Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canad      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brunett27
Msg: 882
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?Page 37 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
Very unlikely for me. I love the U.S.A too much. He'd have to move here if he loves me enough to do so....
 behindcloseddoor
Msg: 883
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 11/5/2008 7:49:44 AM
thats the beautiful thing about Calgary Alberta ,the chinook winds that keep us so warm through the winter. sure we get the lil'cold snaps but then they are gone and we are out BBQ'n again in shorts and t-shirts. can kick back on the patio or take a drive up to Banff and go ski'n ...GOD's country.
 Cowboybt5
Msg: 884
view profile
History
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 11/5/2008 9:14:35 PM
Post #891, I have stood shoulder to shoulder with Canadian service men. And I respect and am honored to have met and known them. As a US solder, I respect Canada as a neighbor and those men and women who have put themselves in harms way for love of country, even if not speciffically supporting a given conflict.
 Chevy Girl 78
Msg: 885
Posted: 11/6/2008 5:43:54 AM
Give up being an igloo dwelling communist for love? No way, eh!
 pinciperro
Msg: 886
Posted: 11/6/2008 6:32:16 AM
Although I do think Canada is a beautiful country, I would have to say no that I wouldn't move there if I met someone on here.
I love the United States, warts and all. Plus I love my two children dearly and could not be that far away.
Quite frankly, I would not engage in serious conversations with a man from Canada because it would not be fair to him, or me.
 4Suns3
Msg: 887
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2008 9:19:32 PM
If I would obtain a similiar paying job in Canada & met a wonderful Canadian guy, I'd be back to Canada in an instant!! No Question about that! There would be no fear, I'm Canadian & I know what to love & expect!
 4Suns3
Msg: 888
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2008 9:43:14 PM
Racer71, you are very misinformed about health care in Canada. Very. I have lived in both places. It is way more expensive for health care in the U.S. You are very wrong about the quality of health care in Canada. My brother happens to be a Gastroenterologist. Canadians are better educated in their Universities. You actually have to have a very high GPA to get admittance into a Canadian University. There are quotas. To get into Sciences, you have to have a minimum of 86%, based on that particular year. Here in the U.S., you can buy a degree with a C average! The quality of education is no comparison to the education in Canada! Here, the majority of students can't pass the state exams! In Edmonton Catholic Schools, 75% of students are above proficiency levels!!!When I left Canada, I was paying $33 for 3 months of health care. University students have free health care & back then, anyone who made under $10,000. Canada takes care of their people. Unlike the U.S. who dump the poor on the streets of L.A. who don't have health care insurance. People here go into major debt if they get really sick. Watch "Sicko" by Michael Moore. I had a health insurance card that I would give to the pharmacist to receive prescription drugs. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A CO-PAY in Canada nor do we have to pay to use the Emergency in hospitals. We also can go to ANY doctor & ANY hospital that we choose!! No such thing in the U.S.! You need to check out your facts & research before spewing non-facts about Canada!
 glengarriff
Msg: 889
Posted: 11/9/2008 10:56:18 AM

It is bad enough that I live next to lake erie and get the canadian cold coming from canada off the lake.

Here I am living on the North Shore of Erie, and I find the wind coming from the south seems to be coldest! Sounds like Free Trade in action Cheryl.

Yes, I would move to the States for love. Have to be the real thing though, since I love living here. Well, except for Feb and March !
 johnzzz
Msg: 890
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2008 7:47:51 PM
i like canada its people diversity and the fact that most problems that canadians complain about are actually quit trivial compareded to many other nations around the globe it has been rated as a top nation to live in by the united nations for several years. though ccanadians and americans share simularities canadians differ greatly when it comes to political social responsibilities than the states; we are often bombarded with u.s media such as cnn, fox, nbc, spokan news, tbs, etc more so than our own news so u.s politics sort of overshadow our own for instance the campaighns for obama. had more coverage than our recent election for stephan harper. so i think canadians cant help but get offended by some policies in the states and i think may share some of the same grievences as many other nations about some foreign policies.made in the last eight or so years however politics aside i feel amaricans come off as average ordinary people who are making it in the world the best they can and based on the few i had met maybe their is a bit to much demonization of u.s citizens
 moparfrank
Msg: 891
Posted: 11/21/2008 11:13:48 AM
It's been 35 years since I was in a situation where I was truly 'bitten by the love-bug'. Jenni lived in Spokane and travelled here to meet me and then I went to see her a few months later. I was working steadily for the following year and no more visits occurred. It became nothing more than a 'pen-pal' relationship and I was in no position to compete with other guys closer to her, (geographically speaking). I did sense, all those years ago, that she would have been agreeable to moving here but we were still impressionable teenagers, just getting our feet wet in the real world.
The last I heard from her was in mid-'75? when she wrote me that she was married. I do know that she had a family and I also heard that she had divorced only recently, and may already be re-married, but that's just 'here-say'.
There hasn't been a month gone by that I haven't thought about her. I just hope she's happy and healthy.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?