Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 babygirl24ga
Msg: 126
Do women really like to hunt and fish?Page 6 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Yes women really like to fish and hunt! I know this b/c I fish as much as i can and when i can i know how to do it all by my self that way i don't have to take a guy with me. I would love to hunt to but nobody showed me how! I also love to camp and do just about anything outside!!
 babygirl24ga
Msg: 127
Do women really like to hunt and fish?
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:38:12 PM
Yes there is some of us who like to do all the things ya'll like to do! I love to fish, camp, go out on john boats and just have a good time outside.
 CntryGrl82
Msg: 128
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:39:55 PM
Did he really ask that question....lol...
 awaitingyu
Msg: 129
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:41:04 PM
I'm hunting on here and get plenty of fish ! hehe jk

ok I had to !
 GermanGirl_101
Msg: 130
Posted: 1/5/2006 9:21:19 PM
Sure it's for real...I'm one of those that loves fishing, watching the KC Chiefs, not a hunter but don't get bent out of shape is that's what a person likes to do.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:14:21 AM
REAL country gals or outdoorsy gals don't want to trap and keep no city boys... those are strickly for "Catch and Release" programs
 rogue_angel
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:15:47 AM
Fishing? YES Hunting? Nope
 Hottmom
Msg: 133
Posted: 1/14/2006 6:18:32 AM
Well I would have to say that you must not have ever come to Texas. I like to hunt, fish, camp. I'm not a big sports fan, but I know of lots of women who are into it just as much if not more than men.
 Hottmom
Msg: 134
Posted: 1/14/2006 6:21:35 AM
That is too funny. I totally agree.
 katie13
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2006 6:49:42 AM
Now this is my type of conversation..... Fishing shoot i'd be the first one up while camping take the boat out and catch my limit of trout take it back to the campsite make a pot of coffee and have fresh trout for breakfast. This is all before the others even get up.
once was fishing up at Rio Vista with 4 guys and I was the only one that pulled in 3 sturgeons only could keep the one that took me 45 minutes to reel in and even had my picture in the Fishery magazine with the 35 ilb 54"(if i remember right) sturgeon that I caught that day.
Now when it comes to football try to pull me out of my sweats on sunday morning all the way into the evening and I always made sure I did not work late on Monday nites. The only thing that would pull me away on a Sunday if the weather was so nice that I could not stay inside....then maybe I'd try to find a pub that had outside seating but close enough to see the TV. Hunting i have never gotten into can't shoot a gun. So we are out here you are just not looking in the right places :) K
 outdoorsman55
Msg: 136
Posted: 1/14/2006 6:52:24 AM
I would like to salute all those ladies out there that love the outdoors and being in the boat or in the woods with thier man. Doesn't get much better than that.
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 137
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:09:22 AM
I like to fish they are not really animals are they?
 Sniper308
Msg: 138
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:19:15 AM

I like to fish they are not really animals are they?

Oh, of course not. They're not really creatures God created. It's perfectly okay to kill them and/or rip their insides out with a sharp hook and then throw them back into the water... in some cases, to die because you ripped them up too bad. Only creatures that breathe air shouldn't be killed, right? That's your take, right?

You "I fish but I don't hunt" hypocritical women make me want to rip YOUR insides up with a sharp hook.
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 139
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:22:18 AM
I was joking I don't like to fish either...so SHAADAP! You get Saturdays off at the Post Office now?
 Sniper308
Msg: 140
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:25:34 AM
Same same. If you eat meat, fish, or chicken, you're just paying someone else to do your killing so you can pick it up at the store.
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 141
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:26:53 AM
I'm a Vegan and a Pagan
 Sniper308
Msg: 142
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:27:24 AM
A Godless eater of vegetables. Why am I not shocked?
 Fry Lock
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:30:15 AM
I love to fish; can bait my own hook and take my fish off; I don't hunt cause, it's too early, it's too cold and I just don't wanna go; I'll see you when you get done I am an avid camper, makes the kid sick; camping again? (she says)live sports rock, but tv is boring;
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 144
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:33:06 AM
Zebra eater hey I can grow my veggies myself..wonder if the carrot feels pain when It is plucked from the sun warmed earth????
For the record I have no problem with hunters unless they are killing our cougars!
 Sniper308
Msg: 145
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:34:07 AM
Too early and too cold for what? Hunting bears in the Spring? Wild boar? Bison? Caribou? Too early for what? Oh... let me guess. "Deer." Just stick with the honest part: You don't WANT to hunt.
 Sniper308
Msg: 146
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:34:54 AM
Cougars are on the "to do" list. Just saving the money.

By the way, zebras taste like chicken.
 bluesluver
Msg: 147
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:41:28 AM
I've been fishing and hunting since I was 4 years old..... Don't hunt much anymore [getting a little soft I guess] I also grew up in the northern California mountains so hiking, canoeing, rafting the rapids, camping etc.. was an everyday part of life. And just try to tear me away from the tv on superbowl sunday
 GreenEyedBrat
Msg: 148
Posted: 1/14/2006 9:12:51 AM
Yes, I love to fish!! Its my zen, in that it balances me. I even catch my own squid for bait, I have a freezer full of it stocked up for day trips. Its lucky for me the little buggers are so easy to catch.

Hunting, no go.

Now sports, no you won't catch me watching anything on TV. On the other hand I don't watch much TV. But I love going to the dirt track for the Sprints and am happy to attend live games.
 Saturday Night Rocks
Msg: 149
Posted: 1/14/2006 9:22:03 AM

I think so...

They usually like to hunt for bargains, and fish for information...

Sniper308
Msg: 150
Posted: 1/14/2006 10:05:55 AM

...I know I could never shot a deer, moose or elk -- but I would prolly accompany my man if he asked me too.

Young Miss:

I'm sure you believe this. I often read or hear this comment from women. However... I can't believe it. I can't believe you'd hump gear up and down the mountains of GMU 16B in Alaska, for a brown bear that turned out to have left by the time you arrived, only to have to haul yourself and your gear BACK across those same mountains, to return to your tent at 0200 hours in the morning... with it being EIGHT hours each way. Without having a vested interest yourself (i.e., you were also hunting, not just "tagging along with 'your man'"), I'm pretty sure, sooner or later, on that trip or another, you'd say "Screw this s**t! You're on your own!"... and you'd stay in camp instead of "accompanying your man" on his hunt.

And to the other female who enjoyed fishing with her Dad this past summer, I enjoyed your post, but I have to remind you that there is no catch-and-release program in hunting. I don't know why women nearly always ask me if I "caught" anything, after I return from a hunting trip. It baffles me. Must be an estogen thing. I've yet to have a woman ask me if I killed anything.

I'll share a favorite story of mine. It won't matter, likely, since I doubt any of you will give a damn... but there's a valid point to be made.

Eunice Berger, who is dead now, was a wonderful woman. A sweeter, kinder, more generous LADY you'd never meet. Her husband, Walt Berger, owns and operates Berger Bullets -- which I'm sure none of you have ever heard of... no surprise to me. Anyway, several of us, to include Walt and Eunice, were shooting prairie dogs in South Dakota some years ago and, during a pause in things, Walt was talking with "the guys" and Eunice climbed into the pickup to get out of the sun. She was there alone, quite a distance from everyone else, so I walked over to chat with her and keep her company. She was, as I said, a truly wonderful lady and a great conversationalist. At one point, I asked how she and Walt met. She told me about their chance meeting, and that when they started seeing each other seriously, Walt... who knew how very, very much Eunice enjoyed dancing... told her "I don't dance, so you'd better learn to shoot." Eunice had never, ever, EVER shot a gun in her life... and she was a, well... "mature" individual. However, wanting to keep company with the man who became her husband, and share his passions, she took up shooting... and became a world-class rifle competitor taking a number of world records in benchrest shooting. They went everywhere together and shared many wonderful experiences. She was never the type who just sat home while she "let" her husband go shooting or prairie dogging. She SHARED his life.

That's the kind of woman I want. If I never find such a lady, that's fine. I see no reason to compromise my requirements. It's better to be alone than "with" someone with whom you're still alone anyway.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?