Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DesertFox3
Msg: 371
view profile
History
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?Page 6 of 37    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37)
I work with children and in health-care. I cannot stand the US system- I could never live here- I want to help all children- not just those whose mommy's and daddy's are rich or have good insurance- often they need the least help anyway.

Well put!!
I'm glad to see someone working in Health Care is sincere & caring!

& if you ever tried to see a doctor in the U.S. without insurance you would know how greedy & corrupt the U.S. Health Care system is.

Aside from the cold weather (which I've gotten used to), I would gladly relocate to Canada... not to mention the failing lackluster economy in the U.S.
 Change Of Pace
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 5/20/2007 12:31:25 AM
I moved to England for someone...I'd happily move back to the States for someone!! Just kidding...if it's love and you think it's right you have to follow your heart with loads of common sense thrown in.

Never say never--life's far too short!
 CreativeAdventurer
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someone on here?
Posted: 5/20/2007 12:34:22 PM
I am proof that it works.I met a French Canadian babe while living in Florida and followed her to British Cloumbia. Although I am divorced , I have been living on Vancouver I sland for the past 26 years and you can not beat the beauty, the cleaniness, the abundance of natural seafoods,the ocean etc. I could go on and on . The Canadian women are equally as beautiful and sexual as the American women.
The winters are trying and I am going to beat that by buying a duplex on Topsail Island and spend my winters in Sunny North Carolina......and let the wind blow.
ps. I'm still looking for the one....I would move to ???? jimmy
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 383
Posted: 7/17/2007 3:39:40 PM
Perhaps when my child is grown up, I might consider moving for someone who is THE ONE!

But it would be a difficult choice and I would never leave without returning for visits. I love Canada. I love that our country has every kind of beauty imaginable from oceans and lakes and rivers, to forests, to desert conditions complete with to farmland covered with the blossoms of flax so blue it looks like a field of water or yellow mustard or golden waving wheat and barley, to desert conditions. I love that we look after the citizens who cannot look after themselves (or at least try our best to!). I love that no one has to go without healthcare or food regardless of their social and financial circumstances. I love that so many of our folks enjoy meeting and socializing with new people both from our own country and abroad.

It's a terrific place with terrific people. You should all come visit but make sure you tour the country--Vancouver and Toronto do not represent our country, every place has something special and wonderful to offer!
Nutt
 Debbishoe
Msg: 387
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2007 6:01:30 PM
Being American, I would say yes but if I were Canadian, NO.
 harleycwgrl74
Msg: 394
Posted: 7/17/2007 9:35:41 PM
I agree with Mtloophiker^^^^ From what I understand people in East Germany had more personal freedoms then most Americans (depending on City and State of course) and that was BEFORE the wall came down!!! I guess my decision would be based on many factors but in the long run if it was for the better yeah I would move to Canada (however I would perfer somewhere I could ride all year long too)
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 396
Posted: 7/17/2007 10:30:25 PM
kaisenji: There are always good and bad aspects of every person and location.

As to the cost of land: that depends on where you go. Land near the larger cities is much more expensive than land a little more remote. Plus land in the prairies, I believe, would be less expensive than land in British Columbia and Ontario. There are also places out of town that will board horses--at least outside Saskatoon there are.

As for taxes: they are based on your income. So if you make less money then you pay less taxes. I have been a single mom for 13 years (or 14 if you count gestation). My parents helped me a bit with my downpayment, but I pay for a home and own my own vehicle with no extra help from my parents and no child support. I live in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

Not that I am saying everyone will move here, but I thought some people may be interested in taking a peek at costs of homes/land in different areas of Canada for curiosity's sake. http://remax.ca/

I've read some comments that relate the United States to living in a dictatorship. If anyone would like to explain that opinion, I would be interested in hearing. I like to learn about other people, counties, cultures. Feel free to message me privately, since it probably is off the topic of this particular thread.

Nutt
 countrycanuck85
Msg: 397
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2007 10:33:44 PM
Nope....that's too big a risk for a just a person. Come on...there's gotta be more eligible people in my own country.

I don't even think I'd change towns or provinces too willingly. And I wouldn't expect it of anyone to move for me either.

Plus, who'd want to leave the best country in the world? That'd be like giving up ice cream for frozen yogourt! lol
 * Succinct *
Msg: 400
Posted: 7/18/2007 6:49:53 AM
for the right woman I would move anywhere....even venus, it may mean a period of adjustment but at least it would be warmer than mars.
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 404
Posted: 7/19/2007 6:39:24 PM
kaisenji, that link wasn't directed at you, but for anyone who has a curiousity about it. It contains links to the States, and, if I remember correctly, other international locations.

Anyway, I'm not particularly into camping unless it's not in a tent. We tented when I was a child and I have no fond memories of that. If you're ever here for a visit, let me know--we can have coffee or supper or something.

Nutt
 Mystic77
Msg: 418
Posted: 7/21/2007 9:01:30 AM
I would move for the rite man..........
 woobytoodsday
Msg: 427
Posted: 7/27/2007 2:51:34 PM

I'd move to canada in a heartbeat...for the health insurance

I'm on Medicare -- for which I've paid my whole working life life. . . . And which will not cover me out of country. . . . Gotta love it, eh?

Sweetlilmeee
Msg: 436
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:18:13 AM
Totally! I mean if I wasn't about to start school here...
 cotter
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2007 12:49:51 AM
I moved to Florida so I wouldn't have to deal with the snow and cold anymore (sigh ... I fell on the ice twice in 11 months and my back has not been the same since). I'm a nurse and do not know if the Canadian Gov't. would acknowledge my credentials. Without being able to work as a nurse, I would not be able to support myself.

So if I were to find a man and want to move to (Canada) to be with him ... I'm thinking he's gonna have to support us both until I figure out a way to work up there. Okay, granted I'm getting up in years, so I guess I could become a "Wal-Mart Greeter" or something like that ... do they have "Wal-Mart" up there?

The bottom line is that I'd go where my man wants me ... he'd be the most important thing to me in my life.
 ChocolateNutt
Msg: 441
Posted: 8/17/2007 4:04:40 PM
neilalagel: there are plenty of desert conditions in Canada. There is a lot more to Canada than Vancouver and Toronto!

Nutt
 designingwoman
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2007 7:52:34 PM
If Mitt the Nitwit Romney becomes our next president I will be tempted to seek political asylum in Canada!!
 NatGoat
Msg: 450
Posted: 8/26/2007 9:31:59 AM
To quote the Prophet . .
'Oh , Hell Yeah !!!'
I spent all my summers, as a youth, in Canada{Ont} [ I _Still_ -Proudly- consider myself 1/2 Canadian . . !!!] and can attest that
Canadian Chicks R O C K . . !!!
She'd get to make my Last profile update, here . .
Laughing at all the others that passed me By . . !!
 Ravenstar66
Msg: 452
view profile
History
 7upguy
Msg: 456
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someon
Posted: 5/11/2008 8:52:51 AM
I would but she would have to take my son and I together that is the only way I would. Go and I'm not going to go as a bf a would go as a husband we would have to get married before I went
 joanie23
Msg: 458
Would you Canadians move to the U.S,Would you Americans move to Canada if you met someon
Posted: 5/11/2008 12:08:38 PM
I would move to the U.S. in a heartbeat. It is a beautiful country and the people are so nice.
 Merrylass
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 1:40:25 PM
I'd consider a 6 month here, 6 month there arrangement but I'd miss Tim's and Caramilks and sane government too much to stay down South fulltime. However I'd not go at all while this administration is still in power and I doubt I'd do so if the Repubs win again. Too much stupid in the higher echelons for my taste.
 mthomjmark
Msg: 464
Posted: 5/13/2008 3:02:40 PM
Americans dont realize that most other countries think we are fat, not that educated, and spoiled. They are probably right. Canada is way too cold for me, and dont tell me it isn't it is. But I bet not to many Canadians would want to come here.

Terrible economy, paying some of the highest taxes in the world while getting so little in return; worst STD rate of any first world country in history (25% of teens), a health care system that makes HMO's rich while we pay higher rates; a school system that is one of the worst among first world countries.

The most violent first world country in history with more gun crime than anyone; A 51% divorce rate and its worse for those living together. yea the U.S. is awesome.
 clasact
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 4:00:23 PM
<----Would move to Canada, yes. I like the snow.
Q:"What would be your fear in making the move?" A:- Nothing.
 SpaceSquirrel
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 5/13/2008 9:07:08 PM
I would LOVE to move to Canada ... doing so for love would certainly be a bonus, but by no means a pre-requisite. I've been tempted to try to move to Seattle to facilitate meeting people and/or applying for jobs in Canada ;)

In post 757 neilalagel talked of being "an American trapped with a Canadian citizenship" ... I'm the reverse ... sometimes it feels like I "should" have been born Canadian, but happen to be American. I enjoy "dementia" music (The genre on the Dr. Demento show ... Weird Al Yankovic being the best known exmaple) with several of my favorite groups being Canadian and favorite songs about Canada. I grew up in semi-rural Michigan, so feel like I'm almost halfway toward being Canadian anyway, and have no problems with the cold and snow, but if it gets much over 30 C (86 F) I start to wilt. I've considered moving to Alaska as well as Canada.

A few Canadians have mentioned not wanting to give up "Tim's" ... if this means Tim Hortons, they have long since expanded to the states (I used to stop there when I lived near Detroit, MI). According to their website they have stores in CT, KY, MA, ME, MI, NY, OH, PA, RI, and WV, so I guess you'd be restricted to the Northeast and Midwest, but is still better than nothing ;).

I think my biggest fear in making the move would be finding employment as the economy is sometimes a bit stronger in the US. That and trying to get my mom to come visit (she isn't as big a fan of the cold).

So, any Canadians out there want to help me plan a visit ;).

--SpaceSquirrel
 WanderingRain
Msg: 477
view profile
History
Posted: 9/18/2008 11:21:39 PM
For a while, I was going to, actually. Go visit Canada just for a girl. She was wonderful and we had long conversations on here. She's still the most awesome yet I have met on PoF.
She either got busy or found someone, but she does not answer my mails anymore. I'd like to think she met her man up there... I'm happy if she's happy so I guess I'll have to look for another Canadian. There's so many lovely Canadian girls up there.
And a good number of them write really good profiles.

Also, the more I learn about Canada, the more I admire the country and fall in love with it. So we'll see...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >