Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 livewirehere
Msg: 151
Do women really like to hunt and fish?Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Hey mesanfugal, I still have a picture of my ex with a huge red fish he caught when he was working offshore in Texas. It's absolutely huge... I've never fished for them.

Leeches-I got used to them because it was all we were allowed to use when fishing for walleye in Minnesota. They stick to you for a short time, but you can always get em off
 Swepea40
Msg: 152
Do women really like to hunt and fish?
Posted: 12/25/2005 11:57:59 AM
I live in montana it's pretty much a given that in order to get a date around here you must fish, hunt, hike, camp and so on...I do like to do those things when I have someone in my life to do them with!
 livewirehere
Msg: 153
Posted: 12/25/2005 12:00:44 PM
I just wish I could sit still long enough to do most of them... If I have a good book to read and good music to listen to, I can sit in a boat all day and fish. Sitting in a tree stand, no way.... Just the thought of it makes me feel the need to "move"~~~~ Just me though.. I had several friends who went hunting with their husband's every year and sat in a tree stand. I tried, can't do it
 sassyvgirl
Msg: 154
Posted: 12/25/2005 1:17:34 PM
I LOVE to fish...caught an 18 lb kingfish last summer, and had a blast!
Hunting...no
Canoeing, hiking, anything outdoors......even paintball, and fourwheelers......love that stuff!
 kermancutie
Msg: 155
Posted: 12/25/2005 2:24:37 PM
i dont like hunt and fish but if i go with the man i want to be with i'm sure there will be other activities i will be interested in between fishing and hunting
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2005 4:23:16 PM
sctrrdr69 - Im moving to MO within a year... my half brother hunts but he hunts RABBITS, and not deer anymore. We do not hunt rabbits down here because of worms, etc.... I'm looking to buy a farm on Government land for riding and hunting... so maybe you can tell me more about the hunting out there!! and I'm big on fishing, will be bringing my boat. MO is alot like FL with hunting in fishing......
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2005 4:26:56 PM
well.. geez... let me think about this... you're screen name is LIVEWIRE.. and you can't sit still long enough to be in a tree stand.... ok... I think I understand...silly girl
 longte
Msg: 158
Posted: 12/25/2005 4:44:20 PM
Sitting at a stand waiting for a deer to arrive can be one of the most boring things in the world
Can see no enjoyment in it whatsoever
It can work very successfully, but is nothing like actually stalking deer

If Livewire was doing something instead of just waiting she may enjoy it more

I go out to remove wild pigs here sometimes with a women who uses a compound bow

I can't even pull it, but she's very good with it
 curious98
Msg: 159
Posted: 12/25/2005 5:06:04 PM
"sctrrdr69 - Im moving to MO within a year... my half brother hunts but he hunts RABBITS, and not deer anymore. We do not hunt rabbits down here because of worms, etc.... I'm looking to buy a farm on Government land for riding and hunting... so maybe you can tell me more about the hunting out there!! and I'm big on fishing, will be bringing my boat. MO is alot like FL with hunting in fishing......"

Darn, I was just going to ask about camping and fishing in FL. :)
 Stillalicious
Msg: 160
Posted: 12/25/2005 5:16:02 PM
i'm pretty sure women who like to fish only live in the matrix.

Not so! I love to fish-won't eat them or clean them but I do fish. NO to hunting though!
I love almost anything else outdoors.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2005 5:49:56 PM
Hey Curious.... I'm still here and can give you all the info you need on hunting and fishing in FL... I live it!!! Just ask me.. if I don't know, I'll by golly find out for you.
 Phalcon
Msg: 162
Posted: 12/25/2005 5:50:47 PM
Its all about fishing. Everyone is here to fish is it not? Thats why this site is called plentyoffish.
 Strangebrew
Msg: 163
Posted: 12/25/2005 6:04:36 PM
Don't they still have food at the grocery store ??
 tapestry44
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2005 7:46:08 PM
I enjoy fishing, haven't been in awhile, due to circumstances, but definitely would, if the
opportunity presented itself. Don't want to kill any animal, so no I don't like to hunt. But
I do love to go to the range and target shoot. I personally don't want to kill any animal,
but don't freak out, if its someone else's "thing". My ex killed a bear with his bow, I thought
that was such a brave way to hunt.
 Lachrymal
Msg: 165
Posted: 12/26/2005 4:11:10 PM
lachrymal..
Hell, you're from The Republic of TEXAS...we expect our girls to hunt & fish!!
ALthough Austin does have its share of tree hugger/ sierra club/ peta types.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actually acburbank, Im from Tulsa. Not very far and not much different though. So yeah I like to bait my own hook. I just dont like taking the fish off the hook....::shudder::
 kleanfaces
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:26:06 PM
yes we fish and COOK them toooooo. LOVE to fish, camp and I can build the best campfire around! own a camper, and an ax! that was what impressed my last husband, I had a campfire ring, an ax, fishing poles, lures and a worm farm! yee haaaawww!
BUT I also like to have my hair done, facials, and smell nice...lol
 kleanfaces
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:28:32 PM
ohhhh and I forgot to tell you a caught an EEL in the Bahamas while rock fishing! not to brag but I was the only one that caught anything...oh and a gray snapper toooo!
 crystalise
Msg: 168
Posted: 12/29/2005 6:03:59 PM
Well Im not so keen on the hunting, though I can...but only in rural areas and only for the purpose of culling native pests. So its something I happily dropped in adulthood [ moving away from the country]

Fishing is on or in the water. Anything on the water is good to me
 Keljo
Msg: 169
Posted: 12/31/2005 9:48:46 PM
I like to fish......and I ADORE NFL FOOTBALL! Go Steelers!

I went shark fishing twice....what a thrill! And if anyone goes shark fishing in Key Largo and see a shark trailing a large white fishing pole behine him, can you let me know? That must have been one damned big shark!
 twang67
Msg: 170
Posted: 12/31/2005 10:02:07 PM
flyfishing is the best here in BC Im not into hunting was too young foe my dad to teach me but I am very aware of the outdoors and some of the dangers that come with it.
We have come across a few grizzlie bears while fishing and its not a lot of fun when you have no weapon but a fishing rod
 Lostcowgirl
Msg: 171
Posted: 12/31/2005 10:35:43 PM
Yeppers..... maybe few and far between, but we're out there. I'd much rather hang out with my man than be yacking or shopping with the gals.
Hard to beat being out in God's creation. Fresh caught fish and wild game be good eating. "Why would anyone kill Bambi?": Cause he tastes good! lol
My favorite "perfume" is woodsmoke.
Can't say I'm too keen on TV sports except for rodeo.
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:56:58 PM
keljo... now that is too funny!!! Not that it hasn't happened to me.. but you admitted it!!
 Mesnafugal
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 1/3/2006 7:59:23 PM
"My favorite "perfume" is woodsmoke"

Now that's my kinda woman!!! New years eve, I had a fire at my house. My date was over and after cooking I really needed a bath. My room mate did not understand WHY I would take a shower then stand out by the fire and smell "'smokey"... well.. my date is a fireman with the forest dept.... what did she expect??? I got laid and she didn't that night.. duh!!
 murlin
Msg: 174
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:19:51 PM
Atleast You Tried , most would not 10,000 kudos to you sweet lady ...
 Double Cabin
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:29:10 PM
My Aunt that raised me is 83 and she still reels them in.

I'm not a hunter, or much of a fisherman. The Ranch does however become an elk hunting lodge in the fall. One of outnhunters was an absolutely stunning mother of 45 or so that looked like she just gave up her room in the sorority. The only meat she eats is that which she kills herself.

One of the bst hunting guides I've ever known of was a woman.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  > Do women really like to hunt and fish?