Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nipoleon
Msg: 136
view profile
History
He's Just Not That Into You ... Page 3 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
It's very simple.
If I'm not that into you, I won't be there.
I'll be on the other side of the bar.
I'll be not answering the phone.
I'll be not at home.
I'll be not within arms reach.
I'll be not seen or heard from.
 sparticuss
Msg: 143
He's Just Not That Into You ...
Posted: 6/4/2006 3:48:52 AM
Does this book help women to get what they need from him without him feeling threatened or pressured? I am trying very hard to learn how to communicate better, for lack of that is why I am here.
==========================
No it doesn't rock. It's actually the worst dating and realtionship book that I've ever reviewed.
It' presents stupid, needy, bimbos as a better breed of women than inelligent ones. It doesn't present th men in a much better light.

I can send you a copy of the whole reviewif you like.
 sparticuss
Msg: 144
Posted: 6/4/2006 4:03:58 AM
The book is basically taking a situation like .... " Me and my boyfriend get along great, the problem is that he's a busy man and goes away on business trips a lot. He says he misses me when he returns, but I never hear from him otherwise. "

.... and rebuttling it as ....

" Loose him, you may get along but that's it. You're just friends, a busy man can take his cell phone that's on him all day, and give you a ring. Because let's face it, talking to a woman you really like on a hectic day is just as refreshing as you ladies make it seem. So if he was just that into you, he'd be using those broken fingers"

Something like that .. it's not 100% accurate, but I hope you get the idea. :)
===================================

Hottie.
I've actually found that page.

Page 42 He’s not into you

Greg If he’s not calling you its because you are not on his mind

The truth If he’s not calling you it’s because he’s not allowed to call you. Or because your boss has told your secretary to hold all calls of a personal nature. Or because he’s up to his elbows in blood in the operating theatre. Trying to save a life is one of many reasons you are not on his mind.

If you are married, and a mother, and up to your elbows in babies, then you will know exactly what it is like to not have the time to call him.

Greg If he creates expectations for you and then doesn’t follow through on little things he will do the same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he’s OK with disappointing you.

The truth If he doesn’t follow through on little things then its because he regards them as too trivial to follow through on. You will fail to follow through on the same trivial promises to your children in about ten years time.

Greg Don’t be with someone that doesn’t do what they say they are going to do

The truth To honor and obey. You said that at the altar. You promise! And you have neither honored nor obeyed.

Greg If he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight then he doesn’t respect your feelings and needs.

The truth You need air, water, and food, in that order. Shelter and clothing are nice too. But designer clothing to be worn on a daily basis and a phone call scheduled to the second, is a “want” NOT A NEED.

Greg Busy is another word for ***hole. ***hole is the guy you’re dating

Busy is another word for busy.
***hole?? You would have to be talking about a junkie, addicted to multiple drugs, who had beaten up at least one girlfriend badly enough to cripple her, and had raped his own five year old daughter. These lowlife’s do actually exist but a naive kid like you has never known a true ***hole.

Greg You deserve a ****ing phone call.

The truth No you don’t. Not until you’ve smartened up your whole attitude to men.
 sparticuss
Msg: 145
Posted: 6/4/2006 4:06:38 AM
Man that book freakin' ROCKS! I don't agree with all of it...but it's true...if someone is REALLY TRULY into you, they will move mountains to get their poop in a group so they don't lose you.
==================
How many mountains have you moved.

NOT! How many melodramas have you performed???? How many serious mountians have you moved.?
 sparticuss
Msg: 152
Posted: 6/8/2006 6:02:04 PM
That book should be burned and banned from shelves worldwide
==================================
If you would like to post a proper profile I can send you a full rreview of the book. IN wich I tore every last afrgument in that book to piecies.
 sparticuss
Msg: 153
Posted: 6/8/2006 6:07:28 PM
All the book is, is common sense... if he aint going out of his way to show his affection.... then... NEXT
============================
Fast5oo

NOTHING in the book is common sense. In fact one of the distinct signs of committment is taking somebody for granted. Affection is still shown but the person doesn't go out of their way. Mostly because the relationship is so rock solid that they simply don't need to.
 sparticuss
Msg: 155
Posted: 6/8/2006 6:13:10 PM
Not into you Page 1
Introduction By Liz
It started out like any other day. We were pitching around ideas for our fiction stories from Sex and the City and one of the women asked for feedback on the behavior of a man who she liked. He was giving her mixed messages and she was confused.
After much discussion we concluded that she was fabulous and that he must be scared.
But on this day we had a male consultant in the room who gives a straight male perspective. Greg listened and then said to the woman. Listen it sounds like he’s just not into you.============================
=================================
===== OK ladies. Listen up! Open your ears and, far more importantly, open your minds. Firstly the average woman is about as “fabulous” as the average man. But the over inflated, and totally fragile female ego can’t handle the possibility of being “average”. This despite the average female making frantic efforts to power dress to the same average as those around her, to date the same type of boyfriends, to patronize the same bars etc etc etc. Baa baa baa!
But Greg couldn’t give the straight male perspective that I am giving because even one female ego couldn’t handle true male honesty, let alone the half a dozen in the average office environment that Greg normally occupies.
The guy being discussed wasn’t giving mixed messages. The woman, like any AVERAGE woman, has been dishing out the mixed messages to the guys for so long that now she’s hearing mixed messages even when the guy is talking straight.
=====================================================================================================================
We were shocked, appalled, amused, horrified and above all intrigued. We sensed that this man might be speaking a truth that, in our combined hundred years of dating we had never considered.
=====================================
==== ================================
And if you really understood men the way you like to say you do then Greg’s comment should have come as no surprise at all.
How many clichés like “men they’re all the same” or “we all know what men are like” have you been spouting out over the years? Fact is, that in your combined hundred years, you have been getting your information about men, third hand, mostly from women with a string of relationship failures under their belts, and therefore you know nothing at all about men. Face it! Your hundred years is not just useless. Its worse than useless if you have been shoveling the same misinformation onto one another over that time. The girl, on a first date, with no information, or misinformation, has a definite advantage because she starts with a clean slate.
====================================================================================================================
But Greg couldn’t possibly understand my very busy and complicated future husband.
=======================
========================

Liz.! If you are getting this information, about men, from Greg, for the first time in your life, then you should postpone your wedding for at least two years. This kind of information should have come from your future husband long before it came from Greg. If he can’t be honest with you in the same way as Greg has been then YOU, not him, have a serious relationship problem. The problem being that, like most women, you can’t face the truth in relationships. And, unlike Greg, your future husband knows how much damage he will do to your hopelessly fragile ego by telling you the truth.
==================================================================================================
Greg made us see that if a sane guy really likes you that there aint nothing gonna get in his way.=========
=================
=====
Where he failed miserably was in demonstrating that if a worthwhile guy really likes you that you that there shouldn’t be anything in his way in the first place. But there is. Heaps of stuff.
And, in the present dating environment you, more than anyone else, are throwing barriers in his way left right and centre. While you are doing this some other girl, with a brain of her own, with far more male savvy than you, is throwing herself at the worthwhile guys tits first and brains a close second. Tit’s and brains vs barriers! Which one do you think any male, worthwhile or otherwise, is going to choose?
==========================================================================================
 sparticuss
Msg: 156
Posted: 6/8/2006 7:34:05 PM
Not into you Page 8
Greg reminded us that we were all beautiful, smart, funny, women and we shouldn’t be wasting our time figuring out why a guy is not calling us.
=====
=========================================
Greg failed to mention that beautiful is the last on the list of desirable traits that real men seek. The other traits can be as undesirable as desirable. I note that Greg never used the word “horny” when he described the ladies. From a purely sexual point of view that’s a hundred times more important than “beautiful”. From a general point of view the most important characteristic of the lot is “likes men” Most women are actually so conditioned to man hating that even they aren’t aware of how bad they really are.

Smart is desirable. Smart ass is not. Funny ceases to be funny, in a hell of a hurry, if funny consists of a continuous stream of malicious jokes about men. To get some idea of how unfunny this sort of thing becomes, in a hurry, try spending a couple of days cracking nothing but blonde jokes and see how fast the blondes in the office lose their sense of humor.
==========================================================
It’s hard. We’re taught that in life we should look on the bright side. To be optimistic. Not in this case. In this case look on the dark side.
=====
===============================
In reality only the kiddy story books end in a happy ending where the handsome prince rides off with the beautiful princess. Only the child’s garden looks on the bright side. If you are still being taught from these kiddy books then you certainly can’t be called “smart”.
In business studies we are taught that only five percent of new businesses last more than five years. In marriage we are taught that sixty percent of marriages fail and that fifty percent of husbands and eighty percent of wives cheat in a marriage.
But women seem to suffer some sort of selective deafness when it comes to facing this sort of reality.
==============================================================
Assume rejection first. Assume you are the rule, not the exception. It’s intoxicatingly liberating. But we all know it’s not an easy concept.
=====
========================================
It’s strange that it’s so often touted as “not an easy concept” when women are discussing it. Because, in the classic style of ignorant spinsters, these same women are advising one another to continually reject the men. EG “Don’t say yes the first time or he won’t respect you.” And similar drivel.

(In fact you should ALWAYS say yes the first time or he will never ask you again. He will reject you for somebody who does say yes. Although it’s not him rejecting you of course. It’s you rejecting him.)
 sparticuss
Msg: 158
Posted: 6/8/2006 11:18:18 PM

I havent moved any mountians because I havent yet found anybody worth moving mountians for.

Now! Present accounts. Present your mountians. You may THINK that you have moved mountians.

Show us the mountians that you have moved. Not the ride that you have gone along for.

Single guy.
Did "I'm horny" rreally pop up on the display screen in the middle of a presentation???
PMSL
 sparticuss
Msg: 159
Posted: 6/8/2006 11:25:00 PM
Not into you Page 10
WE go out with someone, we get excited about them, and then they do something that mildly disappoints us. Then they keep doing a lot more things that disappoint us. Then we go into hyper excuse mode because the last thing that we want to think is that this great man that we are so excited about is turning into a creep.
==============
===============

(English Translation!)

WE go out with someone, we kid ourselves that we have finally found the elusive “perfect man”, and then they do something, less than perfect, that mildly disappoints us. Something so petty so insignificant that any decent woman wouldn’t even notice it, let alone get upset about it. But, even then, instead of talking with him in a civil manner about the issue we sulk and brood over it and wonder why he’s so “insensitive” that he cant read our minds. Then they keep doing a lot more petty things that disappoint, petty, finicky girls like us. Then we go into hyper excuse mode because the last thing that we want to think is that this perfect man that we are so excited about is the usual, good man, quality man, but definitely not a perfect man.

The most extreme , example, of this pickiness, taken way too far, has been touring the internet for some years now. A true story so it’s claimed..

"I go on this great first date and we decide to share a cab home - separate stops. When we get in, he buckles his seatbelt! I know that's a wise thing to do, so I feel like a jerk saying this, but it totally turned me off. It just seemed so kid-like and lame. Is he too much of a weenie for me, or am I out of my mind?" wrote Unrestrained Lady, Upper West Side.
To the uninitiated, Unrestrained Lady may seem like a neurotic aberration. But ditching men because they fail to measure up in some infinitesimal way has been a staple gag in real-life single girl chats for years. We all know Ascham women who won't go out with men who don't drive brand cars or didn't go to a "brand" school. Or the woman who instantly went off a man she had been crazy for because he turned up at her front door wearing a plaited belt. In the days before e-tags, another felt her stomach turn when her date fumbled with the bridge toll. These are usually not just excuses to jettison an unsatisfactory male, but genuine reasons for spontaneous revulsion.

For a true creep you would have to be talking about a junkie, addicted to multiple drugs, who had beaten up at least one girlfriend badly enough to cripple her, and had raped his own five year old daughter. These men DO exist and they are absolute barstards. But how many readers actually know them personally? They do exist but they are, thankfully, extremely rare.

============================================================================
====================
We try to come up with some explanation for why they’re behaving that way. Any explanation, no matter how ridiculous, than the one explanation that’s the truth. He’s just not into me.

=======================
======================

(English Translation!)
We try to come up with some explanation for why they’re behaving that way. Any explanation, no matter how ridiculous, except the one explanation that’s the truth. He’s a good man. Not a perfect man. The only ridiculous assumption is the whole idea of a perfect man in the first place.

====================================================================================

That’s why we’ve included questions taken from real situation. They represent the basic excuses that we all use to keep us in situations far longer than we should be. So read, enjoy, and hopefully learn from other women’s confusion.

And above all if the guy you’re dating doesn’t seem to be completely into you or you feel the need to start “figuring him out” please consider the glorious thought that he might not be into you. And then free yourself up to go find the one that is.

=================================================================================

(English Translation)
And above all, if the guy you are dating doesn’t seem to be perfect or you feel the need to start “figuring him out” please consider the glorious thought that there may be no such thing as the perfect man. And that you will never “figure him out” when you rely on information from your girlfriends who know even less about men than you do.

