Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 OnTheBus
Msg: 151
Do women really like to hunt and fish?Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
well, man, in a strange way, I gotta tip my hat to ya.
 Indigo Rose
Msg: 152
Do women really like to hunt and fish?
Posted: 1/14/2006 10:20:16 AM
How them prairie dogs taste??? poor little things grab whats left of their little furry little buddy's and drag them down the hole ..they are good little soldiers
 jstanicegirl
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/14/2006 10:40:16 AM
I love to hunt fish camp all that. I used to do it with my dad when i was a kid.
 Fry Lock
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2006 11:30:25 AM
Too early to get up; the fish will wait till I'm ready (usually just panfishin anyway, the bluegills bite best right about dark)

BTW, Sniper, isn't that what I said, I just don't wanna go?
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 155
Posted: 1/14/2006 11:44:25 AM
Fishing is very relaxing and a good excuse to relax,have great convos,and enjoy the outdoors which I love even when Im not catching anything.:)Fishing is kinda fun here too
 OnTheBus
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/14/2006 11:48:27 AM
OOOOOOH, are you fishing again perchance???????????????????????????????
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/14/2006 11:52:21 AM
^^Does anyone read the profiles anymore?LOL..oh wait thats another thread OT~~Nothing brings me more pleasure than a rod in my hand lol
 hawkrave
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2006 11:54:05 AM
I just think you aren't dating the right women. I am the type of women that will say hey invite your friends over for the game.

I like football ( I have gone to several Nfl games) Yes I like Cfl too
I like hockey ( can never get tickets for games lately but have gone to some in the past)

I love to camp and fish. I just hate the fact that you need a fishing lisence now.

I can't say I like to hunt that one I will leave up to the guys.
 tooindependent
Msg: 159
Sniper
Posted: 1/14/2006 2:17:10 PM
Yes there IS a catch and release hunting. Did it for over 20 years. It is called hunting with hounds. We may tree 10-20 bear in a season or 5-15 cougar, or 60+ coon with hounds but you are ONLY allowed to take ONE no matter how many you tree (with the exception of coon).

I can't count how many bears and mtn lions the dogs have caught (put up a tree) over the years. Less than 1% were shot out and harvested while about 90% were shot with a cam corder or 35 mm.

As far as hunting families, I personally find them to be closer.

Relationship wise I do want a man that can bring home the meat. I want somebody to share life with and somebody I can admire and be proud of. How can I be proud of a man that has me grow, harvest, gut, cut, wrap, etc everything he eats as well as cook it for him? How can I admire somebody that hides behind me when there's a 'bump' in the night or that I have to remove a spider, mouse, or snake in order to be able to peel him off the wall? God forbid he has to read the owner's manual to change a tire, lol. Being a provider or earning my admiration takes a lot more than working all week to bring home a check to pay for somebody else to do everything for him.
 Sniper308
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:13:12 PM

How them prairie dogs taste??? poor little things grab whats left of their little furry little buddy's and drag them down the hole ..they are good little soldiers

I never know if you're just incredibly ignorant or attempting to be humorous. Prairie dogs carry Bubonic Plague, among other things. I don't touch them, I don't go near them, I just blast them. Prairie dogs consume 10 times their body weight in grass each day. Their main "competitor" for the same food source is cattle. Ranchers can either feed prairie dogs or cattle, but not both. Typically, during a prairie-dog shoot (I never refer to it as hunting -- I don't see the "hunting" in it), only 30 percent of a given population of prairie dogs is eliminated. However, if the ranchers don't have shooters do the dirty work, the alternative is poison. Now, I'm sure you'd prefer to die a lingering, painful, agonizing death... but that's your call. You're human, so I really don't care. If a critter has to die, I'd rather do it a favor by putting a bullet in it and getting things over with than poisoning it. I don't believe in having animals suffering. (I'm sure you won't understand that, either, since I'm just a barbaric recreational killer.) Additionally, using poison to eradicate prairie dogs means the poison ends up in the food chain and other living things (e.g., birds, coyotes, various other predators) end up dying horrible deaths.

Also... their "buddies" don't do a damn thing, except continue to stand their and wonder what just happened to "Fred."
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:19:37 PM
^^I hear some people consume 10 x their body weight in "grass" at Dead shows too OT..Ive gone camping in December.I love to camp and hike for miles.Im a total tomboy:)
 Sniper308
Msg: 162
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:20:22 PM

Yes there IS a catch and release hunting. Did it for over 20 years. It is called hunting with hounds. We may tree 10-20 bear in a season or 5-15 cougar, or 60+ coon with hounds but you are ONLY allowed to take ONE no matter how many you tree (with the exception of coon).

Yes, you're quite right of course and I do stand corrected. I was, as I'm sure you know, referring to using a bullet.

Personally (potential fodder for an in-house fight), I don't hold with using dogs. Now... that's my choice. I have my reasons. I would NEVER stop those who enjoy using dogs from enjoying that method of pursuit. Abe Lincoln said, and I believe he got it from the Bible, "A house divided against itself cannot stand." I am sure you would agree that hunters need to stand united against the bunny huggers. So, the bickering between archers and riflemen and dog handlers and those against using dogs does no good in the fight for our continued ability to hunt and have places where we can without persecution from the uneducated.

There's only one quarry I can think of where I'd enjoy using hounds.
 musicmanpvb
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:44:33 PM
I was actually gonna write something here.. then I saw

Nothing brings me more pleasure than a rod in my hand lol

and I completely lost my train of thought... something about fishing I think...
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 164
Posted: 1/14/2006 4:47:07 PM
^^sorry for the distraction
 sctrrdr69
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2006 5:02:32 PM
jennthelpn wrote -Noone asked you to believe me kind sir, and I respect your OPINION on this matter, but truth be told, I KNOW I would.

Thanks

yeah, ^^she even begged me to care package her some deer sausage... I think she would...
 ladydi8
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:11:39 PM
heheee...scrtrrdr, darlin you can care package me some of yer sausage any day of tha week.... ............er, um...DEAR sausauge that is.....hehee
 ButterflyKisses46
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/15/2006 6:49:17 PM
I've been fishing many times, dont think I would care for hunting though.
As for sports..Im definately a baseball fan! I think more and more women are getting into sports, its definately a way to be where all the guys are :)
 sctrrdr69
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2006 7:47:55 PM
di - you know I deliver that in person...
 jbabynumba5
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:05:39 PM
I dont hunt but I'm not against it either. I do fish and camp though, couldn't live without it
 squeak365
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:24:27 PM
Fishin is a blast...the feel of that lunker on the end of the line....woohoo

Been a long time but I am all for fishing. I'll even bait my own hook and take of bullheads.

Squeak
 buccaneer38
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 1/15/2006 9:34:44 PM
Some do, some don't...............some love it, some hate it. It really depends on the woman for sure. Each woman is an individual, just like each man. Not all men like to hunt and fish. I am a man, and I don't care about fishing for sure..............yuck. LOL Tracy

I love to ride in the boat though............LOL
 LadySunDevil
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/15/2006 10:22:47 PM
Hunting never!..........fishing only if there is a way to not hurt the fishies mouth with that awful damn hook!
OK.....I admit I have "fish issues" LOL

But watching sports.........there are a LOT of us women who love it!
 ladydi8
Msg: 173
Posted: 1/16/2006 4:28:09 AM
i dont think its very sportin of folk to catch fish an then release em with sore mouths...alotta them die from oral infections afterward...an starvin is a slow painful death...so i eat what i catch...theres been a time or two my creed has left me eatin mudfish, thank tha Good Lord fer my cookin skills cause i dont allus catch tha best tastin critters!

i grew up huntin an eatin wild game...most of my family still does it...there again, we allus ate what we killed, an wasted no part of it!...but scince i have an uncanny ability to call game an have them approach me without fear, i no longer take tha lives placed in my hands....my weapon of choice is a camera that leaves no damage behind....

sctrrdr.....i will leave tha porch light burnin fer ya darlin.....:)
 Jubal
Msg: 174
Posted: 1/16/2006 2:43:50 PM
I work at boat dealership - and we sell mostly freshwater fishing boats. We had a bass tournement recently where out of 200 and some odd boats, more than 50 were husband/wife teams, and another 25 or so were dad/daughter teams, and we have about 5 pairs off all female teams.

And let me tell you, I know of a bunch of older women whose husbands dont drive, and these ladies tow the boat, launch it, troll all day, recover the boat and take it home. If the guys are lucky they get to pick the color when thy buy the boat ...

They are out there!

Jubal
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 175
Posted: 1/16/2006 2:50:13 PM
I love to camp and Ive been going fishing since I was 8.Hunting...um...not so much
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?