Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many of you would date a man with no car or license???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jolopero
Msg: 576
view profile
History
How many of you would date a man with no car or license???Page 24 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
Women that dont date a guy cause he dont have a car deserve to get played to the fullest!
 SaharaM
Msg: 577
view profile
History
How many of you would date a man with no car or license???
Posted: 7/3/2011 9:44:04 AM
^^ So you're not ok with people making personal life choices based on their own needs and preferences? People with whom you disagree (regardless of the fact that their choices have zero impact on your life) "deserve" to be taken advantage of?

Hmm. That seems gratuitously hateful.
 findniceguy
Msg: 578
Posted: 7/7/2011 8:49:18 PM
but no car for reasons that were,nt my fault .Insurance paying child support ,paying rent and having to pay back a lot of cash for a loan I co-signed for are most of the reasons.You think any of the attractive woman were compassionate and understanding.Guess now I have to go into debt again for another three years

Those reasons are your fault. We have all had to pay our bills, I have never gotten one penny of child support and still manage to take care of my business. I wouldn't date someone like this not so much cause of no car, but the whole mindset. I want someone who handles thier business regardless. Someone with thier shit together.
 tchntm43
Msg: 579
view profile
History
Posted: 7/8/2011 10:37:07 AM
I do not own a car or have a license, though I hope to make it there eventually. The main reasons I don't have a license are that I have really bad panicky anxiety behind the wheel, frequent double-vision due to strabismus, temporary near-sightedness, and distraction problems. Even if I had a license, I would never be able to own a car on my current income level (it's hard enough paying rent as it is).

Fortunately, I live in a large city with ample public transportation, and when I move it will be to another such city.

At some point, I do hope to see an eye doctor to clear some of the problems, because I will need the use of a van for the business I want to run, which I will probably have to rent since I don't expect to ever have enough money to buy one.

Naturally, I would have no problem dating someone who doesn't own a car, and 2 out of the 3 in the past were in that category.
 _eunique
Msg: 580
Posted: 7/8/2011 1:09:15 PM
No, I would not. No car and no license means he will be calling you for a ride all the time. I have no kids and refuse to adopt one disguised as a man.

Sorry!
 BlueEyedGuy1974
Msg: 581
Posted: 7/8/2011 1:31:20 PM

No, I would not. No car and no license means he will be calling you for a ride all the time. I have no kids and refuse to adopt one disguised as a man.

Sorry!

Love how you come to the conclusion that just because a guy does not have a car and or a license that he will be bumming rides from you. There is no proof that a guy will be bumming a ride from you even if he doesn't have a car.

Even if he did have a vehicle chances are he would bum something else off of you.

I have no car but I have a license. It is a personal reason as to why I no longer have a car and have not had one for almost 2 years. And yet I've never bummed a ride off of anyone. If they offer I might accept. But I've never asked for a ride.
 CumberlandIsTheBestLand
Msg: 582
Posted: 7/21/2011 1:18:04 PM
Resurrecting this to announce that I'm retaking drivers ed in August.
 harlem9090
Msg: 583
Posted: 7/21/2011 1:38:29 PM
All guys should drive, you're a failure in life if you don't. . .
 Kevoir1985
Msg: 584
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2011 9:45:44 PM
i like you reply I live in london and do not need a license i commute and use busses, If i was on a date I would make sure I pay for the cab I don't see the big deal!
 nwsaf2012
Msg: 585
view profile
History
Posted: 7/21/2011 10:00:05 PM
I see the no car thing...especially if you live in NYC, or somewhere that you really have no need for one. No license? That's kind of a red flag. (Unless there's a really good reason...like say, legally blind.) As was mentioned, getting a license in the US generally costs less than $20...and is the generally accepted means of identification for an adult in this country.
 littleinsomniac
Msg: 586
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:05:00 AM
Holy crap.

All the men I've dated had no car and no license. I am in shock. Literal shock haha... how can this be a dealbreaker for some people?!
 sportsgirl7700
Msg: 587
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:22:29 AM
"Women that dont date a guy cause he dont have a car deserve to get played to the fullest!"

So, it is completely fair for one person to do all of the driving 100% of the time and put the miles on their car. Classy...

I won't date a man without a car. I have a car- he should too. I want to date someone who I can relate to. Bitter attitudes regarding personal preferences, which everyone have and are entitled to, are pointless. People are gonna have opinions. Gotta love the 1st amendment!
 CarpeOmnia
Msg: 588
view profile
History
Posted: 7/22/2011 8:40:41 AM

how can this be a dealbreaker for some people?!

Easy. Where I live is a small town...in a rural area...to do much of anything, or to see anybody, one needs to drive. I want to be with someone that is able to share that expense. Not into being a chauffer.

As for no license...amongst the men I know that don't have a license...the large majority is due to too many DUI's or having had their license taken away due to non-payment of child support. Both deal-breakers.
 home_osorio
Msg: 589
Posted: 7/22/2011 10:29:56 AM
i would. the guys i been with either do not have a car or don't have their licenses yet.
 CumberlandIsTheBestLand
Msg: 590
Posted: 7/22/2011 10:43:03 AM
I flunked driver's ed once before. The driving school wouldn't even give me a second chance. So I had to enroll at a new one. Since I don't have a license yet, I plan on only dating locally for now.
 luvnsumr71
Msg: 591
Posted: 7/22/2011 3:25:10 PM
I have dated a couple of guys with no license/car and I have to say that I have grown since then.....
I am by far not a materialistic person but I would much prefer a man be able to pick me up and drive me around now and then.
 cashleys
Msg: 592
Posted: 7/27/2011 10:28:19 PM
I would not date them. 99% of the time they have been in trouble and had it taken away. Afraid to drive? Really? Never heard of that.
 Ruckus_73
Msg: 593
Posted: 8/1/2011 5:04:12 PM
I find it unfair! I have dated woman with no car, I don't past judgement. Maybe he/she can't drive for medical reasons? If you had your license and/or car taken away for some stupid reasons then so be it....someone was a jackass!
But I agree on the 'I don't want to be a taxi'.
I don't have a car. I am fully independent without one. I have my full license, I know how to drive and not a bad driver too. So I made the choice to own a $3500. mt.bike and live a clean healthy lifestyle. Plus my daughter wants to goto University in 2012. I would rather help pay for her education.
 Pinayto
Msg: 594
Posted: 8/1/2011 9:09:25 PM
It is a big turn off for me. Especially the no license. That's a red flag that it was revoked coz of DUI maybe? So, he is an irresponsible trouble maker. So why would I date him? I came on here to find my partner in life not to be some1's designated driver.

Although if you both live in the city with lots of public transportation/taxis, I won't mind. Who needs a car OR license in a city where having a car is just a burden anyway? I myself won't even have a car living in a city. So we're just even, no harm done. Let's date. lol.

For some mysterious reason though, I've had a few guys on here asking me if I have a car and have no idea why I always get asked that question?
 JeetKuneDo
Msg: 595
Posted: 8/2/2011 12:52:29 AM

So, it is completely fair for one person to do all of the driving 100% of the time and put the miles on their car. Classy...

I rather ride my bike than ride in a car or bus. If I really have to I will take a bus. In most cases I ride my mountain bike. People have become so lazy. My mountain bike is apart of me. I rode my mountain bike more than the car I had many years ago. Plus I save a lot of money not burning gas. I think when gas hits $3.00/liter people will start walking, riding a bike or take a bus.
 Vamperella
Msg: 596
Posted: 8/2/2011 2:32:35 AM
As long as he could put up with my driving and not tell me how to drive...we're good!

But i can pretty much guarantee it wouldn't be long before he got his license and his own car and did the driving though
 KittenSoul
Msg: 597
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2011 3:11:39 AM
Now that sounds pretty cool ! oh, I have a licence and I would pay for the gas and the drinks. Sorry but my ex-girlfriend left me and took my car and my Baby Alligator ( The B_tch ) ! I sure miss Smily ( My Baby Gator) .
 KittenSoul
Msg: 598
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2011 3:23:31 AM
Well Cookie it was either Fix my beat-up car or pay my house taxes and I was not gonna lose a $100,000 house to fix a crappy Ford Bronco that wasn't worth 3000 bucks ! Chuck it ! At least my house is paid-for . By the way you are a real cutie Punkin ! Wish I had you for a buddy.
 Vamperella
Msg: 599
Posted: 8/2/2011 5:00:34 AM
Yeah...nah.

You definately wouldn't be allowed behind the wheel of my 4 wheel drive. Besides...y'all drive on the wrong side of the road anyway

Later gator
 coollora
Msg: 600
Posted: 8/2/2011 10:51:27 AM
i dated a man once,we met at the restaurant,and as we were eating he told me he had no license,he had taken a cab there...what was i to do ,i lived close by and we went to my home and had some coffee...about 10.00 ,two hours later,he said he was calling the cab to pick him up,i wasnt driving him home... i havent heard from him since.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many of you would date a man with no car or license???