Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 arri
Msg: 6
The Empty Nest SyndromePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
You can always a get guy with benefits that you can mommy to death
 Melissanicole
Msg: 7
The Empty Nest Syndrome
Posted: 12/29/2005 6:31:03 PM
I feel for you scottsmom. My mom is in the same boat.

My son is almost 3, so for now, i am "masons mom" and thats it. Aside from maybe student/employee... but those are small commitments relative to my "mom" role.

I dont know what advice to offer, wish its something you had planned for. I already think about the day he grows up and moves on to college or whatever it may bring. I'm making plans now to hopefully start filling that void as he gets older and needs me less and less. Mostly through work/friends/volunteerism. Hopefully someONE will fill part of that void... but I wont hold out for it.

How about traveling? I cannot wait til my son is older and I can travel again!!
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 10
The Empty Nest Syndrome
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:27:24 AM
I know how you feel. I just can't imagine my house without my monkeys. At 15 and 17 their time to fly is coming up quick. I have already started looking into adoption, as I just love having them around. Best thing that ever happened in my life for sure.
 Melissanicole
Msg: 12
The Empty Nest Syndrome
Posted: 12/31/2005 7:42:17 AM
Yum: too bad youre not in my area. We have so many kids who could use strong male role models and mentors.
 CookingforLove
Msg: 15
The Empty Nest Syndrome
Posted: 12/20/2006 4:07:58 PM
Yeah, I'm on the verge of this myself.

The two oldest are away at university 8 months a year and the youngest will be gone in a year and a half.

They will all be away for just 4 days next week after Christmas and I'm already wondering how I will get through it.
 KIWI3nme
Msg: 16
The Empty Nest Syndrome
Posted: 12/20/2006 4:29:28 PM
hey scotts mom... do what my aunt did after all the kids left home. She went to mazatlan for a girls vacation...and never returned.

She loved it so much she bought property.... now owns and runs a hip restaurant on the beach front...she having the time of her life. SHes completly fluent in spanish now...and shes been there for almost 9 yrs now.

sooooo go sun yer buns on a beach drink margaritas till you puke and have a wonderful time enjoying your new freedom
 c_deacon
Msg: 23
view profile
History
The Empty Nest Syndrome
Posted: 8/19/2008 1:27:09 PM
Glad that you are doing fine and expanded your own boundaries as well as letting your son expand his.....

I take my son back to college this week, and will be in that "empty nest" thing again, but I also know that I have many friends to be with, places to go, and things to do, so feeling lonely, or sorry for myself is not on the list.

I may be alone, but I am far from being lonely, and life needs to be lived, not observed, so that is my philosophy.........and "mom"......you of all people know that Colorado is one of the best places to enjoy that living......no offense to Iowa......is that a state by the way????.............

Just my opinion.......
 ponytailoftx
Msg: 24
view profile
History
The Empty Nest Syndrome
Posted: 8/20/2008 9:25:49 PM
I love to find threads appropriate to my muddled existence! As I'm reading this one tonight, I'm waiting on the new bedding to finish in the dryer. Tomorrow my one and only will move into the dorm and start college on Monday!

She hates me right now because I "made" her go to live in the dorm! For months she's been screaming at me that as soon as she was 18, she was outta here ... GOODBYE! Now that the glorious day approaches ... she's in freak out mode (just like the mommy)!

I am fearful of what will happen when she's "on her own" ... and really happy that will occur 12 miles down the road ... ... we are in "baby step" mode with this one! She has physical diabilities which really interfere with so many aspects of her life. Today we spent 2 hours on campus trying to figure out the route with the ramps and which buildings had automatic doors and where could she park if the damn scooter doesn't arrive this week ... Sigh.

I'm exhausted. I think maybe I'll not notice the nest is empty for a few days maybe but then ... what on earth will I do? She has FORBID me from bringing cookies to the dorm kids or making friends with any of them! DRATS ...

Anyway ... I'm glad your son is doing well and that you have re-entered the adult world ... thanks for the thread ... I'm formulating my plan now! I totally need a margarita !!!!
 Walts
Msg: 27
The Empty Nest Syndrome
Posted: 11/9/2008 1:25:18 PM
Well, after 18 years the daughter has gone to university. Probably the toughest 2 months so far that I ever had to do. Unbelievable that I didn't realize this was coming, and know that it could feel this,,,,,well,,,,way.

Usually, I've a busy schedule, etc. The keeping "busy" part isn't the problem. It's just different around here, and I know something I have to get used to. Doesn't help she's a province, and not such a short drive away. More growing and learning for both of us I guess.
 felina08
Msg: 30
view profile
History
The Empty Nest Syndrome
Posted: 11/19/2008 10:14:32 PM
Scottsmom,
It's great to be a mom but its time for you to start to live for yourself. Go out and enjoy. My daughter just moved out to go to college my third. It was hard at first. Now I come home cook dinner if I want go out when I want I'm me now not just their mom. Enjoy it you deserve it!
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >