Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arri
Msg: 26
Do women really like to hunt and fish?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
It is a composite bow .. carefully crafted by hand in the traditional ways.

But I have never shot my arrow in anger
 Paso Doble
Msg: 27
Do women really like to hunt and fish?
Posted: 12/22/2005 1:40:21 PM
But I have never shot my arrow in anger

Ladies... any archers out there?
 any1real?
Msg: 28
Posted: 12/22/2005 1:41:25 PM
^^^^ Arri, just kidding. I know it's not for real killing - right?
 arri
Msg: 29
Posted: 12/22/2005 1:47:40 PM
I was really talking about the arrow in my pants
 buzzingbee
Msg: 30
Posted: 12/22/2005 1:49:52 PM
I'm a 'passive fisherwoman' who always joined for fishing if it was one of his passions. Being out is just so nice.

Hunting? No, thank you and not even in a 'metaphoric' way.

there are other activities that keep me fit though. Care to join me for swim?

buzz
 any1real?
Msg: 31
Posted: 12/22/2005 1:55:32 PM
Dang! Didn't know we discussing that hunting! Then I have to change my answer:

Hunting? Yes!
 Keptreal
Msg: 32
Posted: 12/22/2005 1:59:38 PM
...hey..wkd2006...fishing's great..but why would you kill Bambi...you would not be liked by Rudolph and the rest of my reindeer.
 Paso Doble
Msg: 33
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:03:45 PM
but why would you kill Bambi...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not to worry Keptreal... Bambie is safe when I am around... its something about this thing called accuracy!!!
 bugsybears
Msg: 34
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:04:42 PM
yeah there are women out there that like to fish. di sure does.
 rainy_day1975
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:07:39 PM
I love fishing, camping, hiking and most of that outdoor stuff - grew up a farm kid...

Don't hunt, not sure I'd be able to kill something, but my ex hunted and I love wild game... I always wanted to try archery. Seems like more fun than darts - which I'm not very good at.
 livewirehere
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:12:11 PM
I have a few female friends who do hunt and fish with their spouses... You have to be able to sit still and be quiet for a long time. Not my thing, but I've tried many times~~~~
 tooindependent
Msg: 37
We are out there!!!
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:16:26 PM
I spent two decades hunting game behind hounds on my own (bear hunting with hounds is a passion of mine). Spent three years up in AK in the commercial fishing industry (most out of Dutch Harbor) of which my off time was spect sport fishing, crabbing for fun, and shrimping.

Though I had to sell off the hounds after I sold my house in Idaho this summer, illegal to hunt bear with hounds here in WA, I still am a licensed master of hounds and conformation judge so I still go to competition coonhunts when I get a chance, was at one last weekend to be honest. I have to admit that opening day of rifle season here dad and grandpa brough a buck home each, of which I spent about two hours dressing out and a few days later ended up doing 1/4 of the cut and wrap by myself.

I still have friends around the globe that are hunters where I have an open invite; however cannot seem to find a signicant other to share that with me and am always way overbooked to justify going out of the country on my own (moose hunting in Sweden and hog/deer hunting in Germany are tops on my list until I can afford to leopard hunt over dogs in Africa).

I admit that I am not much of a bird hunter at all. Truth be told I am a working dog junkie so I am too busy watching the dogs more than worrying about the birds. Been out quite a bit handling the dogs for hunters though and had a blast on foot and horseback. Bout the only bird hunting I have done on my own was turkey, which I hooked up several friends with their birds.

I spent some time in Idaho during deer/elk seasons working the check stations and taking brain samples for CWD. Both as a hunter on my own in the woods and working check stations I have ran into several women hunting on their own daily. Sometimes a few women would get together and leave the men at home and take the dog out for grouse or band together and hunt deer or elk with out a man around. I myself have shot deer and brought home fish just going out with the girls (and no none of us were overweight, lesbians, bisexuals, or butch). There seems to be no 'common' age as I have seen a group of 16 YO's in daddy's truck to a couple 40-50+ YO women out hunting on their own.

