Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rhett1
Msg: 101
Do women really like to hunt and fish?Page 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Blastkist...I commend you, I WILL NOT touch a leech...eeewwwww!

Anyway, to answer the question, give me a fishing rod or a gun and I'm a happy girl! That sounds so barbaric, lol!

I have never been a "girly-girl", don't get me wrong, I like to do my nails, but they get in the way of changing a lure. I will wear make-up, but when you get up at 5:00 am, who wants to see raccoon eyes from mascara?
My goal this summer is to catch a halibut! I've done the salmon fishing, am totally addicted.

There is nothing more relaxing than camping. The smell of the fire, the sound of loons on a lake, a cool breeze in the evening.

Give me fishing, hunting and camping, anytime, over the things that some might see as more "feminine". I'm a tomboy at heart.
 Rhett1
Msg: 102
Do women really like to hunt and fish?
Posted: 12/23/2005 4:16:22 PM
Leovsvirgo: Hi from a homegrown BC girl!

Anyone who loves the outdoors and hasn't been to British Columbia...get your asses up here!

BC is beautiful! There is desert, grassland, ocean, lakes by the thousands, rivers that will take your breath away, rain forest, tundra, we have it all! Up north, there are moose the size of Mac trucks.
 pookhems
Msg: 103
Posted: 12/23/2005 4:22:08 PM
well I can say that I love to fish !!!
been fishing all my life,can even put my own worm on..........
there is nothing like walking the river with sun tan lotion on a few coolers tuck away !!!!
I even clean and gut.....
oh can even clean pike....
but I must say hunting is not for me
anyone wants to go fishing????
 Paso Doble
Msg: 104
Posted: 12/23/2005 4:24:11 PM
Anyone who loves the outdoors and hasn't been to British Columbia...get your asses up here!

Is this a "ladies only" invite or can the fellas come too?
 De-Bene-Esse
Msg: 105
Posted: 12/23/2005 4:28:19 PM
My lady collects pistols and target shoots.
I have to tell you....watching a beautiful woman shoot is just downright HOT.
 Supertrouper
Msg: 106
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:04:35 PM
"we just smell nicer, and we operate differently"

There's no question that you operate differently, however are you sure that you smell nicer
 suzy12280
Msg: 107
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:11:52 PM
yes i love to fish not so much into hunting
 Paso Doble
Msg: 108
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:38:17 PM
There's no question that you operate differently, however are you sure that you smell nicer

Hi Supertrouper... This statement was made by one of the ladies that posted a message earlier on the forum... she was refering to women in general.

The original statement she made was...

"we just smell nicer, and we operate differently"

And I agree with her... women do smell nicer!
 Supertrouper
Msg: 109
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:45:02 PM
^^^ sorry I was referring to her statement... not your opinion
 leovsvirgo
Msg: 110
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:50:13 PM
I think the BC statement refers to EVERYONE, definatly if you havn't been you should go...
 leovsvirgo
Msg: 111
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:51:09 PM
BTW wknd2006 I like how you keep on top of your forums
 Paso Doble
Msg: 112
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:52:58 PM
Thank you leovsvirgo... thanks for being apart of the forum!
 leovsvirgo
Msg: 113
Posted: 12/23/2005 5:54:40 PM
no problem, the way you respond to everyone makes it a worthwhile one to join in on.
 Gentle Breeze
Msg: 114
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:00:28 PM
~ Hunting and Fishing ~ I love to fish, only stream fishing though ~ as far as hunting ~ I have my PAL both for restricted and non~restricted ~ I like being in the bush ~ spotting mostly ~ but as far as the hunting goes, no ~ I do like to target shoot, paper targets that is ~ favourite gun ~ why a 22 of course ~ a sharpe shooter taught me, its not the size of the gun that counts when shooting paper targets, its the way you shoot that counts, although I have shot a variety of guns, that is with a muzzle break ~ too much of a kick otherwise ~ say your in a cacoon ~ try relocating back to a big city ~ me the redneck girl ~ who talks with the VERY FEW GUYS that know about this stuff ~ about hunting, fishing, and to top it off, my favourite sport that I do which is boxing ~ some guys think I am from outerspace ~ the city guys anyways
 Paso Doble
Msg: 115
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:04:37 PM
my favourite sport that I do which is boxing

Hi happiernowkim... I love it... a woman that knows how to fight! Hey guys... know how to duck?
 ladydi8
Msg: 116
Posted: 12/23/2005 6:53:23 PM
from tha time i was 3 untill i was 15, my daddy kept us kids in tha swamps every weekend...3 weeks solid at easter..we came out to bring tha game out...once it was cleaned we went back.....we hunted and fished and cleaned game...it wasnt until i was about 8 or 9 that i realized tha other kids at school didnt live like we did.........i stopped huntin in my 30's....well i really just switched to a camera...hahhah.....i camped with my kids and some of my aunts an uncles alot.......i continue to fish, and clean my own frogs, fish an turtle....i have showed my sons and nephews how to fillet fish.........i dont go to bars....but i fish at least 3 times a week and i named my dog fishbait........
........swamp princess............of bullfrog alley..........hahhahaha.........

....an i enjoy takin fishbait out an readin deer an hog sign when we can.....
 kingfisher1
Msg: 117
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:24:52 PM
Back in July I met a really nice woman from POF for brunch. After eating, we stood talking in the parking lot, beside my truck. She peeked in the window(probably just checkin' out whether I'm a slob or not)and saw I had a couple lures hanging from my ashtray. Next thing you know, we'd spent six hours fishing for bass in the Delaware River.

When I was a teen I trapped fox, muskrat and raccoon. Skunks and possum by accident. Once in awhile my younger sister would go out and check my traps for me, sometimes with her 22 that she used for small game and other times without it. She didn't mind using a hardwood stick to dispatch the animals. Last family gathering, the gossip was about my sister who is now a cop, shoting all the stray cats around her boyfriend's barn with one of her many pistols..and she fishes..and most guys I know, would love to go out with her..Her 13 year old son and 11 year old daughter both fish and target shot.
Actually, all of my four sisters fish.
 Supertrouper
Msg: 118
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:37:46 PM
Delaware River became this summer devoid of fish .. it must have been the lures from the ashtray
 CountrySugar
Msg: 119
Posted: 12/23/2005 7:49:59 PM
Sure we do .. isn't that what we are doin on this site? hunting and fishin..

I'm not one for hunting but I like eating wild meat..

as for fishing .. no it bored me but I can gut and scale one..
 *Surfgyrl*
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:03:04 PM
If the fish are biting, and you reel in a big Redfish, and cook it up. Yum.

If the shrimp are running, I like just being out there, it is relaxing. I'd love a bunch with melted butter.

I loooovvve football, who doesn't? Did you hear about Tony Dungy's son committing suicide? I always thought Tony looked like he could get pretty down when Tampa was sucking for a loooong time.

That hog trap produced, and it made for a hell of a BBQ.

I would rather eat the catch than do the catching part.
But I'd rather play football or softball, well maybe not.
 curious98
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:03:28 PM
People like what they like. I don't hunt, but I would like to learn to use a bow. And I used to fish when I was younger. I've also been crabbing in New Orleans.

Other "male dominated" activities include: Programming a computer, skydiving, flight lessons, using an ax, driving a truck and 14ft trailer......

Oh, and as a kid I had my own set of Tonka trucks to play with in the back yard ;)
 HB2
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:06:09 PM
Life member of the NRA
suck at it but love to fish
target shoot
hunt
love the bow
 saaths
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:06:37 PM
Women are no different from men, its the society that views only the differences. Men and women both can love fishing, hunting and playing all other sports.
jay
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:20:05 PM
I think you got the answer to your question .... I for one have always been a tomboy and still am! I mean, I seriously still get called that fondly and I'm 46 years old!

REDFISH.... now that is something fun to catch!! I hear catching them with a fly rod is great fun, but I just think me with fishing line wrapped around my neck wouldn't be a pretty sight, not to me anyways.

I just got some corn and stuff to start feeding my squirrels.. .I mean... anyone eat squirrel?? Mmmmm... smother fry in gravy...

I think all us women that have answered here on this thread should plan a WOMENS campout, the guys can come but ONLY if they wear nothing but a G-string and fetch us our beers while we're fishing!! LOL, oh and go ahead and pop the top so we don't mess up our nails!!
 *Surfgyrl*
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:24:02 PM
After reading, I'd love to try to catch something else. And if you have never been to the Smokey Mountains in N.C. you will be mad for the rest of your life if that you didn't go sooner. Hiking to a waterfall, fishing in a stocked trout stream, white water rafting to the tent.

I like it in the woods.........pulled off the beaten path.

I need a vacation.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?