Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Miss G
Msg: 117
A Touch of GreyPage 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
what is a good brand for men if they want to cover their gray?
 strangerstill
Msg: 118
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 11/11/2007 9:39:22 AM
I think all of mine have been touched by grey. I'm cool with it.
 LondonGuyCLT
Msg: 119
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 11/11/2007 11:19:35 AM
I hate MY grey hair. I turned grey at 19! To top it off...its patchy grey! If i was all grey i'd probably not mind....hence every 2 weeks it all comes off :)
 mindmyownbusiness
Msg: 120
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 11/11/2007 12:15:43 PM
Everybody I have been with had grey or white hair.
On the "wrong" individual even the perfect tint/dye sucks.
There are beautiful women around with wonderful silver hair.....but on me? Grey sucks right now. I am already old style and naive...With grey hair I would look like I was ready for the monastery :))BLINK:)))
 sweetheart505
Msg: 121
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 11/12/2007 1:05:22 AM
I don't generally look at grey haired men and I think it's because I'm 35. I'm always attracted to guys younger than myself. Um...I myself have pulled a couple of very fine white hairs from around the front of my forehead. They are not grey. To change the subject...I heard a few years back that the federal govt was thinking about lowering the retirement age to 55, does anybody know about that? Cause the way I look at it...if I'm always going to earn enough money just to pay living expenses, then I'll be ready for retirement by 55. Does anyone know the status on that?
 virginiaborn
Msg: 122
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 2/3/2008 6:04:46 PM
I had a silver streak in my hair by the time I was in my early 20's. When I was in college, my friends talked me into dying it, so to go with the flow I did. I colored it for the next 15+ yrs, and on a whim, decided to let it grow out, to see what natural looked like!

Wow...! I love my silver hair now..and sure, I get the grandmother comments sometimes, when I'm out with my 15 yr old daughter. LOL....if the sales staff is gonna give me the senior discount, without asking.....well, I'm gonna take it without tellin. Doesn't bother me a bit...my silver is just part of who I am, and definately not an age-identifier!

Just my humble$.02

VaBorn
 english lass
Msg: 123
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 2/3/2008 9:09:12 PM
i dye my hair, it's fun

of course, i used to dye my hair *just* for the fun aspect... now it's partly vanity too.. gray just isn't my colour
 WesternRose
Msg: 124
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 2/3/2008 10:39:38 PM
I made the decision to let the grey grow in... I want a stripe...you know like the one Morticia Addams had on the Addams Family...one of those big skunky stripes... ..... no seriously... I am going to let the grey come in naturally... much to the distress of my mother who I mentioned it to tonight.

all 3 of my kids are in elementary school.... I am curious how this is going to look like on the playground... will I look like their granny?
 kayliecat
Msg: 125
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 2/5/2008 6:43:12 PM
WRose...I think that's so funny because when I saw my first gray hairs, I had the same exact thought!! I wanted a stripe! Mine though was like Rowan from the Anne McCaffrey books, but same idea.

Unfort I"m 35 and mine is coming in at the temples and then a few in my bangs and crown, no stripe for me. And I hate them!!! Every one of them! The silver makes my dark hair look oily so I have to wash it more often. (which is not good for my split ends).

I am still the only one that notices the grays so really it's not a big deal...but they bug me. I feel too young to be turning gray already. Plus I am so anti-hair dyeing...just because it's a hassle. My mom started bleaching her hair blonde when she was 18 (yep, peroxide and all) and she has never stopped dyeing it one way or another. That's a lot of years of hair dye and for 18 of those years I watched her do it. So I decided to hold off on that bandwagon as long as I could. Plus, well, I like my dark hair just fine.

We'll see how many more years I can go before the gray starts to be obvious!

I really think it's a personal decision and unfort it's true that men get away with it easier than women do. Such is life. I've seen gray hair on women - short and long - that looks really good on them so it can be done. I'm just not quite ready yet at 35 to see all my VERY dark hair lose it's color. The funny thing is when I met my sbtx, he was 31 and already about 50% gray. Now at 45 he is about 85% gray...so hair color has never been a big deal...*on someone else*.

It's different now that it's my head!

Kaylie
 SueisWho
Msg: 126
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 2/5/2008 8:27:40 PM
I have a few grey.....at first it bothered me and then one day this guy walked into the store I used to work at....and I swear he was my "male" double!! He looked just like me and in the sunlight I could see silver throughout his hair...it looked so sweet! God! He looked so sweet!

I should have ran after him!!! But I was too shy then...
 pete39b2
Msg: 127
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 2/6/2008 4:01:29 AM
remember that movie with Cher and N. Cage ? I thought she looked so much better before she had her hair 'touched up' LOL - i said that to a couple of people and they all thought i was nuts ! it isn't your hair that defines you, and i think a touch of gray is like frosting - makes the cake so much sweeter !
 trueokie4u2
Msg: 128
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 2/6/2008 12:20:57 PM
I think men with grey hair looks very sexy, of course I cover mine.. lol
 A timekeeper
Msg: 129
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 2/6/2008 8:13:18 PM
Nice to know you ladies like our grey hair. Thats a good thing because I would sure hate to sit in a beauty place, looking like a fool with foil in my hair.

Yeah I know it's ok for my gender to go in and have nails, toes, hair done these days, but honestly, I'd feel out of place and down right silly. If one of my boys caught me sitting in one of those chairs, I'd never hear the end of it.

I'll stick to my good old fashioned family barber, who knows my hair since I was a kid. I fly to him, drag him outta bed if I have to, he cuts it, I fly back home. His son did it last time, I hated it.

My hair is mixed black n grey, more pepper than salt, thus far.
 sweetheart505
Msg: 130
White hair
Posted: 5/4/2008 7:42:47 AM
I'm going to post a reply to my own post...after analyzing and thinking about this for awhile and instantly a brief moment, I think that people who are aging at a young age, such as early grey or white hair (which is what I've begun to get and hair thinning and dullness) , hair loss, which is an excellent sign, should collect early retirement, especially if they are not anal retentive. You know why, because people constantly f with people, because of this and this is why society owes a member in society welfare. The rich can afford it because poor peole are the reason you are rich, SO you can afford it and feel good about it and you will feel good about it, because everyone will benefit in a good way.
 LCB07
Msg: 131
White hair
Posted: 5/7/2008 6:28:00 PM
What?!!? ^^^^^^
 ang65
Msg: 132
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/7/2008 9:59:55 PM
I love gray hair on a man, don't think women look good with it though.
 urinemyway
Msg: 133
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/8/2008 9:07:08 AM
If my hair turned white in one shot, I'd probably say "Cool!"

I'm finding that I don't like the transitional period, though. I think I look...linty. But I don't imagine myself ever dying my hair, so linty it is. Maybe I should shave my head.
 prissypants58
Msg: 134
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/8/2008 12:23:19 PM
grey hair on men can be attractive . I would personally never have gray hair i find it unattractive and it makes you look older.
 AnnudderVoice
Msg: 135
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/8/2008 4:04:42 PM
If it's grey it stays.

Well, some of mine, anyway.

And, LCB07, you couldn't understand that???

Good! I thought I was all alone there.

Oh, wait...

I still am...

Annudder
 wolf_hunter
Msg: 136
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/9/2008 9:58:00 PM
As long as it stays grey on my head, chest, mustache & not coming out my ears, I don't care what color it was! Dad was bald , I think that gene missed me!
 peiganjan
Msg: 137
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/10/2008 7:42:54 AM
i prefer the word "silver" to "grey". {;

i started getting them in my early 20's, and i was mortified. i've always coloured my hair for fun, but then i started colouring it to cover the grey. it was my hairdresser that convinced me, about three years ago, to stop covering it and let it grow. at the time, my hair was short (SHORT short), and she could tell by the growth patterns that if i let it go, it would grow into nice silver streaks around my face. she was right. it took some patience during the "growing out" phase, but now that my hair is longer, i love it. i get compliments on it all the time. i've been stopped by women in the street who have asked me who colours my hair (lol) b/c they want my streaks, too. and i've had a few "thank you's" from women who admire my confidence in showing my "true colours" so to speak. some have said that i've inspired them to let their own grow out.

i find some silver attractive in others, as well.
i would never cover mine again.
 MetalVixxn
Msg: 138
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/10/2008 3:22:16 PM
Grey hair isn't so bad on men. Especially if it's a little on the sides...
As far as myself, I don't have grey hair. Mom my didn't get any until her 50's. If and when I do get some it'll definitely be covered! Lots of my friends who are in their late 20's early 30's have it! I guess I am lucky.
 nobrumski
Msg: 140
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/10/2008 10:05:19 PM
I accepted my grey a long time ago. I started getting grey hair at 18 or so. It seemed to explode around 26 but it blends in fairly well. The only time people notice it is when I shave my hair short since it stands out more. In the last two years it has really started to show up in my goatee though.
 microraven
Msg: 141
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/10/2008 10:57:00 PM
For a woman a touch of grey is a rite of passage ... as are stretch marks, crows feet and wrinkles ... a woman in her forties should be the sexiest and proudest thing alive ... and a man in the same age ... will recognize a beaten housewife to a woman in the prime of her life ... I'll take a woman my own age any day ... because she is gorgeous in my eyes ...

Just my .02
 Merrylass
Msg: 142
view profile
History
A Touch of Grey
Posted: 5/13/2008 4:24:12 AM
I have always liked grey accents. I've even run across some gents with prematurely white hair that were great-looking. I'd far rather see the grey than obviously-dyed hair. To me, age shows in the face, not in the hair colour.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >