Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Obesity a bigger turn-off than STD?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MellyBabez
Msg: 7
Obesity a bigger turn-off than STD?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

a lot of people do not have sex with obese people..

PSH! I'm not even going to GO there.
 MellyBabez
Msg: 8
Obesity a bigger turn-off than STD?
Posted: 12/29/2005 9:47:19 PM
ok..but they are willing to get a life long disease instead? hhahah

You didnt offend me, I get mine, Just an age old topic, misconceptions, is all.

Well, im going to go from person experience when i say that men generally dont like you either.

hahaah I was just kidding :) Girl, seriously thoe, i was just kidding :)
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/30/2005 7:59:26 AM
Definitely one for the "things that make you shake your head" category. Aids and herpes better than a few extra pounds. I wonder what demographic was used for this one. If anyone knows please email me. I WANT TO AVOID THEM.
 GoldenTiger
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:29:22 AM
how about neither ? i wouldn't want to date either person
 a_vamp
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/31/2005 10:24:47 PM
Posted By: opticalnoise on 12/29/2005 6:50 PM
Message: You know vamp.... it's really funny you should say you wished I lived in Asia. I actually just came back from Singapore in September... I was there for an entire month! I was staying in Yishun and Sembawang, and I had a great time there. I just applied for 3 of the Poly's as I want to do that study and work in Singapore for 6 years program. I hope I get accepted! Then your wish will come true.

Anyway I don't think anyone in their right mind would choose a person with an STD over an overweight person. Then again, I know people that date girls that are overweight+STD...

Off-Topic but... I am very honoured to hear that you picked my country for your study/work Opti. Thank you.... Yishun?!?! Dang! How come I never saw you? I was staying with my Grandma in Yishun before I got my own flat in September!

Having stayed in Asia for a while, you probably know what I meant when I said "Anorexic Asia"...

Weight is such an issue here that 2 weeks ago, some girls from a local high school landed in hospital for mul-nutrition as a result of their "private competition" to lose weight... Yes, how airhead can one get... but Asia is NOT forgiving towards extra poundage at all. For example, its hard to find jeans/pants with a waist measurement more than 30"... Average bra cups usually stop at "C" - pay more for western brands if ya need "D-cups"... There's even a TV show which gather a bunch of ladies to make them compete against each other for weight-loss in order to clinch the prize... Girls here are generally small, so if your waist-measure exceed 28" and your height = 5 ft 5, you're either labelled fat or "big"...

And mum asked WHY I don't go out with locals.... My ex-boyfriend called me "shorty" (just for laugh) when I was in Canada... Back in Asia, I'm just er... "tall and big"...

AV
 2findU
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2006 1:12:07 PM
I would rather have a healthy overweight woman than a thin one with STD.
 tjrogelio
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2006 8:49:35 PM
decisions.....
decisions.....
 Jonsson8
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/24/2006 4:40:55 AM
Many people do like big mates, there are plenty of BBW/BHM fans out there, although they might be a minority. But it's their preference, just like how some people prefer blondes, tall people or asian people. However, I've never heard of ANYONE saying they prefer people with a STD, that'd be such a bizarre fetish.
 a_vamp
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/24/2006 7:44:50 AM
Ooh! I haven't visited my own thread for ages... good to see its still alive...

Ah well... Stuff I did to try to lose a few pounds can be gross sometimes - like drinking vinegar 3 times a day for example...

One thing i kinda appreciate about my ex bf is that he insisted I'm not fat whenever I said I was... Hmm... maybe that's reason enough not to be mad at him already... Dang... now i keep hearing his voice calling me "shorty" in my head... and I just HAD to be with him when I saw the this MIDGET car for the first time in my life....

Ok...back to topic....

Hmm... maybe those people who did the survey weren't actually "preferring" STD over Fat.... I think the whole point of the report was probably to expose something people won't actually discuss or admit in general... STD may be an extreme but I DID saw one guy's profile on another site which looks like this...

"I'm sorry but I'm just NOT turned on by overweight people. I put in effort to exercise to look good, so I'd appreciate it that my partner will do the same."

I'm not shitting you... That was a REAL profile... mann I wonder how many hate-mail our friend received...
 justsittinghere
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:45:35 PM
I don't want to bang some chick with AIDS, that's for sure. But I would rather dig into a chick with some garden variety, condom protected disease than a fat girl. I can use protection from the disease and ain't got nothing to protect me from the fat girl. Poor fat girls with std's cuz I guess they got it real bad in that survey.
 justsittinghere
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/22/2006 10:40:29 AM

Protection isn't 100% effective. I know the packages say as much. It's pretty dumb not to know this.

I think everyone knows this. What are they suppose to put on the box "odds in your favour". The chance of transmission is about 1 - 2%, the chance of seeing something gross on a fat girl is 100%.
 _Atlas_
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/22/2006 11:22:12 AM
I would have to say a spare tire is a lot easier to take than someone with the std baggage... I dunno what people this magazine questioned..

Condoms aren't as safe as they are made out to be... a lot of people cought herpes thinking that the condom made them invincible... not to mention it seems like the only VD people think about is AIDS.. and herpes to a lesser degree..

Guess I value my health a bit too much not to mention people can lose weight.. all it takes is the right (healthy) diet and a lot of physical activity hell I lost 60 pounds of college fat quite a number or years ago and manage to keep it off... so I know it can be done with the right motivation and approach... but as long as a fat person keeps strong, flexible, works their heart and lungs on a regular basis and have good blood work (cholesterol etc) and normal pressure... a fat person can be fairly fit... but the facts are it is harder on the body to carry a lot of extra weight

anyway... I don't read those men's magazines anymore.. they are full of commercial crap and the attitude that all chicks have to be slutty, have huge t!ts and act like the typical hollywood bimbo..

Men's Health used to be good.. Heath, food, fashion tips... it was pretty good.. but then they started to add some of the Maxim/FHM/Stuff crap in and it has gone down hill... I remember one artical for guys on choosing a college based on how some colleges are full of drunken s!uts and others are more sports and buisness oriented but still fun, and others bible thumping conservatives and yet others full of man-hating dykes...and they seemed to push the drunken skank idea regardless of how good the other schools were
 justsittinghere
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/22/2006 12:01:56 PM
I am 20 years old and nowhere near desperate enough to start banging fat girls. Are you serious? If you show me a 20 year old guy who is looking for the person deep inside and a long lasting relationship, then you are looking at one ugly 20 year old.
 HalftimeDad
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/22/2006 12:14:08 PM
The original survey was in a men's health magazine. Just me, but I think the readers of the mag might be a little more obsessed with weight and appearance than the population at large.
 acgoat
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/23/2006 4:38:59 AM
No to STD

A few extra lbs is ok, unless it really means obesity

then I'll elect third option:selfservice
 whothehellknows
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/15/2009 6:26:05 PM
Well my question would be how do you know someone has an STD when you first meet them? When I see obese women, I know up front that I am not attracted to them and nothing will ever develop past friendship.

I would have to know more about this study because it leaves a lot of questions unanswered.
 geeleebee
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/15/2009 7:51:12 PM
mmm...apples...dipped in chocolate...caramel apples...pie...apple crisp...apple pancakes...but--I digress.

Obesity is one person's disease. It is mine, and I own it. Kissing me will not make you obese--it will not alter your blood sugar. Having sex with an obese person might be challenging, but it won't leave you with herpes , HIV, gonorrhea, or any number of sexually transmitted surprises--unless that person is a carrier.

An STD is shared by, sometimes, countless people, and some of them are the gift that keeps on giving--forever.

For those who would rather face an STD than date/have a relationship with an obese person--go on ahead.

Silly.
 geeleebee
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/15/2009 10:01:09 PM
When I was dating during the dozen years after my divorce--I got remarried four years ago--I met some of the greatest guys.

These were educated, professional, intelligent men who weren't forced to date the zaftig woman (me), they just seemed to like me. They were respectful--and the sex was great!

Perhaps it has more to do with maturity and understanding that a person's worth is not measured in their weight, but in their actions. The men with whom I had relationships during those years were not desperate, and my weight was not an issue--maybe because I know my own worth.

My weight continues to go up and down, and my husband continues to love the 'me' I am, regardless of the numbers on the scale.
 isnuttinfree
Msg: 26
Posted: 8/20/2009 3:41:14 AM
I read this entire thread (wow 3 whole pages long-i'm not one for long-winded reads) and thought it pertinent to single out carpediem's articulate and sensitive posts as worthy of reading. Always easy to take our judgemental side of the fence and be blind or refuse to see the other side. From reading this thread, often it takes someone who actually knows and understands both sides of the story (it's never one-sided) to get an enlightened read on the subject. Hats off to carpediem. And an open mind does wonders for clarity.
 wildtame
Msg: 27
Posted: 8/20/2009 5:20:29 AM
there is too much emphasis on beauty in a limited understanding, and not enough on health... and health in my view is a great beauty.
Viva the healthy!!!!!
 SueCat51
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 3:49:10 PM
Unfortunately, overweight folks are treated badly, IMO. Doesn't matter if it's a few pounds extra to morbidly obese. Some of these threads are a good example. If I had to choose between being obese or having an STD - I'd choose being obese. I am not attracted to a guy who has an STD, nor am I attracted to a morbidly obese man. Shame on me, must be the Shallow speaking in me. The scary thing about STD's are folks who go and spread their "wealth" without disclosure. That is as low and pond scum as a human can get.
 cotter
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 4:17:07 PM

How about just a BJ from the hot chick?

That'd be my compromise.
Ha ... who would want to put a "dip stick" in their mouth if they weren't sure if it was shooting an STD?

If a guy has an STD ... get it cured before you go getting the dip stick wet. BARF ...

I'd rather not start out with an obese man but if he puts on some weight down the road ... I will not abandon him ... just get him out and run his big butt around the neighborhood every night. I'll ride my bike, he can jog.

I have never EVER had an STD and am not about to start now. I don't place much value on that survey. I know that I don't know any man who would rather get an STD than date a lady with love handles.
 FLmusicdude
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 4:25:57 PM
I find it funny how none of the chicks who were claiming foul on my question on big girls are here to show their outrage! Maybe it's just that the girls who aren't fat have an easier time getting exposed to an STD =P Or MAYBE the obese girls have a protective layer that bounces the STD back into the culprits face! either way I'm getting a kick out of this thread.
 unspoiled
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2011 8:14:25 PM
I'll go for the std gal. Just find a way around the disease part even if not done in the typical way. It's more about a partnership anyway. If it's incurable then not much can be done except stay healthy from that point on but obesity is curable and should have been cured before looking for a mate. One had not much of a choice but the other chose not to do anything about the problem. So, weigh out the difference between the actions of each.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Obesity a bigger turn-off than STD?