Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 No_Fancy_Name
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Short MenPage 17 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Hitsingle:

I am so stupid, of course it took only one kick - you're name says it all "Hitsingle", which in reverse is "single hit" - sorry for my misunderstanding - I should comprehend more before posting.

Vegas Gambit:

I tried to figure out the ways that air travel could be much more comfortable for short people and the only two ways that I could come up with was:

1) sleeping in the overhead
2) being "cradled" by one of the flight waitresses, you know, some of that,"rock a by baby, in the tree top..." stuff..

I could only find ways that would be cheaper to fly, which are:

1) Be a "stowaway" in a "carry-on" baggage.
2) Being in someone's "check in" baggage.
3) There's always the "pet carrier" thing.
4) Plus a couple that I just plain forgot.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 339
Short Men
Posted: 9/24/2011 6:40:49 PM
cheer up, its totally an American thing.
get out, get over seas, get out of country ; and you will find that the rest of the women in the world are not limiting to who you are, who you could be to them, by the height of your head.

the prejudice is purely and entirely American - I have never had the issue of being 5-6 be an issue in Japan, Korea, Thailand, New Zealand, Ukraine, Russia, Ecuador, Costa Rica or Panama.
When enough men decide to leave this fishing hole - the women will change their tune, or end up with multiple cats
meh - Happier Abroad.
 SC67
Msg: 340
Short Men
Posted: 9/24/2011 7:32:57 PM
Guilty! I am 5'2" & prefer tall men...not freakishly tall, but above average. Oddly enough, I was rejected by a man on here who said I was too short for him during our date! Funny thing...not only is my height plainly stated in my profile, but we had met IRL (our daughters cheered together in middle school). Whatever...he was supremely boring. Now our daughters cheer together in high school & I have to see him at every game, competition & parent meeting. I laugh about it like crazy with the other cheer moms.
 bimmerdude
Msg: 341
Short Men
Posted: 9/24/2011 11:11:13 PM
+1 valenciacityx,

I have seen the EXACT same thing in terms of dating and meeting women both in the USA and overseas. Funny, I speak several languages which does open doors and I am treated like a rock star overseas by women and IGNORED by American women. Heck even if I pulled up in a Bugatti, I'd still be overlooked by women when some tall dude walks up. Thats ok, retire rich in the Caribbean or Thai beach villa looks mighty appealing to me.

For now, I just enjoy life and no longer worry about it. I am not tall and not short. Just me.
 Billion_Dollar_Man
Msg: 342
Short Men
Posted: 9/25/2011 4:38:27 AM
I'm 5'8" and it doesn't stop me from finding dates. I've dated women from 4'9" to 6'7" but I'm open minded. Many short men may be intimidated by a woman who's really tall, but chances are that many men don't approach her because of her height so she's overly excited when a man has enough confidence to approach her and isn't ashamed to be seen in public with her. Yes, people will stare or give weird looks, but that's their problem. As long as we're happy, that's all that matters. Besides, the women may look at us and think to themselves "that's embarrassing", but the men will look at us and think "what kind of horse c0ck does he have to satisfy her?" So, don't let your height hinder you or get you down because everyone has some kind of issue in life, it's up to you to overcome that issue and be great regardless.
 --Zen--
Msg: 343
Short Men
Posted: 9/26/2011 1:25:38 AM
Indeed so. I've seen a dude about 5'3" walking in and later out of the club with 2 pretty ladies about my hight. It was not a dance club so I know they are not dance partners.
Attitude matters.
 captnjimbo
Msg: 344
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 1/16/2012 9:03:26 PM
The way I see it, if one were to look down, you will notice that everyone's feet touch the ground, good 'nough.
 peech12
Msg: 345
Short Men
Posted: 1/16/2012 10:43:11 PM
The men I have dated who are my height or not much taller (I am 5'6"), I have noticed a couple things. They usually have a complex about their height, and try to compensate by being ***holes. I'm not saying all are, this is just my experience with a few.

One guy completely lied about his height on his profile, saying he was 5'11", when in reality, he was about 5'7". Like I wouldn't notice you were barely an inch taller than me, instead of being almost 6 inches taller than me??
 ipiano
Msg: 346
Short Men
Posted: 1/19/2012 10:34:59 AM
I won't date anyone shorter than I am, but I'm only 5'3", so....

That said, my preference has changed over the years. I used to like em really tall. 6'3", 6'5", at least 6'. Now I like them between 5'7" and 5'9" for "ideal" height. I like the feeling of their face next to mine without bending over. I like to snuggle my face into their neck without having to stand on a stool.

I'm not going to be a snob about it, so if a really awesome specimen of a man comes along and he's 5'11" or 6'1", I'm not going to tell him to back off, but I will say that a shorter guy will get my attention faster.
 dolce_vita36
Msg: 347
Short Men
Posted: 1/22/2012 10:27:18 PM
My model ex wife was a full inch taller than me(I'm 5'8" ) and that was without her high heels on. Never was a problem for her. Most of my ex girlfriends were either my height or a lil taller. Some guys can get away with it using their looks/personality/sexual prowess. Others are too insecure about it and show it thru their flawed personality.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 1/25/2012 9:45:20 AM
I am not tall but I promise to be adorable and charming.
 cocopuffguy2012
Msg: 350
Short Men
Posted: 10/8/2012 2:37:45 PM
It's very frustrating as short man....I've seen profiles where women (even shorter women) just say "don't bother contacting me if you are not 6") so many women act like you aren't of any value just because of your height. Why is it sexism, homophobia, racism are considered wrong but heightism only for men is considered just fine. :(
 five-marie
Msg: 351
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 10/8/2012 5:49:33 PM
No one says its okay to discriminate against men because of their height. I'm sure tall women run into the same thing. People are rejected for any number of physical reasons, just the way it is for some.
 grove_22
Msg: 352
Short Men
Posted: 10/9/2012 7:05:58 AM

No one says its okay to discriminate against men because of their height. I'm sure tall women run into the same thing. People are rejected for any number of physical reasons, just the way it is for some.

I'm sure there are some men that wouldn't date a taller woman. However I think many men would have no problems dating a taller woman. But wouldn't contact her because they think a taller woman wouldn't be interested in them due to height.
 Anywherbuthere
Msg: 353
Short Men
Posted: 10/9/2012 12:10:38 PM
"1. Why women don't like short guys?"

Huh?

"2. Do Short guys ever stand a chance of dating?"

Tom Cruise 5'7"
Woody Allen 5'5"
Al Pacino 5'7"
Ben Stiller 5'8"
Michael J Fox 5'4"
Richard Dreyfuss 5'5"
Roger Daltrey 5'7"

Confidence.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 355
Short Men
Posted: 10/9/2012 10:47:19 PM

1. Why women don't like short guys?"

Huh?

"2. Do Short guys ever stand a chance of dating?"

Tom Cruise 5'7"
Woody Allen 5'5"
Al Pacino 5'7"
Ben Stiller 5'8"
Michael J Fox 5'4"
Richard Dreyfuss 5'5"
Roger Daltrey 5'7"

Confidence.

I hate to point this out but all those guys have two things in common which are the only things that will tempt a woman to date a 'short guy' and those are fame and money. Do you honestly think that those guys would have been anywhere near as popular with the ladies without the fame and money? I think not.

Like I keep saying, women just don't do short guys. End of.

None of those listed were born with fame---but they were all short before they became famous. Actors and a musician, now what could they have in common? Confidence in themselves.
 DragonBits
Msg: 356
Short Men
Posted: 10/10/2012 1:47:09 AM

Tom Cruise 5'7"
Woody Allen 5'5"
Al Pacino 5'7"
Ben Stiller 5'8"
Michael J Fox 5'4"
Richard Dreyfuss 5'5"
Roger Daltrey 5'7"

None of those listed were born with fame---but they were all short before they became famous. Actors and a musician, now what could they have in common? Confidence in themselves.

They have talent. Confidence without talent is not only failure, it's like beating one head against a wall, it hurts.

But I don't have a problem finding a woman to date, so the short guy thing is true but overblown.
 grove_22
Msg: 357
Short Men
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:16:13 AM

Were these men getting a lot of women before they became famous? I'm not saying it's impossible for the average short man to find women. But it does limit their potential dating pool.
 L0thari0
Msg: 358
Short Men
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:25:25 AM
Wow, 18 pages about hight? This must be a pretty important subject.

I'm 6' 3" so my hight has never been an issue. I may be way off with this, but isn't hight just one thing? I mean, there are a thousand things that could be considered attractive and hight is just one of them. It may be a weakness, but you can make up for it in other ways.

Focus on your strengths and don't worry so much about the weaknesses. I've known plenty of "short"men that did just fine when it came to dating.
 five-marie
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:33:29 AM
What's the difference between refusing to date overweight/bald/etc? We're all subject to being judged on our appearance. Being short is just another hindrance in the never ending "must haves" some insist on here.
Favorite memory of mine. Neighbour's father and grandfather came over to help me get my lawn mower started. Father about 50,grand father about 70. Both were short, maybe 5 ft, both overweight, round as they were tall.
Went to a neighbourhood bar b q and the father was there with a beautiful woman. I assumed she was his daughter. Normal height/weight and beautiful, she was his wife. Despite being married for over 25 years they were holding hands and very affectionate during the entire night.
Being short might hinder your chances with a woman. Might also be an excuse you use as to why someone won't date you.
I've met tall men here who can't get a date.
I agree that anyone with confidence is attractive to most women.
 chrismac1982
Msg: 360
Short Men
Posted: 10/11/2012 6:14:43 AM
There is an 80/20 rule, meaning that 20% of the men get 80% of the women, so most guys aren't that picky, but most guys, given the choice don't want to be with women who are short--meaning below 5'4". I'm only 5'10", and I would never have a relationship with a woman below 5'4". It is awkward in bed to say the least.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >