Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ohenryx
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Short MenPage 9 of 18    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18)
valenciacityx:
So just to sum up
short man, nope.
tall man get date - with short**** not keep girl
so advice to all men, be the tall man with a big****or a fat wallet.
good to know.

LOL

Thanks for the laugh, really.

I would add one more item, "good looking"

So, two alternative ways to be successful with women:

1) tall
2) big ****
3) good looking

OR ----
1) fat wallet

In the first category, I can only manage two out of three, and in the second category, I am a "non-starter". Good thing I have a sense of humor and enjoy the chase. (smile)

BrownEyesBoo:
Until I came to fishes, I didn't even know height was an issue.

I knew it mattered, but I had no idea that it mattered SO MUCH. The forums here have been an eye-opening experience, to say the least.
 The_Song
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 7/12/2011 9:06:52 PM
In my opinion, who cares. Some woman prefer tall guys, just like some guy prefer girls with big knockers. Its just a manner of preference, don't need to blame all your woes and problems on that. Work with it you got your preferences so do they, just go on and have a positive attitude instead of a negative one and you'll find someone who likes you for who you are. I'm small myself by todays standard at 5'6, and you know what I never found that to be a huge disadvantage people here seems to make it out to be.

As long as you have confidence, have a great personality and our someone thats enjoyable to be around. ( for example don't carry around the small person syndrome and keep trying to prove yourself because your small by barking louder the the big dude next to u) Height is not usually a issue.
 The_Song
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 7/12/2011 9:10:48 PM
I agree strongly with VegasGambit here, posture is a huge deal, most people do not realise a huge % of human communication is not done verbally, but by body language, and how you carry yourself will tell a huge deal about you to whoever is looking. And it will be a huge deciding factor for woman in deciding if your a viable candidate for dating or not.
 The_Song
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 7/13/2011 5:09:51 AM
Luke - generally its the guys messaging the girls thou, most of the girls don't even do searches to start with because they always get messages, so that filter thing doesn't mean much. Ppl filter others out based on looks on both sides, nothing you can do about that, just the nature of the game.

Fifi- you might have a better chance if you had a pic on your profile, your not in my age range but i dont even look at profiles without pictures and I doubt most ppl do. Online dating is already a shot in the dark enought, most ppl want to have at least a general ideal of what the other side looks like before they start talking to them
 MsMicki
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 7/27/2011 8:03:09 PM
If a woman or man is the type to exclude potential dates based on height......
are they really the "type" of person you would want to date to start with?
 Jet Fuel
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 8/13/2011 2:12:32 AM
hey..there are advantages of being short like me. I can pull weeds standing up!

Most the girls I dated in life have been 5'7 to 5'9. Taller than me. Some girls like tall guys..others don't really care because they see you for who you are..not just your height.
 dd3va
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 8/13/2011 7:23:29 PM
I agree with you metalgrrl37. As a woman who is 5'10, I feel more feminine with a man taller than I with the whole heel thing and such, but I have had great dates with shorter men as well.
 BoonDockSaint73
Msg: 313
Short Men
Posted: 8/29/2011 9:08:28 AM

One friend of mine is 5'1" tops and his wife is around 5'8

oh my !!

does she put a big key in his back to wind him up ??

lol
 domo30
Msg: 318
Short Men
Posted: 8/31/2011 1:14:13 PM
Ive dated both but I prefer guys at least 5'10
 Cynderella
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 9/16/2011 10:09:48 AM
I am only 5'3" so everyone is taller...
BUT
I do admit I prefer my man to be 6 + when you are a firecracker you need a big back-up plan
 Caringheart2011
Msg: 329
Short Men
Posted: 9/17/2011 1:38:34 PM
That is too funny. What I read are either short men wondering why they don't have a date,and women telling why they can date a shorther man, " even if he is a great man ."

First of all, to the women who can date a shorter man, HAT OFF LADIES , you have what is called self confidence.
The BS about what one likes, or don't, is related to who they are. Not what they tell you, and how great they are. Like always, actions speak louder then words.

To the men who are short , and wondering, get a grip.
I am 5'4" , and date taller and shorter Ladies. And I am bald also.

OMG poor little me.

They send me messages, so ?
What is the problem with been short ? Complex of inferiority ?

May be I never felt short, life experiences ?
My way of thinking ?
What ever it is, it must show some kind of ways, some are telling me that I look taller in my pics even dow I stated my eight.

May be they are impaired , and can't judge a distance/ height ?
That may be so, I heard many men telling women that this:
|--------------------------| is 7 inches"
No wonder they can't judge a distance.

Be a man, and show it, stop whining, that is all I can tell you.
Go after it Tiger .
 No_Fancy_Name
Msg: 332
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 9/20/2011 8:51:16 PM
To the OP:

I think the idea of women wanting to be with taller men is just instinct. Back in the "cavemen days" (if our economy doesn't improve soon we WILL be back in the caveman days again) - females selected the best to have offspring with, so that their offspring had the best chance of reproducing. It is nature's process of "Natural Selection". This is a basic instinct - very hard to overcome for most women and men too! I say, get a blue coat with white lapels and lots of buttons and medals on the front and partially stick your hand in it, it worked for Napoleon, right?

hitsingle:

3 questions:

1) What music did you have playing in your Ipod whilst you played "midget toss" was it amything by Randy Neuman? Hmmm?
2) How many kicks DID it take? 3 maybe 4? Did he scream, "Oh, not me Lucky Charms" ever?
3) Did you bring him back to the house to see if you could get him to the curb in one really good punt? You know - practice makes perfect...
 No_Fancy_Name
Msg: 338
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 9/23/2011 8:52:56 PM
Hitsingle:

I am so stupid, of course it took only one kick - you're name says it all "Hitsingle", which in reverse is "single hit" - sorry for my misunderstanding - I should comprehend more before posting.

Vegas Gambit:

I tried to figure out the ways that air travel could be much more comfortable for short people and the only two ways that I could come up with was:

1) sleeping in the overhead
2) being "cradled" by one of the flight waitresses, you know, some of that,"rock a by baby, in the tree top..." stuff..

I could only find ways that would be cheaper to fly, which are:

1) Be a "stowaway" in a "carry-on" baggage.
2) Being in someone's "check in" baggage.
3) There's always the "pet carrier" thing.
4) Plus a couple that I just plain forgot.
 captnjimbo
Msg: 344
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 1/16/2012 9:03:26 PM
The way I see it, if one were to look down, you will notice that everyone's feet touch the ground, good 'nough.
 SunshineAngel99
Msg: 349
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 1/25/2012 9:45:20 AM
I am not tall but I promise to be adorable and charming.
 five-marie
Msg: 351
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 10/8/2012 5:49:33 PM
No one says its okay to discriminate against men because of their height. I'm sure tall women run into the same thing. People are rejected for any number of physical reasons, just the way it is for some.
 grove_22
Msg: 352
Short Men
Posted: 10/9/2012 7:05:58 AM

No one says its okay to discriminate against men because of their height. I'm sure tall women run into the same thing. People are rejected for any number of physical reasons, just the way it is for some.

I'm sure there are some men that wouldn't date a taller woman. However I think many men would have no problems dating a taller woman. But wouldn't contact her because they think a taller woman wouldn't be interested in them due to height.
 justdeb1111
Msg: 355
Short Men
Posted: 10/9/2012 10:47:19 PM

1. Why women don't like short guys?"

Huh?

"2. Do Short guys ever stand a chance of dating?"

Tom Cruise 5'7"
Woody Allen 5'5"
Al Pacino 5'7"
Ben Stiller 5'8"
Michael J Fox 5'4"
Richard Dreyfuss 5'5"
Roger Daltrey 5'7"

Confidence.

I hate to point this out but all those guys have two things in common which are the only things that will tempt a woman to date a 'short guy' and those are fame and money. Do you honestly think that those guys would have been anywhere near as popular with the ladies without the fame and money? I think not.

Like I keep saying, women just don't do short guys. End of.

None of those listed were born with fame---but they were all short before they became famous. Actors and a musician, now what could they have in common? Confidence in themselves.
 grove_22
Msg: 357
Short Men
Posted: 10/10/2012 7:16:13 AM

None of those listed were born with fame---but they were all short before they became famous. Actors and a musician, now what could they have in common? Confidence in themselves.

Were these men getting a lot of women before they became famous? I'm not saying it's impossible for the average short man to find women. But it does limit their potential dating pool.
 five-marie
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Short Men
Posted: 10/10/2012 8:33:29 AM
What's the difference between refusing to date overweight/bald/etc? We're all subject to being judged on our appearance. Being short is just another hindrance in the never ending "must haves" some insist on here.
Favorite memory of mine. Neighbour's father and grandfather came over to help me get my lawn mower started. Father about 50,grand father about 70. Both were short, maybe 5 ft, both overweight, round as they were tall.
Went to a neighbourhood bar b q and the father was there with a beautiful woman. I assumed she was his daughter. Normal height/weight and beautiful, she was his wife. Despite being married for over 25 years they were holding hands and very affectionate during the entire night.
Being short might hinder your chances with a woman. Might also be an excuse you use as to why someone won't date you.
I've met tall men here who can't get a date.
I agree that anyone with confidence is attractive to most women.
 chrismac1982
Msg: 360
Short Men
Posted: 10/11/2012 6:14:43 AM
There is an 80/20 rule, meaning that 20% of the men get 80% of the women, so most guys aren't that picky, but most guys, given the choice don't want to be with women who are short--meaning below 5'4". I'm only 5'10", and I would never have a relationship with a woman below 5'4". It is awkward in bed to say the least.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >