Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > If you had God in the room with you...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 grplaman
Msg: 21
If you had God in the room with you...Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
It would probably be, "STOP!",.........as he chases me around the room, corner to corner with an solid Oak Boat Paddle!
 Godless Heathen
Msg: 22
view profile
History
If you had God in the room with you...
Posted: 11/18/2005 10:14:16 AM
Excuse me? Do you expect me to worship you or something?
 wonkavision
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/18/2005 12:44:06 PM
Nick Nac- you bring to light an important point, one that always bothered me about the more fundamentalist perspective. In one breath they say that god is too magnificent and mysterious to understand, and in the next they presume to tell us his intentions and objectives. There's something very hypocritical, vain and self serving about a person saying I love you, god loves you, you are my brother and have fun burning in hell all in the same breath. The idea of a god who would damn souls to eternal suffering simply for not accepting his existence seems more resonant with the secular agendas of politics, sociology and human psychology than it does with an all-knowing, all-loving and all-powerful entity.
 wonkavision
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/18/2005 1:07:02 PM
"That is a teaching of man."

That was kind of my point, but I was not aware that it says that nowhere in the bible. I don't recall seeing it specifically, but I'm sure there's a lot I don't recall from reading it. I pretty much took the fire and brimstone crowd on their word. I have a creeping suspicion someone might make a post contradicting that with a passage though. I'd be curious to see if anyone can.
 wonkavision
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/18/2005 1:12:58 PM
Hold on now, a quick google search brought up these two passages-

Mark 3:29 "But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation."

Mark 9:43-48: "And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched." (KJV)
 ASB
Msg: 26
Posted: 11/18/2005 6:05:33 PM
God's already in the room with you :)
 ASB
Msg: 27
Posted: 11/18/2005 6:10:37 PM
Naw, Buddah is a bed buddy. He keeps ya warm at night :)
 ASB
Msg: 28
Posted: 11/22/2005 5:03:47 PM
I personally think God IS in the room with us, but if you can SEE Him in the room, I'd be cleaning up, and fast!!
 ASB
Msg: 29
Posted: 11/26/2005 4:44:37 PM
If I had God in the room with me, I wouldn't be alone :P
 ASB
Msg: 30
Posted: 11/27/2005 4:17:10 PM
I'd ask Him where I put my insurance papers. I lost them.
 Cleopatracutie
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2006 4:24:27 PM
I would give him a beer (supposing that he did exsist mind you) and ask whats up.
 masterspirit
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2006 7:48:59 PM
get the hell outta here I wanna sin!!!!!
 A_Cool_Guy
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 10/27/2007 3:17:28 PM
May I please get Baptised in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in other tongues, as described in the book of Acts, and have the ability to heal, gifts of faith, prophecy, and to lose any desire towards the world and have my total desire towards Him. For some reason, my environment is full of distractions and I feel a bit spiritually oppressed and feel I'm missing out on a lot of things that God has in store for me spiritually but seemed to have fallen short of where I should be. Would be a great opportunity to set things straight in that scenerio.

But the reality is, God is omnipresent, so technically, if He's everywhere at the same time, then He is supposed to be in the room now, or in everyone's room simultanously (while having an ear or personality for each single human being at the same time).
 Freya73
Msg: 35
Posted: 10/28/2007 8:41:39 AM
Depends on which god was in the room with me... I mean.. I am polythestic so.. yeah. It depends..

I think though the question would be "mead or ale?" for me!
 Bleedin Soul
Msg: 36
Posted: 10/28/2007 5:31:22 PM
Sooooo! How's your Day been?
 loner628
Msg: 37
Posted: 10/30/2007 11:20:57 PM
I would have two questionS.

What was it I came to do here again, I forgot?
And

WHY ON EARTH DID IT TAKE ME 49 YEARS TO FIND REAL LOVE????????????
 etherealone
Msg: 38
Posted: 10/31/2007 4:34:41 PM
God doesn't know we exist. asking him a question would **** him up too much. i would like to be a fly on his wall though.
 whothehellknows
Msg: 39
Posted: 10/31/2007 7:10:25 PM
So who really knocked up Mary?
 themadfiddler
Msg: 40
Posted: 11/25/2007 1:42:58 AM
I'd ask why do you let so many smacktards presume to speak in Your Name without smiting them down? Are you saving it up for a big surprise at the end?

And then I'd ask, can I watch...and will there be popcorn?

And then I'd offer to buy him a cold one while he fries the hypocritical c***ts for a few decades.

And we'd laugh and smoke a bowl of one of his fine plants that he made for us to enjoy...Iree...everyt'ing gonna be alright now...

Then if we weren't to wiped, I'd ask if we could go kick Hitler and Martin Luther around for a bit.
 allrosie1
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2007 10:21:54 AM
Hey jrbogie;
You are alive and able to fly, that should be proof enough for you. As far as all of the scientists go, don't worry about them, they'll always have a logical reply for why things are as God has done them. We live by faith and example. SO YOU show those scientists that there is a God and he does wonderous things!!!
BTW - you sound like a very interesting man and I hope your divorce goes through quickly if that is how HE wants it.
Would love to chat, talk, or do coffee/tea anytime. Take care
BYS
loosepetals
 RocketMan_Len
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/1/2007 3:44:25 PM
What's the deal about a platypus?
 Patricia.L
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/3/2007 5:10:45 AM
God is always with us everywhere and wants us to ask Him questions, and get to know him.

I am glad He does not limit the number of questions to just one.

My questions are:

God tell me what you want to happen this day?
How do I get closer to you and get to know you more?
Show me how to be the person you created me to be?
Why did you do that (can be various things that I just don't understand)?
God, I don't get it, what am I missing (those times when everything seems to go wrong)?

I also get answers and they vary, but examples would be:

Come away with me and I will tell you who I AM and who someday you will be.

I have made you perfect just the way you are, I know what you need, and what I will lead you to do, to do so stop trying so hard to make something, create something or be somebody, you are somebody, you are my masterpiece and you can trust me to guide you.

As to "why did I do that?", because I know what comes next and didn't want you to miss out because you thought you knew best.
 RocketMan_Len
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/8/2007 6:58:17 PM

First of all if we saw God in our room we wouldn't live to talk about it, for no one can see him and live to talk about it... Only Moses and few did .. because they were chosen by him.

But... if God were to appear before you, that would mean that you *have* been chosen by Him - would it not...?
 RocketMan_Len
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/8/2007 7:02:16 PM
For some strange reason, the question brings to mind an old Simpsons episode dialog...

Homer: So what IS the Meaning of Life?
God: You'll find that out when you die.
Homer: AWWWW - I can't wait that long!
God: You can't wait six months?
Homer: NO! I want to know NOW!

(Fade to black...)
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > If you had God in the room with you...