Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Robglide
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?Page 3 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
Move to Canada?

Three words for ya pal, So Cal Rocks!

Three more for good measure: Ain't No Snow!

Last three for the night: Beer Is Cheaper!

Does this help?

eyes4u21211
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 1/1/2006 12:04:34 AM
Does anyone remember what it was like to be a teenager? THAT'S when "couldn't live without her" was kicking in for me. I'd have gone anywhere for her. And now, older and wiser, I'd go anywhere to get that passion back, but not leave the neighborhood without it. Yea, Canada in a heartbeat if that heartbeat was intoxicating me to passion.
 tictactoe
Msg: 129
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 1/1/2006 3:56:11 AM
Robglide

Beer Is Cheaper!
and it should be! darn well takes two times the amount of American beer to get the buzz. So in fact its more expensive to get the same buzzzzzzzz when you do the math......

Ain't No Snow!
Naw! Ours melts and its free. Yours doesnt and very expensive.

So Cal Rocks
Darn right it does. Love to visit... great place.
 tictactoe
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/1/2006 4:03:57 AM
CanPilot

Okay, so what is wrong with joining the air force here ? Our pilots do very well in mock combat.

Before you say our military is a joke , I'll be the first to agree . However the air force from what i have been told by my bud ( who's now retired ) has a good reputation and very good pilots.
 shelleybear
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/1/2006 9:37:21 AM
I will NEVER forgive the Canadian government for ditching the AVRO Arrow.
Stupid conservative pussies just caved in to the U.S.
 shelleybear
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/1/2006 1:16:32 PM

I used to work as a Customs official at the Canadian border in Sarnia and Americans would come through in June with skiis on their roof saying they were heading to Montreal for the day skiing. duhhhhh. i'd simply say.."have fun!!"

You missed the person who said that I was ragging on and insulting Canadians. Wouldn't back down no matter what I said.
I'm shocked. You never got any Yanks asking where the snow was, pointed north and said "Keep going for about 700 miles."

I lived in Ailsa Craig for about seven years.
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2006 2:46:42 PM
@ Max

"You missed the person who said that I was ragging on and insulting Canadians. Wouldn't back down no matter what I said."

Ya just couldn't shut the "li'l woman" up, could ya? You're right, I wouldn't back down. Maybe, just maybe, Immigration Canada knew what they were doing when then turfed you back over to the other side of the line , d'ya think?

People with your attitude belong in the last century - the early part!
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2006 3:30:17 PM
Danabug17, have you tried the film industry in Alberta or BC? I live in Alberta and know for a fact that our Province is known as Hollywood North in the film industry - much to the chagrin of Arnold S! Just a thought and I'm sure you've looked into it but it may be worth a second look before relocating outside of Canada. I'm in Calgary and they are always filming something or other here. And besides, it's God's country in them thar mountains!
 shelleybear
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/1/2006 3:58:54 PM
Here's a clue for you.
I wasn't "turfed back".
My marriage blew-up real good and I went back.
Your comments have now entered the realm of making no sense.
There are rude idiots with tons of 'tude across both borders.
You are just the Canadian branch.
 shelleybear
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/1/2006 4:03:07 PM
Bravo!
When I first arrived in Canada, I had the silly attitude that there is good and bad in both countries.
I try to maintain it in the face of those who steadfastly insist that America is the "Evil Empire".
Because of it's lack of effective social and healthcare programs, I kind of view it as the retarded nephew of the world.
 tictactoe
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/2/2006 2:01:57 AM
tinkerbellcgy

It might be Gods country here, but the movie industry is a hard nut to crack in this province. The way the Union operates , and with close to a thousand members, the person at the bottom rarely gets a good position. It doesnt work on experience here. It works on seniority. A system which doesnt give the good people much of a chance .

There's so much more work beyond the Movie industry. Excellent production houses in Calgary and of course Edmonton too. They hire based on skill and not the pecking order of some union.
 tictactoe
Msg: 139
 tictactoe
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:36:23 PM
earthie1

If you love Toronto, and it is a beautiful place, you'll love Calgary and the west ! Canada is a great country. Each region with their own culture and lifestyle.

Although I'm a wee bit away from senior citizen status,
A wee bit? Hey, I'm the same age as you are. Not that guys are willing to give away their age. I'd like to propose seniors citizen status begin at 80. Darn right! I have lots of miles left in me.

tictactoe
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/10/2006 7:41:44 PM
Angyson

I wish I could say the same for my fellow Canadians.

I think its in the mindset of the person travelling angy. I've travelled extensively in the past 25 years and have found every place I go to be great.

I've heard people say they've been treated badly in Quebec, but I've had the opposite experience. Others have said New York is a bad place to travel. I like it.

If I had to compare any country or region, Canada does sit high on hospitality friendliness. Very friendly people here.
 idgaf
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/19/2006 10:18:38 AM
I commuted back and forth for a year (with her) and it was working out fine. Definately had its advantages but of cource we were both retired which made it doable to begin with.

Extra work but a decent trade off.
 Synical
Msg: 151
Posted: 1/26/2006 11:49:57 PM
Regardless of how much I liked the person, I wouldn't move to the states. No question about it.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 167
Posted: 4/6/2006 1:03:45 PM
I would move. I hear that they have access to better shoes than the one's available in Canada. Plus, it is too cold here.
Carrie
P.S. Polar bears in Montreal, too funny mon ami!
 konubbu
Msg: 168
Posted: 4/6/2006 2:09:54 PM
I am Canadian! *dances* But I am currently in a relationship with an American. If I loved the other person enough and there was no way for him to come to Canada I would seriously consider moving to America. I love Canada, but its only a place, and my home is with the person that I love.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2006 6:13:50 PM
I really can't believe how "dumb" some Americans are about the climate of Canada. Did you know that alot of States in America are colder than the average Canadian Province? My sister lived in Windsor years ago, on the border of Detroit. She had a friend that worked border patrol. Some "idiots" use to come here in the middle of the summer with skiis ontop of their car looking for the nearest Ski Resort. Seriously...we may have snow, as does most of the States, but we also have scorching hot, humid Summers and beautiful Falls and Springs. As for the move...never. Canada is where I'm staying. I'm from an Immigrant family from Germany. I'm the first to be born in this country. I'm proud to be Canadian! And btw...not all of us say 'eh'....lol
 dud
Msg: 179
Posted: 4/9/2006 10:49:18 AM
no i really really doubt it

nothing against the states, but i love this country and dont think im leaving
 kitsguy4u
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:29:49 PM
blue>you are so right, the US is pretty much behind the times. Dont notice until you get down there sometimes the weird attitudes they have. Still pretty racist down there. Although it looks like history will march ahead and force a change.
 justmeinnc05
Msg: 183
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:34:59 PM
Would I move to Canada? I did it once and lived near Vancouver for two years. So would I move to Canada? No!!! There isn't anything that would ever get me to live in Canada. Not love, not money, nothing. When I crossed back to the American side, I got out of my car and kissed the ground, and cried with joy. I am serious.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >