Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How did you come up with your screen name?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Dog Mommy
Msg: 26
How did you come up with your screen name?Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I didn't come up with it...OTB did
 ~Ignominious ~
Msg: 27
How did you come up with your screen name?
Posted: 8/7/2007 1:23:36 PM
~Ignominious ~

Definition of ignominious - Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Pronunciation: "ig-n&-'mi-nE-&s
Function: adjective
1 : marked with or characterized by disgrace or shame : DISHONORABLE
2 : deserving of shame or infamy : DESPICABLE
3 : HUMILIATING, DEGRADING
 MeereKat
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/14/2008 10:37:16 AM
After reading S O many womens complaints about mens self-centered, Macho, egotistical attitudes....
I came up with :
*NotAllMenAreTheSame*
...This is my 3rd Profile, here . . [the Only one that is active . . ]
. . . .
 cdb11696
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2008 4:44:54 PM
They are my son's initials and birthday. no imagination for a screenname so that's what I came up with
 alwaysgot2bme
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/14/2008 8:42:00 PM
I was sitting at my desk and decided to give POF another try. I had a "got2b" product sitting in front of me. "got2bme" was taken, so I added always!

Its not my most suiting screen name but it works :)
 OhioLady59
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2008 10:03:39 PM
I pulled eight letters out of a bag of Scrabble tiles and this is what I came up with. Seriously.
 Cheezyone
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2008 10:07:57 PM
I just read all the threads that a person could find on the topic of "How did you come up with your screen name" until I found one nobody had. Seriously.
 Tia-kahlua
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/15/2008 1:33:20 AM
Well guess you could say I have a sweet tooth and a taste for exotic places and flavours . When I was younger, I liked both tia maria and kahlua for their sweetness, but now I enjoy them for their jamaican and mexican coffee flavours, also two places Id love to visit. So Im Tia-Kahlua...nice blend dont you think.
 keyman11
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 5:07:26 AM
I spend lots of time on the keyboard loll....
 Jana60
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2008 6:32:49 AM
Jana is a shortened, American version of my name and 60 is the year I was born.
 wizardofossington
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/15/2008 1:25:06 PM
If I told you then I would have to kill you, so I'll past.....Very top secret and our national security would be at risk.
 horneschwoggle
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/15/2008 6:26:41 PM
I'm a lil' **stard
 Vintage Princess
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/16/2008 2:17:02 AM
I collect vintage, retro and antique things.... and I'm a princess.lol
 Two Hawks
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2008 4:20:26 AM
Two Hawks takes the Talking Stick:

My screen name is my earned tribal name. Tribal names are usually earned, but they can be handed down father to son; mother to daughter. A tribal name is earned by three days of fasting and being totally alone with only the bare essentials. You are alone in the wilderness. Your food is what you find to eat. After three days of basically fasting and eating only the bare minimum, you will have visions. My vision was two Hawks soaring through the air so I earned the name Two Hawks. My other, non official, tribal name is Pony Soldier. This was given to me by my friends on the reservation because I belonged to a riding club called the Gold Creek Cavalry. We wore the old type cavalry uniforms and were a parade unit. I was seen in a parade and they started calling me "Pony Soldier" and it stuck!

Two Hawks passes the Talking Stick
 RSwindol
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2008 4:34:16 AM
It's my first initial plus my last name.
 rake117
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/16/2008 5:58:28 AM
In 1988, I was active on several local "BBS" systems. Those were a primitive attempt at the wonderful Internet forums we have today. Most of them were run by folks (the "sysop") who, for some reason and thank-you-very-much, dedicated a computer and a phone line to letting strangers talk to each other on computers. A little bit like what Mr. POF is doing, writ small. Except it wasn't about dating, due to the lack of female interest in being online at the time.

The ones I tended to gravitate to were used mostly by people with a really wacky sense of humor. Screen names were imaginative and sometimes long.

I'm bad when it comes to inventing names. I really, really, suck at it. I started out borrowing different names from Star Trek and other fiction, and I discovered that because of that, I had an automatic "respect deficit" for being so unimaginative. So, one day, I was brainstorming with my brother about it, and I said: "I'm just gonna pick something totally ridiculous. I'm gonna be.... SATANIC GARDEN RAKE!"

And that stupid name stuck! And stuck! And stuck! I earned some friends online and got a little bit of a good reputation going, and I loved that, but that stupid name kept following me around. That was great in 1988 when only computer people called me that, but believe it or not in 1993 it was sort of awkward when I was out with my buddy and we'd meet some ladies and he'd say, "And this is Satanic Garden Rake!"

I tried SO HARD to shake that name! I even raged and yelled about it. "QUIT F***IN' CALLING ME THAT!"

It's different now. Today, I publish music under the name, "S.G. Rake". The name has become a comfortable, familiar thing. It's almost as "real" to me as my actual birth name. Every online thing I do, I try to get different variations of "rake" or "sg_rake", until I find one that works. I try to leave the word "Satanic" out of it now and just initialize it. But, just like before, if my old pals link me, it's spelled right out: Satanic Garden Rake.

If I'd known how hard that name was gonna stick, I probably would have picked "Unlimited Masculinity" or other braggy nonsense like that. :-)
 London Lass 59
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/16/2008 7:27:30 AM
Well mine is pretty easy really.........

London, because I was born and raised in London, England.........

Lass, well because I am a girl, plus it flowed well with London..........

59, well that is the year I was born, so now you all know how old I am!! lol
 hoosierblonde
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2008 6:47:11 PM
I amfrom Indiana....hence hoosier.....I am blonde, and I was born in 65.....hoosierblonde65!!!!!
 Sn0man
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/17/2008 5:18:09 AM
I was living in Vernon in 2004 going to college there, and we got this enormous snowstorm one night - and I had just bought my first 4x4 a month before. Now when I say snowstorm, i'm talking 2 feet of snow in an hour - it was crazy! Anyhow, I had a class that eve, and in spite of the rediculous amount of snow, I 4x4'd my way to the college, and was the only one to make it. Then spent the entire evening cruising up the mountain in the snow plowing by people who were digging their cars out of their driveways, shooting me dirty looks as I carelessly sped through their streets. It was a total blast - and that eve went online and for the first time was prompted for a nickname - so Sn0man it was!!
 garnet73
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/17/2008 5:53:42 PM
Garnet = Birthstone, 73 = Birth year.

Like Rake117, I'm also a graduate of a local modem & phone BBS community. There were quite a few sites, and a lot of them linked, and through university networks even linked to some sites from farther away. There are still a few people who I know from those days who are more likely to call me JJ than anything else, which was my nickname abbreviated from back then. I also used Fafnir (norse mythology) and Mr. Melodrama for a while. I was actually thinking about JJ the other day, but it's not a name I could use on a dating site, it would give the wrong impression.
 anti-ipenema
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/19/2008 2:39:17 AM
I'm short and pale and old and ugly
and when the girl who is the anti-ipenema goes walking
all the men go AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHGGGGGG!!!!
teehee
 MrForumsOnly
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/19/2008 3:32:50 AM
CA is the abbreviation of the state I come from California, Black Belt means I have a Black Belt in the Martial Arts.
 imalitltpot
Msg: 48
Posted: 2/19/2008 11:00:25 AM
Imalitltpot - short and stout!

Does that make you wanna SING??
 imalitltpot
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/19/2008 11:07:40 AM
RSwindol said:
It's my first initial plus my last name.

WHY would you do that??? Do you know how long it took me to search for "R. Swindol" in West Point, Mississippi? (You have a large family).

Not very safe, dude.
 wondering1980
Msg: 50
Posted: 2/19/2008 12:08:35 PM
my nickname on here is just something random i though of cause so many different user names are used...it means nothing and never will...i don't really understand why a nickname on here should mean anything anyway...
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > How did you come up with your screen name?