that's ok by me. of course i'm in the midwest. it's charming here.

i think you should stand by your convictions and most people here would tend to agree with you but home is home, ya know?

i'd never feel the need to trash canada. what's wrong with it? nothing. it's canada for god's sake!

i hate my current administration. they are very scary.

but we're still good people
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 91
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:31:59 PM
i am from the US and have never been the victim of any crime

am i an anomoly?

freaks.

hehehehe
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:42:53 PM
true. love knows no boundaries! but i'd be afraid i'd lose my independence, ya know?

it would be the same if i moved to new york or california too, i suppose. i like knowing where everything is, having a job and being close to family. i think depending on someone, even if it's just for a short time, would be difficult.

i think if both canadians and americans would hush up and realize that we both know pitifully few things about each other's countries, drop the hostility and try to LEARN something we wouldn't have these playground arguments.

of course i have ascended. few others have
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 93
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:47:41 PM
SEE what i'm saying?!

the bouncing ball has ascended as well
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 94
Posted: 12/28/2005 12:57:39 PM
madison wisconsin is lovely. i'd consider a move there

i actully have a boyfriend now

he lives 4 miles from me

also, i've been to canada a time or two. my intake of the culture and the locals was limited but it seemed eerily similar to my cube

except all the french everywhere
 sddude
Msg: 96
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:01:21 PM
While everyone is flaming , hehehehe , I wanna flame everyone's location , All your weather sucks , it is either cold or humid or rains too much hahahaha, mine is better , neener neener neener . I can wear shorts and surf in December , santa clause surfs here after christmas and camps at the beach , neeener neener neener
 magickinneyes
Msg: 97
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:03:12 PM
I am canadian...and someday soon i plan on being in the states...for work, so if i meet someone on here that takes my interest...that is a bonus for me....i don't think i would move to the states just for a relationship just because that gives the other person leveage if there happens to be an overblown arguement....the last thing i want to hear is..."if you leave i will send you back to Canada".....
My biggest fear of moving to the states is not a bad fear....it is the fear of starting over, new life, new beginnings....
 cuter_than_anyone
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:11:37 PM
i hope you enjoy your experience! good luck
 bigirish
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2005 1:25:01 PM
in a heartbeat, i would move to floria, louisiana, texas, alabama, arizona and maybe oklahoma. its more and more obvious that canadian women dont know what a good thing is until they have messed it completely up. i lived in texas about 8 tears ago and should have stayed. if a sweet american girl wants to start something with me, id be both flattered and honored. and i dont think it would be long before a left these godless winters behind.
 bigirish
Msg: 101
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2005 12:23:21 PM
did anyone mention the free health care???!! your a gem ou8!!! what a salesman!!
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/30/2005 12:00:24 AM
Anyone who lives in Los Angeles and works in the movie business (i.e. everyone) could probably relocate to Vancouver without skipping a beat. Practically all of Hollywood has moved up there anyway!

For example, if *I* met some Canadian Cutie that was simply irresistable, I know I could have a job up there within a week.

So, while US - Canada romances may seem like a pipe dream, the Vancouver - LA thing may have a fighting chance...
 arri
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/30/2005 6:50:56 AM
okay ... here is the meat and potato of it all

Canadians pay one of the highest taxes in the world ... we also live in a country that is recognized internationally as having one of .. if not the highest standard of living available in the world.

I live in a city that is recognized as one of the best cities in the world to live in.

We get what we pay for. I can't deduct the interest on my mortgage and have to pay GST ... but that's worth it ...
 shelleybear
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/30/2005 7:38:04 AM
The point to answer the whole tax question with is:
Canadians know where their tax money goes to a much greater extent then Americans do.
With a population base the size of the United States you'd think that if we managed our spending in a more reasonable manner we could do so much more. Oh ghod, I sound like an old-time Republican.....Fortunately, not like one of the new breed though. The new Republicans practice "Tax and Spend" but they spend on the very rich.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >