Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Match.com are irresponsible      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Timothy25
Msg: 251
Match.com are irresponsiblePage 11 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Maybe I will stay with the free sites. I know someone who found a girlfriend on match.com and they didn't share a success story. Success stories could be fake and could be for real.
 foxybear 66
Msg: 252
Match.com are irresponsible
Posted: 2/16/2008 2:09:53 PM
Well since every one has said about Match.com i try it a few years back with no response Then Now I have decide to try plenty of fish.com . I have not gotton tomuch response from ladies except one or at least 3 that put me in there favorite which is great as well and I like that too. Yes i may be only casually dating to see how it will work out with some one. But I have one on True.com and had the free trail.I decide to ssign up for a a month or so. I have had ladies seem to be interested in me on that one site and started dating casual with her as just friends. But I also made some lady friend on here as well and they were from other dating site. But most of women I have contacted say I not there not interested. Which is ok as ell we all have our different interest in what we are looking for in aRelationship. I stick with plenty of fish for a long while until I found the one I would like to have or unless she find me frist and then we see where it go from there. any way So long for now. happy fishing you all.
 Moongirl616
Msg: 253
view profile
History
Match.com just isn't worth your time!
Posted: 2/16/2008 2:27:58 PM
I joined Match.com a year ago and have been on it on and off for even longer. Everyone I have met there was just looking for some tail. If tail is your thing great, but that was not the original concept behind the site. It's turned into a meat market, so I terminated my membership. To answer your question, at the beginning of your profile, put something like. If you'd like to contact me, you can always reach me at ( ) at that America on the line site, since I'm not a member here. Usually that works.

This site has blown me away, I met someone great and right away. I would go back to craigslist which I also had some success on, before I would ever do match again
 outofthedesert
Msg: 254
Posted: 2/16/2008 2:32:11 PM
I have been on Match and gotten a few good dates. I did rejoin because a guy I wanted to meet was on there and had winked at me. They are having a 15% off special. I do prefer this site, but I was interested in that man. Funny thing, been on here six months nothing happening. I rejoined Match yesterday and have received 6 emails today! Where were those guys yesterday?
 Timothy25
Msg: 255
Posted: 2/29/2008 4:38:29 AM
I haven't met that many girls on match.com and I heard that there were people successful with the site who have gotten married. I think that all they care about is the money they get.
 J.Kellar
Msg: 256
Match.com and others
Posted: 2/29/2008 5:14:48 AM
there is no way to stop them,it took me a bit to figure out that it is a promo trick and that there really is no one looking to contact me......reason i know this is i put a bunch of random words on my profile that dont even make sense in pig latin so why would anyone contact me other than match.crap wanting to trick me.......all the pay sites are fake and gold diggers
 ocaptnbob
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2008 1:10:39 PM
Has anyone done some QUICK math about these online dating sites?

Match.com claims to have over a million active members. (They don't seem to delete inactive members, because big numbers draw new subscribers).

One million members, times an average of $20 a month is TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS A MONTH in revenues, with minimal overhead. So now you know how they afford the prime time TV ads... but I agree, if a lady wishes to give me her direct email address in her email so I may contact her back, HOW DARE the dating website edit the email address so I MUST subscribe in order to communicate with her?

Greed is an ugly thing and I think they've missed the point.

just my 2 cents.
 ocaptnbob
Msg: 258
view profile
History
Posted: 2/29/2008 1:17:39 PM

I joined Match.com a year ago and have been on it on and off for even longer. Everyone I have met there was just looking for some tail. If tail is your thing great, but that was not the original concept behind the site. It's turned into a meat market, so I terminated my membership.

I am hearing that A LOT LATELY, that's it has become a meet market (meat market?) for people just looking to get LAID, not necessarily real long term relationships.

Once WOMEN realize this is the case, they'll drop off. Once MEN realize this is the case, it will be flooded with horn dogs looking for one thing and one thing only.

Thus the beginning of the end for match.com - but hey, the revenues of $20 million plus a MONTH should allow the owners and executives to retire quite nicely, so they won't be too upset when their website fails.

darylr
Msg: 259
Posted: 2/29/2008 1:21:22 PM
You have to watch True.com also. I was a member of that site about a year ago. Within the past couple of months, i kept getting emails from them saying you have 3 new emails in your inbox. So i, like a dummy, subscribed for another month, just out of curiosity of who emailed me. I get on there, and lo and behold, no emails in my inbox. I guess i learned a lesson there. But its pretty sad that they do shit like that to get people to subscribe. Are there any other good sites out there besides this one?
 lok
Msg: 260
Posted: 2/29/2008 3:09:09 PM
There is a trick , that very few people know about ( unfortunately ) , have 2 email addresses , register with one , and use the other as your user name ( not with the @hotmail dot com prefix )

EG: email 1 mynamehere@hotmail
email 2 anamehere@hotmail

register mynamehere as your user name , but use the anamehere as your actual email address , this way you can contact other members without blowing your actual registered with them email address.

this saves the whole trying to hide your email address in your profile act. You can be caught out , as they have methods to find out ( usually a spam email sent out to the user name , and if you answer they know , so you have to answer VERY carefully , or use another alternate email addy , but dont answer to their question , stasrt with one of your own , like " i saw your profile on X site , and thought i would email you , my user name is XYZ .

It does take some tweaking , and , like i said not everyone does it ( for privacy issues - im sure people dont want more stalkers than they already have lol )

But its the free sites like this one that more people should know about. I dont see why it should cost you hard earned money to end up empty handed.
 Timothy25
Msg: 261
Posted: 2/29/2008 3:41:10 PM
If OK Cupid becomes a pay site I am giving it up. I stay with this site too and I am not getting responses on this site. I have met very few girls on match.com.
 sunnyshari
Msg: 262
Posted: 2/29/2008 4:59:20 PM
I was on Match, and "hid" my profile before I let my subscription run out. Now I get emails from MATCH saying someone has "viewed my profile and wants to meet me." What profile? It's not even available to be viewed. They lie to get you to re-join, which I won't do. Ever. How stupid--or desperate--- do they think we are??????????
 tall.cold.1
Msg: 263
Posted: 3/2/2008 5:02:46 AM

If I sign up with a pay site..... I want to see only women who have paid also.... otherwise, its a huge waste of time and the only entity that benifits is the paysite.... Match.com-Guilty, EHarmony-Guilty, Yahoo-Guilty, EquestrianSingles-Guilty, FarmersOnly-Guilty....

The thing is, for the most part women do NOT have to pay to get responses, even on paysites. I have a woman friend who's met a lot of partners on AFF. On FF (friend finder) sites a guy has to be a paying member just to even look at someone else's profile. All a woman has to do is have a profile up (without being a paying member). Guys will contact her and usually give her his e-mail address.

The advice my woman friend gave me was to keep messaging the women you're interested in. That makes sense because a lot of women get tons of messages on these dating sites and chances are she's not going to read each and every one of them.
 Timothy25
Msg: 264
Posted: 3/3/2008 4:41:21 AM
Has anyone ever reported match.com, eharmony or yahoo personals to the Internet Crime Complaint Center? I heard that people reported true.com to them. Even the Texas attorney general and better business bearau.
 Adam 4 Coffee
Msg: 265
Match.com and others
Posted: 3/3/2008 4:55:28 AM
you forgot jdate they want both people to have paid user accounts and I think I may have 3 fake messages that I can;t read trying to get me to join. I am not paying $40-$60 a month when POF and some other sites are free. And if someone has a free acount they should be able to read teh e-m,ail sent by a paid user. And be able to get a reply.
 Timothy25
Msg: 266
Match.com and others
Posted: 3/16/2008 9:24:50 AM
I will avoid the pay sites and stay with this site. I was getting on match.com so many girls not interested in me.
 trailviews
Msg: 267
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2008 10:54:15 AM

I was on Match, and "hid" my profile before I let my subscription run out. Now I get emails from MATCH saying someone has "viewed my profile and wants to meet me." What profile? It's not even available to be viewed.

Technically, I think that only hides you from being found in general searches. If someone had previously saved your profile as a favorite, otherwise had a link to it through messages/winks, or they did a search on your username, I think they can still view your profile and send you messages.
 cyranodb1970
Msg: 268
Posted: 3/16/2008 4:48:49 PM
i won't ever use a pay site again. They were all such a huge waste of money.
 youmayneverknow
Msg: 269
Posted: 3/16/2008 5:45:19 PM
yea now i have to speak up. i too had a profile on match. as well as many others. well to say the least all the pay sites that is. all of them was atleast 5 years on all at same time. what become of them? nothing!!! you had the pay wall up to start with. even if i paid still nothing became of them. so i figured it was something with me??? so here i am on fish going on 41/2 years now. but see i dont have to pay but still nothing, figure that one out.
anyhow on these other sites i got banned from one cause they said i cannot use nude pics...?? so i mailed them asking what pics they was meaning. when in fact it was a pic of me with my children and my dog. they finally seen they was wrong and offered a free month for their mistake. i told them to stuff it and take my profile off the site.

also got banned from another. they claimed i put in personal contact info in my profile. but when i tried to confront them on that matter. they refused to respond to my emails. and finally figured out it was cause i wouldnt pay to be a member. they didnt want me taken up their space or????

then another site banned me for a good cause. i figured out a way thru their pay wall. i dont remeber the site. though i will say this. it was all free to the women but the men have to pay to do anything. like this say a woman mailed me. i would have to inturn pay to respond to them. so i made a profile posing as a female. which then when a woman would mail me. i would turn to the fake profile and mail them back. lol it worked good for a short while. till i was busted by one their moderators

and a few other sites banned me cause i figured them out. they was trying the ole setting the hook trick so to speak. fake emails from women who never mailed trying to get me to pay. i confronted the site on this matter and was banned. funny thing is i called 2 of them i didnt mail the sites. not to mention they was rude to me and cussing.

to all and God bless
 cyranodb1970
Msg: 270
Posted: 3/17/2008 3:37:58 PM
They're all a bunch of crooks IMO
 outofthedesert
Msg: 271
Posted: 3/17/2008 4:06:11 PM
There is currently litigation against yahoo.
 indehills
Msg: 272
Posted: 3/17/2008 4:32:14 PM

I was on Match, and "hid" my profile before I let my subscription run out. Now I get emails from MATCH saying someone has "viewed my profile and wants to meet me." What profile? It's not even available to be viewed.

There are users who know how to view your profile HERE even if you've got it hidden. Don't know how they do it, but I've had it done to me in the past, and not through favorites lists, profiles I've viewed, or messages I've sent, either.
 Timothy25
Msg: 273
Posted: 3/18/2008 4:37:34 AM
I gave up on match.com since I lost trust in them. Pay sites could care less about fake profiles I think. Maybe match.com needs to be put out of business.
 supersnuggle
Msg: 274
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2008 4:53:25 AM

Personally, I like the sites that charge both parties. I think it shows that the other person is serious about being there and not just trolling for attention.

That is pure bull... I was on three paying sites for over a year, and have been on here three months. I have had a higher percentage of responses to my emails on here, and had several good dates from here. I have met the best prospect so far, right here. As long as POF is free, I will never pay again!
 kathareeene
Msg: 275
Posted: 3/18/2008 5:04:23 AM
whateva
it nevvvvvvvvver ceases to AMAZE me
people that expect SOMETHING for NOTHIN
if shes not worth ur lil 35dollars then FORGET IT N QUIT BOTHERIN FOLKS IN HERE WITH THAT LAME ASS STUFF
Show ALL Forums  > Testimonials  > Match.com are irresponsible