Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 sunshineheart
Msg: 243
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?Page 5 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
I would never never never leave CANADA for the USA!!! I love Canada and think it is one of the best places in the world to live.

The USA on the other hand, turns me off completly. I dont like the politics, the patriotism, the priorities.

Just give me lots of trees, untouched wilderness and a good social system...and I couldn't care less about the dominant and military oriented country to the south. Ive lived as far north as pavement goes and would be happy to live there again.

And, I would never leave my home to pursue an online-long distance -relationship. If a man is sincerly interested in pursuing such a relationship with me, he can relocate to the area where I am. My own , and my children's stability are far too important
 sunshineheart
Msg: 246
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 10/25/2006 9:37:57 PM
Thanks for demonstrating my point exactly loveisaclickaway! Thats the good ole' USA patriotism I was talking about!
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 248
view profile
History
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 10/26/2006 10:27:25 AM

Well sunshineheart, we have lots of trees, untouched wilderness but we don't have a communist social system...as for our military...you don't need one because you sissy's know we will always protect you...so that you can keep bowing to your ugly queen.

Uhhhhh take a history lesson before making such silly a55ed statements.
The 1st 1000 bomber raid over germany ....... consisted of not a single american plane, that was only in a hollywood movie not reality
Same conflict Canada started out with next to no navy and by the end of it had the 3 or 4th most powerful navy on the seas ....... we aren't pacifists up here, we just don't think blazing guns is the answer to every problem. When the call comes or the danger warrants you can expect us to be right in there .... along side the brits and aussies, never giving up untill the job is done. (Vietnam ring any bells?)

The list of contradictions to this posters statements are virtually endless, so i'll get back to carving snow blocks for my igloo.

And for the OP, since I am a NCP with 2 wonderful children to consider, I won't move across the province let alone across the border.
 tiggy77
Msg: 254
view profile
History
Posted: 11/1/2006 5:46:05 AM
I know i am not canadian, but just wanted to add that i have lived in london, then moved to spain for 4 1/2 years and will possibly be following my dreams and going to live with someone in Florida............so if u love someone, sieze the day, have the adventure, even if it doesn´t work out in the end - think of what stories u will have to tell.
 NatGoat
Msg: 259
Posted: 1/4/2007 12:32:01 AM
* ~IN A _MINUITE_~!!! {or..is that a Minuette...??}
Canadian Women are Great..!
My buddy in Ft. Erie married a Yank..so..I wanna get BACK at him..!!!
...Make me an _OFFER_...!!!
... ...
 JustCallMeMike
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2007 3:04:19 AM
Let me put it like this...Canadian is nothing compared to my willingness to move all the way to New Zealand to be with the woman of my life at the time.
 fwblooking
Msg: 262
Posted: 1/4/2007 1:29:06 PM
As a professional soldier who has lived in many places all over the world, I can say yes... I would move for the right woman. While I was stationed at Ft. Lewis in Washington, I had many opportunities to visit Vancouver, and it is one of the most wonderful places I have been to. Canadian people are some of the warmest, friendliest people who have never shot at me... and I would love to go there again someday.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 263
Posted: 1/4/2007 1:39:09 PM
Who is going to support me while the US govt decides if I am fit to have a green card?? Odd how no one ever seems to stop and think about that little detail.

It is not an open border...there are a lot of little details, like IMMIGRATION laws.....

sweetcurves
Msg: 265
Posted: 1/4/2007 1:41:05 PM
^^^^^^

US Immigration will not allow you to live in the US without a sponsor (family or fiance) who can prove that they can support you above the poverty line (it's a specific percentage). Although you can get a work permit while you are waiting for your green card.

I WISH I could just up and move to the US. I want warm weather year round!
 sweetcurves
Msg: 267
Posted: 1/4/2007 1:45:10 PM
If you're from Detroit you can always date from the Windsor area, can't you.

Worry about the who is going to live where thing when it comes up.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 269
Posted: 1/4/2007 3:10:07 PM
Under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)

The proposed implementation timeline has two phases:

Beginning January 23, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document, or an Alien Registration Card, Form I-551, if applicable.

As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.
 iamabrat
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2007 10:33:57 PM
My biggest fear would be moving to a strange town and not knowing anyone. I'm not so concerned about my health coverage...but I think if you moved here..that would be much better....
 Mizzezprez
Msg: 275
Posted: 1/11/2007 10:35:44 PM
I was faced with this decision on more than one occasion. I met a really awesome guy, we totally hit it off and dated for 3 years long distance. We would both argue about who was moving and when etc.

The problem with that is, usually unless the person wants to leave then someone is always going to be bitter that they had to make the move. You can't force someone to give up thier life to take a chance on something so far away from any support system.

It's the scariest thing in the world, you'll know it if it's worth it. If you have to question yourself, wait until you are sure, and if you are never sure and just do it you'll never truly be happy because you will always hold that grudge.

Brooke
 techgirl27
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2007 9:21:45 AM
I personally did the immigration thing once already (ex is British), and don't care to go through it again. It is a pain in the rear to put it mildly. And I personally would not leave the US permanently so that means I would have to sponsor them locally. Do you KNOW how backlogged those service centers are?? That will kill your relationship before you can say immigration visa.

The person I have been talking with lately is a nice fit though. He is American (lived in Texas his whole life) but his mom is English. I think I may have struck a chord with him on this as I lived over there for 7 years.
 subtle_savage
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2007 10:22:07 PM
There are a lot of great people in the States.

But it would take a very very special type of elf for me to want to move down there into the depths of Mordor.
 Challenge
Msg: 289
 Stargazer46
Msg: 296
Posted: 1/13/2007 1:47:16 PM
Well. For starters, Canada's climate is fantastic for active outdoor sorts. Moreover, half my relatives live permanently now in Canada as my mother is an immigrant from the [then] British West Indies. Then there are Canada's natural resources -- from its mountains to its um, "representative adult male POF humans" -- both plentiful and quite splendid on the eyes. For these 3 reasons among others, "Yes. i would. Yes. i would. Yes".
 Tarika
Msg: 299
 studplayrico
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2007 4:57:56 PM
though question, i'll reconsider, but if i find someone great defenately will move.
 CrackedHalo
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 9:30:53 AM
It would have to be a "for sure" relationship. I could see me moving to the U.S. but the chances of me ever being that sure of a man are slim to none, hehe.........i think i am stuck in the great white north!
 babygirl3796
Msg: 308
Posted: 1/18/2007 5:09:59 AM
I would not, will not move to the states.........love to Visit, but Canada is my home........and I for one am dam proud to be a Canadian.......

When I first got online, chatted with a guy from the states, even while I was still in my marriage, first as friends then after the marriage disolved we continued to chat, chatted for over NINE years.......love that man to pieces, still do, probably always will........but that was the major problem for us.........He loved his country.....worked for the National Guard, and I loved mine.......was hard to finally admit.......that our future as anything more was impossible.....but we remained friends till he passed away awhile ago.......and there is not a day I dont miss him.......sometimes I wonder.......but doubt that I would ever change my mind about moving.....
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >