Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seakytten
Msg: 187
Short MenPage 4 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
Oh, god. Don't get me started. I've had two unfortunate experiences (friends only) with men 5'4 and under. What a friggin' NIGHTMARE!! Their little 'Napoleon Complexes' are so ingrained in their brain they come off as obnoxious little blowhards. They feel 'cheated' at their lot in life and are negative, argumentative and ALWAYS feel as if they have to have the last word. Never again. Give me a man 6' or over and I'm good.

JMO of course..:)

Kytten
 starzgirl72
Msg: 188
Short Men
Posted: 4/24/2011 4:05:34 PM
I'm 5'10"...I don't mind dating a guy a couple of inches shorter but I find a lot of them are intimidated by my height and when I go out, I love to wear 4" or 5" heels.
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 189
Short Men
Posted: 4/25/2011 7:04:44 AM
"Oh, god. Don't get me started. I've had two unfortunate experiences (friends only) with men 5'4 and under. What a friggin' NIGHTMARE!! Their little 'Napoleon Complexes' are so ingrained in their brain they come off as obnoxious little blowhards."

^^^But are they still friends? From my observations so far in this life, I have honestly noticed that there seem to be more short happily married folks, than there are tall happily married folks in general. Now this is only from my person experience, so I can't speak for everyone. Having a chip on one's s shoulder can actually be a good thing instead of a bad thing, depending how you use it. If one becomes successful because of it, more power to them. As a short man, myself, whenever a woman asks me so why are you single? I just simply state, unless you would like to date me, then I will remain single.
 Halcyon_Skies
Msg: 190
Short Men
Posted: 4/25/2011 1:44:34 PM
Just about everyone out there in the dating world seems to have their own personal preferences in regards to whom they will and will not date, based on their own experience and sense of aesthetics, e.g. no smokers, no separated, no widows, no overweight, no tattoos, no drinkers, etc.,---and I'm no exception.

I'm not interested in dating men who are shorter than I. Yes, I've dated a handful, and without exception, they all had complex emotional issues relating to their height that contributed to their being socially stunted in one way or another---no pun intended.

Most of these issues arose from insecurity on their part---however, some actually had a physical basis. We were literally a poor fit.

vvvvvvv Moot if you're not into dogs.
 RubyWaxxx
Msg: 191
Short Men
Posted: 4/25/2011 1:54:40 PM
^^Re preferences: I met a guy yesterday who's 5'2 and on his third marriage.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 192
Short Men
Posted: 4/25/2011 3:57:46 PM

"Yes". i wonder what women would think if i turned them down by saying "no thanks. your boobs are too small

Yes,Just the opposite in being short,so true.....in their insecurity...

I am guy of average height, & seem to be attracted to women who are 5' to 5' 6'" in height.
So I guess I'm not into the amazons. lol
 valenciacityx
Msg: 193
Short Men
Posted: 4/25/2011 5:31:09 PM
you need to find the girl that doesnt discount the size your worth based on your height. they are out there. look at it this way, if that is what is stopping them from being with you, you are indeed better off without them.
It doesnt matter to everyone, but those that make it a deal breaker based solely on the price of admission and you must be X tall to ride this ride..... leave them alone. You wont convince them, and really, why would you want to be with some that shallow. (there are much grander things to discount a relationship on ! )
 Seakytten
Msg: 194
Short Men
Posted: 4/26/2011 6:32:30 AM
You wont convince them, and really, why would you want to be with some that shallow.

I beg to differ on women being 'shallow' simply because their preferences are to date taller men. As a matter of fact, I had two delightful dates at the beginning of this year with men that were 5'6 and 5'7 respectfully. One I had met on fb whom was in the Navy stationed in Afganistan. When his deployment was through and he returned to Sarasota, Florida he and I had a nice dinner at a restaurant on the water. The next 'short' man I went out with this year literally pulled me over on a major highway in order to get my phone#. Again, we had a lovely dinner and good conversation. These gentlemen were respectful, intelligent and self-confident. No bad language nor any issues of any kind..it was truly a breath of fresh air. What stopped me from wanting to take it further wasn't their height at all. It was their age. One was 20 years younger than myself and the other was 13 years my junior and I just wasn't comfortable with either of the age differences as I'm 52. We still remain friends today. :)

It's just a preference for myself to want a taller man just like it might be a preference for someone that only wants a man with tattoos. It doesn't mean I'm shallow but it does mean I'm selective.

Kytten
 *Just Jim*
Msg: 195
Short Men
Posted: 4/26/2011 3:34:04 PM

It's just a preference for myself to want a taller man just like it might be a preference for someone that only wants a man with tattoos. It doesn't mean I'm shallow but it does mean I'm selective.

Your are a total woman,maybe 5' in height, but so tall in character.....
 valenciacityx
Msg: 196
Short Men
Posted: 4/26/2011 3:55:15 PM
"How tall are you ?' Why does it matter?
I only date tall men . Good for you, looks like we aint dating. (exit)
(yes it is 5-6, or 5-7 in moto boots; which is often)

she is welcome to her preference, it is after all hers.
Hell I wont date an American. (yeah, I am shallow like that)
 elkcall
Msg: 197
Short Men
Posted: 4/27/2011 2:19:37 PM
Some women do like short guys because just like taller men, some of them are extremely handsome and some are extremely nice! They also have cute little bodies if not overweight and cute little waists.

I am 5'6" tall and had a seven year relationship with a man whom was 5'1" tall. I also had his child. He was also balding, grey, and chubby. Although he didn't have a cute little waist, he had other characteristics and traits that were, as well as nicely set apart Spock eyes and confidence.

So...you're wrong thinking women don't like short men!
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 198
Short Men
Posted: 4/28/2011 5:56:59 AM
"Some women do like short guys because just like taller men, some of them are extremely handsome and some are extremely nice! They also have cute little bodies if not overweight and cute little waists.
I am 5'6" tall and had a seven year relationship with a man whom was 5'1" tall. I also had his child. He was also balding, grey, and chubby. Although he didn't have a cute little waist, he had other characteristics and traits that were, as well as nicely set apart Spock eyes and confidence.
So...you're wrong thinking women don't like short men!"

^^The is post actually made me blush. I think short and tall folks have plenty of opportunities to find someone special, the issue is recognizing an opportunity instead of being down on yourself and blinded by self pity. There are lots of people on this planet so the odds are if you continue to seek, you will find some one that will like you weather you are short or tall. Always try to use your size or height to your advantage, instead of using it as a disadvantage.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 199
Short Men
Posted: 4/28/2011 7:05:21 AM
It's been my observation on these forums that some "preferences" are
politically correct and others not.
It's NOT okei to have a preference for something that someone can't help,
but it IS okei to have a preference for something they can.

Being short is no different than being overweight on a dating site.
SOME people are going to over look you for something.
Could be your height, your weight, age, or where you live.

I seriously never knew these were serious relationship issues until
I started reading the forums.

Who cares if a million people think you're too short.
You only need one that likes you as you are.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 200
Short Men
Posted: 4/29/2011 6:48:19 AM
^^^^^ I dunno.
People everyday overcome their disadvantages to get what
they want, whether it's in love, work or just chasing a dream.
There are worse things than being short.

It pretty much comes down to attitude. Whether you think
you can or you think you can't, you're probably right, as the
saying goes.

....cry me a river!
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 201
Short Men
Posted: 4/29/2011 6:55:28 AM
Well, I'm only 5' 1", but I have to admit I'm not as attracted to short men vs. taller. Of course, the shorter men tend to gravitate to me because of my height. lol

I've made an effort to over look this, as I hate to miss out on a good man because of something like this. Nothing yet, but at least I've expanded my outlook on the height issue. Nonetheless, if he's under 5' 7", it just doesn't happen for me.

Oh and if he has the "Napolean syndrome" it is a MAJOR turn-off! Forgetaboutit!

Regardless what height, etc...one is CONFIDENCE is attractive like a mo' fo!
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 202
Short Men
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:06:28 AM
"Oh and if he has the "Napolean syndrome" it is a MAJOR turn-off! Forgetaboutit!
Regardless what height, etc...one is CONFIDENCE is attractive like a mo' fo!"

^^It is actually spelled Napoleon, and Napoleon was pretty much of average height for his time period. Weird how many women don't want to date a guy who has goals. I am pretty sure Napoleon had a goal or two. Had he not attempted to invade Russia or take on the British Navy, Europe would probably look a lot different than it does today, and we would all probably be speaking French instead of English.

