Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 76
view profile
History
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)Page 4 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
I have to say, although I like tall men, I just ask that they be taller than me. At 5'6, that's not a huge deal and the vast majority of men fit into that category. I have other preferences and requirements like everyone, but not alot of guys are eliminated because of height. Sure a 6 foot 3 inch man is nice, but such a small minority of men are that tall. Its one thing to have preferences, but I don't want to "prefer" myself right out of the dating market. Its the difference between a man liking a curvy woman to a man who says you must have Double D cups or above.
 B0SSMAN
Msg: 77
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)
Posted: 11/2/2011 7:01:09 PM
you can buy double D's though,can't buy an extra 6" of height
 B0SSMAN
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/2/2011 8:08:05 PM
she would'nt have to know....
 pureblisscatch4u
Msg: 79
Posted: 11/2/2011 8:46:44 PM
When you're a woman over 5'8", double D's (or bigger) don't even help you. Trust me. Guys see that you're over 5'8" and they go running for the hills. Guys are much worse with height discrimination, trust me.
BTW, I have a friend who's a guy who's 6'6" and hasn't had a date in 3 years. Just sayin'.
 Glenoran1
Msg: 80
Posted: 11/2/2011 9:09:08 PM
Then there are those like me who are at the opposite end of the scale (4'9"). Zero dates for me, too. Interesting thing is, my late husband was 6'4". So I keep reminding myself there's hope for me yet (wry grin).
 GoldinSFla
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2011 12:57:54 AM

When you're a woman over 5'8", double D's (or bigger) don't even help you. Trust me. Guys see that you're over 5'8" and they go running for the hills. Guys are much worse with height discrimination, trust me.

That comes as quite a surprise to me. While I know many guys like petite, short women and others prefer those of average height, I find it hard to believe there aren't men out there that are attracted to taller, statuesque ladies. Im not saying you're not telling the truth, I'm just saying I didnt know men didn't like tall women.

I can understand if the woman is extrodinarily tall like six foot one , men might be intimidated, but while you're taller than average, you're not unusually tall, so I can't understand how you can't find men that are attracted to you. Particularly since you're a pretty women with a good figure (if I was a guy complementing another dude, this might be the point where I'd say no homo", but since I'm a chick luckily I don't have to do that. )

Do men not approach you or write to you on here? or is it that they do approach and write but it doesn't ever lead to anything. Also, how do you know for sure that its your height that keeps you from getting dates and relationships? Again, I'm not denying your experience or your beliefs, but I'm just curious how you come to that conclusion and how can you not be sure that there's some other reason that you don't seem to be getting many dates
 platypus_man
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 11/3/2011 7:25:36 AM

When you're a woman over 5'8", double D's (or bigger) don't even help you. Trust me. Guys see that you're over 5'8" and they go running for the hills.

Nope. Sorry. I don't run anywhere. I'm comfortably over six feet tall. I've only met one woman taller than myself. I suppose there are more, but they're pretty rare. Besides, who needs double D's? I like skinny women.
 Wh1te_Rabb1t
Msg: 83
Posted: 11/3/2011 7:50:27 AM
Tall women don't intimidate me, but I limit my search to 5'10" (two inches taller) because the percentage of women even MY height who would even want to date a guy 5'8" is so small it isn't even worth searching. Sorry if there are taller ladies who may want to date me, but you are an extreme exception.

I'll admit I won't date an overweight woman - because that is what my Ex was - and it was miserable existence I don't ever want to re-live. I have an active lifestyle now, and I have a really hard time buying that a woman who weighs more than I do would be able to keep up. Again - sorry if you are an exception.

A lot of those other statistics I couldn't give a damn about - boob size, hair color, whatever - attractiveness can be found in all sorts and sizes. I just know that height can't be 'fixed' as easily as losing weight or a boob job, so holding a bias against it DOES bother me more than other things.
 pureblisscatch4u
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/3/2011 10:05:04 AM
Thanks Goldin! :) I see what you're saying about it possibly being something else, but I'm going by what I've heard guys say (them preferring shorter women), and on another dating site, where people list their height requirements under the "about my match" section. 9 times out of 10, it says 5'8" or shorter, so that's how I got that number. I've also heard most guys say they only like brunettes, so that cuts me out of a lot of searches as well. I also dated one guy who was only an inch shorter than me, who claimed height didn't bother him, yet freaked out every time I wore heels. But I think you have a point. I'm sure there are a lot of shorter guys who blame their height for lack of dates, when it's usually something else that's turning people off.
And LukeT77, good for you for being open! Don't give up on tall girls yet! There are many of us who don't care about height, so don't let the rotten apples spoil the bunch.
 Majordork79
Msg: 85
Posted: 11/3/2011 3:17:31 PM
I honestly WISH women actually wanted what they say they do. I'm 6'2 and it hasn't meant a thing, and look at my pic, I'm surely not ugly. Nor fat
 DSMTraveler
Msg: 86
Posted: 11/3/2011 3:33:02 PM
Well, speaking as a tall, large woman.... I have to say I had no problem finding dates before I got married (& divorced for you purists out there)... some of my best dates were with guy less than my barefoot height -- we won't even discuss heels. Nor did I ever notice anyone not dating me because I was too tall. I even had one of them tell me "Don't slump just because you're with me."

I don't think it's a problem.... but for some people it might be. Very obviously, I don't usually date anyone it bothers. They generally don't ask.
 iluvfunstuff
Msg: 87
Posted: 11/3/2011 6:18:27 PM
I thought about putting a "femur length requirement" on my profile... because somethings just don't line up right... with a shorter guy.
 B0SSMAN
Msg: 88
Posted: 11/3/2011 6:35:35 PM
women are all the same height laying down
 B0SSMAN
Msg: 89
Posted: 11/3/2011 6:47:11 PM
sir if you are addressing me I suggest you do so with little to no profanity,thank you
 B0SSMAN
Msg: 90
Posted: 11/3/2011 6:53:19 PM
Well I can tell you I've stayed the same height for over a decade now and despite having slept with women from my height to roughly a foot taller there was no difference when they were laying down,as it pertains to intercourse. Admittedly standing sex wasa bit different, impossible without standing on something in the case of the woman that was way taller than me but none the less it does'nt mean sex changes drastically. Trust me ladies,if a man ants to please you he WILL find a way to hit the spot/angle you need to curl your toes.
 iluvfunstuff
Msg: 91
Posted: 11/3/2011 6:56:15 PM
It makes me feel lazy when he's working so hard to reach a position that comes naturally to others...

I have enough guilt trips without adding to it.
 arts, dining, music, w/u
Msg: 92
Posted: 11/4/2011 4:54:21 AM
The issue with online dating is that many (most?) people search for their optimum choice. That is why I receive emails from short, uneducated, overwieght, char-women that have little in common with me.

Outside of cyber space, my less tall friends do well. Here, they are seldom under consideration.

If people looked for their match and not their fantasy online dating may work.
 NoHaterz
Msg: 93
Posted: 11/4/2011 10:52:45 PM
This is why men should never feel bad for shooting down females that are too big, they shoot down plenty of men for being too short.

The truth to the matter is they can always lose weight, you're not gonna grow anymore. It's something you can't change.
 SoBayNative
Msg: 94
Posted: 11/5/2011 11:37:04 AM
My best friend is 5'9" and has no trouble meeting men. IRL anyway. She's never been online.
 Maverick_Fish
Msg: 95
Posted: 11/6/2011 7:59:43 AM
I have no self-confidence issues with approaching women to start a conversation and ladies that I interact with enjoy my company as a friend (even complete strangers), however. The subject of how tall I am comes up as one of the first things that's brought up in a humorous way that's also creates somewhat of a barrier that implies i'm 'too tall' for a 'normal woman' which leads me to think that I probably do have a problem not related to my height that needs to be addressed.

I have no issues dating or talking to ladies who are taller than me, although
finding someone over 6 foot 5 (who's not an anorexic model) would be rather difficult.
I'd just like to find someone who accepts me for me and not some 'good sex on the side'...yeah i'm a dude who doesn't think about sex first, i'd prefere to have the full aspects of a relationship included.

I've wanted this since I was a teenager and now i'm a man...*man voice* with chest hair and rippling 26 inch python ggrr blah blah etc.

If anyone has experienced this problem or knows of it, speak up please.
 _allen_
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 11/6/2011 8:19:10 AM
I will say, women do respond better to tall guys.

Just yesterday, a good friend of mine is a tall 6'5" (very thin) guy while I'm a short 5'7" (athletic build). As we walked through the main aisle of this store, the woman we passed (the young, old, middle-aged, attractive, not so attractive, married, single, walking while hold their boyfriend's hand) gave my tall friend such a "positive" vibe the entire time there.

I never felt so invisible - as if I wasn't even in the room. If I were walking alone, I would catch the interest of a select few but this night, not one woman glanced my way. Oh well, I'm never going anywhere with him again!

Ha!
 eastshoregal
Msg: 97
Posted: 11/6/2011 8:46:09 AM
I must be one of those superficial women I guess. I'm 5'10" and only perfer men at the same height or taller. It is human nature to be most visually/physically attracted to those with similar physical characteristics. Many credited scientific studies have proven this.

I've also noticed that all of the short men I have ever met have an over-the-top personality (or dirves a big truck lol) Are they trying to compensate for their vertical loss?
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 98
Posted: 11/6/2011 9:14:06 AM
I must be one of those superficial women I guess. I'm 5'10" and only perfer men at the same height or taller.

That's not really considered "superficial" in a vast majority of eyes, actually. Same height or taller isn't what the complaints are about. The common "complaint" is that too many women Require guys who are taller than them in 3-inch heels, or if a gal is pretty short (5'1", 5'2"), she wants a guy as tall as YOU or taller. :)

I don't think a guy can truly complain, though. I think the only room a guy could complain about that is if a said type of gal also scoffed at superficiality about men's tastes (like body; that can be changed to a significant degree). Aside from that, it's tastes... and some people's tastes go a little bit too far technically... but if they're hot, that's not a bad thing, since they already have more opportunities than they know what to do with in the looks dept.

I've also noticed that all of the short men I have ever met have an over-the-top personality (or dirves a big truck lol)

I think that's penis size when it comes to cars & trucks - lol. Basically, people will treat the visibly shorter person in the room differently in work places, etc. Not on purpose, but just natural human reaction in subtle ways. Same goes with fashion -- and other things, too. But with height, if you're "too tall" or "too short", you can't do anything about it really. I could see someone being too tall, extending a softer side more readily than the next guy, and someone being too short extending a strong side more readily than the next guy. But you're not always going to find that.
 kcladyz
Msg: 99
Posted: 11/6/2011 9:31:02 AM
Well i am 5 foot 10 and always prefer men taller than me. its not set in stone but i am not attracted to shorter men in general but i am not closed to it
 SoBayNative
Msg: 100
Posted: 11/6/2011 10:55:55 AM
Couldn't care less about height but I've noticed really tall men are more attracted to me than I'd think. And if I were having kids I'd have them with a really tall guy (even though they aren't my first preference) I think we subconsciously gravitate towards each other so as not to create a line of genetic freaks. I've dated a couple of men who were 5'4" and we were like pygmies in the supermarket. Had to stand on each other's shoulders to reach the top shelf.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)