In my life I constantly run into wives, girlfriends, and single gals that want to break into hunting of some sort but just aren't sure how to go about it. Many of them were exposed by Bf's, brothers, friends, or parents and rendered inept because they were female (the ol' you'll never understand mentality). Rather than encouraged and taught like their green male counterparts a lot of women are passed off on by the men around them. Then they meet me and I get SO MANY questions from them. They meet a female that hunts on her own and are immediately drawn to conversing about hunting to get their burning questions answered. I've takes several women out to teach to shoot, outdoor survival, animal behavior, etc and got them hooked up with people who could help them get out there in the woods. I've been on hunts where the whole week not one man killed a bear but the wives took them, some with bows. Hunted with several women who were married to men that didn't hunt as well.

Granted I do know some women that hunt and bring home the meat that will not eat it themselves, but love to be out hunting. I also know a lot of women that love to go to elk/moose/bear camp and cook for the guys (can't shoot big game) and do some riding around the roads plucking grouse on their own while the guys are out hunting (some make a mean grouse/mushroom stew too).

So yes, we are out there. Out west there's a lot of us in ID, MT, WA, OR that I know of. But trust me, some find a good man right out of the gate and get snatched up right quick. (really what decent man is going to let a woman go that buys him a $3000 hunting dog when he sees one he likes, runs the dogs to the vet while he's at work, and buys him new toys for Birthdays and Christmas?)
 squirrly
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:16:50 PM
well yeah I would do all those things( except hunt) just not on a regular basis....once in a while is fine by me. But then I might break a nail. hehe
 Lux_Interior
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:20:14 PM
Yes AND no. I'm not into hunting, unless with a camera. Fishing is ok for a day, but I'd much prefer to eat what we catch and I wouldn't want to make an entire weekend of fishing. I like camping, (one of the situations where you'd be fishing) even though I really hate bugs. If I couldn't handle bugs at all, much as I hate them, I'd never leave my house, so obviously I manage.

I'm not keen on football much, though I do adore hockey.
 Paso Doble
Msg: 40
We are out there!!!
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:23:56 PM
So yes, we are out there. Out west there's a lot of us in ID, MT, WA, OR that I know of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I thought... its a geographic thing!!!
 trailertrashh
Msg: 41
We are out there!!!
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:31:57 PM
Not only do I but I train duck dogs for a living. I carry a fishing pole in my truck so I could just stop if I see a spot. Its the men that say they fish and I ask where then the answer is well I havent been for a while.
 Paso Doble
Msg: 42
We are out there!!!
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:34:47 PM
Its the men that say they fish and I ask where then the answer is well I havent been for a while.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep... you got me... love to fish... just haven't been for a while!
 Keptreal
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:35:50 PM
wkd2006.....to answer your original question"Do women like to hunt and fish. Get this, my Mom would go deer hunting every year and fishing almost every weekend during the summer,always with Dad.,she would even get out there and find the worms with a flashlight the night before.Damn she could even show you how to skin a deer.Unfortunately they are divorced now.Never heard them argue at all when they got home from their hunting and fishing together.Maybe it was my upbringing but I don't like to hunt,but if my future partner wanted to go hunting with the girls,go for it. I'll have dinner ready when she gets home.
 trailertrashh
Msg: 44
We are out there!!!
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:37:43 PM
wkd2006-Do you use a bobber too
 Paso Doble
Msg: 45
We are out there!!!
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:40:33 PM
I refuse to answer on the grounds that I may be intimidated... ah um incriminated!
 trailertrashh
Msg: 46
We are out there!!!
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:42:05 PM
You are the one that started it. Just like a man...wont finish it
 Paso Doble
Msg: 47
We are out there!!!
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:44:35 PM
Ok! Ok! Just give me a sec... maybe... sometimes!

And besides... I'm brave too!!!
 livewirehere
Msg: 48
We are out there!!!
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:54:34 PM
I grew up in the Midwest and fished in Northern Minnesota every year for more years than I can count... My dad taught me to hunt when I was about 10 years old... It's just part of growing up in that part of the country, I guess~~
 mickeymorton
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 2:55:24 PM
Reading this thread reminds me of a joke-

Why do women like hunters?
They always go deep in the bush
They always shoot twice
They always eat what they shoot...

arri
Msg: 50
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:02:05 PM
City boys like me prefer a nicely trimmed potting green to the bush any day ...
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?