Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cooldog65
Msg: 401
view profile
History
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)Page 17 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
@ElDanio: Msg.547...Logical, logical, logical! Home run all the way!

"You are quite correct. Coach is cheap and nasty. I would never wear anything less than Chloe or Mulberry."

I wouldn't know a no name brand from a name brand in womens clothing, shoes, or handbags. If you look hot, you look hot.
 DragonBits
Msg: 402
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)
Posted: 2/8/2012 4:58:31 AM
Mary Jane, clearly you don't understand most men over 40. They are attracted most to a youthful body.

A tight twat, firm breasts and a zest for life is hard for any women over 50 to compete with.

Younger women tend to be more optimistic, more experimental, and are better for the health of an older man. Studies indicate men that marry women 15-17 years younger live longer. (Of course that could be because they are in better shape to start with).

I don't exclude any women over 50, I see a few profiles of women that I would date and could be a LTR. Generally they are very athletic or very interesting personalities.

I would date someone who was 59, or someone who was 19 years old. But I wouldn't expect a teenager to be a LTR.

You don't see Hugh Hefner wanting to marry a big breasted 50 year old women. And big breast after the age of 40 start to sag.

I think your breast analogy is a poor one. Women can increase their breast size easily, and many men don't care that much about breast size. I like slightly bigger to slightly smaller breasts, it's more the women they are attached to that interest me. Anything I can't fit into my mouth is redundant.

Women can't do anything about getting older, men can't do anything about their height. Women prefer taller men, men prefer younger women.
 ElDanio
Msg: 403
Posted: 2/8/2012 5:13:37 AM
Fair enough, I am a butt man myself and have no real justification for it other than: "DAMMMN!"

You are also right in saying that I can get over that for the right girl.

Some people cannot and it baffles me. Especially when talking about high (excuse the pun) standards such as the guy having to be over 6 feet or, for a guy, the girl having to have huge breast while maintaining a slender body.

Luckily, I don't find people with this attitude attractive and stray away from them. In truth, they have very little effect on my life.

However, there is something to say about how people with these "attractive" traits are treated in the real world beyond the dating scene. But that is a whole other discussion on its own.

I do respect your opinion and your willingness to discuss, here's an emoticon for your troubles (look at him go!).
 ElDanio
Msg: 404
Posted: 2/8/2012 6:14:46 AM

But that would be spiteful and ****y, something a mature, sophisticated, SECURE man would not do, so I am not saying that...

See, this is what I'm talking about. Notice the wild justifications for his preferences. Not Darwinist in his case, but still incredibly judgemental and downright false. Makes you grind your teeth doesn't it... Same goes for short men that hear such excuses from women with the same personalities.

I thank god they don't hang around my social circles.
 DragonBits
Msg: 405
Posted: 2/8/2012 6:19:35 AM
mary jane, it was your analogy that was poor, because 90% of women want a man that is taller, while maybe only 30% of men want a women with bigger breasts.

But 90% of all older men would like a younger mate, at least a few years younger.

ciao, got to go.
 DragonBits
Msg: 406
Posted: 2/8/2012 6:47:26 AM
MJ, you can google "older men and younger women marriages health"

BUT I printed the story for you. There is what is best, 15-17 years younger, then there is what is typical, 3 years.

================================================

A man's chances of dying early are cut by a fifth if their bride is between 15 and 17 years their junior.

The risk of premature death is reduced by 11 per cent if they marry a woman seven to nine years younger.

The study at Germany's Max Planck Institute also found that men marrying older women are more likely to die early.

The results suggest that women do not experience the same benefits of marrying a toy boy or a sugar daddy.

Wives with husbands older or younger by between seven and nine years increase their chances of dying early by 20 per cent.

This rises to 30 per cent if the age difference is close to 15 and 17 years.

Scientists say the figures for men may be the result of natural selection – that only the healthiest, most successful older men are able to attract younger mates.

"Another theory is that a younger woman will care for a man better and therefore he will live longer," said institute spokesman Sven Drefahl.

The study examined deaths between 1990 and 2005 for the entire population of Denmark.

On average in Europe, most men marry women around three years younger.
 good_catch77
Msg: 407
Posted: 2/8/2012 7:59:27 AM

I am attracted to tall men because I am. Not because I feel "more protected" or because I have stereotyped shorter men. My own son is in the shorter range, and there is nobody I would feel safer with (ex-Marine/boxer). He also respects women and has been brought up to believe that violence against women is abhorrent.

I just find tallness attractive. Not just taller than me, but taller than average. I can't "justify" that - as seems to be the requirement here - and I do not exclude shorter men from my dating criteria. Another analogy coming up: I see it as similar to a man who is attracted to larger breasts on women. Not because her breasts are bigger than his (!), or because he has experienced smaller breasted women who had a temper on them/sulked for hours/didn't like sex...but just because when he looks at a woman with larger breasts, he gets a little tingle. Now, he will date smaller-breasted women and it won't break his heart. But...if he could get a woman that filled all his other desirable criteria and she also had large breasts, he would be very happy indeed.

Same for me and tall men. Simples.

It's kind of hard to bash shorter men when your son is one isn't it lol. Kind of puts a whole new perspective on basing a stereotype on a physical trait. It's kind of like when a devout Christian whom bashed gays and lesbians all their life all of sudden has one as a son/daughter.

I'm proud that you don't use the "hardwired" BS that both genders love to use. Never have nor never will understand or justify "hardwired" conversations.. which is one that I'd personally debate to the end.

Your analogy of larger breasts to height is a decent analogy . I can see that argument. For myself I enjoy a nice pair of breasts. I love the way they press against my chest in hugs, I love the feel of them. Would I date/or even marry a woman with smallish breasts...yes I would its not a deal breaker to not have large breasts. But I also wouldn't stereotype ALL women with small breasts the way some women stereotype ALL short men. I would still give them a chance.

I cannot rip someone whom would "prefer" a taller man based on attractiveness but I will debate stereotypes all day long
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 408
Posted: 2/8/2012 10:30:52 AM
I am attracted to tall men because I am. Not because I feel "more protected" or because I have stereotyped shorter men.

I think that the "more protected" doesn't necessarily reflect the conscious feeling of physical protection from danger, though. Some women have that, some don't -- but of those that don't, some feel their femininity is more protected. Look at it from the opposite end... I'm not going to rule out a girl by height if she's notably taller than I, but that's not my preference and would need other attributes that are hard to find if a dating-relationship was on the docket. Tall women are sexy to most guys, so it is different in vice-versa, but there is a masculine/femininity feeling for both to some degree. Most guys prefer a woman who's shorter than he, but won't rule things out based on it. Many guys who are relatively tall also like "spinners", or girls who are under 5'3"... why? It's more of an established man-woman situation when there's a height difference. It's not directly about "protection", but more about femininity & masculinity underneath it all, IMO.

Another analogy coming up: I see it as similar to a man who is attracted to larger breasts on women.

Exudes biological femininity -- which he is naturally attracted to. A guy's broad shoulders, height, chest (in a very different way), arms exude masculinity. There's nothing wrong with it. Of course there's more to breasts than size -- it's also about shape (non-droopy, deflated, etc)... and of course, relative to her stomach to certain point (excessively overweight doesn't make her more attractive because it enlarges her chest too).

Of course, if a guy wrote on a profile "You must have awesome B cups or nice-shaped C cups or better for me to consider you... and not due to being excessively overweight", he'd get flamed moreso than a gal saying "You must be 5'11" or taller for me to consider you". It's more "okay" to consider by height, it's piggish to consider by breast-size... even though, yes, both are notable aspects of masculinity and femininity.
 good_catch77
Msg: 409
Posted: 2/9/2012 8:26:53 AM

Of course, if a guy wrote on a profile "You must have awesome B cups or nice-shaped C cups or better for me to consider you... and not due to being excessively overweight", he'd get flamed moreso than a gal saying... even tho "You must be 5'11" or taller for me to consider you". It's more "okay" to consider by height, it's piggish to consider by breast-sizeugh, yes, both are notable aspects of masculinity and femininity.

Agreed plus 10, there is a huge (no pun intended) double standard with this specific analogy. CR is correct. I could see a guy putting that on his profile and then b1tching on here about not being able to get a date...then his profile would be poked and most would call him out on him...
 Wh1te_Rabb1t
Msg: 410
Posted: 2/9/2012 10:40:58 AM

Totally agree with you. I cannot abide bigotry and ignorance, which is what stereotyping is based on...and laziness. It is lazy and easier to put someone in a box and close the lid on those prejudiced opinions of what that person may be like, based on their race, gender, size ...et al, than to take the time to get to know each and every person as an individual.

Why don't you include guys that haven't been dating a lot, ones that mention their Ex once in a blue moon, shy nervous guys that don't have any idea what the current 'fashion' is, and ones that show up for dates 2-1/2 minutes late.

If you want to talk about stereotypes? Guys get written off as a psychopath, stalker, momma's boy, or a million other bad ideas in the first 15 minutes of meeting someone new. It wouldn't kill a person to relax the roadblocks for a couple hours or maybe a second date once in a while, but unless the impulse to sleep with the guy shows up immediately, women make up whatever they want and stop listening. Sorry if that sounds a bit bitter, but hell, it's true for a LOT of people.
 DomG79
Msg: 411
Posted: 2/12/2012 12:50:39 AM

"You are quite correct. Coach is cheap and nasty. I would never wear anything less than Chloe or Mulberry."

I wouldn't know a no name brand from a name brand in women's clothing, shoes, or handbags. If you look hot, you look hot

I'm with you here. Some of these women who spend money on that crap let their kids run around looking bummy as f*ck

Materialistic women = red flag

That is unless they work for everything they have like me, then we got that in common.

