Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 megd
Msg: 51
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?Page 3 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
themaven...
If your intent was not to insult me then the "oops did I say that" could have probably been processed a few more times before being posted! No hard feelings though, I know where I stand and what my opinions mean to me. But in my regards opinion and age have a negative correlation and really nothing to do with eachother. My 6 year old brother has an opinion, though often at times it is intertwined with his imagination he still has one. So from one who has "qualified opinions and thoughts" to another I will keep you posted on how the accomplishments are coming along!
 Summer Teeth
Msg: 52
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 12/23/2005 1:31:07 PM
Haven't you heard that there is an age limit to opinions? The age limit for a woman is 30 years old, and the cut-off period is 30 years and 5 minutes.

Women, I suggest you make the same limits for men.
 thunderheart101
Msg: 53
 picker_grinner
Msg: 54
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 12/23/2005 2:57:53 PM

why do the americans consider themselves the centre of the universe. makes no sense[

Most places here in the States that would be 'center' of the universe.

I'm an American (even a U.S. citizen), but I believe that while the approximate direction to the center of the universe (big bang point) may be detectable and measured through multi-national technological efforts, the exact center of the universe will never be known... at least not in my lifetime, at which point I don't give a...

twisted40
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/23/2005 9:15:53 PM
NO! unless i was absolutely in love!!i mean head over heels, im with you till the day i die, kind of love. im with my man now. he s not gonna get rid of me unless he shoots me.
 JuJuBee
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/23/2005 9:29:48 PM
Yes, in a heartbeat.
Why would moving to Canada be any different to move to if I truly LOVED that person & wanted to give our relationship a shot?

I was in Burlington, Hamilton, Toronto, & Niagra Falls in August & was in awe of everything about it.
 Tainted_Angel
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/24/2005 3:22:28 AM
ehhhh was in this situration ONCE before but yeah... nothing ever came more of it, he had alot going on and he had a kid but we was still close to one another but i couldn't picture leaving my neice (at that time) and she. Had alot going on she needed me here and the guy who lives in canada was going to pay for my trip. ive known him for year's.
 mogrl
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/24/2005 3:39:36 AM
I would not make the move and thats why when i`m in the dating mood my profile has the 75 mile distance restriction .That way i can`t be contacted by temptation.I dated a canadian for 3 years and all i got to know was the GTA .I am european and the first time i went to Toronto i felt like i went back in time by 20 years.It was amazing and i love that city but as long as i still have school age children i won`t even consider it.The difference in the weather wouldn`t bother me ,again it would be like going back in time by 20 years.
 idgaf
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/24/2005 7:06:35 AM
Move, most likely not as there are too many problems (unless you are retired) but I did live with a woman 24/7 for a year and we commutted back and forth.

Both County's have their advantage and disadvantages and costs of travel can be offset by buying whats cheap in one contry and bringing it to the other. Unless you establish deul citizenship for the transplant I see continious problems.

Even being retired the Canadian citizen has to spend 6 months a yr there or they lose their pension which could be a problem with illness or just the desire to stay in one place.

If we are to have open borders with anyone it should be with Canada.
 sddude
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/24/2005 11:28:31 AM
I would rather be single all my life than to move to a place whre the beaches are cold most of the year , man I cannot even imagine that , it is christmas eve right now , I have surfe and am in my shorts and flipflops , ready to drive a few minutes spoth for some street tacos and outdoor live music at the beach , man that would suck to move to anyother place . Why not move here ?

Lived in florida before , my apartment went flat and the summer too humid and the bugs , otherwise the beach is awesome .

Better here , who want to move here ? I need some roomates , got aroom ready for you and and extra board , the waves are kicking and the beach clubs are rumbling
 Lucy
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2005 12:15:39 PM
I would move in a heartbeat for someone I loved. Whether it was to the USA or another country, if they are the one - who cares where you live, just that you are together. And it makes life more interesting.
 giopa2
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/24/2005 7:21:54 PM
I'm the black sheep of the family, I'd move back to Canada in a New York minute.
 CSUGuy
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:23:51 PM
I would never consider locating to a communist country. Therefore, Canada is definitely out of the question. Recent events have even changed my mind about so much as visiting and spending a single dime there.
 jn5218
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:38:32 PM
why all the hoopla? canada is just like another state. Mcdonalds is still mcdonalds and wendy's is still wendys'. you wipe your butt with american toilet paper. I'm in cnanda 3 days a week. if I didn't tell them I was american they wouldn't know the difference,
 Ldygmr
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:39:21 PM
Are you kidding?

Have you SEEN some of these canadian HOTTIES!?

Heck yeah, I'd move! I have nothing tying me to any specific location.
 jn5218
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:40:57 PM
Of course theirs always idiots like who post on here, that don't know what they speak that give the US a bad name like some idiots in Canada too. Can"t we all get along? after all, I don't see anyone invading either countries
 CSUGuy
Msg: 67
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:41:46 PM

why all the hoopla? canada is just like another state. Mcdonalds is still mcdonalds and wendy's is still wendys'. you wipe your butt with american toilet paper. I'm in cnanda 3 days a week. if I didn't tell them I was american they wouldn't know the difference,

How about supporting a country that has deliberately tried to undermine the foriegn policy of the country you are loyal to. To me, that's the difference.
 GrannyApple
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:45:11 PM
Say! Doesn't Canada have free health care? I'd consider it if I fell in love with A Canadian.
 jn5218
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:46:51 PM
how has canada tried to undermind the US?
 CSUGuy
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:47:49 PM
Yeah, try getting an MRI in Canada. There health care is what happens to anything that is state run. Ever been to Utah? Ever been in one of their state run liquor stores. It's great. I would rather have economics determining whether I live or die than a bunch of mealy-mouthed bureaucrats.
 CSUGuy
Msg: 71
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:49:16 PM

how has canada tried to undermind the US?

If you don't watch the news or pay attention to the general attitude that Canadians have towards the U.S. while you're in Canada, I am not going to be the one to explain it to you. Go on believing in the Easter Bunny for all I care.
 jn5218
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:58:02 PM
If you don't watch the news or pay attention to the general attitude that Canadians have towards the U.S. while you're in Canada, I am not going to be the one to explain it to you. Go on believing in the Easter Bunny for all I care.

Yeah, you have to explain it. because it looks like you don't know what you're talking about. I listen to the news and I see it first hand.
 CSUGuy
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/24/2005 8:58:55 PM

Nope, I wouldn't move to the States, sorry guys...no offence, just not the country for me. I wouldn't go looking for someone or let interest build for someone (at least intentionally) if they lived in another country. I was born here, love what it has to offer, and my family/friends are here.

I understand that sentiment.
 CSUGuy
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/24/2005 9:05:54 PM

Yeah, you have to explain it. because it looks like you don't know what you're talking about. I listen to the news and I see it first hand.

Then you should be up to speed on issues like missile defence, softwood lumber, border security, beef, and Iraq. Are relations with Canada are there worst since the 1960's. The are in the process of taking a liberal swing that history has proven to be costly in terms of life and economics. Their country and our country are finding themselves diametrically opposed to one another, and they take almost any chance they can get to undermine the foreign policy and national security of a country that used to have their back. Perhaps you should open you ears and listen to what those Canadians are saying about McDonalds when you are standing in line for your Big Mac.
 jn5218
Msg: 75
Posted: 12/24/2005 9:14:08 PM
they are saying what a lot of people in the US are saying. Bush sucks. taking away civil liberties, spying on people, soldiers dying left and right. and how ironic, Canadians are buying big macs to raise the stocks in mcdonalds to give to the people who support conservitve ideas.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?