Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cndykissez
Msg: 51
Do women really like to hunt and fish?Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
lol....I grew up in the country so I like all that outdoors stuff....lol....fishing is my favorite...plus if it didnt my dad would have made life hell
 Keptreal
Msg: 52
Do women really like to hunt and fish?
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:15:15 PM
..I came from a large family of three sisters and two brothers. I can remember fishing with eight of us in this 16 ft boat with only four seats. Every time you had to cast your line it was required that you say "everybody duck!!". One time the boat was taking in water,apparently the plug wasn't tight and we lost it somewhere two miles from shore. It was the funniest thing all of us cupping our hands trying to get rid of the water as Dad floored it towards shore.Oh the memories are bitter sweet.
 sister_wife2005
Msg: 53
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:19:19 PM
As a young girl growing up in the country, I loved to fish, still do but fishing is a bit difficult in the large city I live in. I also used to hunt although dad felt that shooting a deer was a little outside of my league the gun was too large, however I have shot any number of rabbits and squirrils that plagued our garden and yard.

Kara
 Lachrymal
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:47:05 PM
I'm sure the topic has now been debated well. And there is no need to holler and say "YES I FISH AND BAIT MY OWN HOOK!"

*raises hand* count me in.
 Paso Doble
Msg: 55
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:48:19 PM
Oh the memories are bitter sweet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember that dad would lecture us boys on how to set the hook... one day he set the hook so hard that he fell out of the boat. Yes... those were the days!
 Paso Doble
Msg: 56
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:51:03 PM
"YES I FISH AND BAIT MY OWN HOOK!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tis' music to my ears!
 GrannyApple
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:56:27 PM
Listen to Granny: My mother loves fishing. She and my father used to go all the time.
And my sister-in-law loves to hunt. She always bags her deer. In fact, when she was pregnant for my beautiful 13-year-old niece, she and my brother went out to her deer blind, she shot the deer, she gutted the deer, and he hauled it back to the truck.

If I met a man who enjoyed hunting and fishing, I'd beg him to take me along.
 Paso Doble
Msg: 58
Posted: 12/22/2005 3:59:57 PM
If I met a man who enjoyed hunting and fishing, I'd beg him to take me along.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the spirit!!
 Sniper308
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:01:57 PM
Most don't like to hunt... though some will fish, but they don't see the hypocrisy. A few guys I know have wives who hunt and their families are very close, which I admire.
 allie1981
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:05:08 PM
I don't know any! The question should be are there any men who like to shop? lol
 Paso Doble
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:07:18 PM
The question should be are there any men who like to shop?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah... Yes... do I detect the sound of a woman that likes to hunt big game? (the mall)
 Sniper308
Msg: 62
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:07:44 PM

The question should be are there any men who like to shop?

Yes, actually, I do.
 Keptreal
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:14:10 PM
...I like to shop,like women shop for themselves,so do I. I buy my own clothes(hence the ugly red long sleeve shirt) golfing and fishing gear,beer & rye,groceries(pizza&t.v. dinners) I do own a freezer,electronics,video games,c'd's,dvd's,etc.
 Keptreal
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/22/2005 4:23:59 PM
...just bought a snow shovel for Mom and a hockey stick for sis'..god their hard to wrap.
 heavenscherubangel
Msg: 65
Posted: 12/22/2005 5:21:21 PM
I think it all depends on how or where the woman was raised....for most part.

I was the "boy my dad never had". I grew up in the country and went everywhere with my dad and that included hunting, fishing and campin'. I grew up on deer or moose meat...and to tell ya the truth, I prefer wild meat over beef...no preservatives or other God knows what else added to the meat. Still can't shoot or eat a rabbit though....lol..too dayum cute!!

Guess I still have a lot of "girley traits" too...I squirm more than the leach or dew-worm, while batin'...and if I catch a ling...I hate taking it off the hook, to throw back...ugly thing wraps itself around your arm!!
 diggydiggy
Msg: 66
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:07:04 PM
Fishing is kind of calming - maybe THAT's what has been missing from my life for all these years.... Seriously, I lived in a small town for a short while and would often go off on my own with a pole and a box to a nearby creek. I still don't know what to do with them when I catch them, and laugh if you will, but a good pair of latex gloves is a girl's best friend - that fish blood stinks........

It is really funny to see a fishing box with latex gloves and baby-wipes, but there it is, fishing, girl style.

Call me a sissy. I really don't care. Think a bit of me is supposed to be. It wasn't so much the fishing itself as the total sense of peace.
 acburbank97
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:11:54 PM
Yes....mine likes to fish, and being a BAMA grad she is way into her College Football!!!!
Knows how to shoot, but hasn't been hunting with me yet.....there are just some places like duck/ goose blinds that are not conduscive (sp?) to the spouse, not to mention the conversation in said blind. Dove & Quail hunting are OK though....
 acburbank97
Msg: 68
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:15:38 PM
lachrymal..
Hell, you're from The Republic of TEXAS...we expect our girls to hunt & fish!!
ALthough Austin does have its share of tree hugger/ sierra club/ peta types.
 ernie3746
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:17:03 PM
I'm a lady and I grew up fishing and i LOVE it! It's a wicked way to pass the time and drink beer and curse at fish that get away! How can you not like fishing ladies?
 misseyes
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:20:36 PM
Yes, hunting, fishing, camping, anything outside. I grew up with it so its a natural part of my life. My sisters and brother in laws are the same way. We have awesome camping and fishing trips.
 acburbank97
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:20:42 PM
Allie..
You're right, I don't know too many models that like to hunt & fish either....
I do know some who LOOK like they could model, but do hunt & fish...does that count?
 Paso Doble
Msg: 72
Posted: 12/22/2005 6:22:42 PM
It is really funny to see a fishing box with latex gloves and baby-wipes, but there it is, fishing, girl style.

Call me a sissy. I really don't care. Think a bit of me is supposed to be. It wasn't so much the fishing itself as the total sense of peace.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doesn't sound sissy to me... just a different style of fishin'!
 leovsvirgo
Msg: 73
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:26:44 PM
Yup, we are definatly out there.... I worked on commercial fishing boats for 5 years. I've hunted, helped skin the deer, helped package the meat. And this is going to sound really gross but, here it goes... we cooked up the heart and the liver that night and ate it with potatos , it was really really good.

Also, for my last year of fishing my skipper was a women she was stronger than a lot of men I've met.

I've done tree planting, it was tough but fun. And I do like to watch a game. As long as it has some action in it.
 terran991
Msg: 74
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:32:20 PM
from my experience the chances are about 1 in 10 that they will like to hunt and fish. Most women don't like getting their hands dirty of roughing it up......unless it's gardening

as far as killing animals... I'm a guy and don't agree with it... I will never kill any animal intentionally....
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2005 10:38:22 PM
I for one.... have my OWN boat... I have a horse trailer WITH a area for sleeping, etc. and I have put up a few tents in my days. I have a 16ga and a 20ga in my house, I have 10 acres and live on the National Forest... Love venison.. and love to cook. I salt water and fresh water fish, I can bait my own hook... take the fish off... clean it AND cook it!! (you can do the dishes)... OH.. and I do NOT get "headaches"... Yeppers.. we're out here....
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?