My new response to women who tell me I am not tall enough:

Get on your knees then, problem solved.

arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 412
Posted: 2/14/2012 5:32:08 AM
What criteria including height do women utilize when looking for a potential date/mate? How much of that criteria matches who they are?
 DragonBits
Msg: 413
Posted: 2/14/2012 6:02:15 AM
arts, dining: Good sense of humor, confident, emotional warmth, not desperate for just any women, good communicator, a good man, plenty of money, good heart, honest, good looking, height/weight, trim, fun to be with, able to take care of business, has interests that both match and intrigue her, worldly, naive, trusting. To name a few.

A lot of one's criteria reflects one's own personal character, anyone that has a bias which makes one thing overweigh anything else is also not well balanced themselves.

What criteria does a man use outside of beauty and easy sex?
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 414
Posted: 2/15/2012 4:30:14 AM
Dragon: That is what women write, but the forums and experience contend otherwise. Also, another dating site released a study this past weekend stating what women write is different from whom they contact.
 DragonBits
Msg: 415
Posted: 2/15/2012 6:28:04 AM
arts, dining, music, so what did the dating site survey reveal about what women want?

I left out mind blowing sex, but that sort of comes after a first meet, hard to determine before one meets about that. And usually a desire to be dominated by a man, not always, but usually.
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 416
Posted: 2/15/2012 7:41:45 AM
My success rate is always better when women contact me first. Interestingly enough, I usually get contacted by ladies that I thought would want nothing to do with me. My height has not stopped me from going on dates, nor has my silly profile. So if my short self can find someone to date than anyone can. Height really has nothing to do with it. Meeting the right person has everything to do with it. Whether it be on the net or at the grocery store in the morning. One of the best times to go grocery shopping is early on Sat morning by the way.
 DragonBits
Msg: 417
Posted: 2/15/2012 8:06:52 AM
Justcheckingfor1 Question?

One of the best times to go grocery shopping is early on Sat morning by the way.

So what aisle do they stock the women?

I would skip the frozen entree section and go right for the hot and spicy.
 Justcheckingfor1
Msg: 418
Posted: 2/15/2012 8:16:57 AM
"So what aisle do they stock the women?
I would skip the frozen entree section and go right for the hot and spicy."

^^^Just about any aisle for that matter, and often the isles with the bottle water, and sport drinks and such, cause usually, said women are arriving from their morning jog or time at the gym. I thought everyone knew that Sat morning at the market was a good time to chat with the ladies. Once again, my height has not stopped me from meeting women and going on dates.
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 419
Posted: 2/15/2012 11:49:54 AM
The gist of the study found that women were contacting the taller guys than what they listed as a minimum criteria only and not the good/decent guys they stated they wanted to find.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 420
Posted: 2/15/2012 4:02:56 PM

The gist of the study found that women were contacting the taller guys than what they listed as a minimum criteria only and not the good/decent guys they stated they wanted to find.

Yep. What people (namely women in this case) say they want, and what they end up gravitating toward are two different stories. With some women it's pretty close, but with many, there's at least a nice gap in between. Some want to want particular types, but underneath it all -- it's not the type that pulls them in.
 DragonBits
Msg: 421
Posted: 2/15/2012 4:44:16 PM

arts, dining, music, w/u

I am 59 years old, so I have long been aware that many women in the USA want to date someone that is taller than I am. (BTW, since I am limited to only a few posts on the same thread, MSG me if you want to really want to discuss this)

You are quite tall, therefor you must get many requests for dates and have partaken of a lot of casual sexual relationships.

Why is it that you are still searching? Is it that you rather date many women and don't care for a long term relationship, or somehow you have never found a women that suits you for the long term? If you really wanted a long term relationship, being taller than average would imply to me that you have your choice of many women, so I would assume you would rather have casual sex.

I have never been very satisfied with casual sex, but perhaps being short the causal sex I did have was with less desirable or capable women. If my dating pool of women were very large, then maybe it would be more enjoyable jumping from one bed to another. This is the reason I am asking you the previous question.

And do you think it is better for a man to be in a long term (married) committed relationship with someone that meets your every need, or better to have many casual sexual relationships with the usual variety of women that engage in casual sex?
 seventiesbaby2
Msg: 422
Posted: 2/15/2012 4:53:50 PM
I dont rule out a shorter man. I just like to be with somone taller than me.. A man bigger than me is more attractive...I am about 5.4 and always wear about 3 or 4 inch heals... so thats why woman like taller man often. Its just a preference. Similar to me prefuring men with no facial hair.. or tatoos .. they are all preferences not really deal breakers
 4x4guy95348
Msg: 423
Posted: 2/16/2012 12:36:25 AM
Time to get the sawzall out and level the playing field. Give those shoes of hers a trimming
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 424
Posted: 2/16/2012 9:29:56 AM
Women that claim to like jogging, hiking, boating, tennis, swimming, camping, skiing, walking, and other similar interests often state they ALWAYS wear high heels. ???
 ComplekCity
Msg: 425
Posted: 7/11/2012 4:12:12 PM

Hmmm.... makes me wonder if the guys would do likewise if women had to start listing their bust sizes ?

Guy's thought process : " hey, she seems pretty normal, we have lots in common, she's very pretty and - oh, wait a minute ... her boobs are only avg size - NEXT ! "

LOL
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)