And then free yourself up to either accept the good man you have, or to go looking for that mythical perfect man till you are that lonely wasted skeleton on the park bench with no family, no kids, no friends, and still no perfect man.

==============================================================
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 161
Posted: 6/8/2006 11:39:02 PM
I just read seven pages of this and I am more confused than ever. Thank God I found two great pairs of shoes today. Men, I do not get. But shoes, oh shoes I get...
~Carrie Bradshaw
 secrtluvr
Msg: 162
Posted: 6/9/2006 1:30:37 AM
After my divorce
met a chick on true
she came to my town
drank a pitcher of maragaritas
then straight to bed
turned out to be a big girl
buck teeth, smelled bad
snored, refused oral--
we'd called a lot up to then
I went soft

My attention wandered
 sparticuss
Msg: 163
Posted: 6/9/2006 2:01:57 AM
Carrie

A couple of explanation to perhaps help with your confusion

He’s just not into you Page 5
Introduction by Greg

So I’m sitting in the writers room at Sex and the City when the writers start talking about guys they’re seeing.
So, on this particular day one of the ladies pipes up with Greg, you’re a guy. So I’ve been seeing this guy…….Well I think I have. See we went to a movie and it was great. I mean he didn’t hold my hand but that’s cool. I don’t like to hold hands. “But afterward he kissed me in the parking lot.” So I asked if he wanted to come over, but he had a really important meeting in the morning so he didn’t come over”
C’mon. Are you kidding me? So I asked “Have you heard from him?”
“Well that’s the thing. This was like a week ago. And then today he e mails me and is like Why haven’t I heard from you?
I stared at her for a moment while the answer was bursting out of my eyeballs. Here is this beautiful, talented, super smart girl, who is a writer on an award winning TV show known for it’s incisive observation about men who you would think could have her pick of just about any dude around. This superstar of a woman is confused about a situation that to me is so clear. Actually confused is the wrong word. She is too smart for that. She’s hopeful, not confused. But the situation is hopeless, so I broke the news to her. He’s just not that into you.
==============================================================================================

Explanation

Greg’s been hanging around the girls too long! Actually that’s not quite right or quite fair. Greg’s writing for a market of female readers, just as the Sex and the City program is written for a market of female viewers and there’s a whole bucket load of taboos in this market. (EG You’re fat! Which doesn’t matter. I like fat chicks. Double taboo there! Fat girls and the guys who like them that way.) Sex in the City would be the worst program I could think of for observations about men. It follows the lives of four women who live in a full on female culture and use men in the same way as they use vibrators. No problem for the men as they still get sex.
They may, or may not, be after more than just sex but at least they do get sex Anything else they are after is irrelevant anyway. This series is about the girls. Not the men that they date.
Let’s start with the taboo of mind reading and mixed messages. She refuses to even hold his hand during the movie. He steals a goodnight kiss from her in the car park. It’s the obvious place, from a guys point of view, to steal such a smooch, from the average neurotic, rape phobic, stalker phobic, harassment phobic, New York girl. Because if she takes offence and throws a tantrum, there’s far less of an audience, far fewer witnesses, and its far easier for him to just walk away, than in the theatre. The girl suddenly goes into reverse so fast that the gears are practically grinding. From an absolute ice cold **** who wont even hold his hand she’s suddenly inviting him home. Hellooo! It’s mixed messages all right but she’s the one who’s sending them. Not him.
================================================================================
Gregs version

And let me tell you. That’s the good news. Because wasting time with the wrong person is just time wasted. And when you do move on and find your right person believe me you’re not going to wish you had spent more time with Stinky the Time Waster of Freddy Cant remember to Call.
=====
English Translation

And let me tell you. That’s the good news. Because wasting time with this good, but less than perfect man is going to prove the best time you’ve ever spent. And when you do move on and start dating a whole heap of different men, who are all less than perfect, that’s the first step to coming to terms with the reality that nobody’s perfect. And when you end up dating a genuine creep you will, hopefully, finally, realize just how good the rest of these less than perfect men really are.
At the moment you are wasting your time kidding yourself that your present beau is perfect and agonizing that he isn’t. When you finally find yourself genuinely desperate and dateless then you are going to wish you had spent more time with Stinky the Time Waster or Freddy Cant remember to Call.
Look I am not a doctor. But I am an expert who should be listened to for several important reasons. I am a guy. More importantly I am a single guy. A regular guy who has had his fair share of dud relationships with girls who are still seeking a child’s handsome prince and can’t understand why I am not a handsome prince.
I know how a guy thinks feels and acts. I’m tired of seeing women destroying their relationship chances by shoveling the same bullshit onto one another.
 Holly_Golightly
Msg: 165
Posted: 6/10/2006 3:33:34 AM
When a person stops being spontaneous is the sign of being not that into you - that's a guide. Some guys just don't have even confidence to explain themselves, hence, dropping hints and acting strange hopefully, that you'll go away on your own. I think women do act this way too. It is still rare find to meet someone with enough maturity and confidence to talk and analyse situations on why the relationship won't work.

As for the book of the same title - I bought it for a girlfriend who was in a self-denial stage and still feeling hopeful that her guy would bounce back despite all her efforts to win him back. At the end of the book, I wrote, move on....someone else worthy will find you.
 sparticuss
Msg: 167
Posted: 6/10/2006 3:57:14 AM
what I see is you looking for confrontation
==========================

What you see is mistaken. I am not about confrontation. I am about clarification without melodramatics, without soft soaping.

Now! As I said. What mountians have you moved for him. Simple enough question. In fact, forget the mountians. What have you actually done for him at all.

And not just my question either.
One of the WOMEN has asked the same question in one of the other posts. IE "Do any of the women here know how to romance a guy"
She had been asking both the girls and the gusy what romantic gestures their partners had made in the last few weeks or months and most of the guys had replied with "nothing". Their gf's had not shown them any sort of romance at all.
 sparticuss
Msg: 168
Posted: 6/10/2006 4:01:04 AM
When a person stops being spontaneous is the sign of being not that into you - that's a guide.
==================
That depends on what stage of the relationship Holly. (Never that simple is it )

If its in early stages then it's a sign that he's not paticularly interested.

If the relationship has been going for a few months then the lack of spontanaeity means that you are used to his surprieses and they are no longer surprises.

It also means that he is taking you for granted. Thats a dirty sentence in the language of romance but it's also a sure sign of long term committment.
 sparticuss
Msg: 172
Posted: 6/11/2006 1:16:45 AM
"If he doesn't call you- he's just not that into you". He was saying "But I really am just shy!!! It's not easy to call a girl!!

=================================
Intriduge. I thought I'd already posted that section??? Errr no actually I didn't The different section of the book seem to be all so identical these days.

Never mind. Here it is!

Page 30 “He’s not into you” if he’s not calling you.
Men know how to use the phone

But he’s been traveling a lot
======================
Dear Greg
I recently started dating a very nice man. He’s gentle, he’s affectionate, he’s attentive. It recently became a long distance thing because of his work. The first problem is that he doesn’t’ call me when he says he’s going to. Actually he doesn’t call me that much at all. A week will go by and I’ll call him. Then he’ll call me back five days later. But when he does get me on the phone it s all honey and baby and I miss you so much. Etc etc etc.
Gina
======================
Greg’s answer
The only distance that’s bothering me is the distance between you and reality. Eg In your second sentence you said he’s gentle and affectionate. But a few sentences later you are saying “He doesn’t really call me when he says he’s going to.” That is neither affectionate not attentive.
For the record a man who likes you wants to spend time with you And he’ll only settle for talking to you on the phone five times a day when he physically cant get on a plane to come and see you.
============================
The real answer
Dear Gina
The only thing that has changed is the distance. If he was genuinely attentive and affectionate when you two were close then his feelings haven’t changed with distance. You call him once a week. He calls you once a week. Sounds fair. The job and the distance haven’t altered his feelings, the problem is the distance. Don’t under rate that problem though. It can still destroy a relationship.
If, on the other hand, he wasn’t affectionate and attentive when you were close then the distance is a nice excuse to fob you off completely.

I have to ask all of the female readers a particularly relevant question here. How many of you have had boyfriends who did ring and e mail you five times a day? At work? For a half hour at a time? And how many of you had to tell these guys, very firmly, NOT to ring you at work or you would be sacked?

Page 33 “He’s not into you”
He says things he doesn’t mean.
Dear Greg
I’m dating this guy who ends conversations saying he’ll call me at a certain time. And then he doesn’t. He always ends up calling but never when he said he would.
Should I read something into this.?
Annie
=========================
Greg’s answer
Dear Call Waiting
Yes you should read something into this. In fact the very something is he’s just not into you Here’s the deal. Most guys l say what they think you want to hear at the end of a date or a phone call, rather than nothing at all. Some guys are lying some really mean it. Here’s how you tell the difference. You know that they really mean it when they do what they say they will do.
Here’s something else to think about . Calling when you say you’re going to is the very first brick in the house you are building of love and trust. If he cant lay one stupid brick down you aint never going to have a house. And baby it’s cold outside.
===============================
The real answer
Dear Annie
Yes m dear you should certainly read something into this.
You should read the following into this. This list is provided by the Darebin Women’s Shelter here in Melbourne. It lists the following as the sure signs that a woman is living in an abusive relationship with a control freak and a wife basher.
• Do you feel like you are walking on eggshells?
• Are you told what to do, when to do it, what to wear?
• Do you have to account for your time?
• Are you hit, kicked or pushed around? Do you have things thrown at, or near you?
• Are you cut off from family and friends?
• Is your partner possessive or jealous?
• Does your partner control you and the money?
Typical examples of wife abuse?? Think again.

- The average husband has to account for every time he works back late. He’s routinely accused of infidelity even though he’s got the overtime money to prove otherwise. The real truth is that the workplace often feels more like a home than his home. Particularly if home means “walking on eggshells” all the time.

So then! It’s not enough that he rings you back. He’s supposed to ring back on schedule no matter what workplace emergency pops up.

Yes m dear! You can certainly read something into this. You can read the fact that, like virtually every female reading this review, you are a control freak and that you are a husband basher! Even if you are not married to him and have never actually hit him.
Page 42 He’s not into you
Greg If he’s not calling you its because you are not on his mind
The truth If he’s not calling you it’s because he’s not allowed to call you. Or because your boss has told your secretary to hold all calls of a personal nature. Or because he’s up to his elbows in blood in the operating theatre. Trying to save a life is one of many reasons you are not on his mind.
If you are married, and a mother, and up to your elbows in babies, then you will know exactly what it is like to not have the time to call him.
Greg If he creates expectations for you and then doesn’t follow through on little things he will do the same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he’s OK with disappointing you.
======================================
The truth If he doesn’t follow through on little things then its because he regards them as too trivial to follow through on. You will fail to follow through on the same trivial promises to your children in about ten years time.
======================================
Greg Don’t be with someone that doesn’t do what they say they are going to do
====================================
The truth To honor and obey. You said that at the altar. You promised! And you have neither honored nor obeyed.
Greg If he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight then he doesn’t respect your feelings and needs.
The truth You need air, water, and food, in that order. Shelter and clothing are nice too. But designer clothing to be worn on a daily basis and a phone call scheduled to the second, is a “want” NOT A NEED.
Greg Busy is another word for ***hole. ***hole is the guy you’re dating
Busy is another word for busy.
***hole?? You would have to be talking about a junkie, addicted to multiple drugs, who had beaten up at least one girlfriend badly enough to cripple her, and had raped his own five year old daughter. These lowlife’s do actually exist but a naive kid like you has never known a true ***hole.
================================
Greg You deserve a ****ing phone call.
The truth No you don’t. Not until you’ve smartened up your whole attitude to men.
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/11/2006 1:46:17 AM
If you like me, buy me shoes and then I'll know. Again, men I do not get. But shoes, shoes I get....
~Carrie B.
 mimosa
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 6/11/2006 6:10:12 AM
I read both books, He's not that into you, and Why men like ****es, since I'm interested in the male perspective I also bought The Game, so we women aren't the only ones with self-help books.

My point being if relationships were all about rational thinking they would be a lot simpler being as we are dealing in emotions, rational thought goes out the window on both sides.

I'm pride myself on being rational and analytical, but when it comes to emotions well just forget it, since I was not raised as a courtesan I am sometimes clueless as to the male species motivations as I'm sure the opposite is true.
This is certainly not a new notion, Adam and Eve had a few problems right, men and women have been ****ing about each other forever it's all great fun actually most of it is not even serious.
And some people are fascinated enough about the whole thing to do research, observe and write about it for all the clueless men and women who are not arrogant enough to think they know it all and are not cynical enough to have stopped trying.
 sparticuss
Msg: 177
Posted: 7/1/2006 1:50:34 AM
i have read the book and it is my bible.. i learned SOOO MUCH FROM IT

Youre' kidding of course Gaberiaelle??? Arent you.??

Would you like me to send you the full review of it. ? The whole thing. The mad assumptions, the muths, the mythbustings, the lot.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >