Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NaughtyMagenta
Msg: 826
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?Page 34 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
I feel I would be overtaken by the amount of tasty and inventive fast food the Americas has to offer..Thus becomming like 400 pounds.
 seaga
Msg: 827
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 9/21/2008 9:38:45 PM

Third world countries are NOT the only immigrants to the US. Get real.

You are not reading well..I certainly never said that..I'm just making the point that the VAST MAJORITY of Immigrants who came directly from their home country are from Third World Countries..because most peopel form other First World Nations dont really have any desire to come to america because their standard of living is just as good if not better than that of America...do a research and you'll notice that most of the illegal immigrants in America aren't from Third World Countries.....Most americans think that the reasonw hy they get so many illegal immigrants or immigrants in general is because they are the BEST country in the world..which is definitely not the case...if you were to do your research you would notice that A lot of European countries have just as much problems with illegal immigrants or immigrants in general..but most americans would not know that because as usual they don't know what is happening in other countries or around the world..hell some of them dont even know what is going on in their homeland..If they were the best country they would not have to say it so often...it would speak for itself...its mostly americans who usually think america is the best country in the world...
 TygerLaw
Msg: 828
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 9/22/2008 11:43:22 AM
Do some research, immigrants to the States beats any other country by a huge percentage. I'm not going to do your homeowrk for you. Did you know Mexico is a large country, so is South America, so on your premise that immigrants from those areas just stop here for geographic convenience, let's look at that theory briefly. Most of those immigrants from those countries don't live on the border and just step over by the millions into the US. They cross thousands of miles on foot, train, trucks some traverse almost 1/2 way across the earth in distance to get here, and instead of stopping in the US for awhile for a break on their way to Canada, they stay here by the millions. Canada has much more open space, and they're so much better healthcare and policy wise, (right?)...after crossing thousands of miles, payoffs, danger etc...they stay here because I guess they're tired instead of moving on. Is this what goes for logic up north? All that trouble to get here, but a couple thousand more miles to Northern Nirvana, but nope, not gonna do it. Quite laughable.

Canada is not part of the Brit Commonwealth anymore eh...the Queen should be informed of this, she will not be pleased.

If Jamaica is so great, eh...why is it you're here?
 briargate
Msg: 829
Posted: 9/22/2008 1:02:21 PM
Well, considering I was all set to move to the Czech Republic to be with the woman at one time, I think I could handle moving to a country I could drive to.
 Lil Brooker
Msg: 830
view profile
History
Posted: 9/22/2008 1:16:37 PM

Canada is not part of the Brit Commonwealth anymore eh...the Queen should be informed of this, she will not be pleased.

She already knows. She signed The Canada Act on April 17, 1982. Since that date our Constitution was no longer under British juridiction. However, the British Crown is still our head of state.

Formerly, Britian ruled it's Commonwealth countries. It no longer has any political power in Canada.
 Sojournor
Msg: 831
 dancing/shoes
Msg: 832
Posted: 9/22/2008 3:03:08 PM
You are not reading well..I certainly never said that..I'm just making the point that the VAST MAJORITY of Immigrants who came directly from their home country are from Third World Countries..because most peopel form other First World Nations dont really have any desire to come to america because their standard of living is just as good if not better than that of America...do a research and you'll notice that most of the illegal immigrants in America aren't from Third World Countries.....Most americans think that the reasonw hy they get so many illegal immigrants or immigrants in general is because they are the BEST country in the world..which is definitely not the case...if you were to do your research you would notice that A lot of European countries have just as much problems with illegal immigrants or immigrants in general..but most americans would not know that because as usual they don't know what is happening in other countries or around the world..hell some of them dont even know what is going on in their homeland..If they were the best country they would not have to say it so often...it would speak for itself...its mostly americans who usually think america is the best country in the world... dude i agree with you i have family in Italy and friends, most Americans have no idea how other people live Europe, they usually speak anywhere from 2-5 languages, they know more about our country/movies & music, most Americans have no idea how cool some of the music is in europe, and specically speaking of Italy think they only sing opera,im sure no one here know who MINA is...or Giorgia or Jovanotti or Zucchero and on and on, Laura pausini is famous all of Latin america and Europe as Was MINA who was wayyyyyyyyyyyy better singer and still is, Anyway i might move to Canada for someone i fell for, im not feeling the USA like i did when i was younger, our Goverment is just as corrupt as Latin America/ and Other countries
 TygerLaw
Msg: 833
Posted: 9/22/2008 4:14:33 PM
http://www.tntisland.com/countries.html is the list of all the Brit Commonwealth Countries, Canada being one. So one can sugar coat they're independent from a country (because they signed a piece of paper, from what I've personally seen every day...contracts are highly negotiable as to their terms, but sure Canadians want to believe they're sovereign and that's fine. My kid thinks so too, and I'll even sign a treaty that says so, until I tell him to do something)...maybe being independent and having a monarchy head of state can mean sovereign from the Monarchy itself outside of the States, but internally they don't coincide, which is why we're not a colony of the Monarchy anymore lol.

About me not reading well, it's more of a situation of you not knowing what you write. You say immigrants come to America because of geographic ease/location, I refuted that leftist theory with common sense. Immigrants go where they think they have the best deal, of which my mom was one, and she's not from a Latin country. Every year that country of choice so many immigrants pick is here and why we're the number 1 choice, the US, The Melting Pot, The Land Of Opportunity etc... and of course immigrants mostly come from 3rd world countries, most countries ARE 3rd world countries. (http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world_countries.htm) That is of course 3/4 of the world still equals "most" outside of the US too...
 spcl_1
Msg: 834
Posted: 9/22/2008 5:26:56 PM
first off, why do you feel that someone couldn’t find love in they’re own country.. as this site says plenty of fish! I have a hard time believing that you can’t find someone in your own country hon.. as for me I couldn’t see myself doing something like that, I did work with a woman who met a guy off the net, he was in the states, she lived up here, he moved up here and I believe they are married now.. I know kind of debunks my previous statements!! lol.. but I didn’t see the point in it then, nor do I now..
 tonyyarusso
Msg: 835
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 12:00:30 AM
Heck yes. I'm considering moving to Canada anyway, so if I were to marry someone there that would simplify the paperwork. Generally, I wouldn't move for a just maybe relationship though, but a serious one I'd consider (especially involving Canada).
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 836
Posted: 10/26/2008 7:53:59 AM
Tim Horton's vs. Krispy Kreme? Nope... Can't move to Canada.
 er1ka
Msg: 837
Posted: 10/26/2008 10:51:07 AM
Well, I've recently decided that all the smart and good looking guys are located IN Canada.

So if I met one online, and we got to that level of talking/wanting to be together officially, then it'd have to be a mutual agreement on where we would move. if he wanted to move to the US, then I'd be game for that. If he wanted to stay in Canada, I'd be game to move up there. It would all depend on HOW STRONG I felt for him, though. I'm not about to move somewhere and then get stranded because of a stupid arguement.
 Kat0108
Msg: 838
Posted: 10/26/2008 11:01:33 AM
I spent the summer after college in Quebec and Ontario following a hunter/jumper show circuit. It was one of the coolest things I'd done. Besides learning how to order Dunkin' Donuts in french I loved it. I'd gladly go Canadian eh.

Renaissance Man 1950
Msg: 839
Posted: 10/26/2008 11:03:57 AM
It would have to be an extraordinary relationship, but sure. I used to spend a lot of time in Canada on business, and, while there are subtle cultural differences, it's not a "culture shock" for an American to be in Canada. In fact, in my experience, there is a greater similarity in many ways between someone from the Upper Midwest in the U.S. and someone in Western Ontario, than there is for someone from the upper Midwest and someone in Los Angeles, or in rural Alabama.
 gloryunbound
Msg: 840
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 11:04:32 AM
The way that the presidency is looking I may be headed to Canada anyway. Especially if all the Canadian men who have profiles here are as hot in person. I really would miss my Canadian hottie who is here though. Maybe I could get him to go back with me? : )
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 841
Posted: 10/26/2008 11:41:25 AM

Tim Horton's vs. Krispy Kreme? Nope... Can't move to Canada.

...Actually...a Krispy Kreme location just opened up not far from where I work...I still prefer the taste of Timmy's coffee, but if your a connoisseur of donuts, by all means head to Krispy Kreme

...maeflowers
 cotter
Msg: 842
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 6:45:10 PM
I wouldn't have a problem moving to Canada ... I grew up in Ohio and lived in Germany for 10 years (that's like Southern Canada) the weather wouldn't bother me. I got really spoiled by the Socialized Medicine in Germany, so I'd be thrilled if I moved up there and could get the medical coverage.

The only problem would be finding work ... I have no clue if they recognize my nursing abilities there. I really should ask ... eh? I've seen some pretty desirable Canadian men on here ...
 HarDayKnight
Msg: 843
Posted: 10/26/2008 8:31:12 PM
If I were to pick somewhere to move, just because of the attractiveness of the women... Based on the number of profiles I click on (super hotties) that turn out to live in Canada, I'd have to choose Toronto or Vancouver. I hate cold weather and snow though. I fought the cold and was snowed in enough as a teenager (in the VA mountains) to last me a lifetime.
 cotter
Msg: 844
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 9:29:54 PM
Awww C'mon Roger ... where is your spirit of adventure? You know you can always buy a snow blower so you won't get snowed in anymore ...
 ceeceekitty
Msg: 845
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 9:33:49 PM
Nope, not even for the socialized medicine.
Besides, I love being on this side of the border.
ceecee
 EasyRidin
Msg: 846
Posted: 10/26/2008 9:34:41 PM

cotter: The only problem would be finding work ... I have no clue if they recognize my nursing abilities there. I really should ask ... eh? I've seen some pretty desirable Canadian men on here ...

While I'm not 100% sure... I think your training as a US nurse would be highly regarded.

Don't hesitate, come on over, also for the men.

To answer the question myself, I'd have no trouble relocating for a true love. If I found a sweetie I got along with wonderfully and we both fell in love, and she'd rather stay in the US - or couldn't do otherwise - I'm there!
 *mae* flowers
Msg: 847
Posted: 10/26/2008 9:41:49 PM

I've seen some pretty desirable Canadian men on here ...

..Yup there certainly are some Northern hotties on this site alright...and I'm sure all to willing to warm you up on a chilly night cotter

...maeflowers
 Sivoph
Msg: 848
Posted: 10/26/2008 10:03:29 PM
If she offered to airlift my city, friends and job included, to wherever she was by helicopter...I would consider it.
 TropicalCs
Msg: 849
Posted: 10/26/2008 10:14:09 PM
Nope......I'm an American....US of A.......but she could move here.........
 A_wild _rose
Msg: 850
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2008 10:23:28 PM
Yes I would as long distance is a hard on a relationship so I would move to either side of the border or whatever state or province. Find love will travel
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?