Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 siisaa
Msg: 530
How many of you would date a man with no car or license???Page 25 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)

with cars as common as they are, why date someone who doesn't have one when there's so many other people out there who do have one?

This. The vast majority of able-bodied, gainfully employed men around my age have a vehicle. There wouldn't be any reason to date someone who didn't have one UNLESS he's a guy I already knew and had some investment in. If we're talking about strangers, online or off, then hell no I'm not dating a carless dude. With new people, I don't care about the reasons for not having a license. I'll just date someone else or stay home.

My ex-fiance did not have a car when we first met. However, we met in grad school and spent a great deal of time on campus together AND at social outings with our other classmates. Our program was pretty small with about 35 students and many of us would go to dinner, drinks & the club together on the weekends...we needed to decompress! Him not having a car didn't prevent us from spending time together. He didn't get a car until we had been dating for about 4-5 months. That car got stolen and he was carless again but by then, we were already an established couple so I didn't mind. I drove him around but he was also very self-sufficient with public transit. Got another vehicle a few months later and it was a non-issue.
 cooldog65
Msg: 531
view profile
History
How many of you would date a man with no car or license???
Posted: 8/27/2018 9:52:25 PM
^^^ It's always funny when you agree with your own quote under a previous username...
 Seahorse_Jockey
Msg: 532
Posted: 8/28/2018 8:11:17 AM
Dating someone with no car works both ways. I dated a woman who had no car, and I often felt like a cab driver or chauffeur. Every time she needed to go somewhere, I would get a call and request for a ride. I asked her, since she has no car, would she or did she date a guy who also didn't have a vehicle. She said she wouldn't date a guy who didn't have a car.
 julystorm22
Msg: 533
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2018 12:22:53 PM
I would never ever date a guy without a vehicle of his own. I don't live in a place with public transportation so if you don't have a car, its pretty difficult to get a good job unless you taxi it or work at a lower-paying job. A guy without a car makes me automatically assume he has had DUIs and lost his license. Maybe in a big city it wouldn't be such a big deal because I know of guys who bike everywhere but in my neck of the woods, a guy needs his own ride.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >