Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Why is it so hard to meet women onlie?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DivineBovine
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Why is it so hard to meet women onlie?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
a week is seriously not enough time.

i've been here over 6 months and gone on ONE date - and that was back in June!

but i've met some great friends here!
 notregme
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Why is it so hard to meet women onlie?
Posted: 1/5/2006 3:18:49 PM
Ive been here for over a year,and nothing.so sad.lol
 notregme
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2006 7:16:23 PM
firmbear8 blonds are people too .we wont have that kinda aditude here thank you.hehehe ooops!lol.Hi kissingthepink.lol.

pluse when uploading try a diffrent file size.lol.not to big thow or youll get a nipple in the eye heheheh oops!lol
 notregme
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:07:48 PM
ya kind stuns ya when she does answere .its like ok now what.so ladys in Ottawa send me emails so i can get use to emailing back.hehehe
 DivineBovine
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:16:07 PM
^^^ sorry, dear.... in 48 hours, i'll be living in London!

notregme
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2006 8:23:43 PM
no it screams email me . i know its aginest the rules but the set up was there.lol
 stephyg
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/6/2006 5:18:29 PM
well u didnt send one to me i would have responded
 stephyg
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/6/2006 5:30:12 PM
hey seriouly no i didnt
 stephyg
Msg: 34
Posted: 1/6/2006 5:34:50 PM
u know y i think men have it so hard meeting women online...bc women are lookin for men who dont bullshi* someone who is real not so**** and why do men complain about it when they r so DAMN picky....
 Peachy77
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/7/2006 10:31:42 AM
Y'know what, its tough for women on here. Seriously. I mean, my first week on here I sent a well-planned, well-thought out, well-written email to one particular lady, outlining why I was perfect for her (and I was really, really close to perfect for her), based specifically on those things she said she was looking for. I was very impressed with myself. Of course, she deleted it very quickly, and that was that. I was disappointed, sure, but a few days later I was chatting with someone else who told me that within 30 minutes of her signing up to POF she had received more than 40 messages, and 26 IM's. Within 24 hours she had 8 pages of messages in her Inbox, nearly 200 messages. And as I was chatting with her, she was simply deleting all the new messages in her inbox, and was only chatting with me because I was the first person to IM her. Had I been number 3, she just would have closed the box on me.

Frankly, there's no way someone can sift through all that and realistically weed out the good from the bad. So I felt better. Of course, to send a message to someone at all seems a little futile at this point, but nevertheless I didn't really feel rejected anymore.
 DivineBovine
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2006 12:02:24 PM

its tough for women on here. (...) 30 minutes of her signing up to POF she had received more than 40 messages, and 26 IM's. Within 24 hours she had 8 pages of messages in her Inbox, nearly 200 messages.

she must be young and very pretty.

because it doesn't happen when you're over 40!
 stephyg
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/7/2006 12:34:52 PM
well i am 28 and i dont think i am that bad looking and trust me my inbox is empty and lonely!
 DivineBovine
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2006 11:01:31 AM
^^^and the same thing applies to guys, there are women who do all of the above too!

but, no, some of the under 30s are expressing difficulty - try being over 40 and having all the men in your age group wanting the hot young chicks and only having guys young enough to be your son hitting on you because they need a cougar to show them the ropes!

yeah, i should show them ropes alright...

notregme
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/12/2006 11:08:42 AM
did you know they releast six pairs of cougars in my area?lol
 wes2469
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2013 9:50:22 AM
Dating online is just like dating in real life except much more exaggerated. If you really want to be successful you have to play "the numbers game", except to the extreme. sometimes I'll message 50-100 women at a time and only a fraction of them even reply back. 10% of the women might reply back immediately, and then 10-20% of those women would even feel comfortable going for a date in real life. Its just like anything else. If you have more money, power, fame, or looks, then you will be more successful. But one thing is for certain that I have noticed. Listen to this. Meeting women in real life is much easier than meeting women online. When you meet women in real life they can't hide behind their little computer and ignore you. LOL. In real life you have the opportunity to be much more aggressive and "women can't just block you with a click of their finger". As long as you show women respect in real life they are much more obliged to show you respect compared to online. Online women can tell you what ever they want without having to worry about what your going to do. Sitting on your ass and typing to women is definitely more comfortable though. It takes more balls to pick women up in real life. lol.
 aGent Lemon
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2013 7:58:27 PM

...they probably sit at their computer for 12 hours and take in all the compliments from no offence but weak minded men who treat girls that are 6's like 10's

Presuming that 5's represent a bordeline in regards to how they actually appear which might just sometimes just be a matter of opinion, because I know there are some very famous women who almost look like transvestites that a whole lot of "hetero" dudes would consider absolutely gorgeous. But hey... maybe it takes a much stronger mindset to see the beauty beyond their own eyes... especially comfort level. Had agreed with a lady in particular who had an excellent personality to spend 6 months with her, but my subconcious wouldn't allow me throughout the entire duration, but hey... I tried. Some of the ladies were very disappointed in saying they never thought I'd be so desperate... which I don't imagine is the case... and some were very proud of me for putting in the effort. In my heart, she's a 10... although physically maybe a 5 at most. In my opinion, I wouldn't get upset with those who treat those who rank 6's as 10's... but would be upset with those who blatantly disrespect women. Just putting this out there... that's all.
 hzrds
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/24/2013 12:07:56 AM
So topic writer wastes time in online thunderdomes for chicklet brains. They are doing you a favor by not responding. It saves you the agony of wishing you didn't have a computer and figuring out where life took a bad turn for you.
 Scylla85
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/3/2013 6:44:06 PM
I have been on this POF three times and still yet I have not be able to answer this question. When I read profiles they seem so serious and focused on so target, its true some guys just wanna get laid here but I came to realize that the women are also just same as the guys but just not open. A lot of them are just attentions seekers who want a lot of guys at their feet and if your a lucky guy u may get laid then told its not working out and they back to pof again. Now i really don't expect anything from here like the first time I got an account.
 2manyfoolshere
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/4/2013 7:25:30 PM
pof parties are not all that they seem to be, its a meat market and lots of older men over 60 checking out ladies too, i have been to a few and notice it's a attention grabber for them, all they do is dance and not too many get any contact.
 2manyfoolshere
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/4/2013 7:27:50 PM
i hear you on this one, i get meet me's and reply to all of them, then i dont get a response. i have a good comment in my profile,
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  > Why is it so hard to meet women onlie?