Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 who_the_fox
Msg: 133
Canadian / American relationships.. can it work???Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
According to men

For a woman 50 IS dead

Just out of interest, I started a post asking about people dating mainlanders...oddly, most of them think even that is too much work. Maybe our views are warped by being trapped on the Rock?
 fantasyland11
Msg: 136
Canadian / American relationships.. can it work???
Posted: 2/19/2006 9:14:42 PM
''Sure it can a lot of my friends have married American women.If I were to fall for
a woman anywhere on this planet,there are no mountains nor oceans to stop me
from getting to her and being with her.'' no1cowboy, Great answer! appaulse!!

How many men can be like you???! Dedication and devotion is extremely rare amongst the men as statistically proven. If I were to find a man as such, he would be loved by me to death!!!
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 10:32:49 AM
Just Google for the First Special Service Force (FSSF) , popularly known as the " Devil's Brigade" , from WW2.

If you want to know where units like the Seals and Delta Force can trace their routes back to, one of those influences is there.

Americans and Canadians were brought together, trained together, and developed some brand new tactics in warfare. The qualities both nations brought to the mix made both stronger.

These men, without any real military background, and coming from a democracy ( with all the limitations that can mean in warfare) were sent against some of the most elite German units in action. Those units were composed of men with centuries of military experience in their families, and were run with an iron hand.

The Devil's Brigade terrorized them, and consistently won in every battle they fought.

I think that's the proof we all need as to how well Canadians and Americans can work together.

What we need is the " First Special Forces of Love. "
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 147
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:36:23 AM
I truly think it can be done. The catch is of course one of you has to be willing to give up their current life for it to work. I would hope, should you ask that of someone, you would have the strength of character to do everything to make sure it works. It's quite alot to ask of someone, to show how grateful you are for someone taking such a chance on you should be way up on your priorities list.
 who_the_fox
Msg: 148
Posted: 3/19/2006 8:45:41 AM
I have a friend who married an AMerican woman. It took 2 years for her to be able to work in Canada and another 6 months after that before she was eligible for MSP. The legal costs were around $5000.00
It isn't as easy as one would think...so prepare for some hard work and a lot of red tape.
 caffeine7
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 3/19/2006 11:09:00 AM
I would date an American, but if we decided to move in together, he would have to move to Canada...unless he lived in a liberal-minded state.
 sexyviper
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 3/24/2006 8:48:21 AM
yeah moondog ...you just keep believeing that
 NtvNtv
Msg: 158
Posted: 8/16/2013 7:08:24 PM
I love the American accent....would like to date an American for sure.
 NtvNtv
Msg: 159
Posted: 8/16/2013 8:48:16 PM
The 2 fellows I met were from California and the other from Orlando.
Could listen to them all day :)
 liketo
Msg: 160
Posted: 8/20/2013 2:21:44 PM
You want accents! I married a Chinese lady, she only knows a few words in English. I taught her to say holy shit, it sure sounds funny the way she talks, and i love it (and her).
 or_current_resident
Msg: 161
Posted: 8/20/2013 5:12:56 PM

I married a Chinese lady, she only knows a few words in English. I taught her to say holy shit, it sure sounds funny the way she talks, and i love it (and her)

There ya go! marde!!! ^^^^^^ moi parley la fran- say aper many moons ago ,can you tell?.....^^^^^^

And to think you guys brought us the Mounted Police,Maple Syrup & Hockey! thank you..........oh Canada....
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >