Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many of you would date a man with no car or license???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tyger81382
Msg: 101
How many of you would date a man with no car or license???Page 5 of 29    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
Well this topic has gotten a lot of replies since I started it months ago. Well I'm going to let the cat out of the bag now and tell you that the guy without a car or license is me. I'm sorry if I lied to you but I didn't want to get fussed at or judged because I was and still am in that situation. I wanted to hear some opinions and advice first.

I'd had a permit for several years now but due to fear I've never gotten a license. Yes I've been driving before and I've gotten a bit better but it's the main roads and highways that bother me. Driving is pretty much my only big fear and i hope with more practice I'll get over my fears and fianlly get my license. Like I said it's only main roads that bother me. I can be pretty calm on a street in my neighborhood or a less busier one.

I think if i ahd my license and my own car then I'd have a much easier time finding a girlfriend. I find that I connect with women with similar music tastes, taste in TV and movies but it's the car and license thing that really hurts me. I know I'm 23 and really should have a license so i'm working on it and need to pick up the pace. Boy does the lack of a license get thrown in my face a lot! That's especially coming from some family members!

I hope you guys aren't too upset with me for not telling you this information sooner. so you all see a big reason my i'm still single. The thing is to never give up because one day that woman will come along who accepts me for who I am as cliche as that sounds. Hopefully when that day comes i'll be in a better financial state so I can afford a car!

Feel free to continue posting advice and messages. I'd appreciate it and maybe we can help others with the same or similar problems...
 Greeneyezz
Msg: 102
How many of you would date a man with no car or license???
Posted: 6/17/2006 11:03:42 PM

No car is fine, but no license? I need SOMEone to drive me around when I've been drinking.

LOL

What about the guy that can't have a woman that gets drunker than him??
 BK 1972
Msg: 103
Posted: 6/17/2006 11:09:18 PM
I somehow end up dating women who have no license. This has happened to me in Ohio , NC and now FL . Just this week a woman I went on a date with a woman from this site that had hers revoked. It doesnt bother me, but Its a sign that the woman is an alcaholic 9 times out of 10.
 tyger81382
Msg: 104
Posted: 6/17/2006 11:11:26 PM
I think that it's pretty interesting that I just posted that I didn't have a friend who had a fear of driving and that it was me all along and nobody notices LOL. I even started this topic!!! LOL!!!
 BK 1972
Msg: 105
Posted: 6/17/2006 11:14:39 PM
I noticed .why do you fear driving ? I can understand if it was downtown Tampa FL in rush hour.
 MzRo
Msg: 106
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 4:12:44 AM
Hmmm...I drive a Z-71 Chevy Silverado LT Truck ... with gas prices being what they are, perhaps, I should just bat my eyes and say "I don't have a license, can you pick me up?"
 TwoTall69
Msg: 107
Posted: 6/18/2006 4:40:30 AM
THIS IS TOO A OLD OLD FORUM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i happen to be a disabled man you got a problem with me with out a licence or a set of wheels then you better grow up
 TwoTall69
Msg: 108
Posted: 6/18/2006 4:43:56 AM
go figure duhh when you deside to learn to check the Forum http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts4216127.aspxms
 tyger81382
Msg: 109
Posted: 6/18/2006 5:25:45 AM
BK I fear driving because of the possibility of getting into a wreck. There's a lot of people that aren't very careful on the road but I'd feel that due to my inexperience I would be the one to hit another car due to nervousness. It's just something I'll have to get over to better increase my chances of finding the right woman.
 Sensual Listener
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:04:03 AM
One thing that bothers some is the fact that some women tend to scoff at those who drive older cars, especially one from the 80's or older. It's like, if he cant get a newer car then he's not worth dating anyway. I figure that if that's the case then she's not worth it anyway being superficial. I drive an 84 Olds and still runs great to this day. I would like a new car on of these days but until then I work with what I have.
 Genuinebeauty1964
Msg: 111
Posted: 6/18/2006 9:11:16 AM
If I lived in NYC i would find it acceptable,,,but not in my city.
 misseyes
Msg: 112
Posted: 6/18/2006 11:32:41 AM
Oh wow, I can't believe some of the comments in here. Since when should someone be judged because of no car, no license? I have quite a few friends who don't have one or the other, or both for whatever reason. Not everyone without a license, is an alcoholic, as someone suggested, not everyone without a car, can't drive. I didn't drive once for a year after a bad accident because I was terrified of being hit again.

I have no problems driving if the person I am with, doesn't drive, or can't drive. If they are willing to help pay for gas, it doesn't bother me at all. Heavens, its only a chunk of metal and a piece of paper, and people say no to dating them? wow.
 kuvopolis
Msg: 113
Posted: 6/18/2006 12:25:42 PM
There was a girl I dated who had no vehicle and lived in Central Illinois, where you really need one. To me that was a big negative, because it was hard for her to move around everywhere. I did not like the power dynamic there. Granted, there were some issues involved, so I cannot say it was a dealbreaker.

If she could do things easily without a car (e.g. lived in Boston, NYC) it would be a different story.
 pjalive21
Msg: 114
Posted: 6/18/2006 12:43:02 PM
im in the same situation but i get my license back in August...from personal experience it is a huge problem when it comes to dating...ive chose not to date until i get it back and IMO i think you should focus on getting it back before you hit the scene again...im the type of person that hates relying on other people, especially a gf, so just avoid the hassle/arguement/ and getting it thrown in your face and dont date till then
 icyunvme99
Msg: 115
Posted: 6/18/2006 1:07:30 PM
I defenintly would not, because i think having a car at least shows responsibility, and that is what attracts me, i have my own car so i don't need anyone elses. I just like people to take care of themselves.
 lotsabooty
Msg: 116
Posted: 6/18/2006 8:55:26 PM
Today, owning a car is a huge expense...........I know many people who have lots of money in the bank account, own a house & are very responsible...........w/o a car. Not having a license can pose some problems but there are ways around that if the relationship goes anywhere, like encouraging them to get a license. I was engaged to a guy who had no car & no license , but the agreement was that he would get his license, b/c I wasn't being the family taxi. It worked well, he got his license............the reason he didn't have one is b/c he always lived in a city where there was a great transit system & could not see the reason to bother. You may miss your princess or prince if you hold this against them!
 irishchick82
Msg: 117
Posted: 11/30/2006 6:00:50 PM
No I wouldn't date someone who didn't have a car or license. Just one example of someone that would not be reliable, dependable or someone that is independent. One- He would become dependent on me for his rides, transportation, etc. Two- What if it became a serious relationship and something happened to my vehicle. Or I was going to be late and couldn't pick my child up from daycare and wanted him to. He should be dependent and reliable enough to at least have a car and license. I really don't care what kind of "car" they have- as long as they have one.
 Cher-Bear
Msg: 118
Posted: 11/30/2006 6:28:57 PM
No license...I'd question him about why he doesn't have a license and does he plan on getting one. Unpaid tickets....gotta pay them if not that would show me he's not a responsible person...DUI's...that would be a total turn off (I'm not into someone that drink and drives....putting his or mine or complete strangers life on the line).....If he doesn't have a car...well that one might be tricky....I like to go away and I'm not a taxi service...I suppose if he was willing to help and pay for gas....might be Ok....but honestly, if he doesn't have a car I would be a little skeptical about his reasons for not having a car and what that is about...
 thejamiecat
Msg: 119
Posted: 11/30/2006 6:31:58 PM
No I would not (granted sometimes you just never know who you'll fall for, but i wouldn't intentionally date someone without a licence)

I can't think of any reason for someone NOT to have a license that I would be willing to get myself involved in.
 sallyao4322
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2006 6:53:50 PM
no way would i dat e a man with no license or no car. you can't go no place and to me that's boring
 angel121
Msg: 121
Posted: 12/1/2006 5:33:39 AM
Hi all
First time i have checked out the forum.But had to post reply to this subject.I customize cars in my spare time(but car hunting at the mo,for new project).If a guy drives and has a car,why is it that HE is expected to be the taxi for the woman.Been there and brought the t-shirt.I did not work hard all day to come home and take the woman out for the evening to just drink POP all night.It would be great for the woman to drive me to places and buy ME the drinks all night.But nevermind,i just think its the day and age we are living in.LOL.
But you have to laugh that alot of woman think like that,really.Small minded.Heeeee
DAN
 sickntired
Msg: 122
Posted: 12/1/2006 5:58:42 AM
I've got my own car and I wouldn't date someone who doesn't. I'm not becoming a taxicab service and doing all the driving. It had happened in the past, friends with no license or car, using me for lifts when doing their shopping etc, automatically assuming that I would drive them home. puts a sour taste in your mouth.
Nope, wouldn't do it.
 ~TrueBlood~
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2006 8:17:16 AM
I would not date some one who didn't have a car. Unless you live in an urban center where buses, subways etc run all night long and every 5 minutes, so I guess it would depend on where you live. I would not drive to pick him up every time we wanted to go out, drive him home, drive to the date, etc - I am not a taxi cab. It has nothing to do with "responsibility", it has to do with convenience, and lifestyle, so a carless man would not be for me. Would I then have to drive him shopping? Pick him up from work in bad weather? Always be the designated driver? I would begin to feel like I had an obligation to drive, and I am not someone who will be obligated. I also do not live on a bus route, so how would he get to my place? To the date? How could he take ME anywhere? Practicality has to play a factor.
 angel121
Msg: 124
Posted: 12/1/2006 10:27:51 AM
He he he he.Lyrical girl.LMFAO.
Pick him up when he wanted to go out?
Drive him home?
Drive to the date?
Pick him up at work in bad weather?
How could he take ME anywhere?
LMFAO.
Men drivers do that every time!!!!!!!
You still single?
Think about it!!!!!!
 sickntired
Msg: 125
Posted: 12/1/2006 10:32:35 AM
what she said was: she would always be the designated driver.
there's nothing wrong with sharing the responsibility of driving each other around. it's when the responsibility always falls on one person's shoulders that it becomes a burden.
I think that's what she was alluding to.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How many of you would date a man with no car or license???