Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 floridaman4u
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Can a smoker get a date with a non smoker?Page 2 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
i think the poison has got to ur sense of humor among other things ..
 floridaman4u
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Can a smoker get a date with a non smoker?
Posted: 1/17/2007 7:48:50 AM
what about they nasty tatse comming out of their pores and they taste on their skin and the smell ..a true non smokers doesnt want to tatse that .....
 floridaman4u
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 7:52:54 AM
i totaly agree i am a chef and have fired people 4 that ... thinking they deserve a smoke break when a rush is over and leave the non smokers working hard while the steal time and money .... employers have been more strict on these policies and being more select in hiring smokers ....
 floridaman4u
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 6:00:48 PM
lolol someone whos killing themselves and everyone in breathing range is the last safe person hmmmm ...... i bet your a x smoker .... a true smoker is someone who has never tried and finds it as nasty as a septic ,,,
 kristinanb
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2007 9:59:50 PM
I'd prefer non-smoker like myself, but a considerate smoker would not be a dealbreaker. I would not want someone smoking in my home or car as the odor would bother me as pet dander also bugs me. So I discriminate over large shedding indoor animals too. However, what people want to do in their own home, car, etc. is not of my concern. I would expect a smoker out of courtesy not to blow smoke in my direction.

Tina
 floridaman4u
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2007 5:23:49 PM
r u flirtin with me ????
 floridaman4u
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2007 5:29:42 PM
so true ... and even though the florida clean air act if at least 50 ft from the door ..so you can plainly see they dont care ..if they dont care about their own health we would they care about you and your childrens ...not even the law ...
 floridaman4u
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2007 9:23:49 PM
Ask them first to lick an ash tray,then they know how your kisses taste! lolol so tue !!!! its nice to see our cult speaking up .....
 floridaman4u
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/23/2007 5:11:26 PM
fritz huh i guess you must think i believe i define myself by what i drive ..... well if thats the case fine ... ride ur bycycle to ur next probation appointment .... and leave the working class who wishes to have clean air to breath alone .... i bet your the type to roll your windows up smoke urself silly with kids in the car and say im a good mom .... get a life loser .... and whens the last time any man let u in a 70k dollar pickup ... ...lolololol come on .... im waiting
 floridaman4u
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2007 10:35:58 PM
lolol you r so far off you a joke ... i am completly anti tobacco ,,,smoke dip chew or u sticking it up ur ass ... and if you would like ill send you a pick of my****since ur so interested ,,,, i drive what i want period .... and if u think u can make me angry check ur self in i dont let people like you get to me ever .....so take ur sleezy ass back in the trailer ,and smoke another rock ..... btw nice hair
 floridaman4u
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2007 2:08:41 PM
well white trash guess you ran outta shit to say ...lol ... funny 4 someone who emailed me asking me ??????????... i dont give a **** about you or what you think .....hey your welfare checks in your mail box .... so i bet another week of drinkin and sluttin is in your future ....
 floridaman4u
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2007 2:49:11 PM
im not closed minded i just prefer to date non smokers ... but as far as friends its fine as long as their very respectful .......
 simmering59
Msg: 52
Posted: 3/2/2007 3:54:13 PM
My dad died of lung cancer and he did not smoke.If a man smokes, thats his business.I would never ask any1 to quit but for me its a dealbreaker.I hate when the stench of cigarettes gets in my hair or clothes.I have kissed men who smoke and the bitterness of tobacco is on their tongue.Sorry, it skieves me .This is not to say that some one who smokes is not a nice person, however, I shall not put myself in that scenario.
 Larrycpa
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/11/2007 5:27:28 AM
I find it most difficult, however, it is possible. I try to contact the woman that come close to my interests that smoke. Some comments on the site says non-smokers, well I do appreciate the message, however, I can't blame them. I have been a smoker since I was 18 and now at 60 I am still smoking, Marboro Country....the guy in the ad is dead, from cancer, as the paper said years ago. What can I say?? My suggestion as it stands, either stop smoking or deal with it. I have the same problem.....larrycpa
 Greystone1
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2007 8:45:27 AM
... if both smokers and non-smokers were a little more considerate of each other, this thread wouldn't exist.

That's really the point, isn't it? Non-smokers expect smokers to be considerate of them, but are generally unwilling to return that consideration.

Date whoever you want, but please refrain from all the insults and/or lectures... and stop pushing for more and more oppressive laws.

And then there are the outrageous tobacco taxes. These are just simply theft. Is it okay to steal from a person who smokes? I don't think that defense would stand up in a court of law, much less constitute a considered moral/ethical value judgement... unless it is the government doing the stealing. Then somehow it is okay... NOT.

Political candidates promise some wonderful sounding program which they will finance through tobacco taxes, and people vote for them. Why would anyone vote a thief into office, unless they expect to profit from the theft? Kinda makes them thieves too, doesn't it?
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/19/2007 3:17:35 AM
As much as I have stated on these threads the negatives of smokers , I would still date one if there was a connection. One problem I have noticed is that if you go on a date , they have to leave every so often have a smoke at dinner . This breaks up the flow of the conversation .
 markinde
Msg: 59
Posted: 5/13/2007 4:37:43 AM
I have and would date a smoker. I even put it in my profile that I would date one. I quit in 2000 and remember how hard it was to find someone to date. I felt I was being wronged in some way; I didnt plan to smoke in their home. I felt I had a lot of offer and people have become more rigid about lots of things. They tend to look for deal breakers.

When I date a woman who smokes she usually raises the issue and I simply state I'm cool with it as long as they don't smoke in my house.
 bchbum1092
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 7/28/2007 10:18:02 AM
I'm a ex smoker and I can say that when I smoked I thought that I was a considerate smoker. Since I have stopped smoking I can not tell you how horrible it smells on a person . (you don't smell it when you smoke) You can put on perfume or try to mask it, nothing works ! I'm sure I could have lived a full life with them but I'm thankful I stopped . I have had people write me that smokes and I just will not date them reguardless of looks
 LukeMM23
Msg: 64
Posted: 1/30/2009 3:43:18 AM
Cajun, don't listen to these childish, hateful non-smokers.

To you non-smokers: I don't want to breathe your exhaust fumes. So, stop driving your diesel or unleaded gasoline cars. PLEASE.

Did you know that your tires will throw up lethal amounts of tire dust as you're driving?

Wake up to reality, folks. Household dust is bad for your lungs. We're breathing s*it in general. Next time you drive toward a major city, look up into the sky. When it's brown, that's bad. And I guarantee to you that it's not smokers causing it.

But you'll say nothing negative against car exhaust because you're doing it yourself. It's funny how the world turns. lol
 SRQleslie
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/30/2009 4:10:29 AM

Find a solution that we can co-exist without all the BS

WOW - I just read this thread for the first time! Cajun, I whole heartedly ENDORSE your statement ....

whether it applies to the topic of SMOKING

or ANYTHING in life!

WELL SAID!
Posted: 1/30/2009 5:07:45 AM

I guess that POF has so many perfect people signed up that they can bash and put down and say how nasty we are.

I've tried to find the perfect woman, but every one I've met is unfortunately human.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  >