I think this whole syndrome or lack of confidence issues are from seeing that so MANY short women will not date someone closer to their height. But considering I only date tall women, I don't have to worry about this. Plus I can dance. But I don't like to dance however.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 203
Short Men
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:11:31 AM
Thank you for the correction, Whatisnew! Spell-check did flag it, but I'm in the middle of breakfast so I ignored it. lol

I don't know ANYONE who doesn't want to date a man that has goal(s). That is an odd assumption. I'm assuming as a short man, you've come across rejection in the past due to your height?
 Whatisnewwithyou
Msg: 204
Short Men
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:22:59 AM
"I don't know ANYONE who doesn't want to date a man that has goal(s). That is an odd assumption. I'm assuming as a short man, you've come across rejection in the past due to your height?"

^^ I have been rejected from every reason from my height to my hairy back. But I have survived so far, so I am okay, and I have also been in relationships, so no worries. I think this whole thread is odd, because all the short folks I know are happily married, well except for me, but according to them, it will happen to me. No worries, I have even heard of folks being rejected simply because they did not hold their fork right when dinning out. I am at the point where I am more afraid of not being rejected than I am of being rejected these days. Cheers. Weather it is for my height, hairy back, or how loud I can fart.
 Sabrosura089
Msg: 205
Short Men
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:26:16 AM

Weather it is for my height, hairy back, or how loud I can fart.

^^It's WHETHER! Touché!

Rejection is inevitable. Be selective (generally speaking) not picky/silly about things.

Peace out.................
 cenomeno
Msg: 206
Short Men
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:56:20 AM
I've said it before, I'll say it again. If they like you - for some reason - they won't even bring it up. It won't even be an issue as long as you're taller even if it's an inch.

I get mails from women with height requirements all the time. Their profiles say 6' or 5' 11" minimum ... and then they mail me ... but then this time I reject them - because I have "short man complex" and won't even bother with a woman over 5' 5".... it's a vicious circle... at the end we all go home alone ...
 abelian
Msg: 207
Short Men
Posted: 4/30/2011 7:18:46 AM

I get mails from women with height requirements all the time. Their profiles say 6' or 5' 11" minimum ... and then they mail me ... but then this time I reject them - because I have "short man complex" and won't even bother with a woman over 5' 5"....

I'm not sure why you think women who are 5' 5" and under would be any more eager to date a guy with ``short man complex.'' My fiancee is 5' 2". The last guy she dated was 6' 4", her ex husband was 6' 2" and in general, most everyone she's dated has been 6' tall or more. I'm 5' 9". I had some vague idea that women preferred taller men, but since I've dated women taller than I am, I would never have given that much thought if I had not read through the threads here and noticed just how much emphasis many women do place on height.

So, that made me curious as to why she dated me if she preferred men who were 6' or taller. Her answer was that most of the shorter men she's met have the short man complex to which you refer, not that she was opposed to dating men under 6' tall. Rejecting taller women who are interested in you and going after shorter women instead seems like a bad strategy. A better strategy would be to work on getting over the ``short man complex'' and go after the women are interested in you and in whom you are interested, regardless of height. If a woman thinks your tall enough to date, you're tall enough regardless of what she puts down in terms of feet and inches.
 cenomeno
Msg: 208
Short Men
Posted: 4/30/2011 10:38:05 AM

A better strategy would be to work on getting over the ``short man complex''

The reason "short man complex" in quotes is because I am not attracted to tall women, not because I have short man complex. In the past a few women labeled me that way, as they couldn't get past the fact that I wasn't interested in them because of their height. So to this day I still use it and say I have short man complex - that way nobody feels 'rejected' or get 'hurt'
 HORSEFLY1234
Msg: 209
Short Men
Posted: 4/30/2011 11:51:09 AM
I knew a short guy in school once. We called him "tripod..."
 Jerilyn
Msg: 210
Short Men
Posted: 5/2/2011 2:59:06 PM
Yes, height matters. I prefer a man who is taller than me. But what matters more is the build... tall and slight doesn`t do it for me either...there is nothing more hideous than being held in a pair of fragile twigs that are as slender and as delicate as a female`s...
 Casper66
Msg: 211
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 5/3/2011 5:13:12 PM
I do prefer a man around my height or taller, but that is only because of some negative experiences I've had dating much shorter men, since I'm 5"5 it doesn't exclude many men.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >