Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 contheuber
Msg: 801
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?Page 33 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
"Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here? "

I'd consider it, sure.

Would have to be the right circumstances, but why not?

Besides, if I move up north... maybe I can find someone who actually likes hockey :/
 WanderingRain
Msg: 802
view profile
History
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 9/18/2008 11:21:39 PM
For a while, I was going to, actually. Go visit Canada just for a girl. She was wonderful and we had long conversations on here. She's still the most awesome yet I have met on PoF.
She either got busy or found someone, but she does not answer my mails anymore. I'd like to think she met her man up there... I'm happy if she's happy so I guess I'll have to look for another Canadian. There's so many lovely Canadian girls up there.
And a good number of them write really good profiles.

Also, the more I learn about Canada, the more I admire the country and fall in love with it. So we'll see...
 heywhatchadoin
Msg: 803
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 9/19/2008 1:01:03 AM
Good question.

If he was THE right one definitely would move to where he was regardless of where it was BUT it would have to warmer. I am not sacrificing healthcare just to endure winters somewhere else!

I am pretty lucky that I can work pretty much anywhere and am absolutely not worried about making new freinds. 2 of my best freinds live in Louisiana and I would live there in heartbeat to be with a soulmate- crime, hurricanes, guns be damned as long as I am warm :)

Of course there would be certain considerations. among them being a better climate. If he lived somewhere cold he could haul his arse up here to Alberta. That would go the same to maybe in Canada.
 Twilight04
Msg: 804
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2008 1:21:16 PM
Possibly, I'm only about 45 minutes away from Canada right now. It would really depend where in Canada though. Toronto, Kingston...sure. Montreal, maybe. Quebec city...probably not. I speak about five words of French and none of them would really help me out there.
 english lass
Msg: 805
Posted: 9/19/2008 1:50:25 PM
if i didn't have the restrictions due to the kids needing to be a certain distance from their dad, for visitation purposes, then i could move there, but i don't know if i would... my main hesitation would be the lack of free health care
 Just_Eric
Msg: 806
Posted: 9/19/2008 1:59:37 PM
I was stationed in upstate NY ofr six years and stayed in the area another four. Most of that time I was married to a local girl, but I did visit Canada quite a bit before we married, and after we split. Being a Texan, I have quite a bit in common with most Canadians I have met. Work hard, play hard, love hard. I have never failed to be impressed by the cleanliness of the country, as opposed to my own.

I have dated a few Canadian women and would have no aversion to relocating IF I found somebody I truly felt was my soulmate. Work isn't really an issue, as I can do anything I set my mind to, and I learn fast. I could probably make more money doing what I currently do there, than here. I do have some friends north of Toronto, near Georgian Bay, who invited me to come spend some time. I may take them up on that in 2009, after the first big thaw.
 BlazeFalconburger
Msg: 807
Posted: 9/20/2008 9:44:18 PM
YES! Canada has some of the most beautiful brunettes!!!! evar!!

MMMMMMmmmmmmm yum.

:D
 Mike_Wazowski
Msg: 808
Posted: 9/20/2008 10:10:06 PM
No. I won't even move to another city in the same province... moving to another country is completely out of the question.
 just-for-forums
Msg: 809
Posted: 9/20/2008 11:54:39 PM
Nothing against the USA but I couldn't picture living anywhere but here (Ottawa). Here is where my family and friends are. I've done a fair bit of traveling and, whether Canada or the USA, I've never found a place that I felt more at home in. Besides, if I couldn't handle dating someone just a two hour drive away, someone in another country would be pretty unlikely.
 Tisha Mc
Msg: 810
Posted: 9/21/2008 1:12:43 AM
I'm not really sure. Not that I have anything against Canada, but there are so many things to consider. I'm very close to my family and would have a hard time leaving them behind. And I'm not just going to do it for anyone. It would have to be that I'm marrying this person and I just don't see how we could get to that point if we live in two different countries. But I wouldn't rule it out completely.
I surprised that someone even asked this question when so many of the people on this site are not even willing to go farther than 75 miles. I see that on a lot of profiles. They won't even talk to you if you're too far away.
 Merrylass
Msg: 811
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:19:47 AM

I think my biggest fear in making the move would be finding employment as the economy is sometimes a bit stronger in the US. That and trying to get my mom to come visit (she isn't as big a fan of the cold).

Victoria's unemployment was 3% last I heard. All of BC is doing very well; Canada wasn't as exposed to the bad mortgage mess down South. I think we ended up creating more jobs than you lost this year.They're predicting no growth for the rest of this year but a slow climb next year. Weatherwise, you can find quite temperate climates in southern BC and even places that have cold in winter do have spring, fall, and summer (often quite hot summers), ya know.

Me, move to the US? Not if the Republicans win again for sure. Otherwise, I'd do half-and-half (6 months there, 6 here). I couldn't give up all that's good about Canada permanently. Imagine life without Caramilks!
 Sivoph
Msg: 812
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:26:41 AM
Canada and America look pretty much the same to me...unless I'm missing something. Oh, yeah, we have a different flag...when did we get that?
 TygerLaw
Msg: 813
Posted: 9/21/2008 7:22:57 AM
I've been along the border of Canada making forays across and many of the posts seem to follow the general mental stream towards Americans. Canadians falsely believe that we're all ignorant war mongering oafs that kill and maim our neighbors and don't have any education, no one overseas has ever been helped by war, we're all a bunch of gun toating religious zealots that shoot one another. There was one poster that said they'd rather live in Mexico than the U.S. Here's a couple of things to mentally chew on, Mexicans love crossing the border into the States and their country helps them do it, and after the Mexicans become the majority of the population of the US (approx. 50 years) where do you think is next? The good ole north, we'll see how well Canada likes all that healthcare going for illegal aliens. Another is that if the US is so bad, why is it the number 1 place in the world people are trying to come to and live (We are the original Melting Pot). Foreigners must enjoy their dreams of bomb cratered roads filled with American religious zealots converting the unwashed masses, or killing them. It's a shame a lot of our northern neighbors have gotten on the world media band wagon because it's cool to be anti-American these days. TV isn't the best place for knowledge about a place, neither are other types of media. If you haven't lived here don't make the sweeping broad statements about the US, it doesn't make you look very intelligent.

Concerning the topic itself, Canada is beautiful, big, has wide open spaces and the women I've seen are very good looking in my age bracket and many of them don't have kids like their female counterparts stateside. So those are definite upsides for me. The taxes are crazy high there because they're still owned as part of the British Commonwealth, which is great if you don't work because you get easy healthcare, bad for someone like me who can make money wherever I go, and don't have to worry about healthcare costs too much, but the check is going to be hit hard before I get it each payday. I'd move to a lot of different places in the world, Canada itself is a wonderful place I believe but in actuality the place itself isnt what makes an experience good or bad, it's the mindset.
Posted: 9/21/2008 7:25:23 AM
Yes, if I met someone here who was an a$$, I would flee to Canada!
 nottheprincess4U
Msg: 815
Posted: 9/21/2008 7:38:04 AM
Boy isn't that truth,,,,, don't forget the moose races every thursday night,,,, and how the polar bears are part of every community.
 Robert02115
Msg: 816
Posted: 9/21/2008 7:47:09 AM
Sure.....I'd move to Canada for a good reason..................
 pixidancer
Msg: 817
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:03:00 AM
Tried two ltrs with Canadians....not ruling it out, but am very skeptical about their intentions. I doubt any would ever leave other than for a vacation. Just seems to be how it is. Plus, what a comittment on their part to sponser a person-geez. I am willing if the right one was honest enough. Time either takes it's toll, or brings you closer together on that one. The latter is the norm I think.
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:04:14 AM
Years ago I considered moving from Canada to the US, I had an incentive, but now it's not so practical.

From message 830:
We have high taxes cause Canada's a large country with a relatively small population.
It costs $$$ to maintain that infrastructure. Canada's not owned as part of the British Commonwealth...
 pixidancer
Msg: 819
 OldFolkie
Msg: 820
view profile
History
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:37:32 AM
I lived in Canada for a while...long ago in galaxy far, far away LOL. I spent two years in Goose Bay, Labrador when I was in high school ('63-'65) and loved it. Of course at that time there was no road connecting Labrador to the rest of Canada, access only by air or sea. But it was a wonderful place to be a kid and I had a lot of Canadian friends. There was an American high school and a Canadian one. They regularly kicked our tails at Hockey (most of us had never skated before!) and we would regularly thrash them at Basketball. But we all skiied, hiked, camped and sang together (that's where I became a folksinger). I've visited a few times in the century or so since then and have always enjoyed it. Indeed, I have considered moving there a time or two for the beauty and the friendly people. The cold doesn't bother me...I lived for 16 years in Alaska LOL. I'll have to hoist a LaBatt's in tribute to our Canadian cousins tonight. And yes, there are many beautiful Canadiennes on PoF...and not a few in my fading memories.
 seaga
Msg: 821
Posted: 9/21/2008 1:47:53 PM

Another is that if the US is so bad, why is it the number 1 place in the world people are trying to come to and live (We are the original Melting Pot

There are several thinsg you need to know why that is the case. For one the majority of immigrants in america are from third world countries...most peopel from other First World countries have no desire to leave their home countries and go to America to live..dont you notice that the majority of illegal immigrants in america are form latin america and the carribean? go figure..Another thing is: Easy Access..Its a lot easier for mexicans and other people in central america to go into america illegally...If say Canada, England, Switzerland, Italy, France etc..were close/er to mexico and other central american countries..do you think that most of those mexicans woudl go to america? I think not....its very easy to go across the border for mexicans, and that is the closest First world country to them, hence why the vast majority of them immigrate there..so its not really because america is the BEST place why so many of them go there but its mostly because of ACCESSABILITY....I can guarantee you that If Canada and England for example was bordered by mexico..you wouldnt have so many mexicans in America!

Sure America is a good country, but by no measn do a lot of immigranst go there because they think its teh best...You also need to understand that of all the first world countries in the world especially the European countries..America has one of the easist immigration system when it comes to peopel from third world ocuntries entering legally..example..its a lot easier for citizens of most countries to get an American Visa (visitor) and a Green Card than to get one for most European Countries! The visa requirements for america compared to Most European countries is a hell of a lot easier....So you might want to think about those things before you wonder why "most people want to come to America"... a lot of them dont have a choice per se..so since america is the closest and easiest to get into..where do you think they're gonna go?Australia? Canada? England?..likely not!
 seaga
Msg: 822
Posted: 9/21/2008 1:52:20 PM

If you haven't lived here don't make the sweeping broad statements about the US, it doesn't make you look very intelligent.

Dude why the hell are you talking about? Most Americans make those same assumptions about other countries! Talking about hypocritical..Like I'm from Jamaica..and based on what the "media" says..I'm sure a lot of people think its a "dangerous" place which it is NOT...Americans are extremely assumptious towards other countries based on what they read on the internet and whatever otehr media outlet...So some of you americans should stop being hypocritical....
 Smart-Blonde
Msg: 823
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:04:20 PM
I don't know if I would move just because of someone.

My kids and I actually have making joking comments about having to move there someday. We said if the US keeps getting taken over by illegal immigrants and all of Mexico keeps moving here, we will no longer be what the US was and then all of us Americans will have to move north to Canada. My younger son said, if it continues they mise well call US ..... Latin America.

My pros for Canada.....
Hockey.... my favorite sport
Beautiful and clean

I work in the health field and use to work with an OB-Gyn from there. She moved here because being a Dr. in the medical field there was horrible. She said her and her partner were the only two OBs in a 60 mile radius.
 Red_Sasha34
Msg: 824
Posted: 9/21/2008 2:49:59 PM
I have lived in Canada nearly all of my life. I lived in Florida for about a year. Although I loved the beaches, the sunshine and the coastlines. I would never move there again. Problem healthcare, poor education system.. I would want better for my family. If I met and fell for an american man. I would bring him to Canada. If he wouldn't come.. deal breaker!!
 HB2
Msg: 825
Posted: 9/21/2008 6:08:54 PM
Third world countries are NOT the only immigrants to the US. Get real.

We all love our countries & instead of fighting we should be discussing the TOPIC.

I would go for a 6 month split myself. That way nobody has to feel like they're leaviing family behind or go threu the drama of giving up their country.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?