Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 176
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)Page 8 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)

I quoted the wrong thread, hahaha! It was this girl who asked if guys prefer breasts or ass. My bad.

Well, I found the person and now I wish I hadn't. "She," and I use quotation marks because I doubt it's an actual (adult) female behind the account, is closer to being illiterate than anyone I've ever seen on this site.
Msg: 177
We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)
Posted: 1/22/2012 4:56:47 AM

This one is talking about "unread/delete" when she has no pic, yet she says guys like me are "nutties". 5'10 and you want someone taller? Unless you are a super model, probably not.

You don't read what other people write at all do you? First of all I never said a man had to be taller.I said he had to at least be my height ok? And yes you are a nut because you send fighting messages to women who reject you.This is the whole reason women delete and block with no response.We try to be polite and send a thanks but no thanks and we get back a message full of hate and rage.
Msg: 178
Posted: 1/22/2012 4:58:30 AM

Why would anyone curse another out, simply because they didn't meet that person's private physical preferences,

Ummm just a guess here,but it's because they are nuts.No one curses out a complete stranger for turning them down unless they are a few marbles short of a bag.
 Paderic
Msg: 179
Posted: 1/22/2012 7:11:22 AM
This is the whole reason women delete and block with no response.We try to be polite and send a thanks but no thanks and we get back a message full of hate and rage.

It's just as easy to give people the benefit of the doubt and then delete / block the spiteful response. People send these angry notes out of frustration in an attempt to get under your skin. If you let them, you've given them what they wanted.
Msg: 180
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:00:01 AM

It's just as easy to give people the benefit of the doubt and then delete / block the spiteful response. People send these angry notes out of frustration in an attempt to get under your skin. If you let them, you've given them what they wanted.

You missed the whole point.For so long we have given men the benefit of the doubt on these sites only to have them turn on us more often then not.Almost every single time we give a polite thanks but no thanks we get back hateful and nasty messages.Why should we put up with that if we don't have too?? Nope!

Everytime,block,delete and don't answer because almost everytime it will be a bad experience.I have no need for such anger in my life.If someone wants to fight then they are going to have to find someone like themselves who is also a nut and fight with them.Ignore is always the best option when dealing with nuts.
 Paderic
Msg: 181
Posted: 1/22/2012 9:13:34 AM
You missed the whole point.For so long we have given men the benefit of the doubt on these sites only to have them turn on us more often then not.Almost every single time we give a polite thanks but no thanks we get back hateful and nasty messages.Why should we put up with that if we don't have too?? Nope!

I didn't miss a thing. When you refuse to be polite to everyone because a few have reacted badly to rejection, you have allowed those who behaved badly to affect your behavior. And that is exactly what their goal was in the first place.

Everytime,block,delete and don't answer because almost everytime it will be a bad experience.I have no need for such anger in my life.If someone wants to fight then they are going to have to find someone like themselves who is also a nut and fight with them.Ignore is always the best option when dealing with nuts.

But yet you've chosen to be angry at everyone instead of just focusing on the nuts.

Look, you're not obligated to reply to anyone. I just don't happen to agree with this line of justification.
 DomG79
Msg: 182
Posted: 1/22/2012 5:33:17 PM

We try to be polite and send a thanks but no thanks and we get back a message full of hate and rage

1. Who's 'we?"

2. My response is no more hateful than their rejection, I treat people the way they treat me.

3. The women who reject me are usually my height or shorter, and they still want to date someone over 6 ft.

4. These very women **** about dudes being shallow, do YOU read what other people write?

5. You have nothing to worry about with no picture.

6. You are obviously the type of person who provokes hate and rage
 DomG79
Msg: 183
Posted: 1/22/2012 5:39:28 PM
With that said, if you don't want to date because of my height, it is actually more polite to not respond instead of insulting me. I have yet to tell a woman on this site, oh, I am sorry, you're too fat. I don't need some insecure chick hung up on my height. If I was over 6 ft, I probably wouldn't need to be on this site trying to meet women anyway.

Me on the other hand, I am far more realistic. I realize that I am not going to meet Jessica Alba, Natalie Portman, Jennifer Aniston, or a Kardashian on here.

If it's not that, they attack my height because they are my age and live with their parents and refuse to work.
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 184
Posted: 1/22/2012 5:45:43 PM
@ Dominic, you'd be surprised at showman many grown women I've talked to on dating sites that still live with their parents.

I've talked to one that was 44, lived with her dad and siblings, let her dog sleep in her nd with her.

Another was 45 still lived with her parents, and had lied about her age (told me she was 34!!!).
 MyScreennameRox
Msg: 185
Posted: 1/22/2012 5:46:58 PM
Damn autospell, it typed showman rather than how.
 cooldog65
Msg: 186
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 5:53:02 PM
I have dated women as short as 4'9" to as tall as 6'0". It simply doesn't matter. Even if they're taller, you can reach the parts you need to reach horizontally. It all equals out...goes both ways. Horizontal is the great equalizer. I even state that in my profile.
 astrosky
Msg: 187
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2012 7:31:34 PM

Horizontal is the great equalizer.

So's girl on top.

Its more fun to shower with short people. If they're too tall the water bounces off their chest and gets in my eyes.
 Paderic
Msg: 188
Posted: 1/23/2012 4:41:12 AM
Sorry, but dishonesty is dishonesty. I can't agree with it for any dating related purposes, no matter how creative people are in making up excuses. Is it really worth it if you have to dupe someone into meeting you?
 Paderic
Msg: 189
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:26:10 AM
Sorry, but frustration is not a valid excuse for lying in my book.

It's really not that hard to take out your drivers license and enter that number when you fill out your profile.

Same thing with age (both genders), there is no valid excuse for fudging your age. I don't care how many people are doing it.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 190
Posted: 1/23/2012 7:51:26 AM
Two out of three men I meet from here fudge their height. I can see an inch or possibly two, but any more than that is an outright lie....I don't get it?
I actually got my last date to take out a tape measure when he got a little offended after I told him he wasn't 5'11". He insisted he was right up until the moment the tape measure offered it's proof. The date ended 'shortly' after....
 good_catch77
Msg: 191
Posted: 1/23/2012 8:22:33 AM

Everyone is guilty of exaggerating/downplaying/omitting/lying at one time or another and to varying degrees

Yes everyone including women, unless you call the bra padding and lifts not lying...oh its enhancing...right?

There is a difference in fudging some stuff and lying. No matter which gender. I mean if you are 5' 10 1/2" and you say you're 5'11"...not many seem to care, unless they are fixated on everything being down the line truthful...but ironically people like that are usually the double standard king/queen too.

I see it this way, if its a physical preference, there is no harm in that. Everyone likes what they like. But if you are giving lame excuses like being hard wired (IMO the hard wired is lame no matter which gender says it) then I'm sorry you're just shallow. If you don't date someone because you stereotyped the whole group with one or two experiences, then you are shallow as well. Notice I didn't do specifics and didn't say either gender. Men and women do this.

Best of luck to everyone...
 DomG79
Msg: 192
Posted: 1/23/2012 8:40:18 AM
If a girl pulled out a measuring tape on a date with me, I doubt that it would be for my height.
 CheezyChick
Msg: 193
Posted: 1/23/2012 9:04:11 AM
^^^
We had already spent the evening together and had a really good time, even though I noticed the height difference, it wasn't extreme so it didn't matter.
And for the record, I didn't demand anything....he was perfectly willing and in fact brought out the tape measure. The date ended shortly there after because he got all snippy and offended that he didn't measure up. I doubt he would have had the same reaction had he posted his actual height. Even though it wasn't that big a deal to me, it obviously was to him.

I'm tired of men who post their height as 5'11" and are actually 5'9" or 8". It is a difference whether you like it or not. Like I said 2 out of 3 men that I've met do this....I'll likely start bringing a tape measure in my purse and measure on the spot.
 Paderic
Msg: 194
Posted: 1/23/2012 9:10:47 AM
I'll likely start bringing a tape measure in my purse and measure on the spot.

That's a pretty good way to chase off someone that was honest about their height.

How would you react to a guy asking you to step on the scale? (I think it would be fun if they required weight on profiles instead of the subjective body type.) Or asking for bust/waist/hips measurement while you've got the tape handy?
 CheezyChick
Msg: 195
Posted: 1/23/2012 9:18:48 AM
Twas a little joke paderic...for real.

But yeah, I'm up for some of that measuring stuff...when you are honest about things, you don't get offended, ya know?
 good_catch77
Msg: 196
Posted: 1/23/2012 9:21:32 AM

I'll likely start bringing a tape measure in my purse and measure on the spot.

And I'll ask you take off your bra and measure your true bust line to ensure there is no "padding"...or waist line...or even weight like Paderic said. The tables could be turned and most women wouldn't appreciate it...so why should men? Even in jest this would be distasteful for either gender to do.
 DragonBits
Msg: 197
Posted: 1/23/2012 11:11:52 AM
Dominic, I am shorter than you, and a lot older than you also. I think it gets worse up to maybe age 50. After that, women are glad you can still hike 5 miles and perform in bed afterwords.

I read your profile, you seem negative, defensive and angry even on the profile, and the fact that your longest relationship is less that 1 year isn't good either.

Fact is many women won't date a short man, very few will date someone shorter than them. I think the internet is actually easier for shorter men, because you can sort through 10,000 women in a "short" time. Maybe change dating sites.

When I was very young I would date women taller than me, but now it is likely that I wouldn't. So it goes both ways, I like to have a women sit in my lap from time to time, harder to do that with someone at 5.8 in height.

If I was into hook ups on dating sites or in bars it would be a lot more difficult, but you can always find someone.

You can't dictate how women will reject you, but if they said they like short men but you seem boring and angry, would that be better?
 DragonBits
Msg: 198
Posted: 1/23/2012 11:23:43 AM
CheezyChick, I would never be so crass as to lie about my height.

But yeah, I'm up for some of that measuring stuff...when you are honest about things, you don't get offended, ya know?

But on the first date I like to go to an italian sausage deli.

I try and be subtle about it, but I challenge my date to see if she can gobble the link whole without choking.

Just a little test I like to do.
 DomG79
Msg: 199
Posted: 1/23/2012 1:19:30 PM
You can't dictate how women will reject you, but if they said they like short men but you seem boring and angry, would that be better?

Angry at times, boring never.

I read your profile, you seem negative, defensive and angry even on the profile, and the fact that your longest relationship is less that 1 year isn't good either.

If I was good at being in relationships, I would not be here in the first place. I am aware that less than a year isn't good, but unlike some people on this, I don't lie on my profile. That's not counting that time I said I was 6'11 for a day, which I in fact stated in the content of my profile that I was 5'6.

Less than one year was my longest relationship. Girls reject me because of my height. The ones who write me are not the ones I am attracted to. Am I supposed to be happy? No, it makes me angry. I have that right.

Thank you for the profile review, sir.
 DragonBits
Msg: 200
Posted: 1/23/2012 2:24:17 PM
Dominic, do you really want to be in a relationship, or just screw and casually date? Because casual dating is more about looks and eye appeal.

The reason girls reject you can't be just your height, I am shorter and I have been in a 13 year and a 8 year relationship, and I was the one that ended it.

Yes, it is harder to date random women being short, going to a singles bar is the pits, but I did meet a women in one where we had a 1 year relationship, it ended because I didn't want to get married. But I wouldn't go to bars because the odds are really slim for a guy that is short and angry.

PoF may not be the best venue for relationships.

Not sure what to tell you, during one time in my life I gave out communion (catholic) at hospitals with my now ex-wife. I volunteered to give out sandwiches in a soup kitchen type of thing. By this I mean work on your ability to have empathy for others rather than thinking about yourself so much.

On the other hand, if all you really want to do is fck yourself silly,. save a few $1000 and head to pattaya thailand. It will be impossible to avoid getting laid until you are exhausted. Not my thing personally, but I can direct you to those who could better advise you on the lay of the land in Pattaya, or you could fly solo, up 2 you.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > We talked about weight, well, what about height? :-)