Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TraveliciousGuy
Msg: 151
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)Page 7 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)

I'm just surprised the more I read on here about how much people limit their searches and then wonder why they are not having luck

BINGO !

fitandfancy
Msg: 152
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)
Posted: 1/20/2012 11:30:32 PM
I understand how vain it may sound because I am guilty of this myself. However, I know that for me its a power/ submissive role. Therefore, when I'm in heels or whatever the case I can always be picked up and tossed around or protected effortlessly when I'm with a much larger man. Its erotic and a turnon. I wish at time that I was 5'1 or 5'2 that way I could still feel like this with most men. Trust me my height too is sometimes a curse because I miss out on alot of opportunity with some awesome guys. I have dated others a little taller than me however the eroticism is not present:-( There is a perfect person out for each of us . . . we just need to find them! I hope this helped.
 DomG79
Msg: 153
Posted: 1/21/2012 6:59:45 AM
I have the same problem, I am 5'6. I have cursed out a few women on emails over this issue. Perhaps I was wrong for doing that, as I also have preferences. Perhaps if my mom would have been as shallow as these women, I'd have turned out taller. Now I've gotten to the point where I don't bother writing anyone. My profile is just there. Because of my height, I am more likely to meet someone outside of the internet who appreciates who I am when I am in front of them versus some shallow chick on a dating site who has their own shortcomings they cannot even look past, so god forbid they look past them in anyone else.

At the end of the day, I am comfortable with my height. It hasn't effected my ability to f*ck, fight, do my job, make good grades in school, or anything else important. It has only helped me fail at online dating, no other problems. I am tall enough to get on rides at amusement parks.

anyone thinking about getting cosmetic limb lengthening, you are looking at close to $200,000 USD, excessive physical pain, and the possibility of coming out deformed. Stick with being short, it's not so bad.
 DomG79
Msg: 154
Posted: 1/21/2012 7:06:49 AM

I wear high heels no matter what. A short person is just gonna have to be content with the fact that my boobs are gonna be in their face the entire night!

Msg: 155
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:38:05 AM
If he is shorter then me I am not interested.He must be at least my height.
Msg: 156
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:40:04 AM
I have cursed out a few women on emails over this issue.

This is why women block and delete messages without answering them.It's the only thing to do to avoid the nutties.
 Paderic
Msg: 157
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:41:01 AM
Therefore, when I'm in heels or whatever the case I can always be picked up and tossed around or protected effortlessly when I'm with a much larger man.

A muscular guy that is a few inches taller than you would have no trouble tossing you around if that's what floats your boat (regardless of the footwear you choose to wear).

As for the protection thing, I would suggest that a little guy with a gun trumps a tall guy with muscles almost every single time. But most women would probably have an unfavorable view of a guy who carries.

As I said earlier, if this physical feature is what matters to you, you have every right to hold out for it. Of course, you should also keep in mind that the more criteria you have and the more restrictive they are, the less chance you have of someone who meets them all crossing your path.
Msg: 158
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:20:46 AM

Same as If she is heavier then me I am not interested. She must be at least under my weight. Height you can't really change, weight well that is totally changeable...

Uh huh.And???
 DomG79
Msg: 159
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:17:04 PM

This is why women block and delete messages without answering them.It's the only thing to do to avoid the nutties.

So be it, they need to be shown how fake they are, and I won't be "too nice" about it.

Same as If she is heavier then me I am not interested. She must be at least under my weight. Height you can't really change, weight well that is totally changeable...

Yeah, but it is only bad when men do that, it's okay for women to be shallow.

I suppose like every thing in life it just comes down to personal taste, I'm 5'7" tall and classed as a BBW and so content with my curves and height, but when I have dated men my height sooner or later they want me to start wearing flats...

Now I'm confident enough to say NO when you met me I was the same Height and we both knew the only way was Up with my heels I personal find wearing heels sexy.
I also a lover of Tall men but I'm just not turned on by BBW Men sorry yes is is the pot Calling the Kettle Fat, but true, But the added beauty of life is the fact there isn't a shortage of men or women there is more than enough to go around, so keep Fishing and sooner or later you will catch the right one.

What you said makes sense, and it justifies every ones' point of view. As far as wearing flats because a dude is your height, I wouldn't personally encourage it, because I would not care if the girl was standing higher than me.

I posted this back when I first came to this forum, I think it applies to our conversation.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14869648.aspx
 DomG79
Msg: 160
Posted: 1/21/2012 3:45:53 PM

Amazing how many women are still playing the games because that is all they know...

Very true.

This one is talking about "unread/delete" when she has no pic, yet she says guys like me are "nutties". 5'10 and you want someone taller? Unless you are a super model, probably not.

I might be 5'6, but I can stand on my accomplishments and be able to spit on a 7 footer's head. That's what it comes down to, improving on your strengths, as height cannot be controlled, unless you have $200,000 for cosmetic limb lengthening.
 DomG79
Msg: 161
Posted: 1/21/2012 4:50:03 PM

Why would anyone curse another out, simply because they didn't meet that person's private physical preferences, especially when admitting to having one's own? And, if one was so comfortable in one's own skin, why 'curse others out' in the first place?

...because I enjoyed it. If I cannot find happiness, a good laugh will do.
 astrosky
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 6:39:34 PM
Awww, this thread is so old I get all nostalgic when I read the names on page 1 - how I miss some of them!

I'm not that picky about height. But I'm picky about liars. And darned if half the dudes that claim to be taller than me (I'm 5'4") are shorter than me IRL. Big strike one! The last two guys that pulled that were trying to be sooooo slick - made sure to be late so that I was already seated, so I hopefully wouldn't notice right away! Dude, think! We both have to stand up sometime.
 DomG79
Msg: 163
Posted: 1/21/2012 6:46:58 PM
I know a few females who lie about their age, or say they are average when they are BBW. I changed my height to 6'11 for one day just to see how many different girls would view my profile, it was crazy. I actually mentioned in my profile that I was really 5'6, but since it was okay for them to lie about their age and body type, I can be anyone I want on the internet too. I'm not saying it was right, but it was interesting.
 astrosky
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 7:02:38 PM
I know a few females who lie about their age, or say they are average when they are BBW.

None of that on my profile. I'd rather be hated for what I am than admired for what I'm not.

I've dated guys ranging from 5'0" to 6'7". One thing I've noticed is a lot of the shorter dudes have a chip on their shoulder bigger than they are. Constantly trying to prove themselves. Real Napoleon complex. Granted, they have legitimate gripes, and the world does totally discriminate against them in many ways - I've seen it firsthand. But the sad thing is, bitterness and anger often become their way of life. And they tend to take it out on everybody - even people who don't give a dang about their height.

When I run across a short guy with a great attitude, who is not whining about, apologizing for, or even mentioning height in the first place, I know I have found a real gem, because they are that rare.
 CaffeinePills
Msg: 165
Posted: 1/21/2012 7:48:34 PM
Well I am 6 foot 4. I can't complain, it's basically like free self esteem, and one other thing I don't have to deal with or worry about.

I've asked a lot of girls that were 6 foot, or 6 foot 1 out on dates, and almost none of them want to go on one. I have no idea why. I've only dated one girl over 6 feet (she was 6 foot 1).

I have a much easier time getting a date with a girl that is around 5 foot 4 for some reason. This is the height of the girl that most prefer me for some reason.

Personally 5 foot 8, to 5 foot 10 is probably ideal
 spot4username
Msg: 166
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:17:52 PM

I know a few females who lie about their age, or say they are average when they are BBW.

Oh the injustice of it all!

but since it was okay for them to lie about their age and body type, I can be anyone I want on the internet too.

Pot please meet kettle. I hope you live happily ever after.

You might want to look up irony.
 MisterAndersonn
Msg: 167
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:28:06 PM
From Dominic_Deville:

I know a few females who lie about their age, or say they are average when they are BBW. I changed my height to 6'11 for one day just to see how many different girls would view my profile, it was crazy. I actually mentioned in my profile that I was really 5'6, but since it was okay for them to lie about their age and body type, I can be anyone I want on the internet too. I'm not saying it was right, but it was interesting.

Hehehe, that's funny. So what happened at the end? Did they attack you for being 5'6" later after reading your profile?

And regarding your other posts, about cussing girls out because they wanted taller men.

Look, to each his own. Although cussing a girl out for that doesn't help you out in the personality department. They were probably thinking... "This is why short guys are bad."

Lol, thanks for ruining it for the short guys. I'm 5'3", and the idea of "napolean complex" is just so alien to me. I don't feel cheated or under-powered, or feel like I've been dealt a bad hand.

I just don't understand. I thank my parents for their upbringing I guess. I'm grateful for the fact I don't have these issues that "short" guys claim to have... 5'6"? Lol, I would love to see how you would act if you were MY height, hahaha!! Would be a fun thing to witness.

With all due respect,
Andy
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 168
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:34:13 PM
In my experience, the "height snobs" who have this "it's my preference-deal with it" attitude are typically the very same gals who blast guys for being "shallow" and berate them for being "superficial" if they express a preference for things like large breasts. :)
 DomG79
Msg: 169
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:39:12 PM

I was just wondering cuz i am a female with small breast and a big booty lol. Most people say i have a jlo or kim kardashian butt. Even though i like my hour glass figure i do wish i had more up top. Some guys seem so in aww of my ass lol. N i was just wondering why some guys like ass so much?

DomG79
Msg: 170
Posted: 1/21/2012 8:43:30 PM
I didn't ruin anything for you, I did you a favor. I cursed them out because they had low self esteem themselves and they wanted to down me for being short.

I want to hold you from behind and smell your hair

If I am not tall enough, I'll stand on a chair

Not what you want because I'm 5'6 miss?

Has nothing to do with the size of my stick

I'm not tall, your not thin

Meet me half way or get to steppin'

Honesty, integrity, everything you wanted

How you doing miss, My name is Dominic

How do you know she's lying? She's talking

How do you know she don't drive? She's walking

Got a house, a car, a job, no criminal record

Looking for a pretty lady dressed in all leopard

If you need to vent, I'm here to listen

If you pass me up, you made a bad decision

Think you can do better? You're in no position
 good_catch77
Msg: 171
Posted: 1/21/2012 9:09:39 PM

None of that on my profile. I'd rather be hated for what I am than admired for what I'm not.

Me too...not that I care less about my pof profile I'm essentially here for the forums..But I feel the exact some thing.

I've dated guys ranging from 5'0" to 6'7". One thing I've noticed is a lot of the shorter dudes have a chip on their shoulder bigger than they are. Constantly trying to prove themselves. Real Napoleon complex. Granted, they have legitimate gripes, and the world does totally discriminate against them in many ways - I've seen it firsthand. But the sad thing is, bitterness and anger often become their way of life. And they tend to take it out on everybody - even people who don't give a dang about their height.

The guys you dated may have been like that and I'm not denying that but that doesn't mean stereotyping the majority of short guys...does it? A lot of stereotypes have legitimate gripes. In fact I'm going to say the majority of them.

When I run across a short guy with a great attitude, who is not whining about, apologizing for, or even mentioning height in the first place, I know I have found a real gem, because they are that rare.

Well rarity is still not all. The "gems" are the ones we are all looking for. Do I want Blonde hair, blue eyes, perfect figure, etc etc...sure we all want our "perfect type"...but I don't expect every woman that matches my formula to be that "gem"...but I'm digging everyday to try and discover it.

I'm not going to give up on a "type" based on physical attributes. I find it quite shallow for people that do. There is always a "gem" in the pile of dirt

Best of luck to everyone
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/21/2012 10:16:11 PM
DOminic, who posted what you quoted?

I looked through here TWICE and didn't find it. lol
 cooldog65
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:09:03 PM
"N i was just wondering why some guys like ass so much?"

Duh...the kitty hideout!
 DomG79
Msg: 174
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:21:18 PM

In my experience, the "height snobs" who have this "it's my preference-deal with it" attitude are typically the very same gals who blast guys for being "shallow" and berate them for being "superficial" if they express a preference for things like large breasts. :)

I quoted the wrong thread, hahaha! It was this girl who asked if guys prefer breasts or ass. My bad.
 DomG79
Msg: 175
Posted: 1/21/2012 11:23:44 PM

Oh the injustice of it all!

but since it was okay for them to lie about their age and body type, I can be anyone I want on the internet too.

Pot please meet kettle. I hope you live happily ever after.

You might want to look up irony.

Thank you for your contribution to the conversation.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)