Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 will I
Msg: 82
Why is a decent girlfriend so hard to find? Page 2 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
Hey don't worry it's the same over here I had and old guy tell me how to keep women .And I think he was right. He said you have to treat the queens like whore's and the whore's like queens and you will allways have women .Me I can't do it and I'm still hopeing he's wrong but women seem to prove his theary time and time again
 Lov2Laugh
Msg: 85
Why is a decent Boyfriend so hard to find?
Posted: 2/14/2006 11:27:10 AM
Why can't I find my prince charming? A friend of mind told me looking for a boyfriend or a girlfriend is like looking for a job. Thanks for listening. it saddens me to know that relationships take work especially to fine one.
 alwaysjammin
Msg: 87
Why is a decent girlfriend so hard to find?
Posted: 2/14/2006 11:11:08 PM
It's quite simple my friend, and it comes from being rejected/dumped/shot down:

All women are shallow, end of story. Doesn't matter what type of girl/woman, they're all shallow.

Seriously if I was able to write a book about what a woman was thinking about i'd be a billionaire by now.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2006 12:09:16 AM

I would say the emphasis on looks goes both ways. As a man who receives his disgustingly huge share of 'you are a great guy' or 'you are sweet' or 'you are such a gentleman' LET'S BE PALS, Buddies, friends etc ... I can say that women have standards of attraction just as men do. I'm an intelligent, funny, professional, interesting person who I am told is pretty cute too. I would like to find someone who wants a relationship but it seems the women around my neck of the woods have such a high standard for the men they want to be with, 95% of all men are already discounted.

Do I have high standards? I have standards and will not settle for the sake of being with someone, but I also am realistic and I think sometimes many women are not realistic in what they want for a mate.
 carribeanking7
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/15/2006 10:44:28 PM
Quote : Why is a decent girlfriend so hard to find?

First you must know what you are looking for,
find and understand yourself....
when you understand yourself then you will start to understand women better.

Mutual attraction may or may not happen....sometimes when we try too hard to find romance we cease to enjoy other aspects of life.

from your bitter post...you are not in an emotionally stable state to handle a relationship right now......so take a break and do other things that you enjoy.

Take out a piece of paper, write down : 10 reasons I dont need a girlfriend right now,
and focus on those- you will be surprised.
 ndt
Msg: 101
Posted: 2/16/2006 9:48:00 AM
OP - To me a girl/woman is only as good as their girlfriends - just use your imagination on why and you'll probably be correct.
 atg
Msg: 106
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:37:10 AM
Because with the female gender on any PARTICULAR SUBJECT OR ANYTHING this is the process they use and they do all of the things listed below every time - it comes down to:

1 = What they think.
2 = What they say.
3 = and What they'll eventually do.

It's difficult for a man to read/understand them most of the time.
 atg
Msg: 107
Posted: 2/17/2006 6:16:22 AM
Yeah!!! - Yeah!!! - Yeah!!!

Sure!!! - Right!!! - Okay!!!

Many Women will say, "I'm looking for this in a man and that in a man - yadda-yadda-yadda".

What happens is when they do settle with a good man who's devoted to her in every way they're still always looking for the "BBD" elsewhere, and when (not if) she finds the next (man) victim she'll then drop the then ex like a sack of potatoes (if that ex is fortunate) and run.

MANY women are like Cats - because cats can "sneak-walk" and that's what these types do to the men in their lives - SNEAK.

Sorry to sound so negative as I'm NOT a negative person - but I like calling a Spade a Spade. I reside in the NYC region of the USA and I've seen and heard too much of this type thing going on all the time in fact just about every few days.
 atg
Msg: 109
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:20:22 AM
adriana1986 - What does what I've said have to do with looks?

I don't need to post a photo to state my view on something that looks wasn't relevant on or even on the "radar" so to speak.

You said - "Atg, you looks are questionable because you don't have a photo. That implies you have something to hide. It is a fact that ugly men do not get pretty women. However, even if, by chance, you are nice looking, your attitude is not conducive to attracting desirable women. If that is your problem, perhaps that is the reason. Anyway, give it a little thought. Perhaps a few changes would do wonders."

Well, I'm not seeking "a romantic relationship" so that's quite a moot point.

atg
Msg: 111
Posted: 2/17/2006 7:38:18 AM
adriana1986 - Since you apologized - Apology accepted.

The Apology wasn't necessary nor sought, I didn't take it personally.

You may of seen my post in a different way and that's why you said what you said.

We all have opinions and you have a right to yours.

Keep up the good work in College.

Raven1
Msg: 114
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:45:01 PM
I think that I am a fairly decent women.

Ok people. English 101
Seems Dr. Raven is going to have to teach you all a lesson!

People on here always complain about grammar and spelling errors.
YET, soooo many do not seem to know the difference between "woman" and "women"!

WOMAN IS SINGULAR!
EXAMPLE: "I'M AN INTELLIGENT, WITTY, OUTGOING W-O-M-A-N"

WOMEN IS PLURAL!
EXAMPLE: "THOSE WOMEN LAST NIGHT SEEMED REALLY OUTGOING AND FRIENDLY"

WOMAN = 1
WOMAN = 2+

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
*takes a bow*
 Raven1
Msg: 115
Posted: 2/17/2006 5:56:54 PM
Why?
This one's a no brainer.

The QUALITY of women have gone down. So have the number of QUAILTY women.
Women are easy to find. They kind of women you can take home to mom and be proud of is a different story.

Don't get me wrong LADIES.
Not ALL of you are of without quality.

I'm just speaking in general.

Things aren't how they used to be.

Here's an example of (some) of today's women:

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts3335632.aspx
 mswstyln
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:26:51 PM
Zack, after reading you message, I checked out your profile. I am a lot older than you, infact I have a son your age. I don't understand the girls today. With a 'hunk' like you they should be great for someone kind and loving. You will find the right girl...give it time.
 bobbyp719
Msg: 117
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:34:58 PM
and know all ye men alike that this young self absorbed woman who decided to come down from on high just to "tell you things you wouldn't like" unwittingly gave you all an excellent example of what your dealing with....... narcisstic women will and do go thru life exploiting sexual reward/denial..........and eventually in time they come to believe themselves.... they have no use for a good loving man.........for them its all about delusion and power........ they are ignorant and selfish,,,,,,,.they are unkind and they tend to be unloving in any real sense.....the respond to money .....classic looks and men that won't ask them to be loving or caring ( bad boys).....the secret is to know whats important and then tune out forever these selfish narcisstic women who learn at an early age to use their gentitals to control men
 Raven1
Msg: 123
Posted: 2/18/2006 3:16:01 AM

They would not have the genes to be pro football players if they did not have symmetry.

WTF?

One does not need symmetry to become a pro football player.
 Hill_Valley_Hick
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2006 1:12:04 PM
"Adrianna: I've had to read your bullsh*t so much over the last week I am seriously considering never coming back to the forums again.

Your ego is OUT OF CONTROL!

And I F*CKING HATE YOUR PIECE OF SH*T attitude.

In fact.

It's safe to say....

I DO NOT like you....the person you seem hell bent on representing here.

Please go away.

You are worse than ANY troll.

kthanksbi"

Whoa someone has a lot of anger. Give the girl a break she is only young and naive and has a right to her opinion. She has a point about symmetry and attractiveness though but it is more essential for a woman to be physically attractive then a man. An ugly man can get women if he is manly, ripped, and triggers her primal urges. A bit of money doesn't hurt either lol. Why are you so full of anger?
 Lady Laugh
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2006 9:45:34 PM
Holey sweetheart.. What did those Virginia girls do to you? Just remmember it works both ways..there are alot of male shitheads out there too. And with your looks you shouldn't have too much problem finding a great gal.....ever been to Canada?
 Raven1
Msg: 136
Posted: 2/19/2006 4:14:11 AM
What I hate is when men like popsicleman and dbndon get on to me.

GOOD!
Do you now realize you know not what you speak of?

You seem to think of yourself as highly intelligent and a know-it-all but you obvioulsy don't know $hit.

Btw: very intelligent post with the insults. how old are you again?
12?
"how resentful she is of her betters" <---and just what makes you think you're better than ANYONE else?

It's obviously not your intelligence/knowledge as you're lacking it.
It's definately not your physical appearance as you don't possess any special looks/physical attributes to brag about!
 catman40
Msg: 137
Posted: 2/19/2006 9:34:11 AM
It would be nice to find a woman who lives in wisconsin . likes to go places . Any woman who would meet me would have the time of her LIFE .
 sddude
Msg: 155
Posted: 2/19/2006 9:43:55 PM
Decent girlfriend hard to find , yes I find it hard to find one of those , most women I meet i life , not only in the usual places but places the are unusual too seem to have decent girlfriend material but I soo nfind out that all the badboys have them with other multiple girlfriends that know eachother and are competing and also cheating , I find the ones that seem more stable have big issues , some are angry or flakey , some just ant to get married right away . Most pretend to be sugar and spice and look to the inside then one fionds out that physical attributes , professional atature and money is a biggie , I found a whole lot ofd women here in the forums are like that and do not evewn know it , some have addmitted to this ignorance or positive trait , that is how one would see it .

What ever happened to girls that are easy to talk to and easy to please , the mary anns in gilligan's island. Are they extinct ? The world has become competetive , women have this super huge guy pool that they can choose and match , they become cynical when they find they are attracted to the smae guys all girls want , these guys are the players of the world , the guys who have most of the girls busy , the ones that do get mail , the ones with the confidence that women created for them with all the encouragement and attention .

Real men who really want a girlfreind to be his best friend , partner , lover etc... have found themselves with a very small pool of women , it is not unusual for guys to lie about his conquests , the fact is that most guys do not have this " fun" or Success. It is those player guys that keep most women busy , it is their job to have fun anbd succes.

Even decent girls wnat those player type guys without knowing they are players , these guys know how to play the game women help create ,

Guys who really do not play the game , who want real decent girlfreinds because they feel that they are decent guys themselve that deserrve do not get one . Most women see them as less than interesting or desiring to them ... some of those guys settle ..

I may not be one of those second guys maybe I am or I am kidding myself , my pool of women to try to persue ... is so tiny when interest is genuine , that I have to think sensibly and toss in the towel and settle for only one girl that I know is interested in me , an ex girlfreind that cheated on me after just two weeks , she cheated in front of me , it is eather her or still be alone .

Since the pool of genuinely decent girls for me is dry that is what I have to do . Women friends of mine have made list of most of my positive traits and feel that I am way up there on the best guy that most women would make a desireable list of . it is only a list.

The ex girlfreind that I may accept is mean , disrespectful , controlling , materialistic and selfish but she acts like she loves me , so I may settle ...

Decent girls are hard to find , most women are so spoiled , in this site it has been shown that too may mails equals confusion and frustration for them , guys like me , no body wants , even more frustrated , at least women have a pool to choose from , they just have to think with their heads and less with their crotch and heart . They have to really think and analize " is this guy good for me ?".

One day like alot of guys ... I will be married again ( I have been widowed ) but may end up comprimising my happiness so not to be alone .

Notself promotion just showing that is really is hard and it happens , .... no one cares anyhow .
 sddude
Msg: 157
Posted: 2/21/2006 10:39:56 AM
yes adraina you are absolutely right , who would want to date a short loser like me ? I am sure you would not , you are too cute not to be choosy
 sddude
Msg: 158
Posted: 2/21/2006 10:48:39 AM
I am not fat, bald or unemployed , I make the money , damn but still a loser ... and my bad dude buds still get all the women and I mend their wounds , I am a good frie3nd but still a loser ,

I need a loser chick , not a fat and bald one , maybe a skinny homelss chick that lives in a dumpster , that eats trach for a living ..... yup I think I can get one of those as long as my shoes look clean , I am upscale and so hot for her ,

first date maybe go swimming at the beach so all them fleas drown and the crust off her skin shows the real hue.

Yes I am a loser , so what ? I suck

sddude
Msg: 159
Posted: 2/21/2006 12:15:04 PM
Easy to understand once you know the language ? , you were taught all your life , so you can say that , how about us the ignorant , it is all klingon to us .
 sddude
Msg: 160
Posted: 2/21/2006 12:23:32 PM
Just do not scream that in their face on the first date , even the good ones will run away from you , let them know little by little , maybe that is why most men will not date you , maybe you are too defensive even before anything even sprouts .

I wanted to date some girls but upon asking them out they tersly brought up some serious strong ground rules , damn , it might as well have been a football rule book .

Maybe you are sweet and nice , I do not know you , you are cute anyhow .
 sddude
Msg: 162
Posted: 2/22/2006 7:23:24 AM
Been there done that these couple of years ariana , not even looking for a good looking one but have a minimum specific look , age range pretty open , I fail in this so that is why I feel the way I feel , I have not persued the ones you mentioned at all . You even mentioned yourself as to far out of reach , you are not a super model but most women I guess think like you towards guys like me .

Having done what all the women like you have suggested just made me realize what a pile of crap I am to women , left overs of a genetic experiment .
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >