/ >50 -- Guide me, oh wise ones... Free Dating, Singles and Personals
Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > >50 -- Guide me, oh wise ones...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GreenEyesAndHam
Msg: 1
view profile
History
>50 -- Guide me, oh wise ones...Page 3 of 1    
[This is mainly for folks who have a full 5 decades under their belt]

I'm 41; to what do I have to look forward, and from what should I flee in my upcoming 10 years or so?

Please share with me your knowledge so that I may avoid some mistakes, while making the same fun mistakes that you did.

GE&H

PS - I almost had the header as "Guide me, oh wizened ones..." Just to make sure, I checked out wizened: "shriveled and dried up, as of old age." I'm certain that that doesn't apply to the folks brave enough to board the good ship POF. Whew.
 tinkerbellcgy
Msg: 2
view profile
History
>50 -- Guide me, oh wise ones...
Posted: 12/31/2005 3:14:29 PM
Hi GE & H, all I can say is that as each decade goes by, life does get better even if I am a little shriveled and dried up! I have found myself to be more carefree i.e., allowing myself to do things that I would never have even thought of doing when I was younger. I now don't give a rat's butt what people think of me or the things I do as long as I am true to myself.

So, my friend, don't look upon turning 50, or for that matter 60, as anything but a new adventure. As you age, life only gets better and better.
 GreenEyesAndHam
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:24:44 AM
Well, thank you lady and gentlemen for your thoughtful words. I'm not sure if I'm glad that there was no advice like "Cash in all your belongings, go to Monte Carlo, bet it all on RED." Then again, I'm glad that there was no "Spreading out my portfolio" advice either.

To roll it all together, I guess I'll just be excitedly waxing my grasshopper all night in a carefree manner while wearing absorbant adult undergarments.

Good luck on POF,
GE&H
 Nghtshft
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:52:35 AM

a Golden Buckeye Card?

Hey I think I can get one of them next year.....
 Nghtshft
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/8/2006 6:34:28 AM
Hmmmm.... maybe

Do they take Buckeye Cards at coffee shops.....
 Celticmist
Msg: 7
Posted: 6/22/2006 7:54:59 PM
oh heck I am just turning 55 in a few more months and will be planning my second childhood; a few more months after that when I retire - first thing I am planning to do is shake of the work dust and take a nice long trip just me and my dog, unless I meet up with a nice young 50ish or 60ish fella before that and he decides to come along. Life is just getting better and better every day.
 moraima
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2006 8:02:52 PM
Wow! 50 + and going to do all I can to live the hell out of life till I reach my stale date. Since my 50th birthday, life has got better and better. Wouldn't go back to any of those days before 50 for anything.

Go for all the things you have ever wanted to do (but not all at the same time )
 nipoleon
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 6/23/2006 3:57:09 AM
There are more and more people younger than you are who you can say about, " Was I that stupid when I was that age ? "
 rossal
Msg: 10
Posted: 6/23/2006 6:17:26 AM
Fifty Dollar Bill: LOVED what you said. I will be 60 in 4 months; i can dance all night, stay up until 4 or 5 in the a.m., and run rings around the 20 year olds.

Remember: once you get over the hill (as we are NOT); you PICK UP SPEED!! LOL

Livin' is hard, dyin' is mean, get all the LOVE......you can....in between!

Smiles n Grins, Ally
 The Magician
Msg: 11
Posted: 6/25/2006 12:13:42 PM
I, for one will never regret patting the half century mark. With the knowledge and skills I have developed over my years, life is more cherished. I have taken up hiking, re-discovered X-country skiing, have the time and mantal capacity to take the boat out for a day of fishing, etc..On top of it all my libido is seemingly now at a peak, something I would not have believed at 30. Best of all, a person can have open and honest discussions with a "friend" about what they really like and dislike. We can have open and honest dialogue about PMS, menopause, hysterectomies, ED, andropause, and all the subjects that younger people avoid. It now seems strange that the term "the change" was revolting. Hell we get better with age, and I am loving it
 dreaminglite
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2006 6:30:55 AM
I am in my 40s and feel I must add my "bit". For all the men worried about turning 50 I need to share something my g/fs and I discussed. We ALL date men over 50. The reason? We don't have to be hyperactive and involved in extreme sports, older men accept our bodies (bumps and all) and enjoy our minds, older men also appear to be more "settled" and calm and over the "climb up the corporate ladder", they also seem to know how to treat a lady and appreciate our presence.
The best relationship I ever enjoyed was with a man 30 years my senior. What a delightful man he was with all the insight and life experience he had. Sadly, he passed away last year. Since then I dated a man my own age and found myself "parenting" him.
I feel that maturity leads to smelling the roses and loving more deeply for all the RIGHT reasons.....we now know more of who we really are and appreciate what really matters!
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > >50 -- Guide me, oh wise ones...