Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oldsoul
Msg: 776
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someonPage 32 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
I wouldn't move to the US for any reason...not for love, money, or fame...no.

jnh456
Msg: 777
view profile
History
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 5/13/2008 12:55:44 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. WELL. When you americans grow a spine and stop letting big business rule your lives. IE. Please take my civil rights as I am soooooooooo vewy scared for my safety. :) AND. Take back your country and your liberties. AND. Start backing real people and become informed about politics. AND. Grow a brain. AND Start becoming informed instead of watching the latest reality show and eating yourself into obesity. AND quit buying yourself into debt do us part. You may need help understanding this last suggestion. Duhhhhhhhhhh. :)

Well, this might be one real reason I would not want to move to canada. I have seen many of your posts. There is a fine example of a man from montreal on here, that goes by that name, and if he is the example of men in canada, I would consider it. But I do really hate the cold, but being from IN, I get both, frigid cold, and the ungodly high humidity, and heat. But prefer the heat. Of course the ideal situation would be to live in a climate that was moderate year round, but can that be found anymore?
 Amber Rain
Msg: 778
view profile
History
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 5/13/2008 1:34:47 PM
I LOVE Toronto and would move there in a heartbeat. I appreciate the diversity and general open-mindedness of its citizens. People there seem to be more conscious of more esoteric things like holistic healthcare, metaphysics, and healthy living in general and don't seem to be such a media-influenced culture like ours. I'm from Boston so I could adjust to the cold, no problem.
 Merrylass
Msg: 779
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 1:40:25 PM
I'd consider a 6 month here, 6 month there arrangement but I'd miss Tim's and Caramilks and sane government too much to stay down South fulltime. However I'd not go at all while this administration is still in power and I doubt I'd do so if the Repubs win again. Too much stupid in the higher echelons for my taste.
 David3634955
Msg: 780
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 1:43:29 PM
My ex is from Kelowna, BC.

I'm from San Jose, CA.

we lasted for over a year, because we were looking for any sign that we might be able to move to the same country, or at least have a chance to meet once.

But yeah, I'd move for love. Heck, I do need some healthcare after all.

~ David
 Happynature
Msg: 781
Posted: 5/13/2008 1:46:37 PM
It snows there doesn't it??? Uh...that would be a NO!

Signed
Happy in Florida
 rakankrad
Msg: 782
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 1:50:47 PM
No. I was in a LDR with an american for almost 8 months. Not once was it even questioned that I would stay in Canada. For visits, sure, I'll go to the states. To live there? No way. No offense to americans, but I refuse to give up what I've got here (free health care, my family, my friends, my whole life) for a "chance" that it'll work out. Besides, she wanted to get out of the states forever anyway, so it worked well for me.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 783
Posted: 5/13/2008 3:02:40 PM
Americans dont realize that most other countries think we are fat, not that educated, and spoiled. They are probably right. Canada is way too cold for me, and dont tell me it isn't it is. But I bet not to many Canadians would want to come here.

Terrible economy, paying some of the highest taxes in the world while getting so little in return; worst STD rate of any first world country in history (25% of teens), a health care system that makes HMO's rich while we pay higher rates; a school system that is one of the worst among first world countries.

The most violent first world country in history with more gun crime than anyone; A 51% divorce rate and its worse for those living together. yea the U.S. is awesome.
 clasact
Msg: 784
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 4:00:23 PM
<----Would move to Canada, yes. I like the snow.
Q:"What would be your fear in making the move?" A:- Nothing.
 lady_bugg65
Msg: 785
Posted: 5/13/2008 4:55:30 PM

When you americans grow a spine

I really really like American spines................. ....especially the ones attached to a deep southern drawl...eh...

and yes, I would ....and plan to one day............
 DarLite
Msg: 786
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 8:33:36 PM
Even though the U.S. is a beautiful country with many advantages for the average person.........I would never move or want to live in the U.S. Part of it is familiarity with this country Canada in which I grew up in. Another part is my patriotic views on Canada and it's people................it is the greatest melting pot of cultures. Another part is that I just love building Igloos in the winter.
 sbnt
Msg: 787
Posted: 5/13/2008 8:46:50 PM
I could probably answer yes to both myself and a friend I've been chatting with. If we ever actually decide to take our friendship to the next level, we've contemplated whether I'd go there, or she'd come here.

I did want to move to New Hampshire once, and it wasn't for someone I met here or online.

In the end, I'm not sure whether Canada or the US is the better place to live, although the US seems to have a lot more problems at the moment. We're both over-taxed, and have federal governments that want to do more than they should be allowed to.
 SpaceSquirrel
Msg: 788
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 9:07:08 PM
I would LOVE to move to Canada ... doing so for love would certainly be a bonus, but by no means a pre-requisite. I've been tempted to try to move to Seattle to facilitate meeting people and/or applying for jobs in Canada ;)

In post 757 neilalagel talked of being "an American trapped with a Canadian citizenship" ... I'm the reverse ... sometimes it feels like I "should" have been born Canadian, but happen to be American. I enjoy "dementia" music (The genre on the Dr. Demento show ... Weird Al Yankovic being the best known exmaple) with several of my favorite groups being Canadian and favorite songs about Canada. I grew up in semi-rural Michigan, so feel like I'm almost halfway toward being Canadian anyway, and have no problems with the cold and snow, but if it gets much over 30 C (86 F) I start to wilt. I've considered moving to Alaska as well as Canada.

A few Canadians have mentioned not wanting to give up "Tim's" ... if this means Tim Hortons, they have long since expanded to the states (I used to stop there when I lived near Detroit, MI). According to their website they have stores in CT, KY, MA, ME, MI, NY, OH, PA, RI, and WV, so I guess you'd be restricted to the Northeast and Midwest, but is still better than nothing ;).

I think my biggest fear in making the move would be finding employment as the economy is sometimes a bit stronger in the US. That and trying to get my mom to come visit (she isn't as big a fan of the cold).

So, any Canadians out there want to help me plan a visit ;).

--SpaceSquirrel
 custis
Msg: 789
Posted: 5/13/2008 9:14:25 PM
If it were not for family and my love for the United States desert country, I may have moved to Canada long ago, simply because the government of the United States is absolutely soaked with corruption. Washington D.C. is nothing but a nest of filthy greedy **stards who should all be lined up and shot. But who knows, perhaps it is no better in Canada, although I have heard that it is much better.
 Sardonis
Msg: 790
Posted: 5/13/2008 9:51:30 PM
After seeing just how many hot girls my age who don't have kids and share similiar interests, I have contemplated moving to Vancouver, British Columbia.
 WhyMe1369
Msg: 791
Posted: 5/13/2008 10:43:02 PM
Wow... you all talk about how cold it is up here... we do have 4 seasons... and you can really see the difference between them. I know it will be difficult to leave my igloo behind and know I will have to get acustomed to modern civilization , but I am sure I will manage... CALIFORNIA here I come! How much more of a shock can you get? From the cold eastern Canadian climat to south westen States... aaahhhh yes... a new adventure... and who knows... I might find someone to keep me there... ya never know!
 Enchanted107
Msg: 792
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2008 12:05:14 AM
I was about to say no way, then realized I did move to Toronto (here) from Chicago because of love; my husband was here. Granted it was not easy decision, which meant giving up a lot of things, but I did!
 xchaosx
Msg: 793
Posted: 5/14/2008 12:23:49 AM
Yes I would but I would want us to compromise and move to somewhere between both of our original locations
 dubliner7
Msg: 794
Posted: 9/18/2008 8:16:55 PM

Yes I would but I would want us to compromise and move to somewhere between both of our original locations

Lake Erie?
 lelathecat
Msg: 795
Posted: 9/18/2008 8:24:08 PM
If I were to move anywhere, it would have to suit my needs first. Could I get a good job there? Can I get a work visa there? Do I like the place? Climate? People?

If someone lived in someplace I hated, I certainly wouldn't move there for them or even be dating them.
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 796
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 8:57:45 PM

What would be your fear in making the move?

My *perceived* American mentality. Guns, God 'n my country. Social Darwinism. A fear-based society. Despicable foreign affairs. A nation that would vote for Bush - twice!

I've worked for many years in tourism in Cape Breton and Toronto as a waitress. I've come across many, many different nationalities visiting Canada. Of the American visitors, most were kind and nice. I live in an area that was a mecca to American draft dodgers. I have friends and two business partners that are American.

HOWEVER, of all the different nationalities that I have met, there have been NONE that have displayed entitlement, rudeness, ignorance of other's customs, abrasiveness and loudness of the few bad apple Americans that have come here. It makes me worry what life south of the border would be like. Even Canadianized Americans seem to apologize for their compatriots.

I would rather my "American love" move to Canada and we could winter holiday down south.
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 797
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 9:04:40 PM

But I wish more then anything he would have threw a bucket of ice water in my face and told me to get a clue and stay in Winnipeg!! Cause now Im down here feeling stuck and need to move back!

Ahhh! Winnipeg is so bitter cold in the winter but so warm in the people's hearts.
From a former Pegger
 veryordinary
Msg: 798
Posted: 9/18/2008 9:07:56 PM
I would move to Canada in a minute. I would just have to have someone with very warm feet. I don't really like cold weather, maybe I should go to Mexico instead.
 Coach Andrew
Msg: 799
Posted: 9/18/2008 9:11:57 PM
Interesting question. Frankly, whenever I've been to Canada, I think to myself hmmm, I could live here. Toronto is like a cleaner, smaller New York. And of course, Vancouver pretends to be New York in many movies. Quebec is beautiful.

My best friend through high school and college met his future wife when he visited Israel. She was from Ottawa (eh). It was one of those love-at-first-site romances, probably fueled even more by the novelty of meeting someone far away from home, but after a year, he proposed, and moved to Ottawa, since she had more holding her there than he had holding him here. That was 29 years ago, and they're still going strong, with three children.

We occasionally reconnect, and I told him that the way things have been going here, he may one day look like a prophet for having made the move when he did.

I've seen some of the beautiful Canadian women on this site... yeah, I could live up there!
 BigDaddyJinx
Msg: 800
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 10:47:29 PM

...have displayed entitlement, rudeness, ignorance of other's customs, abrasiveness and loudness of the few bad apple Americans that have come here.

I used to think America and Americans in general were all that and a bag of chips, and I couldn't wait for the day I was old enough to move there.

Then I visited there...and it started to change.

And then I supported them over the phone (for my job)...and it all changed.

I would never, ever, in a million years reside in America, even for love. Not for all the money in the world would I consider it. I've seen it, and I've supported their people, and I have never met a culture so into themselves as they are/were. Can't really denounce an entire country based off the occasional bad apple, but imagine dealing with these bad apples in BUNCHES day in and day out, 30+ a day, over 6 years...

Americans are a little too obsessed with "me me me all about me" mentality for my liking. This is just from personal observation. We have bad apples in Canada too, granted, but good luck trying to find them. In the States, you couldn't spit 2 feet without hittin' one.

I'd rather rip my own intestines out with a rusted and dull Swiss Army Knife than live south of the border.

And at least if I did rip, in Canada...I'd be medically covered and not shuffled off to some ramshackle facility because I don't have the right coverage...

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?