Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Happily Ever...maybe
Msg: 27
view profile
History
is it so bad to want an older man?Page 2 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Once we get to be 25 or so, the majority of people, men and women alike, are adults, and at that point the age thing is nothing more than a number. There are some hardwired genetic reasons for an attraction between an older man and a younger woman, and more and more cultural acceptance of older women and younger men. Hey, whatever best works for you; like I said, we're all adults, or at least should be.

I do like the old saying (Chinese?) about a woman should be half the man's age plus 7 years. For me that means 45/2 + 7 = 30. Sounds about right. Then again, this saying was probably made up by Confucius's horny cousin...lol
 designingwoman
Msg: 29
view profile
History
is it so bad to want an older man?
Posted: 3/3/2007 6:10:27 PM
No. It's a matter of preference. Everyone has their own preferences, and they do have a right to them. I am not going to criticize someone for preferring to date older men, since I have my own personal set of preferences.
 kywindwalker
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 3/4/2007 8:20:52 AM
it's simple we are all different in oure likes and dislikes we make the choice...i prefer ladies my own age because most have ben there done that and hopefully loking for somone to spend there life with...just my thoughts
 redangel35
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 9/17/2007 7:45:28 PM
No... its not bad at all. Iam 34 and prefer men at least 15 years older than myself. The oldes was 28 years older than myself and we are best friends to this day.

As far as what others think... well my friends say that I have a disease called.. geriatricfeelya... and I say yep I do. I have a bad case!!!!!!!!

I have found that older men or most of them have all ready gone through the stage you mentioned.. drinking.. partying all the time and so forth. Older men seem to be more laid back and relaxed. Personally, sexually they actually care whether Iam satisifed or not.. they actually act like they CARE. They have figured out.. hey my partner is satisified.. so she will reciprocate...

My fetish is for an older man with gray hair and beard...
 studplayrico
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 9/20/2007 7:33:29 PM
Well, although i'm not old(31) i do like younger girls.
 Winter Sparkle
Msg: 34
Posted: 9/22/2007 9:47:02 PM
I'm all for an older gentleman!
 Im George
Msg: 35
Posted: 12/7/2007 9:24:13 AM
I guess i never understood the big phobia of numbers myself. Ive dated both older and younger, married younger, i dont really pay alot of attention to the age. to me its simply a number, ive met some early 20-somethings that had their shittogether far more so than some of the 40-somethings, and visa-versa. i look for attractive characteristics in the women i choose to be around, important stuff like honesty, integrity, shared interests,common beleifs, you know, things i wont find on her drivers license.
 crayonzz
Msg: 36
Posted: 12/7/2007 12:49:18 PM
My mind flicks to images of Sean Connery, David Cassidy, Donny Osmond, Mel Gibson, Bruce Willis, Harrison Ford, and any number of others.

Do whats good for you m dear. Others can offer opinons but don't let them run your life.
 skyscrapper
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/8/2007 7:06:59 AM

I am 27 and find it very attractive to hook up with an older man. (i never have, kind of a wish i guess). I mean an older man who really has it together, compared to me. Guys my age are just so...typical. i mean, they have nothing, they drink and party too much, they have no values, and they screw everything. Seems like they will never amount to anything. I like the older type of guys who are real men. Seems like my generation of women missed out. Then again, alot of women out there nowadays dont have much to offer either i guess bc everyone sleeps around so much. any comments?

And how do you think those guys got to be older and wise (and atractive, etc)..??
To be old and wise you need first to be young and stu.pid... isn't it?

This is a comment very tipical of the co-dependency fashion... you don't see the person as such having constraints and potential, you just care about the end result... nothing for you to invest, but a lot to gain.

However, I'll say there is nothing wrong in you finding older men attractive. We men (when young) find older women attractive too... and give the same reasons you give.

I don't really think you actually find them attractive... it's more like you find them exotic.
 Insearchoflosttreasure
Msg: 38
Posted: 12/10/2007 6:12:52 AM
I don't think you are any different than women 50 to 100 years ago. It seemed then that most women married older men. I would hazard a guess and say that anyone 10 to 12 years older is pretty safe for you. I think the idea of a virgin in either a man or a woman is almost a thing of the past but hey not every woman or guy screws around before getting married. I am sure that you don't want to marry a guy and then have him cheating on you because he wanted to see what it was like with other women. So having him or yourself test the waters before hand may be something you think about. Marriage is supposed to be for life but the number of divorces have quadrupled in the last 10 years. So no it isn't bad, as an older man is more apt to have learned his lessons and is less likely to be unfaithful. If all an older gentleman gives you is his cell phone number then think twice because there could still be a wife at home. good luck
 skyscrapper
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/12/2007 6:16:53 AM
Funny, the same girl...50 years in the future...will be craving a younger man....
 fancynanci
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 12/12/2007 10:55:30 AM
Age shouldn't be a factor. You just need someone you are compatible with.
 skyscrapper
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/19/2007 5:37:20 AM

Age shouldn't be a factor. You just need someone you are compatible with.

Define compatible???
 oregonmeetsmesa
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/19/2007 7:55:14 AM
Don't think older guys are all together either,there are always exceptions.If its what you want,then nothing wrong with that,in some cultures its absolutely normal
 verygreeneyez
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/22/2007 9:45:12 AM
~OP~ Personal preferences are a wonderful thing. If you prefer older, seek those older. Likewise, I only date those within a few years of my own age. It's my preference and one I don't negotiate. Personally, I want someone from my own time-zone which means within a few years either direction. I've been bashed for not being interested in "the person" rather than the age ~ well, "the person" is linked to the age. You are what you've experienced ~ for me, I want a product of the 80's just like myself. Meet/date whom you choose ~ it's no one else's business anyway. JMO
 crayonzz
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/23/2007 4:15:30 AM
Take one older man and then put him and the 50 on the scale of one - one hundred.

then think up 50 things better than dating an older man. And then 50 things worse.
Much worse.

At the end of that time you will realise that an older man is a very minor pain in the arse.
 screenwriterdave
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 12/24/2007 1:28:16 PM
As an over 50 guy, I find myself beginning to struggle with this issue. In the year and a half since I was divorced I have dated a number of women in my age bracket. Many of them seemed nice, many attractive but...I now am dealing with the fact that I find younger women, 25-45, more interesting to me, and not just for the physical reasons. My life is in a "young"place: I have 2 relatively young children and a new career. I'm not in the same place as fifty-somethings with grandchildren.

So here's my question, particularly for the younger women who say they like mature guys. How do you like to be approached by these guys? I find myself terrified of being seen as some kind of perv.

Opinions?

Dave
 northwoods57
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/24/2007 3:34:37 PM
I love dating a younger woman. I am 57, and younger woman crave an older guy for comfort, worldly, and sometimes better sex (we know how to make a younger woman feel good). My daughters date guys their own age, and they tell me they are SO Immature.
I prefer a woman younger, because they are craving someone to talk with who is not into video games, have social graces. A tall long hair woman is what I want.
 dinno76
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/27/2014 10:41:07 AM
If you want to date older men then do it.
 Like2dance
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2014 1:06:01 PM
At age 61 I find it appropriate to only date women substantially younger than myself. Most of the women I seriously date are 15 to 20 years younger than myself.
 matthew83co
Msg: 49
Posted: 3/3/2015 4:26:03 PM
My sister married a man who is ten years older than her and he's a better man than most of the ass clowns who are her age. I'm not saying that all of us men in our thirties are ass clowns, but there sure are a lot of us (to include the men in their twenties) who still live at home making stupid excuses up for unemployment and lack of drive beyond the X-Box these days and that is really ****ing sad.

OP: Only you know what you find attractive. What you find attractive will make you happiest in certain aspects.
 FullMoonGuy
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/3/2015 8:45:01 PM

No.

I'll leave the porch light on.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > is it so bad to want an older man?