Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do many women expect men to make the first move?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 backgammonnn123
Msg: 76
why do many women expect men to make the first move?Page 4 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
looooooooooooooooooool
 FantasyFlavor
Msg: 77
why do many women expect men to make the first move?
Posted: 2/4/2006 5:33:13 AM
Ouch! Why so angry at me backgammon? I was basically trying to say
I understand what it's like guys...geez...I'll go stand in the corner &
eat my cake...
brian-that's just a rumor,a myth.
 BrianPeach
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/4/2006 12:22:38 PM
you know fantasyf, what i say is very baffeling, don't try to understand it. in a nation-wide poll studies show that 3 out of 4 is 75%. i rest my case.
 brittany4u
Msg: 79
Posted: 2/4/2006 1:12:58 PM
I would love to make the first move, but there are still alot of guys that think poorly of women if they are aggresive. Unfortunately there still is alot of double standards. Some men think the woman is too easy and they are not interested if she makes the first move. We kind of have the past instilled in us, I have even tried to ask a guy to dance and I always get turned down. Always. Maybe it is to get even???? I don't know, but I just go out and dance alone now instead of trying to ask. If someone asks me to dance I always dance, I think it is only polite.
 gina123
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/4/2006 4:29:17 PM
HI, I LIKE WHAT YOU SAID...I COULD TELL YOU MY REASON..FEAR OF REJECTION....BAD TIMING, MAYBE HE MAY BE WITH SOME OTHER GIRL...THERE ARE A FEW REASONS, AND THE BEST, IT WOULD MAKE ME FEEL AS THOUGH HE CARED, IF HE CALLED ME.......AND I LIKE THAT...HE ACTS LIKE HE DOES WHEN I AM AROUND...BUT WHEN I AM NOT AROUND HIS FRIENDS HOUSE, HE NEVER CALLS...HE LIVES ACROSS THE HALL FROM HIS FEMALE FRIEND WHO HE LOOKS AT LIKE A MOTHER FIGURE...I GO VISIT HER AND WHEN HE SEE'S MY CAR HE STOPS IN, AFTER AWHILE THE HUGS BEGIN AND THE KISSES AND THE LAUGHING, WE HAVE A GOOD TIME...BUT IF I AM NOT THERE, HE DOES NOT CALL..SO I GET CONFUSED...MY FRIEND SAID HE STARTED DATING, OK....BUT WHEN HE SEE'S ME HE WANTS ME TO STAY..I GUESS I AM A ONE NIGHTER FOR HIM..HE SAYS HE MISSES ME...HE TAKES OTHER WOMAN OUT ON DATES, BUT NEVER DID HE TAKE ME OUT...JUST TO HIS APARTMENT..I ASKED HIM THE OTHER NIGHT ABOUT THE DATING..HE SAID I TOLD THE SCHOOL TEACHER BAH BAH BAH, NO CHEMISTRY THERE FOR HIM....AND I AM THE ONLY ONE HE HAS BEEN WITH INTIMATELY...FOR NOW ANYWAY...IS HE LOOKING AROUND FOR SOMETHING BETTER? I DID MENTION, ARE YOU USING ME, HE SAID NO..BUT HIS ACTIONS ARE NOT ONE OF SOMEONE WHO IS ALL THAT INTERESTED, UNLESS I AM THERE...I AM SO CONFUSED....THEY TELL ME HE IS NOT A GAME PLAYER...HE TELLS IT LIKE IT IS..BUT HE NEVER CALLS...I WANT TO CALL HIM, BUT I CANNOT BRING MYSELF TOO...I DO NOT KNOW IF HE IS ON A DATE TONIGHT...SO I LEAVE IT ALONE, AND SAY IF HE LIKES ME THAT MUCH HE WILL CALL .....MAYBE I AM WRONG, MAYBE HE IS USING ME UNTIL SOMETHING BETTER COMES ALONG..GOD ONLY KNOWS...I REALLY DO LIKE WHEN I AM WITH HIM..WE HAVE SO MUCH FUN...BUT THAT IS AS FAR AS IT GOES FOR NOW..ITS BEEN 6 MONTHS..WHAT GIVES. ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE GUYS WOULD BE WELCOMED...NO BEATING UP ON ME...I BEAT MYSELF UP ENOUGH, NEED NO HELP....THANKS
 backgammonnn123
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:56:22 PM
Fantasy, my comment wasnt direct to u but to women in general hun:). I was just commenting about how most women wanted to be on both sides of the fence at the same time:)
 backgammonnn123
Msg: 82
Posted: 2/4/2006 9:59:35 PM
Britanny, if a gal asked me to dance i would say no also, but thats just cause i dont know how to dance hehehehe. As far as double standards yes there are lots of those, but at least we arent in lebanon. Those are the snobbiest , most high maintenance women on earth. lol
 backgammonnn123
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/4/2006 10:03:29 PM
Gina sounds like u got a guy that also wants to have his cake and eat it to. Where do u ladies pick up these guys at?To me that isnt a real man. That is why i hate to date casually. For its either im interested in her to begin with or im not. Also i always like to hang out with a girl before i date her because u cannot romance a stranger and truely mean it, you can only romance your soulmate.
 twilight-twin
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/6/2006 2:29:19 PM
Gina, stop sleeping with the thug unless you only want him for a bed buddy because that's all you are to him.
 backgammonnn123
Msg: 85
Posted: 2/6/2006 7:09:48 PM
Jupiter thank for being the voice of sanity. It seems that most women on here and most women in general really suffer from a lack of confidence. Ladies, welcome to the real world. Finally a few women on here are speaking up about the incredible hypocrisy of most other women these days.:) God bless sanity
 backgammonnn123
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/6/2006 7:13:27 PM
JOJO you are talking about preconditioned wannabee robotic men with no minds of their own. Why in heck would u even want to impress a man that thinks like this. If yopu want equal rights then you are also subject to the rejections and let downs that all men face these days.
 maile
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2006 7:27:40 PM
Those are "the rules." Anyone over 40 will tell you that.
 gina123
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2006 4:07:18 AM
Hi, I like what you said..See why I will not call..I think you are right. Still shopping around, and when the stores are closed, I run into him Ha! Ha!
 gina123
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2006 4:12:28 AM
Hi, I like what you wrote also..You are probably right...Why do we have a hard time seeing this for what it is...Thanks so much...My friend trys to make me feel like something is wrong with me...She knows him well, but she says give it time...He does not use people..So I go and beleive her...Still no phone call..I will give him up..Thanks so much...Just needed someone else to say it...
 Capt Joe
Msg: 90
Posted: 3/11/2006 12:29:49 PM
Gina: Sometimes men dont make the first move out of respect. I know myself, if I see long term possibilites there, I'll go very slow and deliberate. Torrid affairs start out and end up as just that and that alone. Seldom do they last long. If I were you, I'd dump this dude for someone who wants to know YOU as a woman not just a sex object. If he cares for the woman in you...the sex will be there too. Nothing better than great sex with the woman you REALLY care about. It's all about that "I've just been *DONE GOOD*" gleam in your eye when its with someone you love.

Joe
 jackiec
Msg: 91
Posted: 3/11/2006 12:34:50 PM
I can only speak for myself. I am not the type of person to call a guy unless he has requested that I do so. The reason for this is that I don't want to bother him and make him think I am chasing him. I am not intending to play a game at all. There are times when I would love to call a guy, but don't for the simple fact that I feel that is a too bit forward.
 letsenjoylife
Msg: 92
Posted: 3/11/2006 3:03:55 PM
Dating and society has changed so much i can't figure it anymore. I think it is important that a guy shows interest and tell a woman that he is dating his intentions. Then let her decide when the time is right.
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 93
Posted: 3/11/2006 3:09:25 PM
If a woman makes the first move the guy won't appreciate her. Also, if she makes the first move the guy will think she is easy.

Wrong and wrong. It's 2006 already!

I think some women like having the "power". That's why they don't make the first move.
 baseball467
Msg: 94
Posted: 3/11/2006 3:34:01 PM
travisty...very good point
 LadySunDevil
Msg: 95
Posted: 3/11/2006 5:18:23 PM
Rufus_Stone wrote:
I actually think that women nearly always make the first move, but it is so subtle, you blink and the moment is gone. Its an eye thing, like subliminal messaging, a split second of contact.

I think Rufus might be a GENIUS!

And like many of the other ladies who posted I am old fashioned and it goes against my nature or upbringing...whatever!...but when I have gotten the courage to e-mail a guy.....especially on POF....it's not gone well. I guess I am much more open minded about men I find attractive then the men I contact....or maybe I am really unattractive and that message has not made it to my brain LOL Bottom line: Men are hunters.....let them HUNT!.......it's one of the sexiest things a man can do!
 Tomfl51
Msg: 96
Posted: 3/11/2006 6:11:59 PM
And that's a good reason why I don't ask guys out. Not all, but many take it the wrong way. Nope, I'll stick to what's comfortable for me....being asked out. If guys are getting rejected a lot, maybe it's because they aren't watching for the ok signs to approach.

Some tips....
quickly turns her head when you catch her looking (a bit shy ? doesn't want to get caught)
Smiling at you alot.
Looking at you alot.
Flirting with you.
Touching you alot.
Inviting you along.
Maintains eye contact. (outgoing ? or interested)
She mimics your body movements.
Laughs at your corny jokes.
Pays attention to what you have to say. (Interested ? or good communicator)

These are just a few of the clues....the more signs you have, the better your chances.
And if you get quite a number of these signs and you don't ask her out...well, you just never know what you might be missing.

Maybe you should follow your own tips sweetie when a guy does this. The more signs you have, the better YOUR chances.

Gimme a break...........you want equality except for this and paying your way on a first date. You can't just pick and choose your 'equality"
 nasajack2003
Msg: 97
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:19:46 AM
The first move should always be done by Atlas Van Lines or Beken's Moving and Storage.
 Capt Joe
Msg: 98
Posted: 3/14/2006 6:15:52 AM
Some women prefer "Two men and a van" LOL
 Capt Joe
Msg: 99
Posted: 3/14/2006 6:36:17 AM
EASY ?? Whats wrong with EASY, at this stage in life? LOL I'm mature enough to be able to handle "EASY". I know .. I know...you wont make love on first date but second or third date changes all that? RIGHT ? DOH The unwritten rule of first date.
I don't judge people. I don't think many men do anymore in that regard. And if they do...do you really want to be around them for a second date anyway ? As a man, I appriciate most women...no matter when intimacy takes place if even at all.
I've actually had a woman ask me, in friendship, what date should she take her new man to bed? My reply: "When its the natural thing to do". Its not a matter of when...but of the quality of WHO. If it's there and it's the Natural thing to do at the moment...GO FOR IT if thats what you both want. Who cares what date # it is, or who makes the first move? This is 2006 not 1960.
It brings me to what could possibly be a new topic: When do people feel it's the right time for intimacy to be shared?
 kinkystud
Msg: 100
Posted: 3/14/2006 6:37:41 AM
cybury

that eliminates about 80 % of the women on this site.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why do many women expect men to make the first move?