Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 urinemyway
Msg: 133
A Touch of GreyPage 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
If my hair turned white in one shot, I'd probably say "Cool!"

I'm finding that I don't like the transitional period, though. I think I look...linty. But I don't imagine myself ever dying my hair, so linty it is. Maybe I should shave my head.
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 135
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/8/2008 4:04:42 PM
If it's grey it stays.

Well, some of mine, anyway.

And, LCB07, you couldn't understand that???

Good! I thought I was all alone there.

Oh, wait...

I still am...

Annudder
 wolf_hunter
Msg: 136
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/9/2008 9:58:00 PM
As long as it stays grey on my head, chest, mustache & not coming out my ears, I don't care what color it was! Dad was bald , I think that gene missed me!
 peiganjan
Msg: 137
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/10/2008 7:42:54 AM
i prefer the word "silver" to "grey". {;

i started getting them in my early 20's, and i was mortified. i've always coloured my hair for fun, but then i started colouring it to cover the grey. it was my hairdresser that convinced me, about three years ago, to stop covering it and let it grow. at the time, my hair was short (SHORT short), and she could tell by the growth patterns that if i let it go, it would grow into nice silver streaks around my face. she was right. it took some patience during the "growing out" phase, but now that my hair is longer, i love it. i get compliments on it all the time. i've been stopped by women in the street who have asked me who colours my hair (lol) b/c they want my streaks, too. and i've had a few "thank you's" from women who admire my confidence in showing my "true colours" so to speak. some have said that i've inspired them to let their own grow out.

i find some silver attractive in others, as well.
i would never cover mine again.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 138
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/10/2008 3:22:16 PM
Grey hair isn't so bad on men. Especially if it's a little on the sides...
As far as myself, I don't have grey hair. Mom my didn't get any until her 50's. If and when I do get some it'll definitely be covered! Lots of my friends who are in their late 20's early 30's have it! I guess I am lucky.
 nobrumski
Msg: 140
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/10/2008 10:05:19 PM
I accepted my grey a long time ago. I started getting grey hair at 18 or so. It seemed to explode around 26 but it blends in fairly well. The only time people notice it is when I shave my hair short since it stands out more. In the last two years it has really started to show up in my goatee though.
 microraven
Msg: 141
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/10/2008 10:57:00 PM
For a woman a touch of grey is a rite of passage ... as are stretch marks, crows feet and wrinkles ... a woman in her forties should be the sexiest and proudest thing alive ... and a man in the same age ... will recognize a beaten housewife to a woman in the prime of her life ... I'll take a woman my own age any day ... because she is gorgeous in my eyes ...

Just my .02
 Merrylass
Msg: 142
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/13/2008 4:24:12 AM
I have always liked grey accents. I've even run across some gents with prematurely white hair that were great-looking. I'd far rather see the grey than obviously-dyed hair. To me, age shows in the face, not in the hair colour.
 smilinpixie
Msg: 145
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/14/2008 5:46:04 AM
I think the salt & pepper look is extremely sexy. I have no problems dating a man that is going grey.

I on the other hand seem to get white hairs... thanks to my daughters.... being blond they do not show much, I just get highlights once or twice a year and they blend right in. As I get older I don't think they will bother me, but damn, I'm still young!
 joanne1357
Msg: 147
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/18/2008 12:00:17 PM
agree.. that salt & pepper on the right guy is VERY attractive; shaved head too !
I was blonde as a kid, then it turned brown...just brown. Started getting some silver in my 40's & never thought anything about it till a few yrs ago when I decided to get it colored.. am so fair skinned it just brightened up my face. I do let it go a bit & get silver at the temples for a short while , if it stays silver & there is more grey than brown I may let it go au natural .... maybe ... well.. we'll see... hmmm...eventually...maybe..

Its all what you're comfortable with. If anyone asks me, am not ashamed to say I color my hair. If it makes you feel better, more confidant, sexier, whatever.. go for it! But if you have beautiful grey, silver or salt & pepper hair that works for me too!
 piscescoda
Msg: 148
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/18/2008 9:41:42 PM
I had a few silvers start coming in along my part when I was 25. I color my hair, but not because of the silver. There's probably 4-5 of them so far (i'm 26). They're kind of neat.
 gizmosellschickens
Msg: 149
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/21/2008 9:49:14 PM
Gray hair pointless to cover them up as a male unless you have vanity complex. Started to get gray hair when I was 22 and now 30 they are more noticable. Would not hide grey hair because its normal for most people to get greys as they age.
 Nightwing66
Msg: 150
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/22/2008 4:47:24 AM
I have very few gray hairs.......except for an asymmetrical patch (recent development) on my chin if I grow a beard!

Maybe they felt persecuted on the old noggin & decided to band together & form a union?
 ilvstlrs
Msg: 151
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/22/2008 10:52:12 AM
I personally don't care whether or not a man even has hair, lol. It's just not an issue. For myself, I confess that I have colored my hair since I was a teenager. My mom found my first grey hair when I was two years old, lol.
 mystery_mike
Msg: 153
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/25/2008 10:00:33 PM
I have premature greying...it started in my mid 20s..im 29 now and my sides have quite a bit of salt and pepper, and since i keep it short it shows alot. I tried dyeing it at first but I actually like it better this way and people usually get a kick out of it.

I much rather have the grey than be balding
 *Sassy Redhead*
Msg: 154
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/25/2008 11:04:46 PM
I think grey hair on a guy is HOT....let me be more specific....I like the grey on guys who once had black hair...so there is a combo of black, dark grey and white in their hair....just damn...HOT...total turn on for me!
 Wraith67
Msg: 155
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/25/2008 11:33:52 PM
I'm kinda proud that i lived long enough to have grey hair...lol... My curiosity lies in the fact that i'm getting a little frost on the sides, my mustache is still reddish brown and how the heck is it that my gotee is completely white? I quit letting it grow in for a couple of years and when i did, it was snow white when it started growing in...honestly, i found that to be unsettling... As far as a lady having grey hair, i say be yourself. i say that she should be proud of it...she earned it as have the rest of us that have a tinge or more of grey.....
 77Ryan
Msg: 156
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/26/2008 7:25:46 PM
I've been going grey since I was 25. My grandfather had a full head of silver hair and so does my father now. I'll be more than happy to have the same one day.
 gdog1965
Msg: 158
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/27/2008 7:24:50 PM
That's not entirely true. What matters is how you style your hair. Whatever you do, don't cut it off and get one of those old lady perms. If your hair is styled well, any color looks great; the style is the key! I think a woman in her 40's with well styled hair and natural grey highlights is hot!
 eyes_never_lie
Msg: 159
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 10/28/2008 5:49:09 PM
I've got grey in my beard, doesn't bother me the least. It doesn't show too much when it's neatly trimmed close. Occasionally I'll go a few days without trimming and as it gets longer, it's very noticeable. Only a few throughout my head, none noticeable unless your looking for it. My dad is 75 and has only a small amount of grey and a head full of hair, so that's something to look forward to!
 ripley65
Msg: 160
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 11/4/2008 2:48:53 AM
Do you like grey hair on the opposite sex? A lot of grey? A touch of grey? Do you mind having your own grey hair?

I have noooo problem at all with men having gray in their hair. I personally think gray on a man makes him soooo much more handsome whether its salt & pepper or all gray!

My own gray hair? Ugh! Hate it hate it hate it! Some women can pull it off having gray hair, but seriously i do not like it on me AT ALL.
 cheryls place
Msg: 162
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 12/14/2008 3:39:15 PM
Love it on men, hate it on myself. I dye my hair black. And will probably do it til I can't physically do it myself Maybe by the time I am in my 70's. When gray would be ok. To me, it ages me.
 sunkist76
Msg: 163
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 12/15/2008 1:10:34 PM
actually lately, i've found myself attracted to men with grey hair. as long as it's on their head and not the chest, i don't have a problem.
 sben77
Msg: 164
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 12/15/2008 2:30:33 PM
Salt and pepper grey on a man is such a turn on! I just want grab him and run my hands through it! Almost can't control myself! The older men with the jet black hair just look silly though, I can pass on by them. But let me see some grey on a man...Whoa! He better look out!
 produceninja
Msg: 165
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 12/17/2008 3:35:39 PM
I have a mild dislike for my salt and pepper hair. I usually shave my head pretty short though so that kinda covers it. I have always swore that I will never color my hair a natural color to try to hide gray hair. I would consider getting leopard spots again or go for some kind of bright red or something.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >