Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 awesomefiftyman
Msg: 447
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)Page 25 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
This thread is 11 years old.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 448
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)
Posted: 12/24/2014 9:33:47 PM
I never thought there was any great dating advantage in height.

Being notably tall isn't it by itself. Height is a requirement-level thing + an increase. Being 6'3" and an otherwise 5/10 isn't going to be better than a 5'11" 7/10 in most gals' eyes -- unless the gal is pretty tall at say, 5'9" -- then maybe it's a closer match on raw looks.

The argument is more about caring about the guy being shorter than many of the guys in the room (while not notably taller than she is in heels). In the online scene -- it will have a more stringent effect without many women even thinking about it.

The other side of the coin ... At 5'4", I'm too short for some men, but they could love me for my cute butt.

5'4" is roughly average white female height (5'4.5"). It's average height, possibly SLIGHTLY above average height for older women (we shrink a bit when we get older). I don't think that's any "issue" that pops up on the radar, unless you're only eying Really Tall guys. But you're still not going to be SOL in that demographic of men either, based on your height. :)
 Tarnished_Knight
Msg: 449
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2014 11:08:11 PM
Ah, Kay,

Ya know, I could advertise my face built for radio or my voice suitable for a mime, but where would the benefit be if I actually proved it?
So, don't ya just hate it when someone advertises their "cute butt," and yet offers no proof?

Kay?

TK
[It doesn't help when one is an advocate of the women's movement, especially from behind!]
 Blackwood85
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2014 6:14:16 AM

Napoleon's appendage or lack thereof was often mentioned and you can see in pictures the lack of real bulge. They pickled it to preserve it as well, for some reason. lol!! So he was known as the Little General and for more reasons than one.

Napoleon was 5'7" according to US measurements so he was above average height back then and he would be average now, he only appeared short because his imperial guard was filled with men who were 6'0"+ his nickname of being "Little Emperor" was because he catered to the "little guy" and hung out with his foot soldiers which was unbecoming of a Emperor back then, the rest of Europe hated him so they took it and ran with it.

My only issue with height is that I don't think people really have an idea of how tall someone is the difference between 5'7"-5'11" is relatively small the same with 5'9"-6'0" I'm 5'9" but I appear taller than I am, my feet are big (I wear size 13s) and my hands are big, my legs are long. It gives the appearance that I'm taller than what I am, two of my friends are 5'11" and 6' but they don't tower over it's only an 2-3 inch difference and when we're in our uniforms and we're all wearing boots that more than likely gives us another 2 inches in height it's not noticeable.
 Eternityboresme
Msg: 451
Posted: 12/26/2014 6:55:38 AM
^^ on your profile, you've indicated that you're 5'10? It doesn't matter if your boots, uniform and other effects make you appear taller, if you're 5'9", you're 5'9"...and to me, that's reasonably taller than average, in my opinion.
 south_city
Msg: 452
Posted: 12/26/2014 6:54:04 PM
I never thought there was any great dating advantage in height

Height alone doesn't guarantee more dates because there can be other reason(s) why a woman is not interested in a man. However some women ( in particular on dating sites ) may quickly dismiss a man without reading the rest of his profile because he isn't at least a certain height.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 12/26/2014 11:22:04 PM

^^ on your profile, you've indicated that you're 5'10? It doesn't matter if your boots, uniform and other effects make you appear taller, if you're 5'9", you're 5'9"...and to me, that's reasonably taller than average, in my opinion.

I've been measured at both, officially for weigh in purposes my height is 5'9" 1/2. So I rounded up to 5'10"
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 454
Posted: 12/27/2014 9:48:00 AM

if you're 5'9", you're 5'9"...and to me, that's reasonably taller than average, in my opinion.

From what I read, 5'9" is about average height for black males in the US, and 5'10.5" is average height for white males in the US. Height varies from place to place. In big cities, the average height is going to be shorter (more diversity) than say, many places out in the country.

If 5'9" is taller than average to you -- and you have a reasonably accurate perception -- then you probably live in a below average height area.
 AlienHumanHybrid
Msg: 455
Posted: 12/27/2014 10:54:58 AM
Taller, shorter -wouldn't matter at all to me. If I am attracted to someone I wouldn't really notice -it's not something that would attract or repel me in itself.
 Blackwood85
Msg: 456
view profile
History
Posted: 12/28/2014 5:43:26 PM

From what I read, 5'9" is about average height for black males in the US, and 5'10.5" is average height for white males in the US. Height varies from place to place. In big cities, the average height is going to be shorter (more diversity) than say, many places out in the country.

If 5'9" is taller than average to you -- and you have a reasonably accurate perception -- then you probably live in a below average height area.

Which is funny because most black women will claim that I'm short in their eyes but most white women have claimed otherwise.
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 457
Posted: 12/28/2014 7:20:18 PM

Which is funny because most black women will claim that I'm short in their eyes but most white women have claimed otherwise.

If you're 5'9.5", flat-footed, that's not short. You're average height. I think that some women think someone on the bottom half of average-range (5'9") Short, while the taller half of average-range (5'11") Average. And again, it depends on the location, where a guy who's 6'1" could tower over people vs being seen as only a bit above average.
 NewGirlJoining
Msg: 458
Posted: 1/21/2016 3:25:50 PM
If someone ones to find an excuse not to get involved, they will fabricate all kinds of things.

That would include height.
 NBATipoff2015
Msg: 459
Posted: 1/21/2016 3:31:56 PM
Its incredibly stupid, OP
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)